July 31, 2014 | 1800 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Nectar Thermique

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by suggar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great leave-in. I have tried many, many heat protectants and they all have seemed to make my hair less healthy-looking and feeling. This product smells great and also helps add moisture, shine, and smoothness. I would just be careful not to use too much, its tempting because it makes your hair soft but less is more with it. I am very impressed with the health of my hair, I have been using it about a month and its made a huge difference in health and breakage.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by cakemix

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice product ~~ IF ~~ you have very dry hair and thick. I read a lot of dislike for this product on the hair board and was very surprised. Several people have commented on how horrible it smells. I don't understand this other than to think I may have a different batch of Nectar Thermique. I love the scent. It is light and airy and slightly floral- just a beautiful scent.

I use intense heat on my hair to smooth out all the kinks and curls and this product has left my hair very silky. Ciment Thermique on the other hand doesn't do much for my hair type.

Also, I use 2 or 3 products in my hair to get it smoothed out.
With Nectar Thermique, I only need a quarter size dollop- no more, maybe just a bit less- and that's it. No other product necessary. So if I continue to use this, what will I do with all my stash ;)

When a product gets so many opposite reviews, I can't help but think if maybe people with the wrong hair type are using it or they use too much or too little.

I also think that to get your hair looking it's best, you can't just rely on products to do the magic for you.
You need:
1. a good haircut
2. proper products for your hair type
3. technique

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by LHartford

This stuff smells heavenly - I wish they made perfume that smelled just like it. As a consistent user of Ciment Thermique I saw this and thought I would give it a try. It seems a bit heavier than Ciment but I do like it. I use it when my hair seems to be on the drier side. I am thinking a tube of this will last forever - a little goes a long way! As with most other Kerastase products, this does not disappoint.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2009 12:49:00 AM More reviews by disgruntledamsel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have thin, dry hair, and I use Ciment Thermique daily. When I went to repurchase Ciment Thermique, I noticed a new product, Nectar Thermique, that appears to do the same thing as Ciment, but for dry hair. I have only used the Nectar Thermique twice, but I definitely prefer the Ciment Thermique primarily because of the smell. Ciment Thermique smells fabulous, while Nectar Thermique does not. Nectar has a floral type smell, while Ciment has a refreshing, citrusy smell. As far as effectiveness of the product, I felt that the Nectar was thicker/stickier, which may provide more protectant on your hair, but I found it more difficult to style. So, while my hair is dry and color treated, I will stick with the Ciment. I will eventually finish the Nectar Thermique, but I will not repurchase. Strangely, my tube of Ciment Thermique is 4.8 fl oz., and my tube of Nectar Thermique is 5.1 fl. oz. There are so many different Kerastase products now that it is really hard to choose which one is right for you. Each line seems to have its own unique scent as well. Although I don't use Kerastase shampoo or conditioner regularly, I do use the Kerastase Nutritive Serum Nutri-Sculpt daily. It's a gloss that makes my hair look amazing after blow drying without weighing my hair down. It has a pleasant scent as well.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 7:26:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have both Ciment Thermique and Nectar Thermique. For my hair, I prefer Nectar Thermique. I have thin, fine hair that is quite dry. It is shoulder length with bangs, and I do tend to heat style several times per week. I use an almond-size blob of Nectar Thermique, run it through any part of my hair that is rough, or, all over, and the use my hairdryer to finish the style. I have used this both on totally wet hair, and hair that I have slightly dampened in the morning. Nectar Thermique gives my hair complete softness and shine. My hairstyle simply looks better--more polished--when I use this product. Ciment Thermique has a bit more weight on my hair than this does. I do really like Ciment Thermique, but it would often leave my hair feeling rather dry. Nectar Thermique acts almost as a leave-in moisturizer for me, though it isn't intended to be that type of product. Nectar Thermique has a slightly floral scent, differnt from CIment Thermique. Interestingly, Ciment Thermique tends to make my hair look a little dirty, but provides it with a tiny bit of 'hold', or grip. Nectar Thermique adds no weight, grease, or dirty look to my hair.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No