September 18, 2014 | 1425 users online

Lash Treatments - Latisse Lash Growth Drops

Approved Use: LATISSE® is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough lashes) to grow eyelashes longer, fuller, darker.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sigh...this irritated my eyes so bad. Redness, slightly swollen, glossy/goopy eyes, reddish/brownish/purplish lids. I used this for 3 months or so. Though my eyelashes were getting long, the eye irritation made me look old and tired. Perhaps initially, I was using too much but even I used the very bare minimum, I still had the old/tired look. Took a few weeks for my lids to get back to normal but seems like they are still a bit darker than before.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by betsabe1617

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Latisse should make sure they mention in their ads they possibility of hyperpigmentation that can not only your upper lids but all around your eyes your lower eyelids can get purplish worsening that area making you look you havent slept in days. Now I hope it goes away. Also some people have reported pressure like headaches and this is never mentioned..go to essentialdayspa forum for more info. Also no one knows long term side effects of this drug for purely cosmetical purposes,,not worth the risk for me....its like steroids for you eye lids where it can migrate to your eyes..

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2011 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Taniaebj

I am on my third bottle of Latisse. I have naturally short and straight lashes. My bottom lashes are three little hairs by themselves. After about a month of using Latisse I began noticing a difference. My lashes grew a great deal for me, (I guess it's not in my DNA to have huge lashes), and I am happy enough. Anything is better than what I had before. Now, my eyes look sexy and all I need is an eyelash curler and no mascara. I will also stick with the Latisse, even though the generic is cheaper, but it is hard to come by without a prescription. Plus, I have a great doctor that offers a two for one one deal every three months, so I make sure I take advantage of that. And oh yeah, I have a little bit of darkness, but it just looks like smudged mascara, but it is minor. Overall, it makes me feel prettier!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 7:33:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased Latisse from the MediSpa that I have my Botox done at. It was $130.00 for one bottle, which is a one month supply.
I began to notice results after approximately two weeks of nightly use. I used the single-use disposable brushes that are included.
After one month my eyelashes were noticably longer, after two months of use I began to get compliments and comments on how long my lashes were.
At three months I switched to Careprost and have received similar results, at a cost of $10.00 per month. Careprost does not include single-use applicators, and I now use an eyeliner brush.
I would not purchase Latisse again since Careprost is available.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Latisse DOES NOT work for everyone... despite of what your dermatolgist may say in order to sell you this $150/month product.

I used it, as directed, with the applicators that came with it, every night, for three weeks straight..and I noticed that my eyelashes were getting very weak.. they were not exactly falling out but the roots were getting weaker in that they would point downwards and would be very easy to pull out (just touch and they would fall out). Needless to say, this thined out my lashline. It was especially bad on my right eye - in one spot in the middle they are almost gone (new ones are growing in but they are stubby of course).

At first I though this was just their natural eyelash 'shedding and growth' cycle so I kept on using Latissee.. My eyes got very irritated and I just wanted to rub them constantly, and I had to definitely stop with Latisse.

The eye irritation went away after a few days, however the thinned out, stubby eyelashes remain until they re-grow I hope.

I don't want to bash the product simply because it did not work for me (most likely I was allergic to something in it), however just be aware of this scenario as well.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by cjumper

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wrote before when trying out Lilash and Revitalash. I was using on one one eye and the other on the other. I came to the conclusion that Lilash was better because the eye I used it on had notably longer lashes. Well, after months of not using either so I could try Latisse, I found that the same eyelid that underperformed before has underperformed when using Latisse on both eyes. Both eyes are definitely improved, but the same one as before has noticable longer lashes. So much for scientific experimentation with a sample size of 1! Well, I tried. Now I've switched to Careprost from overseas because of the expense. We'll see...

By using a daintier eyeliner brush, I was able to extend the bottle of Latisse nearly 3 months instead of 1. The brushes that come with it waste a lot. I understand that it's more sanitary to use a different brush for each applcation to each eye, but the brushes were WAY to big and hard to direct. Expensive drops rolled off of them or, if absorbed by the brush, did not get back out. I was using extra just to get the big brushes wet enough. I tried trimming them for a while before I gave up and started using a regular washable eyeliner brush.

I can't see spending the money that Latisse (or even Lilash) costs if Careprost will work as well. Given that Careprost is the generic form of Latisse, I have high hopes.

I spent $10 per 3ml bottle of Careprost plus $15 shipping. So, that's $45 for 3 bottles (9 mos?) of the generic instead of $120 for maybe 3 mos of Latisse.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by trinityblade24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

*Sigh*...First and foremost, Latisse does work. My lashes are average length, thickness, and a soft black color. I got my prescription from my dermatologist, and I applied it once a day only to the upper lash line. I did not use the applicators, rather I put one drop in the cap and used a clean ultra-thin eyeliner brush to line both eyes (which makes one bottle last at least 2+months), as close to the root of the lash as possible. I did have a little irritation and redness of the eyeball, but it went away within the first 2 weeks. After a full solid 2 months of use, my lashes were long enough to hit my brows, the base hairs were thicker, and the hair color was deepening to a richer black...unfortunately, that was not the only thing that was darkening.

My eyelids also darkened...from my lashline to just under my browbone, the skin deepened in color, a brownish tinge (I'm NC35). Also, where I've been applying the Latisse, right at the root of the hairs, a line of purplish-red developed. I was aware that this could happen, I just didn't know to what extent. My goal of using this product was so that I didn't have to wear mascara...and I didn't have to, but in exchange I had to put on eye shadow and liner (which I do not wear on a daily basis) to camouflage the pigmentation. So I guess one effect cancelled out the other.

Needless to say, I have stopped using this product for 2 weeks now, and all ready my eyelids have almost returned to its pre-Latisse color (thank god!). My lashes are slowly going back to its original state as well. I will not bash this product...the side effects are clearly stated. For those people who don't experience them, I do envy you. And for those who can tolerate the side effects, I envy you too. But for me the risks out weigh the benefits.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by perfectface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ended up being one of the unlucky people who got a bad result using Latisse. My eyelashes fell out and I'm having trouble growing them back. My eyelashes were long to begin with so what was I thinking! My bottom lashes are still long and lush. My upper lashes fell out so bad I almost had to wear false eyelashes. They're growing back so hopefully that will continue. I'm using mineral mascara now, trying to limit the chemicals I apply to my lashes. Would never use Latisse again! Good luck using this, I hope you don't have the same problem I did.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by user1988

I've been using this product on and off mainly to grow my bottom lashes. I do notice an increase in length and fullness and know that if I used this faithfully my lashes would be even longer but I'm so lazy. I'm not sure how much this costs since I get it free from my bf's practice and being my lashes were long enough to begin with I don't think I would ever buy this on my own. Overall this is a good product, I haven't experienced any irritation with this. The only thing I'm not too fond of is the brushes that comes with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Nympish

Being Chinese, I have naturally short and sparse lashes. Always on the lookout for long luscious lashes, I succumbed to eyelash extensions which I kept for over a year. This caused further deterioration of my lashes. I then had to fall back on false lashes as my eyelashes were too short and had no or little growth spots in different areas. I tried latisse and in as short as a week, I noticed some growth in my eyelashes. I continued applying it faithfully twice a day. I applied on the roots of my top and bottom lashes. My eye lashes grew as the days went by and it grew to a point whereby my friends and colleagues thought I had falsies on. I was elated, however, do note that the lashes do not all grow at the same rate, hence they were pretty uneven. The lashes on my right eye also grew longer than my left, however I solved this problem by stopping the application on my right eye for a few days while continuing on my left on a daily basis. I switched to the generic brand after I've finished one bottle of latisse which lasted me two months. The generic brand works just as well. I have also recently discovered that the tips of my lashes looked a bit 'frizzy'. I've since then concurrently used a lash conditioner (l'oreal renewal lash serum) on the body of the lashes. It's been 3 months since and my eyelashes are ridiculously long. I am now maintaining the length and am using it once every 3 days, however, I still use the lash conditioner on a daily basis as I believe that it makes my lashes smooth and supple.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No