April 23, 2014 | 1967 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20 (2009 formulation)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2010 11:41:00 AM More reviews by donna01010

Neutrogena boasts about caring for skin. If they cared about skin, they would remove the Feverfew and the methylisothiazolinone from this makeup. Both these ingredients are irritants. This foundation makes my eyes burn all day. methylisothiazolinone is not supposed to be used in any "leave on" product according to the FDA. It is too irritating. Feverfew, according to all cosmetic dictionaries I have, is very irritating unless the parthenolides are removed. So much for neutrogena caring for the consumer's skin. I will not re-purchase. In fact the company sent my money back when I complained. Customer service could not explain to me why the company included these ingredients in the product. Instead of arguing with "unarmed" personnel, I will simply stop buying Neutrogena.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by og

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best foundation. Light..dewy..natural..great for yellow(gold) tone skin color. Blends well with other makeup. NO streaks caking. Very pleased even with the new formula.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Worst foundation ever. It's too thick, doesn't blend easily, accentuates every line and pore in my face, and makes my skin itch. The first time I put it on I immediately washed it off. I'll never wear it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by bri20

this is a good foundation. my only complaint is after a while it makes my skin look really oily even with a setting powder, and i have really dry skin. its a great drugstore foundation but i dont think i would reccomend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by rrauber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by gurululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I didn't hate this foundation but I wasn't impressed by it either. I like the 6.6% titanium as a UVA ingredient. It is easy to blend because it is liquid, not too thick or thin. It doesn't streak even when applied with fingers. It absorbs fairly well and does not cake. I bought 04, nude, which is has a neutral to warm shade. It just doesn't have the staying power to get through my work day. I would say that there are moisturizers in this formulation because my skin was comfortably moist but not too oily. I don't think this foundation would be good for the summer or oily skinned people. It has been below freezing here so I may have a few dry patches. This foundation seems to smooth out dry patches and doesn't exacerbate fine lines. I don't know if it makes the pores look larger because I wear every foundation under loose powder. For $14.49 at Walgreens, it has to at least make it through my 7 hour work day especially in winter. It didn't!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

ME: extremely fair, oily, acne-prone, subtype II rosacea. When I first purchased this, I was super excited because I can't normally find a drugstore foundations light enough for me. Their lightest was near perfect. The coverage was medium and looked great, except for the fact that it accentuates any flakiness I happen to have. As time went on, it seemed to make my face flakier, tighter and generally uncomfortable. The coverage started looking uneven and cakey as well. My skin was just not looking "healthy". The presence of oil makes me nervous as well, so I stopped using it. Lo and behold, my skin is back to normal after I stopped. I guess this just isn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 10:25:00 AM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the 2nd bottle of Healthy Skin foundation I've used (in the NEW formulation) and I love it!! I get a nice, even, moderate-coverage finish that looks flawless when blended with stippling brush or a good foundation brush. I found it blends well and goes on smoothly. In fact, the finish is the same as my other high end favorites! Also, this formula works best when applied in sheer layers. If I apply too much at once, it will look heavy, so go lightly and build up where extra coverage is necessary. Once set with a sheer loose powder, this does a good job of lasting throughout the day. (It's not transfer-resistant, so you'll need to set it with powder.)
I'm closest to NW15 and I'm a great match to Natural Ivory 20. This shade is not found at all locations, like CVS, but it can be bought at Target.
Based on the Neutrogena website, this foundation is recommended for normal to dry skin types. It's not recommended for oily or combo skin, as it doesn't have oil-control properties and will probably get shiny on you. The label should say this, but it doesn't. It's non-drying and has been been great this winter. When I wash my face, it doesn't feel dried out.
One last thing: I'm hating the packaging. This foundation needs a pump. It's so easy to pour out too much and I end up wasting it.
SPF 20 from 6.6% titanium dioxide. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by ShamazBithces

I just picked this up at the store last night after a recent foundation binge. I actually tried this over the summer and it really didn't work with my skin. niow I'm wondering if they've inproved it or if my skin is just that much different in cold weather.

I'm pretty satisfied so far. I wouldn''t say this is HG but I'm not really looking for HG right now, just something my skin will tolerate while I'm going through hormonal issues/allergies that are tearing my face up,lol. This is extremely runny coming out of the bottle but that's actually great for me right now because it smooths onto my skin so easily(the main reason I had to quit using ColorStay, I felt like I was putting housepaint on my face after a while).

This doesn't really fill in pores or anything but I'm using a primer for that. The color match is great for me. I'm pretty pale but I do have some golden undertones and this warms me up a little without looking obvious. I do feel like this formula could have the potential of turning into an oil-slick after a few hours or oxidize if I didn't use a primer underneath but that's my only real gripe. Will keep using this until I find HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by JessAriel7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing, amazing, amazing! I want to go on the Oprah show and jump on the couch and scream, "I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!"

Ok but seriously, this foundation works wonders for me. I haven't tried the original formula so I can't compare. For reference, I have very fair golden-toned skin; in most drugstore foundations, my best match is either the lightest foundation or a mix between the lightest and second lightest. In some foundations there isn't even one light enough for me.

I've been using Everday Minerals - Golden Fair base and pressed powder. The color was great but it was just too drying and I literally looked like I never applied makeup after about 2 hours. This makeup is perfect for me, it lasts literally all day but doesn't have that overly thick slimy feeling that a lot of other "lasting" makeups have (aka Colorstay and superstay 24hr). It's PERFECT for those of us that are fair but with golden undertones (I bought it in the lightest color - classic ivory). Also, it didn't make me break out; actually, my skin looks much better now even without makeup. The coverage is perfect and buildable without looking cakey ( I use Everday Minerals Flattop brush to apply, followed by the EM Kaolin Powder - Sunlight ). This foundation somehow allows my skin to show through without looking like I'm wearing a mask, and yet covers all my redness and scarring.

As much as I love when the packaging has a pump (this one doesn't), I'm not taking out any lippies because so many foundations don't have the pump =[

This foundation is deffinitly worth a shot, especially if you are like me and have fair golden toned skin and have a hard time finding a color match