Latisse Lash Growth Drops

4.4

The active ingredient in LATISSE is bimatoprost 0.03%.
Approved Use: LATISSEģ is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough lashes) to grow eyelashes longer, fuller, darker.

on 1/28/2011 8:13:00 AM

I am on my third bottle of Latisse. I have naturally short and straight lashes. My bottom lashes are three little hairs by themselves. After about a month of using Latisse I began noticing a difference. My lashes grew a great deal for me, (I guess it's not in my DNA to have huge lashes), and I am happy enough. Anything is better than what I had before. Now, my eyes look sexy and all I need is an eyelash curler and no mascara. I will also stick with the Latisse, even though the generic is cheaper, but it is hard to come by without a prescription. Plus, I have a great doctor that offers a two for one one deal every three months, so I make sure I take advantage of that. And oh yeah, I have a little bit of darkness, but it just looks like smudged mascara, but it is minor. Overall, it makes me feel prettier!

on 1/15/2011 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I purchased Latisse from the MediSpa that I have my Botox done at. It was $130.00 for one bottle, which is a one month supply.
I began to notice results after approximately two weeks of nightly use. I used the single-use disposable brushes that are included.
After one month my eyelashes were noticably longer, after two months of use I began to get compliments and comments on how long my lashes were.
At three months I switched to Careprost and have received similar results, at a cost of $10.00 per month. Careprost does not include single-use applicators, and I now use an eyeliner brush.
I would not purchase Latisse again since Careprost is available.

on 1/13/2011 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Latisse DOES NOT work for everyone... despite of what your dermatolgist may say in order to sell you this $150/month product.

I used it, as directed, with the applicators that came with it, every night, for three weeks straight..and I noticed that my eyelashes were getting very weak.. they were not exactly falling out but the roots were getting weaker in that they would point downwards and would be very easy to pull out (just touch and they would fall out). Needless to say, this thined out my lashline. It was especially bad on my right eye - in one spot in the middle they are almost gone (new ones are growing in but they are stubby of course).

At first I though this was just their natural eyelash 'shedding and growth' cycle so I kept on using Latissee.. My eyes got very irritated and I just wanted to rub them constantly, and I had to definitely stop with Latisse.

The eye irritation went away after a few days, however the thinned out, stubby eyelashes remain until they re-grow I hope.

I don't want to bash the product simply because it did not work for me (most likely I was allergic to something in it), however just be aware of this scenario as well.

on 1/8/2011 2:11:00 AM

I wrote before when trying out Lilash and Revitalash. I was using on one one eye and the other on the other. I came to the conclusion that Lilash was better because the eye I used it on had notably longer lashes. Well, after months of not using either so I could try Latisse, I found that the same eyelid that underperformed before has underperformed when using Latisse on both eyes. Both eyes are definitely improved, but the same one as before has noticable longer lashes. So much for scientific experimentation with a sample size of 1! Well, I tried. Now I've switched to Careprost from overseas because of the expense. We'll see...

By using a daintier eyeliner brush, I was able to extend the bottle of Latisse nearly 3 months instead of 1. The brushes that come with it waste a lot. I understand that it's more sanitary to use a different brush for each applcation to each eye, but the brushes were WAY to big and hard to direct. Expensive drops rolled off of them or, if absorbed by the brush, did not get back out. I was using extra just to get the big brushes wet enough. I tried trimming them for a while before I gave up and started using a regular washable eyeliner brush.

I can't see spending the money that Latisse (or even Lilash) costs if Careprost will work as well. Given that Careprost is the generic form of Latisse, I have high hopes.

I spent $10 per 3ml bottle of Careprost plus $15 shipping. So, that's $45 for 3 bottles (9 mos?) of the generic instead of $120 for maybe 3 mos of Latisse.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

*Sigh*...First and foremost, Latisse does work. My lashes are average length, thickness, and a soft black color. I got my prescription from my dermatologist, and I applied it once a day only to the upper lash line. I did not use the applicators, rather I put one drop in the cap and used a clean ultra-thin eyeliner brush to line both eyes (which makes one bottle last at least 2+months), as close to the root of the lash as possible. I did have a little irritation and redness of the eyeball, but it went away within the first 2 weeks. After a full solid 2 months of use, my lashes were long enough to hit my brows, the base hairs were thicker, and the hair color was deepening to a richer black...unfortunately, that was not the only thing that was darkening.

My eyelids also darkened...from my lashline to just under my browbone, the skin deepened in color, a brownish tinge (I'm NC35). Also, where I've been applying the Latisse, right at the root of the hairs, a line of purplish-red developed. I was aware that this could happen, I just didn't know to what extent. My goal of using this product was so that I didn't have to wear mascara...and I didn't have to, but in exchange I had to put on eye shadow and liner (which I do not wear on a daily basis) to camouflage the pigmentation. So I guess one effect cancelled out the other.

Needless to say, I have stopped using this product for 2 weeks now, and all ready my eyelids have almost returned to its pre-Latisse color (thank god!). My lashes are slowly going back to its original state as well. I will not bash this product...the side effects are clearly stated. For those people who don't experience them, I do envy you. And for those who can tolerate the side effects, I envy you too. But for me the risks out weigh the benefits.

on 12/25/2010 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I ended up being one of the unlucky people who got a bad result using Latisse. My eyelashes fell out and I'm having trouble growing them back. My eyelashes were long to begin with so what was I thinking! My bottom lashes are still long and lush. My upper lashes fell out so bad I almost had to wear false eyelashes. They're growing back so hopefully that will continue. I'm using mineral mascara now, trying to limit the chemicals I apply to my lashes. Would never use Latisse again! Good luck using this, I hope you don't have the same problem I did.

on 12/24/2010 10:27:00 PM

I've been using this product on and off mainly to grow my bottom lashes. I do notice an increase in length and fullness and know that if I used this faithfully my lashes would be even longer but I'm so lazy. I'm not sure how much this costs since I get it free from my bf's practice and being my lashes were long enough to begin with I don't think I would ever buy this on my own. Overall this is a good product, I haven't experienced any irritation with this. The only thing I'm not too fond of is the brushes that comes with it.

on 12/7/2010 11:08:00 AM

Being Chinese, I have naturally short and sparse lashes. Always on the lookout for long luscious lashes, I succumbed to eyelash extensions which I kept for over a year. This caused further deterioration of my lashes. I then had to fall back on false lashes as my eyelashes were too short and had no or little growth spots in different areas. I tried latisse and in as short as a week, I noticed some growth in my eyelashes. I continued applying it faithfully twice a day. I applied on the roots of my top and bottom lashes. My eye lashes grew as the days went by and it grew to a point whereby my friends and colleagues thought I had falsies on. I was elated, however, do note that the lashes do not all grow at the same rate, hence they were pretty uneven. The lashes on my right eye also grew longer than my left, however I solved this problem by stopping the application on my right eye for a few days while continuing on my left on a daily basis. I switched to the generic brand after I've finished one bottle of latisse which lasted me two months. The generic brand works just as well. I have also recently discovered that the tips of my lashes looked a bit 'frizzy'. I've since then concurrently used a lash conditioner (l'oreal renewal lash serum) on the body of the lashes. It's been 3 months since and my eyelashes are ridiculously long. I am now maintaining the length and am using it once every 3 days, however, I still use the lash conditioner on a daily basis as I believe that it makes my lashes smooth and supple.

on 11/24/2010 4:42:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

It works you just have to be patient with the solution. It's expensive but worth every dollar. My lashes where looking at its best while I was using the product. I did notice new lash growth and also thicker darker lashes. I didnít get any dark spots or dark skin around my eye lids.
I ran out and stopped using the product #1 I couldn't afford to purchase it again...#2 or find the time to go visit my dermatologist.

I will definitely explore other products before purchasing Latisse again. I want to see if there is another product that will give me good results for half the price.

I just recently bought L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara and also Lash Serum.
I donít expect my lashes to be dramatically longer but at least thicker.

on 11/16/2010 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I felt it is time to write this review now that i have noticed the results... i started this on september 5, 2010. although i was not very good in keeping the everyday application, i have found that every morning helps... now what i do is this: application is in the morning (i stopped applying at night because it started to give me those dark tinted rimmed eyelids... it looks like purple bruising around my eyes... and i recommend not to line the lower lashes because of this! it caused redness and puffiness on my already apparent eye-bags. as soon as you stop applying the solution, it goes away..) i keep the tip of the bottle sterile, drop in the cap.. invest in a really good eyeliner brush (i use sonia kashuk's bent brush or even a loew cornell fine lined art brush in size 00). i dip, apply right on the lashes instead of on the skin where it meets the lashes, then i brush on my brows.. i clean both cap and brush by washing it with soap and drying it with paper towels.
Now,i have had some side effects...along the process it causes dryness to eyes and sometimes your eyes become blood shot... invest in some lubricating drops...i purchased Rohto eye drops which i use in the morning if the redness does not subside (i work in a hospital and patients usually get some kind of lubricating drops in eyes before instilling their Lumigan = Latisse). as for the dark pigment of the eye rim, every morning help curbed this problem... when i slept, some of the eyelashes will grow in different places because i guess the gravity flow of the latisse would go in certain directions (like the inner eye corner), which also explains why i have purple eyelids too! Now i had to learn how to use an eyeliner to hide them! After two months, my right eye has more "lush" eye lashes that are noticeable than the left... i tried to increase application but i dont recommend this! i ended up losing a few nice long ones. otherwise, i am happy with the results... I have used only one bottle in the process and just opened another one after reaching almost two months (each bottle contains 3 ml/cc... which means 15 drops per cc, a drop a day makes it last 45 days.. which is why I use the eyeliner method instead of the brushes they come with).
************UPDATE*********** 12/2/10
So i have realized that my lashes are starting to curl more... have not experienced much fall out... actually none at all.. since my last review, i have continued to use castor oil/ sweet almond oil on my lashes after i put the Latisse/Lumigan. since i have started that, the ends of the outer lashes started to curl more! i literally do not need any lash curler (which always accidentally rips my lashes out sometimes!)..so i will continue this regimen.... i think it also helped lessen the fall out.
*************UPDATE**********05/10/11
I have using these drops for quite some time.... i have found that when i went to philippines, they sell lumigan (by allergan) instead of latisse or careprost and approximately costs 25-27$.... pretty expensive compared to careprost(10-11$ with shipping of 25$) in ADC but cheaper than in US... well i have tried the careprost (one bottle) and now using lumigan. i have stopped applying everyday after the 7th or 8th month and i am now applying it every two to three days just for maintenance. I also lessened the castor oil since it gets on my contacts and its hard to rub out! Although the lashes are still long, they are not as "WOW" as before... have not experienced any fall out although of course some lashes (one to two) will fall when cleansing the face or after showering... still with redness around the the upper and lower lash lines which require me to use concealer all the time... i have invested in a good eye cream since the eye area has become more dry.
*****UPDATE 3/5/2012*******
it is almost two years and lashes are in a plateau and eyelid area is also more prone to creasing and adding more wrinkling since i always use eyeliners and eyeshadows to cover the redness caused by the medication. The only way to hide the redness is really to decrease the use. so tried applying it every wednesday and sunday.. its 3 to 4 days in between and i don't experience too much redness as before. i also noticed that when i went on a vacation for two weeks and stopped the medication, some of the lashes reverted back so when i started to use it again every three days, lashes are longer than the more recent plateau, so i figured a good break could benefit.

Top Rated Lash Treatments