August 21, 2014 | 1837 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by taolyang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was late to jump onto this Hourglass Primer that is constantly being raved left and right. So when I finally got my VIB $20 off, I was going to buy the full size but my sister suggest I try the small version first and thank god she did.

This is by the far the worst primer I have ever used. In less than 4 hours I've never seen my face so oily that you can literally collect oil droppings! My foundation by itself last about 5 hours but fades in a way that doesn't look too bad and not like the tray underneather a Foreman Grill. I'm so disappointed!

I can't say don't buy this because everyone's skin is different but I'm certainly not buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by chrissystyles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really don't understand the positive reviews that this primer receives. I have fair skin that is normal/combination (not acne prone or hormonal). I wear this under my Laura Mercier foundation. While it does make the application last longer, and provides a more even, flawless finish, I am guaranteed a cystic acne breakout every time. The first few times I couldn't be sure - I caulked it up to weather, my foundation, skin habits, etc. But I get the same kinds of pimples every.single.time I use this primer. Wouldn't risk it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2012 5:50:00 AM More reviews by Ravishingx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this @ Sephora 3 months ago and I absolutely LOVED this primer.

It went on like moisturizer, dried within an instant, and the lavender sub tone helped with some minor color correction. I found that it really gave my skin a SMOOTH appearance, gone were my pores + dry patches of acne. I was able to apply foundations super smooth, silky, and natural. It also helped my foundation last a little bit longer. Half way through the sample jar it stopped working! Nothing changed in my usage or regimen. It just stopped impressing me. It was making me SO oily and my makeup would just slide off in a matter of 2 hours. I decided to not purchase the full size

Months later I got another sample of it to give it a second chance. I had the same phase of first loving it and then all of a sudden it failing!

This week I decided to pick up the primer in the mini beauty to go size. I always shake the bottle for a minute to help it mix nicely, then apply a small pump to my whole face. Again, it is just making me an oily mess!

I have a love hate relationship with this primer. Sometimes it makes me look like I have doll skin and others it leaves me looking like a total mess.

This is a primer you HAVE to sample and try at least 7x before you get the full bottle.

I won't be repurchasing this. I have given it to many chances. Yes, I agree it is impressive but for some reason the product integrity wears away dramatically over time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by mzdynamite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

i have extremely oily skin---by extremely oily i mean blotting every 2 hours. i'm also acne prone and i have light scarring. it's terrible. i've tried lots of primers---bare minerals, makeup for ever, smashbox, and they usually keep me ok for 4 hours then i have to blot.

i read the reviews for hourglass and i had to try it. and i havent gone back since. im onto my 2nd bottle. ive had days where i forgot to apply it before my makeup and my tzone is nuts after a couple hours. its so soft, velvety and smooth. blends well, and is sheer. a little goes a long way.

so my oil free makeup routine which has been working exceptionally for the past year is: light daytime moisturizer (oil free of course, i use desert essence oil control moisturizer), hourglass primer, MUFE mat foundation, then i dust myself off with TARTE smooth operator in white. with this combination, ive been able to avoid overly greasy faces for at least 6 hours. i still blot in the middle of the day but it is not nearly as bad as it used to be.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by dreachua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product! It's very velvety, smooth, and it has SPF! I use less than a pea size for my whole face because the product spreads very well.

WARNING: Wait a few minutes before putting on your foundation. If you don't your skin will start to look cracked.

I have the large bottle (which is quite expensive). But I haven't reached the halfway mark yet and I've had it for a few months already. I use it almost everyday.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If I could give this primer 10 lippies I would. This is the only primer that has ever worked for me and I have tried many from drugstore to higher end.

A wonderful woman who works at my local Sephora always offers me great suggestions on products that I end up adoring and this is one of them! While browsing the Hourglass section she gave me a generous sample of this. The sample lasted me about a week and I did not have any new blemishes after using it.

It is silicone based so it does leave that smooth, silicon-y feeling on the skin. The liquid is very light and settles quickly and to a semi-matte finish.

This makes my Dr. Jart black label BB cream last ALL day on my combo skin. Before this I was using the smashbox photofinish lite which was not only breaking me out severely, but also making my skin look blotchey by the end of the day.

My main issue with this product is the price. The full size is 1 oz and costs almost 60 dollars. The smaller one is 18 and is around 0.3 ounces. But I am going to continue to purchase it because it works so well for me.

UPDATE: So I have come to the realization that this was breaking me out. It may have something to do with the fact that it is silicone based (Cyclopentasiloxane being the first ingredient) and my skin does not get along with that. :'(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Definitely, the best silicone primer I have ever used. This actually minimizes my pores, keeps my face matte and holds my foundation on. And it does not cause my combination skin to break out. Love that it has a mineral based sunscreen in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by xiufey88

I got the most luxury sample from Sephora. I had it over 2 weeks, and I am still using them! This is my HG, after I tested with all my liquid foundation and TM. It works with everything, I mean EVERYTHING! I have combo skin, very oily nose area and very dry cheeks. This primer keeps my nose oil free for almost 5 full hours without using blotting paper. It also smooth out my dry patches for a bit, so made my foundation application goes on much easier. This primer also made my foundation last much longer. I used under Mac machmaster, Bobbi Brown long Wear even finish foundation, Lancome Teint Miracle, Dior Nude skin, they all work much better with this primer. I don’t have hug noticeable pores, and yes this primer won’t cover your pores as many review said. I think this will be the only down side for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

I have far too many good reviews on primers, but THIS ONE IS MY HG. I am a huge sucker for silicone-y primers, because they feel so cool/good on my skin..soooo I tried a ton like that (Smashbox, Too Faced, etc.) I liked all of them because of how they felt, and did notice that they made my foundation last a bit longer, but THIS PRIMER holds my makeup like no other. I apply this and my foundation seriously barley budges all day long. It does not feel as good as silicone primers when you apply it, but it is still very smooth on the skin and dries quickly. Also, it has SPF! I have the small travel size of this since I'm just now trying it out. I am sooooo going to get the big size when I'm out, even if it leaves a hole in my wallet. All you primer junkies, if you are looking for something that will make your foundation stay put all day long, you must try this out. The only thing that is not amazing about it is the price!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by TrueTatiana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Have gone through a couple sample bottles and a whole full-sized one and can say for sure that it makes my combo skin look very dry and wrinkled ( I am 27 for the record). Because I tend to layer a lot of products it took me a long time to figure out what was causing the extra-dryness. I will not be repurchasing this.