October 31, 2014 | 1513 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by sweetlaney

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

used this product made no difference to my nails, and i followed the instructions to the letter. i have soft,peeling splitting nails and they stayed that way. i have no problem growing nails but they tend to break easily if i knock them etc, such a shame as i had heard great things about OPI nail treatments.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Bridgetogrady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was recomended this product after I had gel nails removed by my manicurist. I almost didn't purchase this due to the price (I believe I paid over $20CAD) but figured I'd give it a shot. It was totally worth it, and I now have been using it for almost a year. My nails can actually grow and are very strong. Ocassionally I apply a nail color on top and then another layer of the hardner on top, it still works great.

The only con I find is the it can chip after about 3 days but since it is clear it is very easy to reaply quickly and it does dry rather quickly.

Over all I would recomend this if you have brittle nails, it works much better then tipical drug store brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Erresistable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great product! I used to get fake nails done, and leave them on for about a month and then rip them off. My nails were so brittle and I got this product recommended to me by a friend. Best investment I've made on my nails! After a week you notice that your nails are much stronger! I love it! I will get again!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by xcaramelissa

(I'll be reviewing this as its intended purpose as a nail treatment) So I have dry nails that split easily. My nails do a weird internal split where the layers are separated, but rarely come apart. It's more as a result of impact to the nail edge and leaves a white mark and with more hits, the split can work its way down the nail. Working in retail and dealing with metal hangers/clothes, my nails receive a lot of roughing. I don't have the luxury to wear gloves while doing chores/work, so for the price of $16, I expected good results. I think my mistake was asking for a miracle. I'm 100% positive that if I took 1-2 weeks off work and babied my nails with Nail Envy, I'd have great looking nails. But as it is, I can't and my nails have continuously split, even following directions of applying 2 coats the first day and 1 coat every other day. What I can say though is that I did successfully repair a split toenail using nail envy since my toes don't see a lot of action. But for the hands, Nail Evny does the best as it can and I can only say it's better than the Sally Hansen treatment's I've done. So 3.5 stars for Nail Envy and still on the fence if I'd buy more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by chelsia

been using this about 2 months now & noticed very good results. I was using this because I tend to wash my hands a lot & my nails are weak so they peel a lot when they get to a certain length. I like growing my nails out but hate that they peel, so my mom got me this product & I've been using it & noticed my nails are stronger :) I do 2 coats first then 1 coat every other day for 5 days then i take it off & let my nails air out for a day or 2 then repeat. The bottle still looks like I've never used it so that's a good thing for the price! I suggest this to anyone wanting to grow their weak nails & to make them strong, you will get your moneys worth.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by lilnay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this for a little over a year now. It has made my weak nails much stronger than ever before but they still break every now and then. I apply 2 coats and then the following morning I apply 1 coat of a shade. I don't apply the color the same day because it takes a while for the 2nd base coat to dry. It last for about a week and allows my color to last just about that long as well. I've tried this on my mom who has weak nails but it didn't work for her so it looks like it wont work for everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by mariaairam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Definitely makes my nails grow faster, and the brush is perfection. I use this as a base coat every single time I paint my nails, and I think it might have helped prevent them turning yellow. The only thing I haven't noticed much is my nails becoming _stronger_, but they weren't very weak to begin with :) Still a great product, it dries quickly and makes me remember to always use base coat.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by kissesinbetween

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I do not have very weak nails, but I noticed that whenever my nails grow to a certain length, the sides will like layer/peel or something like that (get what I mean?) so iI tried getting this.
So far I've only used this for 3 days, it seems pretty okay but I noticed it makes my nails look yellow! Other than that, I do not know if it's the vitamins I've been taking recently or was it nail envy, my nails somehow look better? Hm.
I would not repurchase this because my nails do not really need them that much.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Shorty28799

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nail Envy protects bare nails like a shield. Its transparent and enhances their natural beauty. It gives a very shiny clean look.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Babo2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had been told how wonderful this product was, so I decided to try it. Boy was I disappointed!! I couldn't put coloured polish over top because it wouldn't dry properly and everything chipped off after a few days.
Very disappointing for a product with such a great reputation.