Essie Mademoiselle

4.4

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 9/14/2010 1:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I did 2 coats of this with OPI start to finish top coat and I love it! it has just a tiny hint of pink, and looks like a very high shine natural nail.

on 8/31/2010 4:39:00 PM

My all-time favorite nail polish color - a classic french nude that looks excellent on any hand complexion and a must for any nail polish collection.

on 8/24/2010 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This was my first ever essie, and it sure got me hooked! I got it from a salon who use it (with Moonstruck) for their french polishes. I love just using it on its own though, it has a very natural, healthy looking nail colour.

on 8/18/2010 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Another perfect french-nude-pink from Essie. A staple in my collection. Looks great on any skin tone. Highly recommend.

on 8/10/2010 9:46:00 PM

I bought this nail polish based on reviews that said it makes your nails look polished and naturally healthy. And it absolutely does! This is my first Essie nail polish and I'm quite pleased with it. I found that if applies easily (no streaking for me), dries to a glossy finish and lasts just short of 7 days for me; keep in mind I wash dishes, clean, etc. all the time. My only real complaint with it is that it seemed to take a long time to dry compared to my drugstore polishes. I highly recommend this for a natural, sheer look.
EDIT: I just found out that this product still contains formaldehyde, which I don't want in my nail polish. I will not repurchase this product or any other Essie product due to this toxicity. Surprisingly, OPI nail polishes are "healthier" than Essie (according to cosmeticsdatabase), so I'll look there for a sheer pink.

on 7/30/2010 1:37:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Mademoiselle is very nice if you are looking for a sheer polish with out shimmer or glitter. This polish gives my nails a lovely clean look. I use two coats for a nice shiney look.

on 7/26/2010 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

If you're expecting a good color payoff, you'll be disappointed. This is clear-but-better. It's extremely sheer, but with a wonderful formula that doesn't streak (you have to try really hard to get noticeable streaking) and in a color that doesn't say much on its own, but makes your nails look brighter and healthier by smoothing out blemishes and evening out skin tone.

For French or American manicures, this is THE sheer to use. I couple this with Marshmallow tips and it makes my nails look 100x healthier-- they almost glow!

on 7/19/2010 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is the classic sheer light pink nail that makes your nails look shiny, finished, classic and clean. Like glass but nicer. It doesn't shade to the yellow which is nice if you've been playing with colour too much and gotten stained.

Even if you have warm toned skin and think a beige might be better in a sheer think again. Beige sheers tend to look yellowish, while this simply looks glossy, clean and sheer with a slight pink cast to it.

It wears like cast iron, and won't show chips. It doesn't need an undercoat, it won't yellow the nail, and even if you struggle with ridges or other nail imperfections it goes on like a jelly, transparent and lovely making your nails look like they were born perfect.

And quite important for a sheer, it DOES NOT STREAK! Most of the reviews for other sheers by Essie mentioned in magazines such as first wife, ballet slippers etc do mention some streaking. OPI sheers are very prone to streaking. Mademoiselle doesn't streak. Period!

It is foundation for nails, the ultimate classic. it's the quick zap onto bare nails before heading out the door. It's the one you pack knowing it will take you anywhere.

I'd never be without it.

on 7/5/2010 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Now that I have nails on my fingers again--thank you Revlon Post Trauma Nail Treatment--it was time for some polish. As I'd moved house twice and thrown stuff out (like old polish) since the last time I had nails.

Mademoiselle does exactly what is wanted: a milky creamy sheer pale pink, no sparkles or any other funny stuff, just shiny and subtle and polished. MNBB. Nails here being light-coloured--basically this shade--with slight violet undertone.

It's not an exciting colour: work-appropriate, probably perfect for job interviews, meeting future in-laws, funerals, weddings, any other occasion where one just needs to be a bit groomed. Maybe even sober and respectable. OK, sobriety probably rules out most of these sorts of occasions, but you get the picture. (And I can't wear anything other than nail-coloured polish on my hands, or it gets very distracting when working.)

Above all, on these paler hands anyway, it looks lovely.

Applies like a dream, no streaks or bubbles. Stays on for ages. Great stuff.

Not expensive, I paid around $5. Big 3 Free. Company is cruelty-free (but was just bought a few months back by L'Oréal and the testing policy is changing: not disastrous, still no testing on finished products; older--indeed, Classic--formulations like this one will be a safe bet for the future).

INGREDIENTS: Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain [about every colour in the rainbow, AND IT'S ALL BLINKINGWELL IN BLINKING 1-POINT TYPE IN A TEENY 4-PAGE BOOKLET ATTACHED TO THE BOTTOM OF THE BOTTLE, 1" ACROSS!!! *sigh*]: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant) continued >>

on 6/23/2010 12:50:00 PM

I love all Essie polishes. Especially the lighter colors. This shade is beautiful. There is no streaking, which I really like because that is a huge problem with most lighter color polish. I also like that I can put on multiple coats to build the color, depending on how pale or dark I want it to be, without issues with it bubbling or chipping.

Top Rated Essie Products