Kerastase Nectar Thermique

4.4

Aqua/Water, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Potato Starch Modified, Behentrimonium Chloride, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Polyquaternium-4, Methylparaben, Amodimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Trideceth-6, Citronellol, Xylose, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Hydroxycitronellal, Coumarin, Limonene, Cetrimonium Chloride, Royal Jelly/Royal Jelly Extract, Parfum/Fragrance

on 5/18/2009 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used Ciment Thermique a while ago and I remember I wasn't that impressed with it (ended up swapping it away). So I bought this new one, especially since I have dry hair that is breaking and I am trying to keep it moisturized and protected from my weekly heat styling (blow dry and flat iron once/week).
I do LOVE the smell, I think it's much better than Ciment Thermique. I use a generous amount of the product on damp (already sprayed with a leave-in conditioner) hair before blow drying, and my hair comes out healthier looking and moisturized and full of movement. It doesn't weigh my fine hair down, no matter how much I use. After flat ironing (I still use another heat protectant on dry hair), my hair looks so nice, shiny, bouncy, healthy. I can't really say much about its heat protective properties as that would be difficult to estimate, but I can say that my hair looks and behaves better since I've started using this, therefore it must be doing something good :D
EDIT 9/30/09 - Down to 3 lippies, because I don't notice any reduction in hair breakage while using it. Even though I have reduced flat ironing/blow drying to only once/week (if that), the ends of my hair are still breaking, I still get those white dots 1/2" from the end where the hair bends and snaps. So even though this product works nicely as a leave-in conditioner, I doubt it does much as a heat protectant. It might work great for someone with less fragile hair.
EDIT 12/6/09 - Back to 4, because I've recently started using this again, once my hair got healthier, and it seems to work better - hair is soft and shiny and sleek and I don't see as much heat damage as before, so I assume I thought this wasn't working because my hair was in rougher shape to begin with. It's not a miracle worker but I like what it does.

on 4/10/2009 3:40:00 PM

So I went in for my once every 4 months hair cut and deep condition and blow out. I use Kerastase Bain Satin Shampoo #2 and Lait Vital #1 on my shoulderlength, fine, thick , naturally wavy hair and had just run out of my ciment thermique. I usually have to spray a little glossing product on my hair the first day after shampooing as well. My stylist put this stuff on my hair, and nothing else - My hair has NEVER looked or felt this good. Generally she has to use the flat iron , but with this stuff is truely moisturizing, heat protecting, and to boot makes a good styling product. Glad to add it to my line up of Kerastase Products I use. I don't think I will go back to ciment thermique, but will report back if it doesn't hold true. I have used the same Kerastase shampoo and conditioner for 3 years now. Pretty amazing - I never even think about switching S&C...

on 3/24/2009 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

My first Kerastase product and i loved it! made my hair feel great, easy to brush and not frazzled by blow drying and straightening. i would definitely buy this product again - despite the price tag - if i had to buy one high end hair product it would be this!

on 3/3/2009 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with the other reviewers: unlike Ciment Thermique, this is not for all hair types. However, if this product does suit your hair chaaa chiing this stuff is money!

I was (and still am) a diehard Ciment junkie, so I was a bit skeptical of how Nectar Thermique would hold up to my all-time-favorite Holy Grail product. My stylist explained that Nectar is very similar to Ciment, but with added moisturizing properties. This does make the product a bit heavier, but not in an oily or sticky sense.

Ive used the product for a month now, and I have to say I like it every bit as much as Ciment. (Gasp!) I know, hard to believe...But, there are some key differences. With Nectar, my hair feels like it does after Ive done a really good deep-conditioning mask, whereas Ciment creates a more light and airy feel. Both make my hair equally soft and shiny, but Nectar helps more with manageability. SoI cant really name a winner. On days where I want some body and bounce to my hair, I use Ciment. On days where I want pin-straight, sleek hair (think super-straight Jennifer Aniston) then Nectar is definitely my first choice.

In keeping with most Kerastase products, you dont have to use very much to ensure great results. I use a small almond-size amount, maybe even less. It is difficult to resist the urge to go overboard and use too much, but you WILL end up with sticky hair if you do. This is much different from Ciment for optimal results, I have to use quite a large amount and it gets expensive! (FYI - I have dry/normal-to-thin/wavy highlighted hair.) Another difference: while both products instruct you to use on wet hair before blow-drying, I often use Ciment on dried hair to tame fly-aways or to add softness before going out. I tried doing the same with Nectar, and do not recommend. It was too rich and made my hair a little slimy. (TIP since you are using such a small amount, it takes a while to apply. Spend time to work it in properly, so that it reaches every strand. Otherwise, you end up with sections of hair carrying too much product, and other parts with none at all!)

Some other differences to note Nectar has a floral sent, while Ciment has a citrus fragrance. Although I do prefer the citrus, Nectar does not by any means smell bad. For me, scent is not a deal breaker, but this might be a bigger sticking point for people with sensitive sniffers. Also, Nectar comes in a slightly bigger bottle so it ends up being easier on the wallet, er, well sort of... Nectar is priced at $34 for 150ML, while Ciment is priced at $34 for 125ML. Hmmm..not sure why that is. Maybe to entice us Ciment addicts to try an alternative?

continued >>

on 2/26/2009 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I used this for a good 2months before leaving a review. I think I have realized I do not have the right texture for this product. I was a Ciment Thermique user ..and being a product junkie..had to try out this. I have long, fine hair..and this product weighed my hair down. I think it's too moisturizing and would be better suited for someone with thick/thirsty hair. ciment thermique makes my hair feel stronger/thicker w/o the weight..so I will return back to the Ciment Thermique (of course the more expensive one of the two...)

on 2/15/2009 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great leave-in. I have tried many, many heat protectants and they all have seemed to make my hair less healthy-looking and feeling. This product smells great and also helps add moisture, shine, and smoothness. I would just be careful not to use too much, its tempting because it makes your hair soft but less is more with it. I am very impressed with the health of my hair, I have been using it about a month and its made a huge difference in health and breakage.

on 2/12/2009 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a very nice product ~~ IF ~~ you have very dry hair and thick. I read a lot of dislike for this product on the hair board and was very surprised. Several people have commented on how horrible it smells. I don't understand this other than to think I may have a different batch of Nectar Thermique. I love the scent. It is light and airy and slightly floral- just a beautiful scent.

I use intense heat on my hair to smooth out all the kinks and curls and this product has left my hair very silky. Ciment Thermique on the other hand doesn't do much for my hair type.

Also, I use 2 or 3 products in my hair to get it smoothed out.
With Nectar Thermique, I only need a quarter size dollop- no more, maybe just a bit less- and that's it. No other product necessary. So if I continue to use this, what will I do with all my stash ;)

When a product gets so many opposite reviews, I can't help but think if maybe people with the wrong hair type are using it or they use too much or too little.

I also think that to get your hair looking it's best, you can't just rely on products to do the magic for you.
You need:
1. a good haircut
2. proper products for your hair type
3. technique

on 2/6/2009 11:16:00 AM

This stuff smells heavenly - I wish they made perfume that smelled just like it. As a consistent user of Ciment Thermique I saw this and thought I would give it a try. It seems a bit heavier than Ciment but I do like it. I use it when my hair seems to be on the drier side. I am thinking a tube of this will last forever - a little goes a long way! As with most other Kerastase products, this does not disappoint.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have thin, dry hair, and I use Ciment Thermique daily. When I went to repurchase Ciment Thermique, I noticed a new product, Nectar Thermique, that appears to do the same thing as Ciment, but for dry hair. I have only used the Nectar Thermique twice, but I definitely prefer the Ciment Thermique primarily because of the smell. Ciment Thermique smells fabulous, while Nectar Thermique does not. Nectar has a floral type smell, while Ciment has a refreshing, citrusy smell. As far as effectiveness of the product, I felt that the Nectar was thicker/stickier, which may provide more protectant on your hair, but I found it more difficult to style. So, while my hair is dry and color treated, I will stick with the Ciment. I will eventually finish the Nectar Thermique, but I will not repurchase. Strangely, my tube of Ciment Thermique is 4.8 fl oz., and my tube of Nectar Thermique is 5.1 fl. oz. There are so many different Kerastase products now that it is really hard to choose which one is right for you. Each line seems to have its own unique scent as well. Although I don't use Kerastase shampoo or conditioner regularly, I do use the Kerastase Nutritive Serum Nutri-Sculpt daily. It's a gloss that makes my hair look amazing after blow drying without weighing my hair down. It has a pleasant scent as well.

on 2/4/2009 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have both Ciment Thermique and Nectar Thermique. For my hair, I prefer Nectar Thermique. I have thin, fine hair that is quite dry. It is shoulder length with bangs, and I do tend to heat style several times per week. I use an almond-size blob of Nectar Thermique, run it through any part of my hair that is rough, or, all over, and the use my hairdryer to finish the style. I have used this both on totally wet hair, and hair that I have slightly dampened in the morning. Nectar Thermique gives my hair complete softness and shine. My hairstyle simply looks better--more polished--when I use this product. Ciment Thermique has a bit more weight on my hair than this does. I do really like Ciment Thermique, but it would often leave my hair feeling rather dry. Nectar Thermique acts almost as a leave-in moisturizer for me, though it isn't intended to be that type of product. Nectar Thermique has a slightly floral scent, differnt from CIment Thermique. Interestingly, Ciment Thermique tends to make my hair look a little dirty, but provides it with a tiny bit of 'hold', or grip. Nectar Thermique adds no weight, grease, or dirty look to my hair.

Popular Styling Products