April 19, 2014 | 884 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by smlrck26

I recently finished up a small tube of this from a set of four of their primers. I loved this one the most. I can use it alone for a great neutral look that is good for work. An added plus is that this doesn't look horrible under that terrible office lighting. For me this does make shadow last longer but it does show through if I use a sheer and/or light color (common sense). I got the XL sized tube from Sephora.com and the wider stance makes easier to handle...plus it's a better value anyway if you plan to use it often like me.

I will keep buying it as long as it exists. For me, it makes my beauty routine shorter, it lasts all day, and the color flatters my pink toned fair skin.

The only downside is the packaging but like I said the XL tube is way easier to work with.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by ktu64

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh my goodness, I wanted to love this so so much... but I couldn't.
Let's start wth the packaging: brutal, just as you would expect from a genie-shaped bottle. Plus the wand brush was sooo annoying. Not only that, but mine broke at the bottom and leaked all over the rest of my makeup bag... which still hasn't come out. I still have no idea how the bottle broke... Definitely buying the TFSI just for the tube now.
Oh, and for the product itself? I have to give it credit for keeping my shadow on all day, and not budging too much. However IMO it definitely underperformed: eyeshadow didn't blend as smooth/brightly as I'd expected, the colour and shimmer didn't exactly flatter my beige-tan skin and it was just a hassle to put on after dealing with the wand and smoothing out the product, it had practically dried on my eyelids. Overall, I'm going to be sticking with my HG tube of TFSI :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by normaestrada19

Sin is a beautiful, shimmery, neutral color on it's own, but too bad it does not have the same staying power as the original. Now that I have it and will not be able to return it, I guess I can leave it in my makeup bag for mornings when I am on the run and need a primer that doubles as an eyeshadow. But again, I want to reinforce that this and, for that matter, all the other eyeshadow based UDPP do not have the same staying power as the original.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by magee5880

This product is so awesome. I was hesitant to purchase it since I purchase more mac products. Anyhow, this is completely something that I have been looking for. You can wear the product alone and leave it simple or you can use it as a primer and expect lasting results with your eyeshadow. This is the best primer I have ever purchased so far. If you want your eyeshadow to last with no crease and want a little shimmer to your eyelid this is the product for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by ceruleanblue95

I purchased this primer with the hopes that it would work just as well as the original, and add some color to the lid as well. Although I am pleased at the staying power this gives my eye shadows, I was mildly disappointed at the color payoff. Yes, I know this is a primer, not an eye shadow, but I felt like when spread around on my eye it only showed up as a sheen. That said, this is a very good primer, if used correctly (that is, the right amount of product; very, very little). I generally have little problems with creasing, but this makes neutral colors more vibrant. I generally don't use UDPP Sin for bright colors, but under neutrals it definitely bring them out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by CutieGoneCrazy21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have no idea why this primer doesnt get as much love as the orginal! it is just as good. the trick for getting this to work is using very little and closing your eyes for 30 secs after applying!!!! its used used for neutral looks tho, dont try bright colors over this. :) love it! wore it for 5+ hours today and no fading or creasing. however since this is shimmery it does tend to look like standing oil on your eyelids.. i fix this with a sheer setting powder over this primer than apply e/s! works like a charm

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by paramore94

I like this primer, but the only thing is that it doesn't make my eyeshadow appear more intense, but it does prevent creasing and I like the color (It's a really nice shimmery champagne color).

I think it's an overall good eyeshadow primer, and will probably buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 9:19:00 AM More reviews by mechanicaljen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

UDPP in Sin has changed my beauty routine. I bought this in a pack with the other three "colors": the original, Eden, and Greed. Before this, shadows would never stay on, and I wouldn't feel obliged to wear them. Looking pretty at 8 AM, but like a tired, faded version of myself at 5 is no good.

Sin is, by far my favorite. I can wear this on its own for a subtle, yet polished look. More frequently, I'm pairing it with Stila Golightly or Dapple for a quick, natural look that gets compliments from guys and girls alike. Beautiful on my NC20/25 skin, and likely moreso on the pink-toned girls out there.

Thanks, Urban Decay, for helping me feel pretty like the other girls!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Hunnichow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Like us all, I'd heard soo much about this 'legendary' primer all over the internet, It's a wee bit expensive so didn't get it right away but splashed and got it a couple of months after hearing about it.
What ashame, such a disappointment!
If (like me) if you have dry eyelids then this product is not for you!
The product does nothing it says it does, aka give your eyeshadow extra intensity, keep it in place all day. It's also very hard to apply liquid eyeliner over the top if it.
I was most excited about it making my eyeshadow colours more intense and that's the thing it does the least.

Over rall does NOT at all live up to the hype and if you have dry eyes like me, should look for a more mostuire based primer (I use Boots No7 eye primer its fantastic)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by centrechic

This is my favorite of the Eye Primer Potions. The color is like my skintone except shimmery, which gives my shadows a little kick! If you don't want color interferance, put a very thin layer of the potion on your lids and blend, blend, blend. If you don't want to blend it into your skin, use shadows in the brown and pink family.