September 20, 2014 | 1906 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Super Stay Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by gangqinjia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I was very disappointed by this foundation! Even the lightest shade was an atrocious oompa-loompa mask on my fair skin. Although it did stay on well through out the day compared to other foundations, I still found it on my boyfriend's shirt every time I hugged him - the sole reason I decided to try this "superstay" foundation. Hopefully in the summer when my skin tans, the foundation won't be so terribly orangey, and this won't be a complete waste of my money. Otherwise, I'm just really put out about this. I'm a Maybelline fan, but this was not a winner.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by rosieposiex

I love this foundation! The only downside is the color selection. For me, anyway. I have it in 'Natural Beige' and it does seem a bit orangey when swatched. However I think most Maybelline foundations look a little pink/orangey until blended into the skin and then they magically look fine? Maybe that's just me. Even though it wasn't exactly orangey when I blended it in, it was still too dark. To help with the color, I mixed some of my Revlon Colorstay (Normal/Dry Skin) in 150 Buff, and I absolutely loveeeee this! I use this combination every day. It keeps my skin looking flawless, with a dewy/glow to it all day long. It lasts me all day, though I'll get a little shiny on my forehead if I don't touch up. But it's nothing outrageous. Alone the Superstay performs well, and lasts a pretty decent amount of time (I'm not too sure about the 24 hour claim). Some say it's a matte finish but in my opinion it's more of a semi-matte natural finish. If I don't set it, it does give me a "glow" but it isn't exactly dewy. Overall I do think the Superstay is fine on its own, I just don't use it that way because of the wrong shade. I also love the combination of Superstay & Colorstay more than using either by themselves! I suggest you give it a try if you haven't.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Bluemoooon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I created my account just to review this product. It's my first day using it and I love it. When looking for a new foundation, I wanted something that didn't end up under my fingernails when I touched my face. Success! It covers pigmentation without being thick or cakey. I used to love Maybelline Wonder Finish liquid to powder. This has a similar feel with better coverage. I hope it stays around!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by fawn001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my holy grail froundation. I love it. My skin color is NC10/15. I get the two lightest shades. One has yellow undertones and the other has pink undertones. Both shades are too dark but I mix a little Coastal Scents color corrector in white into it in my hand and that makes it light enough. I use both colors interchangably depending on how red my face is that day. If it is very red, I skip the pink one and use the yellow one. I set it with powder and it lasts all day, even through my aerobics class at night after work. I get compliments on my skin when I wear this.
UPDATE: Since this is so dark, I use ELF Complexion Perfection to set this. The white color corrector mentioned above along with the Complexion Perfection powder makes this light enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by shelbysahara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation. I have oily, acne-prone skin. This hasn't made me break out, like a lot of foundations. It also feels light, yet has AMAZING coverage. Medium-full, to be exact. I have some scars, and this covers them up without concealer. It looks very natural, not too matte, but not dewy/oily.... it has some pretty good matches for olive undertones like myself, which is hard to find in a drugstore foundation. My one complaint is that the bottle doesn't have a pump. Wayyyy too much comes out onto the sponge, it drips down the sides. I hate when makeup goes to waste!!! C'mon, Maybelline, get your packaging right!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Cyn21

I LOVE This Makeup! I have tried many throughout the years and this is the only one I am 100% happy with. You can be working out/ Running and still look good! I have a few dark spots and this makeup covers them and the little redness around my cheeks. ALSO reduces my dark under eye circles. I have been hooked on this product for over 3 years and recommend it to many women and all have thanked me!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Jaliz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the best Maybelline foundations I've used. I've used it in Pure Beige and Natural Tan (I think that's what it was called)

Pros: Long lasting, blendable, can go from medium to heavy coverage, nice range of colours.

Cons: Would prefer a pump bottle for hygiene purposes, Pure Beige was slightly pink, Natural Tan slightly orange.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by tricia_g_c

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE - Loving it, still loving it. My lightbulb went on and I use a qtip to dip into the bottle.

I really like this foundation and it's a big deal for me to use a liquid foundation. I've been using powder foundations for many years starting with MAC Studio Fix, then BareEscentuals and Pur Minerals. I tried the L'Oreal mineral powder foundation and it was so bad but that's another story.
Anyway, I despise that there is no pump, however, I pour a little out on the back on my hand (this is wasteful) and use my hands to apply it with a tapping motion. Then, I use a foundation to swipe over my face with big sweeping motions and it blends really nicely. You have to work quickly or on parts of your face at a time. Usually, by the time I reach home, the foundation has melted off but not with this one. The look is dewy , not matte. And I do have to dab throughout the day despite using a BB cream and Pur Under Control.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by PinkGrapefruit14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am an NC45/NC50 in MAC (somewhere between those shades) and I match perfectly with Caramel in Super Stay.
The foundation is medium to full coverage in my opinion and it's suuuper blendable and unlike Revlon C/S, it is not very difficult to take off at night. Honestly, I can't really think of a con. I guess it could feel a bit lighter on the skin, but if it's med to full coverage, that's a lot to ask for. Maybe one day a company will come up with a super light full coverage foundation. Until then, this works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Daphne001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used Revlon colorstay and i was ok with it, but after being recommended this foundation i will never go back. First off i have really terrible acne, like no joke. This stuff can be layered on with a stippling brush and does not look cakey. Unless my skin is flakey dry but that is my fault. Compared to Revlon Colorstay it goes on much smoother and blends better allowing better layering and therefore better coverage. If you are a fan of Revlon colorstay but you want to find something better, try this! I love it and have been using it for months now.