October 31, 2014 | 845 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

what in the world was UD thinking with this one? the primer potion, sin, is a metallic champagne colour that is apparently meant to make your shadows more shimmery (which is something UD shadows need LESS of, considering what frosty bombs they are) - i think this is the worst. it's so weird looking & to me, dries much faster than the regular primer does, meaning i have to work quick with application & blending. i also really, really hate the packaging with the primers because they are such a rip off. seriously. next time you think you've finished your UDPP, cut it in half with a knife & you will see LOADS of product caked to the inside of it. thanks, UD. for letting me waste my money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by sammycansing01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Urban Decay's Primer Potion in Sin is pretty and sparkly!! I tried it on at my local Sephora and bought it instantly!! It's a shiny champagne look that works really well. I spread it all over my lid and brow area. It's so strong that it could also act as a eyeshadow! This primer doesn't crease and will be a definite buy again. Plus, the bottle is so cute!! I will also be thinking of buying the Original or Eden version:)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by leopardskinny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a devotee of the original Primer Potion, it keeps my eyeshadow on all day no matter how hot it is in our sweaty office. After I had finished my tube I went to buy another as usual, and spotted this Sin version. Sin is easily my favourite eyeshadow from UD so I snapped this up straight away. First of all, I wish they would get the squeezy 'pro' tube design and make it universal, packaging sucks. That aside, I was instantly happy with my purchase, as on the basis of my results with the original I knew this would work.

Well that's what I thought. For some reason, and who knows how, this doesn't keep my eyeshadow on all day. About 4 hours into the day my lids were oily and my shadow was creased as if I hadn't even used primer. I was so surprised that this was so sucky, I might have been better just using a thin layer of colourstay as primer! On its own, no shadow, it looked really natural, pretty and gave me that polished look. However it didn't last either. Maybe my lids are just too oily for this, but I wouldn't buy again just for the pretty look it gives for a few hours. Personally I would rather buy a bottle of regular UDPP and a single Sin eyeshadow. Very disapointed, would not buy again or reccomend.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by mandynunez

I am so sorry to say this, but I HATED this product. It is SO shimmery and glittery! Fallout was EVERYWHERE on my face, and I NEVER use shimmery eye shadow.I had first heard about this, I rushed to Sephora, swabbed a bit on the back on my hand, thought it had an amazing color and then bought it! I really wish I hadn't! It is so much product, and it starts smelling funny very quickly. I'm going to try Palladio's primer and see how that goes. :( I wish I could get my money back!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by makeupfeverobessiveness

This is the first eye primer I've tried, I liked the colour and evened out my dark eyes but sadly it creeses within about 3-4 hours which is annoying as its a primer and its meant to stay on even without eye shadow. I would not recommend for oily skin types like me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2011 9:58:00 AM More reviews by heavenscent1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mainly for the color - it's an awesome champagne color that looks great on my eyes. Works great as a base to prevent creasing, just like the original UDPP. But, adds a nice hint of color and shimmer. One lippie off for the packaging - I wish it came in a normal tube like too faced shadow insurance.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by smlrck26

I recently finished up a small tube of this from a set of four of their primers. I loved this one the most. I can use it alone for a great neutral look that is good for work. An added plus is that this doesn't look horrible under that terrible office lighting. For me this does make shadow last longer but it does show through if I use a sheer and/or light color (common sense). I got the XL sized tube from Sephora.com and the wider stance makes easier to handle...plus it's a better value anyway if you plan to use it often like me.

I will keep buying it as long as it exists. For me, it makes my beauty routine shorter, it lasts all day, and the color flatters my pink toned fair skin.

The only downside is the packaging but like I said the XL tube is way easier to work with.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by ktu64

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh my goodness, I wanted to love this so so much... but I couldn't.
Let's start wth the packaging: brutal, just as you would expect from a genie-shaped bottle. Plus the wand brush was sooo annoying. Not only that, but mine broke at the bottom and leaked all over the rest of my makeup bag... which still hasn't come out. I still have no idea how the bottle broke... Definitely buying the TFSI just for the tube now.
Oh, and for the product itself? I have to give it credit for keeping my shadow on all day, and not budging too much. However IMO it definitely underperformed: eyeshadow didn't blend as smooth/brightly as I'd expected, the colour and shimmer didn't exactly flatter my beige-tan skin and it was just a hassle to put on after dealing with the wand and smoothing out the product, it had practically dried on my eyelids. Overall, I'm going to be sticking with my HG tube of TFSI :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by normaestrada19

Sin is a beautiful, shimmery, neutral color on it's own, but too bad it does not have the same staying power as the original. Now that I have it and will not be able to return it, I guess I can leave it in my makeup bag for mornings when I am on the run and need a primer that doubles as an eyeshadow. But again, I want to reinforce that this and, for that matter, all the other eyeshadow based UDPP do not have the same staying power as the original.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by magee5880

This product is so awesome. I was hesitant to purchase it since I purchase more mac products. Anyhow, this is completely something that I have been looking for. You can wear the product alone and leave it simple or you can use it as a primer and expect lasting results with your eyeshadow. This is the best primer I have ever purchased so far. If you want your eyeshadow to last with no crease and want a little shimmer to your eyelid this is the product for you.