Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Synthetic Beeswax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (VEGAN)

on 3/19/2011 11:59:00 AM

I have been a fan of UDPP since I first laid my grubby little paws on the unusual shaped tube... So when Sin came out I was among the first to run to the shops to buy my own tube of shimmery goodness...
But oh, how wrong was I? It looks lovely when it first goes on and then creases hideously within a couple of hours! It didn't matter how little or how much I put on, no matter if I used eyeshadow on top or not - it creased.
Urban Decay - how could you make such a useless eyeshadow primer potion? I am so disappointed :(
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone and I definately won't be purchasing it again - my tube was still almost completely full and it went in the bin without a second thought.

on 3/5/2011 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I received a mini with my Summer of Love ES palette, and I think the product itself is fantastic. I love the shade, it doesn't crease (as I've read happens with other people), and I appreciate how it enhances satins and frosts. My only beef with it is the packaging. It's cute, sure, but it's not very functional. Just how much product do you wind up throwing away because your wand isn't touching anything anymore? I shudder to think. Much as I love the product, I probably won't buy because of the packaging.

on 2/26/2011 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

The color of this primer is nice.
It's a shimmery-champaign color that could even be worn alone on the lid with no eyeshadows.

However, this thing creased on my like crazy.

I would apply it (sheerly), I don't like building it up, then I would come after 4-5 hours and the eyeshadows on my eyes would be completely wiped off and gather in the crease of my eye.

The original primer potion worked on me, this didn't.

I love Sin! (not sinning, but the Primer Potion.) It's a wonderful light shimmery champagne/barely there pink color on it's own, Makes shadows stick like glue all day long! Also, I feel like it enhances my shimmery shadows. Easy to apply and makes my shadows blend like a dream. Two thumbs up from me. Oh, also, I don't mind the packaging. It might not be the most convenient in the world, but it's not the least, either. Plus it looks cute in your makeup bag. Buy it. You'll like it.

on 2/16/2011 1:40:00 PM

Pros:
- pretty color
- can be built up
- dries fast

Cons:
- powder e/s doesn't last on top, creases w/in 4hrs
- packaging. still the ridiculous genie bottle

Overall rating: 3
Price: $18
Packaging: 2. Hard to get all the products out w/out cutting the tube
Repurchase? No.

The color of this primer potion is just like the UD shadow in sin. It's this medium pinky golden champagne color. It's very very pretty, and can be applied as sheer or as opaque as you want. This can be used alone on days where you just want to look a little more polished than the bare naked lids, or it can be used under similar toned e/s to bring out the color and shimmer. This was personally a dud for me because as a primer potion, this did not measure up to the original UDPP. The texture of UDPP sin is more slippery, and my e/s creased after only 4 hrs of wear compared to 10+ hrs of the original.

It didn't work for me as a shadow base/primer. But I will use it up as a cream shadow. It's very pretty alone, and it doesn't crease that way. Will not repurchase though.

on 2/11/2011 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love sparkles, so this product is perfect! It makes my sparkly eyeshadow stand out. I even like using Sin by itself, with just eyeliner and mascara. I will definitely repurchase!

on 2/9/2011 11:20:00 AM

Good to use as a primer/eyeshadow base when going out at night. Helps keep makeup on and looks great! Only tiny amounts of potion is needed to get a lot of shimmer. Packaging, as we all know, could be better to maximize the amount of product used.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

what in the world was UD thinking with this one? the primer potion, sin, is a metallic champagne colour that is apparently meant to make your shadows more shimmery (which is something UD shadows need LESS of, considering what frosty bombs they are) - i think this is the worst. it's so weird looking & to me, dries much faster than the regular primer does, meaning i have to work quick with application & blending. i also really, really hate the packaging with the primers because they are such a rip off. seriously. next time you think you've finished your UDPP, cut it in half with a knife & you will see LOADS of product caked to the inside of it. thanks, UD. for letting me waste my money.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Urban Decay's Primer Potion in Sin is pretty and sparkly!! I tried it on at my local Sephora and bought it instantly!! It's a shiny champagne look that works really well. I spread it all over my lid and brow area. It's so strong that it could also act as a eyeshadow! This primer doesn't crease and will be a definite buy again. Plus, the bottle is so cute!! I will also be thinking of buying the Original or Eden version:)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am a devotee of the original Primer Potion, it keeps my eyeshadow on all day no matter how hot it is in our sweaty office. After I had finished my tube I went to buy another as usual, and spotted this Sin version. Sin is easily my favourite eyeshadow from UD so I snapped this up straight away. First of all, I wish they would get the squeezy 'pro' tube design and make it universal, packaging sucks. That aside, I was instantly happy with my purchase, as on the basis of my results with the original I knew this would work.

Well that's what I thought. For some reason, and who knows how, this doesn't keep my eyeshadow on all day. About 4 hours into the day my lids were oily and my shadow was creased as if I hadn't even used primer. I was so surprised that this was so sucky, I might have been better just using a thin layer of colourstay as primer! On its own, no shadow, it looked really natural, pretty and gave me that polished look. However it didn't last either. Maybe my lids are just too oily for this, but I wouldn't buy again just for the pretty look it gives for a few hours. Personally I would rather buy a bottle of regular UDPP and a single Sin eyeshadow. Very disapointed, would not buy again or reccomend.

Video Reviews & Tutorials