April 24, 2014 | 1772 users online

Liquid - Boots - Lifting & Firming Foundation SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Edit: I found one that matches me pretty well, and I love this! It's my favorite liquid foundation I've found, drugstore or department store. And I've tried plenty. The coverage is full but not masky, the consistency is nice, and it lasts. Love it! (FYI I'm NC30 and my match in this is 35-almond).

The consistency/coverage of this product seems like it is very nice, though it's kind of hard to tell, as the product (I got the "blonde" shade) does not match my skin tone. There are not a wide variety of shades available, which is unfortunate. If you are lucky enough to find one that matches your skin, this is probably a good drugstore foundation. The bottle is also cute, if you are a sucker for adorable packaging (like I am). I'd buy again, hoping I can find it in my shade. Also, it doesn't really compare to my HG foundation MUFE face and body, but it's a good cheaper alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by snickersaw943

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!!

Lasts all day, perfect satin finish, medium to full finish, and best applied with a stippling brush :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by ginabinawina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Holy Cow!

I've been wearing this foundation for well over a week and onto two, and I just can't get enough of it! This is seriously department store foundation almost at a drugstore price; especially since I've seen it on sale on Target for cheaper than the "new" revlon and covergirl foundations.

ON the makeup "about" website, this is considered a dupe to the Chanel Lift Lumiere. Now, I can't personally attest to this, but I can attest to it being similar to My Chanel Vitalumiere, but with slightly more coverage (while still being lightweight) and slightly less dewy. It's more on the dewy end of a satin.

With primer and powder, this wears just as long on me as estee lauder's double wear. It wears incredibly well!

Also, I do believe this foundation is Water based, NOT oil based, so shouldn't be pore clogging. I've definitely not had any break outs from this foundation, but that's just me.

This foundation is amazing for smoothing out your face as well as hiding unevenness, yet allowing your skin to slightly peer through, and I assure you, it's in a good way.

My favorite application is using the Sephora #45 brush which is meant for mineral powder, but just as amazing as a liquid foundation brush. Then I take a wet sponge wedge and lightly bounce it off my face where any extra sheering and blending is needed.
    I then set with Palladio Rice Powder which is also amazing and cheap. Higher end favorite is either my Laura Mercier or Bare Minerals Hydrating Veil Powders.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by PurpleModel

Was reluctant to try this at first, but so glad I did.!!! I have tried over 30 foundations over the past 2 years including high end brands at sephora and macys to low end drug store ones. This one is dept store worthy!!! Better than MUFE, Dior, Tarte, Lancome, clinique, estee, bobbi brown bc its as good if not better and 1/3 of the price!!!!!!!!!!!

this glides on like a dream, looks natural but gives a lot of great coverage! I like it!!! its in between a dewy and satin finish. Love this!

Did not break me out and I'm acne prone and get clogged pores easily. This one is non pore blocking!!!!! This is a huge surprise! Try it and you wont regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by kanka999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, I just bought this lastnight and have it on this morning so this is a very preliminary review but just wanted to give my first thoughts and will update later.
    Color = perfect! Porcelain Ivory melted right into my skin...like it was personalized for me. This has never happened with any other foundation before. (so finding your right shade may be tricky for some)
    Feel = like nothing. Feels great on skin...like I have nothing on.
    Application = beautiful...easy and smooth.
    Coverage = I'd say light to medium but buildable which is what I want in a foundation.
    Look = I'd say slightly matte maybe but not too drying or anything. Threre's defininltey no sparkle.
    Stay = this is where I'll have to update as it's only 8:09am
    Breakouts = will update this as well.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by MiamiMortimer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I got mine on eBay in 005 Porcelain and it's just gorgeous! Wearing it now actually :)

Why? It's got good coverage though it isn't at all heavy, it's relatively sheer in that it looks like my own skin only better, it hasn't made me break out (unlike MUFE's HD foundation, which was far pricier!) and though it does go a little shiny by the end of the day, it's nothing a little powder can't remedy! Definitely a Holy Grail product, even though it's meant for older ladies (Being an Lifting and Firming product, it's not too heavy :D)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by feiyaya

from my firend,we'r like it,so far ,coverage great foundation in my opion

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by jaychou101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Two words: NO BREAKOUTS!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Boots Lifting & Firming Foundation, where have you been all my life? I have spent countless $$$ and wasted time and dashed hopes and tears shed looking for the foundation that wouldn't break out my poor poor skin -- and I found it, at Target, no less.

APPLICATION: I use my fingers to apply this. I'm always paranoid that my brush isn't clean, and brushes always seem to irritate my skin anyway.

COVERAGE AND FINISH: I would say that this gives a medium-ish coverage. It certainly doesn't cover all my blemishes and scars, but I prefer it that way. It doesn't make me look like I've got a mask on my face, and I've learned that full coverage heavy foundations make me breakout anyway. It makes my skin look really dewy and soft. For those who don't like that, setting powder can easily fix it. I actually use a shade darker than my skin tone, which doesn't make me look like I'm wearing foundation but somehow covers better than one that matches my skin. For those interested, I've been experimenting with layering Lucy Minerals, which supposedly is good for your skin with tons of antioxidants, on top of this for extra coverage. So far, no breakouts.

I can't comment on its lifting and firming abilities, since I haven't got much to lift or firm, and anyway, I didn't buy this for lifting or firming. I just wanted something that wouldn't make me break out, and this definitely delivered.

PRICE: I found this at Target and believe I paid ~$15 for it.

PACKAGING: As others have commented, the packaging is super super luxurious. 5 lippies for that. And a pump! HOORAY!! :D

BOTTOM LINE: I've been struggling with the foundation, breakout, more foundation, more breakout, different foundation, more breakout, cycle for years and years. (I'm sure some of you can relate to what I'm talking about) I've been wearing this foundation daily for about a month, and I swear this is the ONLY foundation -- and I've tried SO many, Revlon Colorstay, Bare Minerals, Estee Lauder Maximum Cover, Clinique Acne Solutions, Clinique Superfit, Everyday Minerals, Revlon Photoready, to name a few. This, in conjunction with glycolic acid in the PM, is finally clearing up my skin. PLEASE DON'T EVER DISCONTINUE IT!!!!

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Ihavequestions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This gives a *really* beautiful finish. I feel like it doesn't look or feel too heavy and so far it seems to do well at keeping my skin looking fresh (admittedly I do have industrial strength primer and use Kryolan anti-shine powder, which is a miracle worker, but some foundations still won't hold up for me).

I haven't used this long enough to comment on it a ton, and may end up revising my review if it causes breakouts, but I did want to make a note on the color. At my Target, the lightest shade was "New Ivory". I tested this and it seemed too dark, and I spent a couple of days trying to figure out what is the lightest shade sold in the US (apparently in the UK there's a lighter shade, called Alabaster, that would probably be my #1 choice if I could get my hands on it). The Boots website, the Target website, the Drugstore.com website --- every place I looked, the shades were obviously out of order and I couldn't tell which was the very lightest shade, New Ivory or Porcelain. I emailed Boots, no response (yet, and it has been almost a week). I called Boots, they told me to go to Target and ask a specially trained Boots' rep. RIGHT. Because the people who work at Target don't have like a billion things to do and probably spend all their time thinking about foundation shades that they don't even carry in the store. When I told the lady this, she said she'd take my info and have someone call me back...well, that was 5 days ago, no call back.

So! After one of the most supremely unhelpful CS experiences ever, I bought the Porcelain off Ebay because it was even cheaper than buying it at the Targ. I figured, hey, I really want to try this, it's worth $9 to me to try it. Well, I got it and lo and behold, the Porcelain IS lighter than the New Ivory. In fact, just to make sure I wasn't dreaming, I swatched the Porcelain at home and then went to the Targ and swatched the New Ivory, and Porcelain is *quite* a bit lighter. It's still not QUITE as light as my actual skin, but the difference between the two shades is pretty dramatic and the New Ivory is quite a bit more yellow. Sorry if that's a lot of story for nothing, but I thought if there are any other PPPs who want to try this because of the good reviews but didn't know which shade to try, this might help. If my husband gets stationed in Europe though, I am *stocking up* on the Alabaster!

23 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Nadiap03

I am fairly new to using liquid foundation I actually use to only use BE but as I am getting older I am looking for something that is medium to full coverage, I came across Boots by reading reviews on Target.com and decided I would purchase it and see what happened not expecting to be to disappointed if it didn't work because it didn't cost as much money as say MAC or NARS. I can honestly say I am pleasantly surprised the swatches on line were a little scary considering there wasn't much to choose from however I pulled out my Studio Gear makeup that matches me perfectly and compared the two and ended up with Almond I absolutely love it and will not be going back to anything else.