April 21, 2014 | 875 users online

Lash Treatments - Latisse Lash Growth Drops

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by bhindhazeleyez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is awesome! I have been using it about a year now and the results are very noticeable. I get compliments all the time about my long eyelashes. I work in a medical ofc where we have a Latisse rep who lets us have the product for free so that we can tell patients about the product and promote it. Patients definitely notice and it has convinced many of them to try the product.

Since this is technically a prescription, you do have to be followed by a doctor due to some of the possible side effects. If you have lighter colored eyes, it can cause them to darken. I have hazel eyes and I have not noticed any darkening. I have sensitive eyes, so I was a little concerned about trying this out. One of the ingredients is used to treat glaucoma, so it can change your eye pressure, but I see my eye doctor regularly and have not had any problems. The only side effect I have had is some slight redness/darkening of my eyelid near the upper lashline. This is no biggie to me and I will continue to use the product since I have amazing results. The doctor overseeing us while using the product took pictures every few weeks and I would definitely recommending that you do that while using the product. It's really cool to see how much your lashes change from when you started.

My lashes actually brush my eyebrows now! One of the girls I work with actually trimmed hers because they brushed her sunglasses when she blinked and it annoyed her. (She's brave-I'd be too afraid to trim them!). Most of the women in my ofc that use Latisse don't even use mascara now. I still do because I love my mascara and it makes them look even more dramatic.

I started out using this every day for probably 3-4 months and then maybe twice a week to maintain, so I don't have to use as much and it lasts a lot longer. This is pricey, but I'd definitely recommend it if you want something that works!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2010 4:03:00 AM More reviews by pinkeyey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the generic version from alldaychemist.
I've always had short sparse lashes- and would used to get lash extensions every month- but they were too heavy and made my real lashes fall- i was worried that i'd give myself permanent bald spots on my lashes so i stopped.
Latisse is not offered in my area, so i was excited to find MUAers talking about a generic brand from ADC.
After receiving it, I used it religiously for the full 16 weeks. Yeah, they grew. I noticed results within the first month... but nothing dramatic and definitely didn't get thicker- just a little longer.
Side effects: The original side effects were that it made my eyes bloodshot and really itchy. That went away after the first 2 months. It felt like my eyeballs were popping out (if that makes sense). So i'd have to softly apply pressure with the meaty part of my palm to comfort them. The "eye-popping" pressure actually gave me a constant headache for months. (of course, beautiful before pain- i stuck through it and that went away.) Also, some time during those 16 weeks, my left eye also had a stage where there was a bald spot somewhere in the middle, but that grew back in within a couple of weeks and i can't even tell where it was now.
But the really terrible side-effect for me is that it discoloured my eyelids, both top and bottom. The top, i don't mind. But the bottom discolouration- combined with the dark eye circles that I naturally have- made me look really tired all day. I tried to cover them up with concealer- but the solution also made that area of skin really dry - so the concealer just made it look worst- dark and cracked.
Since those 16 weeks- i've cut back from once every 2 days to once a week (depending on when i remember or not)... and either I am used to the discolouration or that it really went away, but i don't really notice that red-purple colour as dark anymore. Good thing is my lashes are still longer than originally (not as long as at the peak of those 16 months)
So- the good news is- if you can stand the side effects - this is a good product cause it really does work- different results for everyone, i guess.
UPDATE - I stopped using it for a month or so- and just used it again on my upper eye lash only (careful not to get any on the bottom lash line) last night- this morning I woke up with darker eyelids on both top and bottom.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe how well this works. I was wary of trying it, but since I have brown eyes I figured there was very little chance of them changing color. I noticed my lashes were a bit longer after 2 weeks, and after 2 months they looked a lot longer. By the time the full 4 months had passed, my lashes were so long they almost reached past my eyebrows, and that was without mascara! With mascara it actually looks like I'm wearing false lashes. My eyes aren't irritated at all, and I have very sensitive eyes. I've also gone to the eye doctor and my peepers are still totally healthy after nearly 6 months of use, so I'm definitely going to continue using Latisse. The only side effect I noticed was that my lids are a tad darker/redder, particularly along the lashline. Hence my 4 out of 5 rating. Still, this isn't a big problem for me since I wear eye shadow and liner nearly every day, and the bare lids alone aren't that noticeably dark - I think the only reason I can tell is because I knew that was a possible side effect and was watching for it. It is a bit expensive, but if you apply it with a fine liner brush (I use Bobbi Brown's Ultra-Fine eyeliner brush) instead of the very wasteful applicators it comes with, the bottle lasts a good 3 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by llove42000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I have been using it for almost a year and, yes, I get comments on my lashes! They look natural but I am so happy with the results! The only issue I have is the price (but I will pay it) and that I run out of brushes before I do product. Other than that-LOVE THIS STUFF!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by jennnifer1911

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using the generic Careprost (Latisse) eyelash growth which is amazing! I like many others, was very skepticle about this product i.e would it work....will it irritate the eyes....will my eyes change color etc. I have been using it for 5 months now and my eyelashes are sooo long. I noticed a difference within the first month then did not seem to have any noticeable change for the next 6 weeks then suddenly on the 11 th week I had these wonderful long and full lashes:o) I hit my peak on the 14 th - 15 th week (so long that they now touch my eyebrows when I look up) and have absolutely no side effects other than in the first two weeks I had a very small amount of irritation on both eyelids which passed completely by the 3 rd week. As I mentioned I am now on my 5 th month on Careprost and will never stop using this product...I continue to use it every morning (the instructions tell you to use it in the evenings but I found that it caused my eyes to water at night and I was afraid that my Retin A would go into my eyes so I opted to use the Careprost in the a.m).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by nancyjasmine

Have been using Latisse for 6 weeks with no hair growth. The good news is that I'm not losing eyelashes any longer. I guess you have to use this for 4 months to know whether or not it's working. I hate the scratchy brushes this comes with and squeezing out the recommended 1 drop is not easy to do. The cost of over a hundred dollars is terrible, as well. I used Rapid Lash with great results, but then they changed the formula (just like Jan Marini did with her product...grrrr) and it no longer worked for me. Does anyone know of a cheaper and faster working product than Latisse???? I will continue using it for the suggested 4 months, but at $100+ for just a 30 day supply, I will not buy it if I don't see results after 16 weeks! I've already spent over 200 big ones in the last 6 weeks -- jeez. Anyone have any suggestions??? I'm 52 and have been through menopause already, if that's a helpful piece of info. Thanks.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by scoobyblue

Latisse has been one of the best products I have ever used. It only took about 2 weeks for me to begin seeing a difference. The improvement continued until about the 4 month mark and then leveled off. I have had an increase in length as well as thickness. It's so wild because you can see the new rows of lashes.
When I first started using it I did have irritation both in my eyes and on my lids. It went away in just a few days. I also get some funky little lashes growing around my tear duct. They lay flat so I don't pluck them because I can't really get a hold of them. They aren't dark so they don't really bother me. I also had one growing on my face at the outer corner of my eye and I did pluck that one. It only grew once and never came back. I use one drop for both eyes. I do not squeeze the bottle but tip it instead and catch the drop with the brush. I also use one of the brushes that came with it, but I cut half of the bristles off so it was narrower. I use the same brush and just clean it and it is not abrasive now like it was in the beginning.
I tried to go to a maintenance dose of a few times a week, but when I did that the irritation came back so I use it most nights. I have had darkening of the bottom of my upper lid, but it comes and goes and isn't there all of the time. It is expensive, but I bought my bottle at the end of April and it's mid-September and I still have at least a 1/4 of the bottle left. So I know I'll get at least another 2 months out of it.
I should also mention that I have had periods of lots of shedding. I actually had a hole so many fell out at one point, but they grew back quickly and I don't think it was really noticeable to anyone but me. I just got creative with my mascara. The other times I've gone through a shedding phase, you couldn't tell. I think it seems like they are shedding more because you have more lashes.
I highly recommend this product to anyone who wants longer fuller lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by volpino

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the name-brand Latisse, which I coughed up the dough for because I was weary of using a generic from another country. I already have natually long, full lashes, so I really have no medical need to use this, but I was just so curious, I wanted to see if they would become even more "wow" and extreme. I guess you can say that I'm just being greedy.
So far I've been using the product for about 6 weeks, religiously every night. The first 2 weeks or so, I had some irritation and redness in my eyes, some itching on the lids, but nothing extreme. The thing I noticed the most those first couple of weeks is that the base of the lashes seemed darker, so that it looked like I was wearing eyeliner, even though I wasn't. No complaints about that! Also I dis start to see a mild amount of skin discoloration at the base of the eyelid, but this doesn't really bother me.
Around weeks 3-4, my lashes seemed very full and there were rows of new growth, so it seemed like the product was working just like it should, and I was thrilled.
Then, around week 5 or so, I noticed way more lash loss every time I washed my face. At first I didn't think this was a big deal, since it is normal for you to have a shedding cycle of your lashes. But they just keep falling out and it seemed like I was losing way more than I normally do and now I am worried. I do see rows of new lash growth at the base, so my hope is that all the new lashes that Latisse is growing is just pushing out the old ones, and that if I keep using it the new growth will be even more glorious than the old lashes I had. But, who knows....maybe this is my own fault for being greedy when I didn't totally need the product to begin with. Anyway, I'm torn as to whether to keep using it and "weather the storm", or whether I should stop so that I don't lose any more eyelashes! I saw a couple other reviewers wrote in about lash loss as well.
I think I will continue to use it at least for a little while longer before I give up, and will update the review once I've given it a little more time--stay tuned!

UPDATE: 10/14/10 - I've been using Latisse for about 9 weeks now and I'm so thrilled I stuck with it! My lashes stopped falling out Ii think, like many of you suggested, it was just because it had sent the growth cycle into overdrive and it they just all reached the shedding cycle at once), and they are super thick and DARK now, which I love. I don't even need mascara...they are pitch black (normally my lashes are dark brown, with lighter tips). They are so thick that it looks like I just have 1 continuous line of lashes--almost like I'm wearing eyeliner. In terms of length, they are definitely longer, but some of the individual lashes are longer than others. They look a little wild because they point in different directions, but that really doesn't bother me--nothing a lash comb can't fix. Also, one thing I noticed more than anything else is my lower lashes have gotten extremely long--they look almost as long as my top ones (well, that's an exaggeration--but they're definitely long)! I don't apply the product directly to my lower lashes, but I think it just seeps through to them when I'm applying it to my top lash line.
I am upping the rating to 5 lippies--it really does work exactly as it says! I don't have any side effects any more, either (no redness or irritation, no skin darkening). So at this point, I'm happy-- I'm just going to continue to apply it until I reach the 16-week mark, and then I will cut back into maintenance mode. I can't wait to see them at 16 weeks! I'll update if anything changes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by 3dogsnight73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Latisse Works!

On the advice of my dermatologist, I have been using a fine eyeliner brush (Sonia Kashuk) to apply the product every night. She stated that the applicators are much too large and you don't need that much product. I am currently on my 11th week of use and still have product left. I really don't know if more product produces faster results but due to the cost, i'm willing to wait a little longer to reach "full impact".

My initial issues with my lashes were sparsity and gaps. I had decent length.

The first changes i noticed were more length. Around 8 weeks I noticed that one gap in particular had filled in. At this point, my lashes are not darker, or thicker, but the gaps have all filled in, my lash line as a whole has become fuller, and they are really long. Also, at around 8 weeks is when other people began to notice a difference.

As for the side effects...I already had darkened lids and I haven't noticed any difference. The first few weeks and randomly now there is itching, but it's tolerable and not long-lasting. I have had no redness, burning, or eye discoloration. The only "side effect" i've had that has been an issue is that I have gotten tons of new/longer eyelashes on the inner corners of my eye and they tickle the sides of my nose and drive me crazy. I have remedied that, to some degree, w/ better eyelash curling. I also have tried to avoid putting any more product there.

I will definitely repurchase and am looking forward to more changes. My dermatologist also told me that she has many patients who, after "full impact", only really use it every other night for maintenance. This will also make the bottle last much longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by goldensun

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Latisse did help with fuller, longer lashes, but I had the eyelid darken so much that I stopped using it for almost a year. Before stopping, I tried all types of light eye shadows even concealer to hide the darkness, but it kept getting worse. Darkening of the eyelid is a possible side effect that Latisse mentions. First couple of weeks did cause some itchiness and redness, but that passed. Very expensive to keep up. Packaging is ridiculous for such a small bottle with many brushes that are not very good. It is very easy to waste the product trying to get the one drop on the brush. Using the lid can help by putting the drop there and then the brush in the lid. Tried MD Lash, but that did nothing whatsover for me. I am now using Rapid Lash and will let you know the results. Rapid Lash is very reasonably priced.