Lancome Genifique

3.1

WATER, BIFIDA FERMENT LYSATE, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL DENAT., DIMETHICONE, HYDROXYETHYLPIPERAZINE ETHANE SULFONIC ACID, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ADENOSINE, FAEX EXTRACT/YEAST EXTRACT/EXTRAIT DE LEVURE, PEG-20 METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE, PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, SALICYLOYL PHYTOSPHINGOSINE, AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE/AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE, LIMONENE, XANTHAN GUM, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, OCTYLDODECANOL, CITRONELLOL, FRAGRANCE

I tried this product after my regular Lancome product was discontinued. I am fortunate to have clear skin and this product made me get small bumps all over my face after trying it. I spoke with a Lancome clerk and they told me that it couldn't have been due to their product. I was disappointed with the service and very disappointed in the product. I was a loyal Lancome customer for 15 years and will never buy any of the products in the future.

on 11/3/2011 4:12:00 PM

Broke me out like no other! waste of money. saw no results as well.

on 11/2/2011 1:43:00 AM

I purchased this based on all the rave reviews I've read and seen on YouTube about this product but my skin did not react well to Genifique at all. The first time I used it, I noticed a slight burning sensation and some redness atop my cheeks but thought burning sensation and redness would pass after a few uses. After using it for just over a week, to my dismay, the problem has only worsened and my cheeks have now broken out in red little bumps. They aren't painful or anything, but my cheeks have always had a smooth texture and fairly even tone until now. It definitely looks like an allergic reaction I'm having. On top of this, the dispensing mechanism is the sh!ts! Droppers from the pharmacy that cost me 75 cents work better than this. Needless to say, I am sorely disappointed, as I made the mistake of purchasing the large size bottle for $140CAD! Don't make the same mistake I did -- TRY BEFORE YOU BUY rather than jumping the gun and listening to the hype.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Useless. Received months' worth of samples (GWP at Lancome counter), used religiously, did NOTHING for my skin. NOTHING. It was like rubbing drops of water in. Disappeared and made absolutely zero difference in tone, texture, clarity, fine lines, evenness, brightness or softness. Glad I didn't actually buy a bottle of this.

on 10/23/2011 3:01:00 PM

ok, so I got this in a sample package with a whole bunch of other "crap" testers.

I dont need this stuff right now (at my age), BUT, I said "What the hell" and tried it. wow!

I do not have serious acne issues, but I have never had a completely clear face EVER. This stuff clears the heck out of a pimple!!! Forget about the anti-aging promises, just use it for your acne. My pimples die down with 24 hours, and within 3 days, no scar, no nothing! I have been using this 2 x a day for the last 3 weeks, and though I am cringing at buying a full EXPENSIVE bottle, I have to, just because my face would never forgive me if I didn't. Also, I am an oil slick by noon, and this stuff sucks it away, as well as creates a nice smooth canvas for my makeup, cause my face feels like a baby's butt.

I will say 4 lippies, only due to price.

I fell into the hype when this launched and bought myself a bottle. I read a number of blogs and reviews before I purchased this and had such high expectations. I was disappointed, I used the product for a month and did not notice any difference to my skin.

The packaging is great, the little dropper design makes it easy to control the amount of product you want to use - and the glass bottle design makes the product look really classy, pity it just didn't work for me. I gave this to my mum.

on 10/22/2011 2:16:00 AM

After I heard so many people raving about this product on youtube and on beautyblogs, I really wanted this to work for me.
I stopped taking birth control pills for a year, after I have been on it for almost 10 years to see how it would affect my body. I started getting very bad breakouts and nothing I used would work. I NEVER had pimples before in my life and my skin was always clear. I was so frustrated!! So I consulted my gyno and she advised me to start taking the pill again, so I did and then all the pimples disappeard but of course I had really bad acne scars. So when I heard about this product I really hoped that it would help my skin to get better but it did not.
This serum broke me out almost instantly!!!!
I somehow already knew that it was the serum, because I was using the Vichy Normaderm line and took the pill so my face cleared up pretty quick. But after I used the serum, boom, 4 pimples on each side of my cheek again. I dont know what I thought to try it for another 3 times, I thought the pimples might have to do with hormonal imbalance or my diet or stress, nevertheless, I tried it again and it always broke me out immediatly. Im so sad coz I really wanted it to work for me. :((((

on 10/17/2011 4:32:00 PM

I got a sample of this product for my mom and myself --she's obviously a bit older. I noticed after a weeks use my skin is definitely looking better (despite my tan fading). The most amazing results has been on my mother. She's got wrinkles (due to many years of sun worshiping) after one day you could see a difference. The remarkable thing is with her continued use--she looks like she's had 20yrs wiped off her face in the course of a week. Her lines about her lip (which we quite bad) are not almost completely gone. She is even able to wear makeup again without it settling in her creases. For what this product does I would say it's definitely worth the $80.

on 10/4/2011 10:18:00 PM

I finished a small bottle and this did nothing for me in terms of dark spots, though it did make my face feel smother. Way too expensive to repurchase for the results.

on 10/3/2011 8:10:00 PM

Dont waste your money please!!!! I bought the Whole genifique line day cream,night cream, eye cream and serum I had a mayor credit card imbalance !!!! But thought to give it a try lince everyone was súper hype about it !!!! After using the Whole line for 30 days rigurously nothing happened......... Noothing no improvement of any kind no diferente in texture no reduced under eye bags.....no plumping effect. NADA .......... so please there a many beter options out there without the expensive packaging and merchandising campaings that actually have better quality ingrediente in them.

Sorry