Boots Lifting & Firming Foundation SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Boots  Lifting & Firming Foundation SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]
image 1image 2image 3

4.2

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%; Titanium Dioxide 1.6% ; Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water, Eau); Cyclopentasiloxane; Butylene Glycol; Cyclohexasiloxane; Ethythexyl Stearate; Dimethicone; Mica; Phenyl Trimethicone; Disteardimonium Hectorite; Dimethicone Copolyol; Magnesium Sulfate; Glycerin; Phenoxyethanol; Cetyl Polyethylene Glycol/Polypropylene Glycol; 10/1 Dimethicone; Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline; Hexyl Laurate; Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate; Propylene Carbonate; Aluminum Hydroxide; Stearic Acid; Triethoxycaprylylsilane; Methylparaben; Isopropyl Palmitate; Butylparaben; Ethylparaben; Lupinus Albus Seed Extract; Lecithin;Tetrasodium EDTA; Carbomer; Propylparaben; Isobutylparaben; Polysorbate 20; Butylated Hydroxytoluene; Palmitoyl Oligopeptide; Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3; [ /- (May Contain/Peut Contenir) Titanium Dioxide; Iron Oxides]

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Was reluctant to try this at first, but so glad I did.!!! I have tried over 30 foundations over the past 2 years including high end brands at sephora and macys to low end drug store ones. This one is dept store worthy!!! Better than MUFE, Dior, Tarte, Lancome, clinique, estee, bobbi brown bc its as good if not better and 1/3 of the price!!!!!!!!!!!

this glides on like a dream, looks natural but gives a lot of great coverage! I like it!!! its in between a dewy and satin finish. Love this!

Did not break me out and I'm acne prone and get clogged pores easily. This one is non pore blocking!!!!! This is a huge surprise! Try it and you wont regret it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok, I just bought this lastnight and have it on this morning so this is a very preliminary review but just wanted to give my first thoughts and will update later.
Color = perfect! Porcelain Ivory melted right into my skin...like it was personalized for me. This has never happened with any other foundation before. (so finding your right shade may be tricky for some)
Feel = like nothing. Feels great on skin...like I have nothing on.
Application = beautiful...easy and smooth.
Coverage = I'd say light to medium but buildable which is what I want in a foundation.
Look = I'd say slightly matte maybe but not too drying or anything. Threre's defininltey no sparkle.
Stay = this is where I'll have to update as it's only 8:09am
Breakouts = will update this as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I got mine on eBay in 005 Porcelain and it's just gorgeous! Wearing it now actually :)

Why? It's got good coverage though it isn't at all heavy, it's relatively sheer in that it looks like my own skin only better, it hasn't made me break out (unlike MUFE's HD foundation, which was far pricier!) and though it does go a little shiny by the end of the day, it's nothing a little powder can't remedy! Definitely a Holy Grail product, even though it's meant for older ladies (Being an Lifting and Firming product, it's not too heavy :D)

from my firend,we'r like it,so far ,coverage great foundation in my opion

Two words: NO BREAKOUTS!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Boots Lifting & Firming Foundation, where have you been all my life? I have spent countless $$$ and wasted time and dashed hopes and tears shed looking for the foundation that wouldn't break out my poor poor skin -- and I found it, at Target, no less.

APPLICATION: I use my fingers to apply this. I'm always paranoid that my brush isn't clean, and brushes always seem to irritate my skin anyway.

COVERAGE AND FINISH: I would say that this gives a medium-ish coverage. It certainly doesn't cover all my blemishes and scars, but I prefer it that way. It doesn't make me look like I've got a mask on my face, and I've learned that full coverage heavy foundations make me breakout anyway. It makes my skin look really dewy and soft. For those who don't like that, setting powder can easily fix it. I actually use a shade darker than my skin tone, which doesn't make me look like I'm wearing foundation but somehow covers better than one that matches my skin. For those interested, I've been experimenting with layering Lucy Minerals, which supposedly is good for your skin with tons of antioxidants, on top of this for extra coverage. So far, no breakouts.

I can't comment on its lifting and firming abilities, since I haven't got much to lift or firm, and anyway, I didn't buy this for lifting or firming. I just wanted something that wouldn't make me break out, and this definitely delivered.

PRICE: I found this at Target and believe I paid ~$15 for it.

PACKAGING: As others have commented, the packaging is super super luxurious. 5 lippies for that. And a pump! HOORAY!! :D

BOTTOM LINE: I've been struggling with the foundation, breakout, more foundation, more breakout, different foundation, more breakout, cycle for years and years. (I'm sure some of you can relate to what I'm talking about) I've been wearing this foundation daily for about a month, and I swear this is the ONLY foundation -- and I've tried SO many, Revlon Colorstay, Bare Minerals, Estee Lauder Maximum Cover, Clinique Acne Solutions, Clinique Superfit, Everyday Minerals, Revlon Photoready, to name a few. This, in conjunction with glycolic acid in the PM, is finally clearing up my skin. PLEASE DON'T EVER DISCONTINUE IT!!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This gives a *really* beautiful finish. I feel like it doesn't look or feel too heavy and so far it seems to do well at keeping my skin looking fresh (admittedly I do have industrial strength primer and use Kryolan anti-shine powder, which is a miracle worker, but some foundations still won't hold up for me).

I haven't used this long enough to comment on it a ton, and may end up revising my review if it causes breakouts, but I did want to make a note on the color. At my Target, the lightest shade was "New Ivory". I tested this and it seemed too dark, and I spent a couple of days trying to figure out what is the lightest shade sold in the US (apparently in the UK there's a lighter shade, called Alabaster, that would probably be my #1 choice if I could get my hands on it). The Boots website, the Target website, the Drugstore.com website --- every place I looked, the shades were obviously out of order and I couldn't tell which was the very lightest shade, New Ivory or Porcelain. I emailed Boots, no response (yet, and it has been almost a week). I called Boots, they told me to go to Target and ask a specially trained Boots' rep. RIGHT. Because the people who work at Target don't have like a billion things to do and probably spend all their time thinking about foundation shades that they don't even carry in the store. When I told the lady this, she said she'd take my info and have someone call me back...well, that was 5 days ago, no call back.

So! After one of the most supremely unhelpful CS experiences ever, I bought the Porcelain off Ebay because it was even cheaper than buying it at the Targ. I figured, hey, I really want to try this, it's worth $9 to me to try it. Well, I got it and lo and behold, the Porcelain IS lighter than the New Ivory. In fact, just to make sure I wasn't dreaming, I swatched the Porcelain at home and then went to the Targ and swatched the New Ivory, and Porcelain is *quite* a bit lighter. It's still not QUITE as light as my actual skin, but the difference between the two shades is pretty dramatic and the New Ivory is quite a bit more yellow. Sorry if that's a lot of story for nothing, but I thought if there are any other PPPs who want to try this because of the good reviews but didn't know which shade to try, this might help. If my husband gets stationed in Europe though, I am *stocking up* on the Alabaster!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am fairly new to using liquid foundation I actually use to only use BE but as I am getting older I am looking for something that is medium to full coverage, I came across Boots by reading reviews on Target.com and decided I would purchase it and see what happened not expecting to be to disappointed if it didn't work because it didn't cost as much money as say MAC or NARS. I can honestly say I am pleasantly surprised the swatches on line were a little scary considering there wasn't much to choose from however I pulled out my Studio Gear makeup that matches me perfectly and compared the two and ended up with Almond I absolutely love it and will not be going back to anything else.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

For someone who doesn't wear foundation, I like this one for occassional and spot use.

It's hypo-allergenic, spf 15, has lots of antioxidants, and comes in a pump!

I don't think it minimizes wrinkles as it says, but I didn't wear a primer under it since it has soooo many cones in it anyway.

Requires oil or MU remover. Haven't worn it on acne-prone areas, so I don't know if it will irritate.

Sorry, don't know enough about colors to comment (I've never had mine done, and just buy what seems to match).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

So far, I'm really liking this. I can't speak to the staying power or long term wearability, but the coverage is really nice. It is buildable, but would seem to depend on how you apply it, or with which tool. I have only used my fingers so far, but if I try some brushes - I'll edit my review to include that application.
The coverage of this foundation does an excellent job of evening skin tone and makes a nice palette for me to work with, but doesn't feel or look like a mask.

In terms of color - there isn't a large selection of shades. I am NC20-25 in MAC, and 015 Nude was a perfect match. I thought that New Ivory was going to be my shade, but it really turned a but greyish on me.

My skin feels nice, and moisturized. I think that this would work really well for people with normal to dry skin.

I purchased this at Target for $14.99. I've been trying to find a nice sheer-medium coverage foundation. I had been using ELDW and ELDW Light was really weird and gel-like on my face, so I had to look for something new.

I tried NARS Sheer Glow and just thought that it was like a tinted moisturizer - and for $42, that doesn't make sense to me. I also tried DiorSkin Nude and really liked it. But looking online and reading reviews I started seeing YT vids saying that this was a good dupe for DiorSkin Nude so I thought I would give it a try. So far, I do think it is a good dupe for it - but at a fraction of the price.

OK -EDITI found that it doesn't stay on nearly as well as my usual - ELDW foundation. I'm using the same prep regimen, and same setting powder and my nose is slick in a little bit :(

OH.... MY.... GOD. i use chanel lift lumiere foundation. i have used revlon colorstay, chanel vitalumiere and pro lumiere and nars sheer glow. i want great coverage liquid foundation that doesn't look heavy or feel heavy. i was spending almost $150 on foundation because i was having to combine .5(faience) and 2.0(clair) to match me. the lift lumiere bottles are impossible to judge the amount left and wanted a back up foundation if one day i went to pump it and there was no more.i came here and looked at all liquid foundations and sorted the reviews by rating and this foundation rated highest for foundations that had been rated by at least 15 people. i love love the boots radiant glow concealer pen and i've been using the cleanser and toner, so i figured i'd try it. first, it has a pump(yay!) and the top screws off(more on that later). i pumped the amount i pump of my chanel foundation and noticed it is twice as thick. the coverage is amazing, i used less than half of what i used with chanel, its creamy and didn't feel mask like at all. it covered little spots of hyperpigmentation, covered rosy cheeks- gave me a blank slate of even skin. LOVE THIS! so cheap to try.
for reference, in mac im nw15, revlon colorstay buff, chanel faience/clair.i bought new ivory in this and it's perfect.