July 26, 2014 | 1872 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Super Stay Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by fawn001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my holy grail froundation. I love it. My skin color is NC10/15. I get the two lightest shades. One has yellow undertones and the other has pink undertones. Both shades are too dark but I mix a little Coastal Scents color corrector in white into it in my hand and that makes it light enough. I use both colors interchangably depending on how red my face is that day. If it is very red, I skip the pink one and use the yellow one. I set it with powder and it lasts all day, even through my aerobics class at night after work. I get compliments on my skin when I wear this.
UPDATE: Since this is so dark, I use ELF Complexion Perfection to set this. The white color corrector mentioned above along with the Complexion Perfection powder makes this light enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by shelbysahara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation. I have oily, acne-prone skin. This hasn't made me break out, like a lot of foundations. It also feels light, yet has AMAZING coverage. Medium-full, to be exact. I have some scars, and this covers them up without concealer. It looks very natural, not too matte, but not dewy/oily.... it has some pretty good matches for olive undertones like myself, which is hard to find in a drugstore foundation. My one complaint is that the bottle doesn't have a pump. Wayyyy too much comes out onto the sponge, it drips down the sides. I hate when makeup goes to waste!!! C'mon, Maybelline, get your packaging right!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Cyn21

I LOVE This Makeup! I have tried many throughout the years and this is the only one I am 100% happy with. You can be working out/ Running and still look good! I have a few dark spots and this makeup covers them and the little redness around my cheeks. ALSO reduces my dark under eye circles. I have been hooked on this product for over 3 years and recommend it to many women and all have thanked me!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Jaliz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the best Maybelline foundations I've used. I've used it in Pure Beige and Natural Tan (I think that's what it was called)

Pros: Long lasting, blendable, can go from medium to heavy coverage, nice range of colours.

Cons: Would prefer a pump bottle for hygiene purposes, Pure Beige was slightly pink, Natural Tan slightly orange.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by tricia_g_c

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE - Loving it, still loving it. My lightbulb went on and I use a qtip to dip into the bottle.

I really like this foundation and it's a big deal for me to use a liquid foundation. I've been using powder foundations for many years starting with MAC Studio Fix, then BareEscentuals and Pur Minerals. I tried the L'Oreal mineral powder foundation and it was so bad but that's another story.
Anyway, I despise that there is no pump, however, I pour a little out on the back on my hand (this is wasteful) and use my hands to apply it with a tapping motion. Then, I use a foundation to swipe over my face with big sweeping motions and it blends really nicely. You have to work quickly or on parts of your face at a time. Usually, by the time I reach home, the foundation has melted off but not with this one. The look is dewy , not matte. And I do have to dab throughout the day despite using a BB cream and Pur Under Control.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by PinkGrapefruit14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am an NC45/NC50 in MAC (somewhere between those shades) and I match perfectly with Caramel in Super Stay.
The foundation is medium to full coverage in my opinion and it's suuuper blendable and unlike Revlon C/S, it is not very difficult to take off at night. Honestly, I can't really think of a con. I guess it could feel a bit lighter on the skin, but if it's med to full coverage, that's a lot to ask for. Maybe one day a company will come up with a super light full coverage foundation. Until then, this works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Daphne001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used Revlon colorstay and i was ok with it, but after being recommended this foundation i will never go back. First off i have really terrible acne, like no joke. This stuff can be layered on with a stippling brush and does not look cakey. Unless my skin is flakey dry but that is my fault. Compared to Revlon Colorstay it goes on much smoother and blends better allowing better layering and therefore better coverage. If you are a fan of Revlon colorstay but you want to find something better, try this! I love it and have been using it for months now.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh boy...this was an EPIC fail on me. I'm not sure why this foundation looks so GD awful on me, but it does. No matter how I apply it, it looks heavy, cakey and too dark. I bought this in the lightest shade they make, and it is STILL too dark.

I've tried using a beauty blender, a stippling brush, the elf powder brush & no how, no way can I make this look like anything but a dirty, dry, mottled, cakey mess on my skin.

My skin + Maybelline Super Stay = MAKEUP KRYTONITE!

Apparently some people get good results from this and are really happy with it but I am not one of them. I'll stick with Estee Lauder Double Wear and my beloved Almay TLC for my long wearing foundation moments.

Did I mention this foundation makes me look like death warmed over? If not, let me say this: I would only wear this again if I wanted to scare small children on Halloween.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by TheBrokenShadowsOfMySoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great foundation! I've tried the revlon colorstay but that one looks so unnatural and cakey no matter how I apply it and none of their shades was yellow toned. and it bothers me so much since I loved the staying power of it. So I saw this foundation and thought I'd give it a try. The only thing I didn't like about it was the shade I picked.
PROS
Super easy to blend and doesn't dry as quick as the colorstay
Natural looking, doesn't cake up as the colorstay
Definitely medium-full coverage!!!
It feels light on the skin
It has no SPF (good if your taking pictures)
Stays put I would say 9 hours before the touch-ups are needed.

CONS
Most of the shades look pink/orange
Has no SPF (bad if you're going out in the sun)
Doesn't come with a pump if you live in the US
Smells weird

Overall, I would repurchase this foundation if I can find my match :)

I'm a NC30/35, and the shade I got was Classic Beige, DON'T BUY THAT ONE IF YOU'RE LIKE MY SKIN TONE
it's pink and dark!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by TalkMakeupToMe

I don't understand people who say this is a MATTE foundation, it's not matte at all... The finish I'd say is satin like but turns dewy like but not too dewy. Which makes this the ultimate heavy coverage foudantion for winter for me. I love using this in the winter (now) because it keeps my skin looking fresh all day long. In summer I am oily everywhere so this isnt a foundation I grab for a long day but in winter i'm just oily on my t-zone.
This is heavy coverage, satin finish, dewy fresh natural skin kinda way and stays put. Love this.