Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

3.7

Isododecane, cera microcristallina/microcrystalline wax, cera alba/beeswax, c8-9 isoparaffin, disteardimonium hectorite, cera carnauba/carnauba wax, aqua/water, propylene carbonate, allyl stearate/va copolymer, lecithin, silica, sodium polymethacrylate, hydrogenated jojoba oil, phenoxyethonal, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, ethylenediamine/stearyl dimer dilinoleate copolymer, ethylparaben, polyvinyl laurate, polyquaternium-10, souluble collagen, pathenol, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, butylparaben, oryza sativa starch/rice starch. [ /- may contain: ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491/iron oxides. ci 77007/ultramarines, ci77891/titanium dioxide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/ maganese violet, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, mica] F.I.L. d34889/1 U.S. patents: 5,462, 798; 6,099,183; 6,222,735; 6,296,411; 6,305,862; 6,309,123; 6,325,562; 6,331,086; 6,345,923

***I have short, sparse, hard to curl Asian lashes.***

At first this was love. My lashes were beautifully curled, black and long... but this smudged even with UDPP. I prefer this to Maybelline Falsies waterproof because it's a drier formula which means less random globs of mascara on my lashes.

Waterproof mascara is all I wear so I considered this to be an easy removal. I use baby oil and massage it in. Takes less than 2 minutes to get it all off. I use a q-tip to get the bits at the lash roots.

Cheap price, easy removal. Brush was annoyingly big but I could have dealt with it! The formula was nice and dry. I got good separation and length. I don't care about volume.

...But it smudged! So I guess this is good-bye.

PS To be fair, only loreal beauty tubes has stayed on me. I get smudges from all other mascaras

on 4/2/2012 5:05:00 PM

I like this mascara, since it is waterproof, makes my lashes dark, separates, doesn't clump, and gives good length & volume. It can be difficult to remove, but I just use Neutrogena or Clinique eye-makeup remover with no problems. I will not repurchase, however, because I find that my upper lashes smudge on my brow bone. I have fairly long lashes, but I don't have this problem with most other waterproof mascaras or even decent non-waterproof ones! I like this mascara, but the smudging problem prevents me from loving it. I'll finish this tube up, but I won't repurchase.

on 4/1/2012 5:29:00 PM

If you want waterproof, waterproof you WILL get! It's definitely a job trying to get this bad boy off your lashes, but I guess that's where finding a good make-up remover will come in handy. I use the regular Volum' Express The Colossal mascara on a day-to-day basis, which does the perfect amount of lengthening and volumizing. I also like to add a small amount of the waterproof over that just to prevent flaking and such throughout a long day. With this, it's in your control whether you want dramatic or subtle lashes - both are easily achievable with this! If you're in the market for a cheap and AMAZING waterproof mascara, look no further!

on 3/26/2012 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Good drugstore mascara. Definitely is the best for separating lashes (looks great and natural up close!) unless you put too much on- then it's a mess and gets very sticky and clumpy on your lashes. Wish it did more to make lashes seem a bit thicker though.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Love the packaging, the bright yellow is why I initially bought it. The mascara does what it advertises, it really kicks up the curve to my lashes. Love it!

on 3/20/2012 9:25:00 AM

I give Mabelline Volume Express high marks for it's lengthening properties; however, since it's waterproof it's difficult to remove !. . .I prefer the non-waterproof version.

on 3/17/2012 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This mascara was okay for me. I have really short Asian lashes. It didn't give me much length, but definately a lot of volume. Depending on how old it is and how you apply it, it will clump.

on 3/16/2012 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros:
- Long lasting.
- Separates lashes better than any mascara I've ever tried!
- Coats evenly in one coat.
- Doesn't flake.
- Very black.
- Waterproof (thank god!)
- Won't make your lashes feel crunchy (but sometimes slightly tacky if you use too much.)

Cons:
- Hard to remove (waterproof.)
- Will sometimes clump depending on how old it is and if you apply too much.

So I usually hate mascara because I have really long but sparse lashes and all the mascara I've used before gave me more length but never fullness. This mascara is the first mascara I've really loved because it easily triples the amount of lashes I can see. The wand on this is unlike any other I've used before, it's very full and bristly and really grabs and separates every lash. It works even better if I curl my lashes before application rather than the other way around (which is what I used to do with other mascaras to unstick my lashes from one another.) The only downside is that it really is hard to take off unless you want to put soap on your eyes, but I find that too drying so I usually just deal with the raccoon eyes that it gives me when I sleep.

on 3/11/2012 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This mascara is very black and doesn't clump that much, which is good. However, I generally didn't like it and wouldn't buy it again because it's just too liquid and takes ages to dry. I wanted an everyday mascara, but it takes me quite a long time to make this mascara look good (waiting for it to dry, removing the excess that went on the lid). Also, if you do wear eyeshadow, Volum' express can definitely ruin it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my #1 mascara, it makes my eyelashes bold and long. It doesn't hold up my curl too much but defiantly outlines my lashes. The brush is easy to work with and I've never had trouble with clumping or flaking.

Popular Mascaras