October 21, 2014 | 2074 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by um3bosh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been searching for a primer to control my very oily skin for months. I had been using Mac's Prep and Prime Protect SPF 50 until the formula changed. I sampled multiple oil-control primers from Sephora (Murad, Roth, Clinique, Korres) and some drugstore brands (Boots, Cetaphil) from Target over the course of a few months. I finally settled on the Hourglass and I love it. Interestingly, it has Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide, two ingredients that, as I recall, were in the Mac Prep and Prime and removed and replaced by chemical sunscreens. Now I'm wondering if those sunscreen ingredients don't also have oil-control properties. None of the other primers I tried worked very well, and none of them had these two ingredients. The primer feels wonderful on my skin, although this is really of secondary importance to me as I care the most about oil control. It's more expensive than the Mac Prep & Prime, but I use less of it. I use this under a mineral foundation by Physician's Formula or under Sonia Kashuk's tinted moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by rpairan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This stuff does what it says! It stays helps your makeup stay all day and helps control oil. I have pretty dry skin exept in my t-zone and eyelids and this works all over. The only down side is when it starts to go bad it broke me out...bad. I'll buy the smaller size for the summer since that is when I need the most help keeping my face on, espically when I work with a summer camp (I live in the hot south).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by jalyne8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Excellent product! Perfect for a shine free face all day plus sunscreen! This trully keeps your makeup looking fresh all day. Absolutely no fading.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by graceyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this primer. I think i noticed a decrease
In the oilyness of my skin, and it didnt break me out. But THE WHITE CAST!! My already pale Skin looked so white and pasty. Dont buy unless you can tolerate looking like a ghost

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by ButrflyGrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

$60 for anything is a lot of dough but I thought I would give this a try because it has great reviews AND I had my fingers crossed that my sensitive-skin-that's-allergic-to-everything-but-air skin would tolerate it because it's...minerals. Wrong. This product does make my makeup go on flawlessly and stay put fr a few hours BUT, the three times I've used it, I've had a breakout. Coincidence? I think not. I also noticed my face seemed to be a little bit oiler. I wanted to love this but unfortunately, my skin did not.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

This did nothing. My makeup looked cakey and bad as usual. Just a bunch of overpriced chemicals.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by asiavercetti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have oily skin. I've tried many face primers including: Smashbox, Too Faced primed & poreless, Make up Forever, and a few others. Those were okay, but this primer is the best of the best! It kept my skin looking fresh all day (mind you, I work in a restaurant so I'm constantly running around), neutralized my acne scars, and made my foundation go on smoothly. It is also formulated without sulfates, parabens, and synthetic fragrances. But what I liked the MOST about this primer is the consistency. Unlike all the other primers I tried which were gel or cream, this is a liquid. It makes it quicker to apply and spread around your face. The only con may be the price. It comes in a 0.33 oz size for $18 and a 1 oz size for $52. I recommend you try the smallest size first like I did. I've used it for a month and it's still plenty left!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by xmegannn

Best primer I've used so far! This feels soooo good on my skin. It feels like rubbing velvet onto my skin. It makes it so soft and helps my makeup stay matte all day. And my skin is extremely oily. I also love that it comes with SPF!

This is a little pricey ($52 for 1oz) but I say it's worth it. It works and is amazing. A little goes a long way, I usually only need a pump to cover my entire face. I have really acne-prone skin and I'm not sure if this product or my foundation is giving me small breakouts. Not any serious acne but some bumps on my chin and around my nose.

Overall, I would purchase this item again because I think it's the best primer on the market and it works!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Lisa1000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this primer based on Paula Begoun's review. There are a lot of things to like about it (e.g., the ingredients, the SPF, the packaging), but I have to give it a low rating because I cannot wear it without looking like a raisin by the end of the day. I've never had a product dry my skin out to such an extent. I've tried wearing it over different moisturizers and I can get it to work in the summer, but now that it's winter and the air is dryer it just sucks the moisture out of my face. I'd definitely recommend trying this in a sample size before you buy it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have tried a bunch of primers and they all did not perform well or made me break out. I tried Too Faced Primed and Poreless oil free, Bare Minerals, Bobbi Brown, Urban Decay, Estee Lauder, Murad, and finally asked the MA at sephora for suggestions. She suggested the Hourglass and I love it!!!

The container is sanitary and has a pump dispenser which i love for sanitary reasons but hate because i feel like when the product gets low a lot is wasted.

Application is a dream it goes on smoothly and makes my skin look amazing, poreless, and takes care of fine lines (almost good enough to skip foundation)!

Long lasting - goes for about 12 hours before i start to see any issues.

Foundation and / or concealer applies easily over the primer.

Wonderful product! Can't say enough about it.