Chanel Glossimer

4.3

on 12/2/2007 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm a big Chanel fan, and the Glossimers are one of my favorite products. They're gel-based, so they're not sticky and I don't have to worry about flyaway hairs sticking to my lips. Expensive at $25, but you get a good amount of product. Also, for those who find glossimers sticky and non-longlasting, I think it's important to know that the formula and texture varies among shades. I find the ones without shimmer (Sirop, Giggle, etc) to have a tackier texture. The ones with slight shimmer (Sarong and Spark, for example) have the creamiest texture. The more shimmery ones (Big Bang, Myriade, etc. from the Galaxy collection) appear more gel-like, but it turn don't last as long. I also find them a bit thinner. I've never had a problem with the gloss gooping/pushing out of the lip as others have mentioned, though.

If you were to ask me this time last year how much I loved Glossimers, I would have told you I couldn't live without them. 1 Year later and I'll never buy another one again. I used to collect these religliously but not anymore. The price is high for a substandard gloss IMHO. The quality isn't that great, the lasting power is very unimpressive for me and the packaging is flawed, it leaks at the top of the tube. I don't mind spending alot for a gloss, if it's worth it. That being said, there are alot of really pretty colors in the collection. I know these glosses are a MUA favorite, but sorry folks, can't agree with you on this :o(

on 11/29/2007 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like this product and the colors are so pretty! But did anyone else have problems with gloss leaking out of the tube when putting the lid back on? I did and it created a big mess. I would definitely buy this product again if they fixed this slight problem.

on 11/8/2007 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

eh, wasnt that empressed. Especially for the price. I feel like NARS lip laquer lasts longer. And you dont get much product on the wand so you have to reapply over and over to get the color you want. Guess it's good for a purse gloss. But for the price... that's sort of pointless.

on 11/2/2007 9:29:00 PM

this is the nicest lip gloss i own. i bought it in glaze and i love it. it's not sticky, smells nice and it has lasting power. pretty expensive for lip gloss but it was an overtime treat..definately worth it!!

on 10/30/2007 2:24:00 PM

I got this in Force (39), an intense, plummy color with brown undertones. It adds definition to the lips instantly and doesn't feel tacky. If it were cheaper, I would get more colors.

I'm a huge fan of Chanel and I love this product. It comes in a sleek packaging with the Chanel logo on the cap. I love carrying around my Chanel lipgloss. I have this in Volage and it makes me look hot whenever I wear it without any other makeup. Haha. It is fairly pigmented and doesn't feel sticky like the ones from MAC. The colors are so pretty. I would buy this again if I run out. They are definitely the best and most expensive lipglosses I've ever used.

on 10/14/2007 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I just love Glossimer lipgloss. The colours are all so beautiful and they go on so well. They have shimmer but are not too sparkley and the texture is not too thin or too thick. I love the packaging and I always feel so glamourous when i use it. The downside is that it is just so pricy! $25 is just too much to spend on a lipgloss.

on 10/12/2007 10:20:00 AM

These are absolutely the nicest lipglosses out there. They aren't sticky, they are smooth and moisturizing, and the color pay-off is quite nice. Plus, you get a fair amount of product..which is good considering the outrageous price ($25USD). I bought Imaginaire for my wedding and just recently bought Magnifique. I can't wait to get more...when I can afford it!!

on 10/10/2007 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

These are hands down some of the best lipglosses I've ever used. Longest lasting, non-sticky, smooth glosses. The price tag is OUTRAGEOUS... $26 for a tube?! But hey, I like it so I'll pay it.

Recommended for Medium Skin