April 20, 2014 | 1316 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is actually the first Essie polish I ever tried and subsequently bought. It is a beautiful sheer pink that goes on flawless. I usually do three coats because I such fair skin that I need an extra boost for it to show up. I do not like very bold manicures so this color completely fits with that. It is classy while still being fun. My go to polish for my fingernails and one of my most used polishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by mgonza30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Its SHEER, natural-like, almost nude with a touch of pink. I love this color and it is a staple. It makes for a clean look. I might die if Essie discontinues this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by PrincessKim

First and foremost: This color is meant to be SHEER! If you're looking for an opaque pink, look elsewhere! That said, this is a great color that makes for a classy, polished look. I especially like it because it's low-maintenance. Two coats of Mademoiselle, and you're good for about a week, give or take. I despise French manicures (I just think they have a bad/tacky sorority girl look to them sometimes), but I do love this color on its own.

The staying power is amazing! I have been wearing Mademoiselle for six days. Yesterday, I scrubbed my bathroom until it sparkled, using cleaning products, scrubby sponges, and no gloves. I even got down on my hands and knees and cleaned the floors with cleaning spray and paper towels. My nail polish is STILL flawless.

I've already bought several bottles of this from Essie's web site and had it shipped to some local women's shelters. If that's not a vote of confidence, I don't know what is. Mademoiselle is a beautiful, long-lasting color. I will definitely be buying this for a long time to come, and I highly recommend it.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by xxMakeUpJunkiexx

Mademoiselle is my go-to color for a French mani. I'm not one of those people who like that "clear nail" look on a French mani; I prefer a more pinkish tone, and this one is great! It's really nice & gives u a great classy, elegant, & chic look. I'm not a fan of this color by itself, its a little too shear for me, but 2 coats of this for a French will definitely do the trick for that hint of pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by jamerlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This color is my favorite for looking polished (no pun intended) and clean. It isn't meant to be an opaque light pink, like OPI Sweetheart or Mod About You, rather a healthy, glossy looking top coat to make you look "done". This is basically my job interview/meet the parents polish. I also request this if I am at a salon getting a french manicure because it is the perfect base for crisp white tips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 4:49:00 AM More reviews by bluenote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sometimes when I apply an Essie nailpolish, all I get are streaks. This is the case with many of the brights and the more "fun" metallics. Not so with the nudes like Mademoiselle. This applies sheerly but completely evenly and dries to a perfect, natural finish. A staple, no matter what other nail trends I'm following.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by ruqayya33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

What a lovely pale pink, glossy np - slightly darker than Ballet Slippers.

One coat gives me a nude glossy look. Two coats gives my nails a glossy pale pink/nude look. To avoid any streaking, I apply this over a good base coat - like Essie's Sensitive.

With a coat of Essie's Waltz or Marshmallow on the tip, this makes a great french mani.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by anooshka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely sheer colour. It's really just a wash of pale, pale pink over the nails. Don't even bother trying to make it opaque because that's not the point of this polish, but at 2-3 coats (I prefer 2!), it creates a classy, glossy look to the nails. No streaks at all, which is awesome, though I do wish the brush was a little wider to make application a bit easier. Drying time at 2 coats is average and I top it wish Poshe or Seche Vite to speed up drying. I've tried a LOT of sheers from OPI, Essie, etc and with my dark, olive skin tone most look a little off and like I'm trying too hard. This one is just right and I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was a little gun shy about trying this color because I have had so many disappointments with streaky, too opaque sheer polishes (Essie sheers in particular). I breathed a sigh of relief when Mademoiselle went on relatively streak free (can still see a couple of faint streaks, but much more smooth than any other MNBB color I own). Mademoiselle is a pretty sheer mid pink - not as milky or pale as Zoya Sabrina or OPI Bubble Bath, but also not as streaky. I can definitely see myself using this color a lot and can understand why so many people like it. The formula dries quickly to a nice, shiny finish. Will more than likely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by shirl195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

yeah. the picture says it all. i didnt think itd work for me because i am very dark and olive toned, and i thought this was more of a fair girls type of polish but i was wrong. this is the definition of class to me, slightly pink healthy color on nails that looked polished, groomed and clean. very subtle and elegant. works for ALL skin tones. best money you can spend. my coworkers always never know that i have nail polish on, they always compliment me on my naturally beautiful nails.
note: with a basecoat and topcoat, pretty chip resistant. last me about a week. but even when they do chip, the color is so sheer you don't notice it