November 23, 2014 | 925 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by l2kiss

This mascara holds my curls, does not clump, does not flake, does not melt in extreme temperatures and it really does give quite a bit of volume! It's the best drug store waterproof mascara I've used so far and yes I have tried quite a few haha. I would definitely purchase it again :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by 2unknownhaven

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Makes eyelashes look A LOT fuller
Gives length too
Doesn't smudge
Dramatic black

Cons:
It's hell to take off
not organic

More: I would give it a 4/5 if it could separate lashes a bit more (not that it's bad at separating them, just not as much as I'd like)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by missdenise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara last month, and I really love it. My eyelashes are long already, but with this mascara it does give them the volume. I might buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by jjhoang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it! It holds my curl. Waterproof. Lengthens my lashes.
What more could you ask for from a drugstore mascara?

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by thebreffect

I was blessed with long eye lashes but like my eyebrows they are very blonde/: I love the Volum' Express Colossal mascara (in Glam Black) because I get a VERY black, false lash look. I once tried to switch to Maybelline's Falsies mascara but that was less than lack luster): so I swithced back. You do have to let the mascara dry out a bit before using because the formula is very runny when new.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by animalgal808

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the longness it gives my lashes..however, the cons are much greater. i find that when i put this on my eye lashes invert..i don't know if its some crazy reaction but my eye lashes actually go inside my eye O.0 it's really strange. Also this mascara smells like gas for a car! It is so strong and just stinks up the whole room when i am putting it on. on the bright side i LOVE the brush, i washed the brush clean and am using it with cover girl lash blast and i'm loving the lashblast with the colosal brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by uponbluemoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Poker-straight eye lashes are the bane of my existence, but Maybelline Colossal Waterproof holds the curls ALL DAY! I curl my lashes with Shiseido curler, followed by 1 coat of Colossal Waterproof, then another mascara and VOILA!

Before I discovered drugstore mascaras, I was shelling out quite a bit for Dior. After Maybelline Colossal, consider me converted. I've even introduced my mom to this and she LOVES it!. I'll never spend over $20+ for mascara ever again!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by CHAN3LLLL

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So I bought this mascara as a replacement for Diorshow, as it is $20.. I've heard good things about Colossal and what the heck, since its so cheap I thought I'd try it. Overall I'm not diggin this stuff. It stinks, is messy, makes my lashes HARD & clumpy, and takes forever to remove! Its defiantly not what its made up to be.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by LindaYAY

Edit: As the formula gets drier with use, the mascara flakes a lot more. As someone who wears contacts and cannot run the risk of irritating my eyes with flakes, I find this to be disappointing. Also, you get "crunchy" lashes.

This is one of the best mascaras I've tried for the price ($5, Target). I have long lashes, so I bought this for the volume. The wand is very bulky, and if you're not careful, you might make a mess of your upper eyelids. One coat is all I need for a little volume to perk up my eyes. It can hold a curl pretty well, but by the end of the day there was a little smudging. Also, with time, the wand bristles (not rubberized) can get clogged up, which causes clumping and flaking, so you'll have to wipe it on the tube when you use it. Overall, not too bad. Application is kind of a pain but I love the effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by xyoru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

Amazing. I love mascaras, as my eyelashes are somewhat straight, I look for something that provides volume and holds a curl. I also really like the natural look, on most days I just apply concealer and mascara and just walk out the door.
I LOVE the brush, when I first opened it there was little mascara residue on the tip of the wand, and it looked like there was barely any product on the wand itself!! But it evenly coated my lashes, didn't add a lot of volume (a bit), but I saw more length from this than volume, which I don't mind. It holds my curl really well, and when used on my bottom lashes there is no flakiness or smudging that occurs!
As with most maybelline mascaras, the formula is more 'wet' when you first open it. I'm not one to coat my mascaras but when I do, it is rather hard with this one to layer coat after coat, it dries quickly and gives my lashes the "hard"/"crunchy" feeling. But as I said before, I do prefer the natural look, which is why I rarely layer.
Overall I love this mascara! I don't often repurchase the same drugstore mascara (because there's SO many to try! :D), but this one will definitely be repurchased in the future