July 30, 2014 | 1118 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

At first I thought this was amazing, but then I realised that it made my NC40/42 skin look grey and made me look washed out, and the colour itself had orange undertones. A shame, because the texture was quite good, it lasted a fair time, and the price was inexpensive.

EDIT: OK, I take it back. I changed foundations and also got a bit of a tan, and this looks much better now. It now comes up as a warm light-medium pink nude on me. The formulation isn't as good as high-end brands, in that it doesn't last as long, but it's the best budget lipstick I've ever found.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by sweetcuppincakes

BEST MLBB! It looks sophisticated and could easily be casual or worn for a night out. I'm half-asian NW25, but it'd probably look good on anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by TheBexExpress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually really really like this, it's pretty much my-lips-but-better. Probably the closest I've come to that. And I do like the formula- I've never found it streaky, even if it's more drying than MAC, and I find they layer up really easily. I WILL be buying this one again, as I've not only almost worn it down to a stump but also squished it up against the top of the packaging (something that seems to keep happening to my Revlon Mattes, might be a packaging thing somehow!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product, but it didn't work out for me.

I like MAC's matte and satin finish lipsticks and was hoping that this formula would compare in terms of pigmentation. I have tan skin and this color is just about as nude as I can go (it probably isn't "nude" if you have lighter skin than me). I was expecting a creamier formula, but found that this applied a bit streaky on my lips, and I have to blend it in with my finger to ensure an even application. I wouldn't say this is a sheer lipstick, but it isn't totally opaque, either. My deep lip color still shows through, which doesn't look good when the lipstick starts to fade. It doesn't last long on the lip, either.

Maybe my expectations were too high for this product, but I was unfortunately not impressed with the color and formula.

I want to give this a 2.5, but I'll round up to a 3 since the color would probably work better for me if I had a lighter complexion.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2010 9:52:00 AM More reviews by pinkrose838

I love the idea of the matte line from Revlon, but this just didn't cut it for me. As a swatch, it looks like a pretty pinky mauve. On my lips, its a horrible orangy pink. It's also extremely cakey, something even a gloss can't cover up. Would definitely not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Asheema

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cant say it was love at first sight.I bought it for the color but I hated the formula .Now I understand matte lipstick tend to be on drying side,but it was too much.So it just sat in my drawer for a long time up till recently.I accidentally picked it up while playing with my makeup .These days we have hot weather and I guess it has something to do with that.Its applies beautifully and the color is awesome on NC 35-NC40 skin.Pick it up.You will love it

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by gate403

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I can't speak for other shades, but I know for sure this is an amazing MLBB nude lip for NC35 NC37 NC40 with pigmented-ish lips. Looks gorgeous on south asians. If you are too dark to pull off the nude lippies that work on pale women, this is for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by taradrienne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick color matched my lips perfectly. They actually make my lips look flawless, and like I'm not wearing any lipstick. [: This is probably the most wearable color in the Revlon Matte collection, so if you're stuck choosing colors, go with this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by sweetascandy009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this color! It's a complete MLBB color and I love that it's matte. To be honest, I haven't been reaching for this too much lately as I've wanted a bit more gloss/shimmer but I will definitely say this is in my top 5 out of my 20+ lipsticks. The formula is great and non-drying and the color doesn't settle into lines. It's amazing and sooo natural. Great for starters with lipsticks and for those who just want a flawless polished look without looking like they're wearing too much makeup or trying too hard.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by ragazza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is now my all time favourite lippie. The colour is just gorgeous. On me it is a true mauve and I'm lovin' the matte look. It is sexy! Staying power is awesome. I don't really have a problem with it drying out my lips. I am the queen of Vaseline so my lips are always well hydrated. I always apply a thin layer of Clairns Extra Firming Lip & Contour Balm and the results are just perfect! There is no scent which I love. Revlon lipsticks rock!! I would definitely buy this again and my next purchase will be Fabulous Fig.