Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. Other Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina

on 1/4/2014 1:48:00 AM

This is a great primer. It leaves your skin so smooth, shine-free and minimises your pores before make-up application. I find that your makeup lasts forever, and stays in place all day. You end up looking just as good at the end of the day as you did in the morning!

The only downfall is the cost - it's expensive at about $79 a bottle.

The other annoying thing is it leaves a white veil on your skin so you can look a bit ghostly! You need to put makeup over the top to eliminate any of the whiteness.

The applicator pump bottle is not great. You tend to get a lot of wastage which is frustrating when you're paying so much for the product. I often have to unscrew the lid, and scrape it out to make sure I'm getting use of all the primer.

Other than the cost and application, this is a great product. I've got my friends onto it and they haven't looked back.

First let me start by saying I have combination skin, I tend to be more oily then I prefer! My typical work day starts at 4am and I usually get home around 6:30-7:00pm. I am professional hairstylist and makeup artist. So my makeup has to last me through these long hour days (12-15hrs) with the heat of blow drying and pampering another individual. So Iv been on the hunt for a great primer, I have used tons of different products but nothing was keeping me matte and my shine was breaking through and I would look like a wet mess! Then I was out shopping at Sephora and came across the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, i pumped a little out and rubbed it in on the back of hand and it felt like silk or satin! It was amazing! So I bought it and I'm so happy I did! I can't go on with out it! This primer leaves my makeup fresh and matte through out my long work days. It makes my skin feel so precious! It literally feels like satin on my face! The packaging is wonderful and it's a bit pricey but totally worth it. You only need to pump a small amount, that should give you plenty to prime with. I also use this product on all my clients that I do makeup on and I always make them feel their skin after I apply it and then we just rave over how great it is! Lol

After research and reading the reviews I was hesitant to buy this, the price and some of the iffy reviews definitely had me questioning if this was worth it-thankfully at my local sephora store they had 2 boxes left of the set for $25 which include this primer + the no 28 primer serum.
This primer is white, looks and feels like lotion but once you spread it on your face WOW! It is so soft and makes your face feel like...clouds haha. I love it, and my face is less oily more fresh dewy looking, and its kept my foundation in place and looking good!
Im definitely going to be purchasing the big bottle once I run out-its worth it!

on 12/29/2013 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wrote a review on this and came back to change it. I have been using this primer a lot lately since it has sunscreen in it and I have been spending more time outdoors. I am allergic to a lot of sunscreen ingredients, but whatever is in this Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, I am not allergic to. (Yay!) What more can a girl with hypersensitive skin ask for? I also like that it is compatible with my MAC Studiofix Fluid foundation; because with this primer used as a base, it allows my foundation to glide on and sink into my face effortlessly. I love everything about this primer except the price! (A little more expensive than I think is necessary.)

EDIT: I almost forgot: One more thing I do NOT like about this primer is the packaging. A nice glass bottle with a pump, BUT~ when the product is almost empty, it is nearly impossible to get the last few applications out of the bottle. You have to take the pump out and wipe the product onto the back of your hand to try to get the remaining product left near the bottom of the bottle. For what this stuff costs, it is a crime to throw so much in the garbage just because the applicator does not enable you to have access to every last, expensive, precious drop. Something Hourglass should really work on improving...

on 12/22/2013 11:21:00 PM

I love this primer! I purchased it from Mecca Maxima and instantly became obsessed with it!
I have combination skin with oily T Zone and the occasional dry patches on my cheeks. My skin is also sensitive - I sometimes even have reactions to 'sensitive skin' products (yep, it sucks!).
Anyways, the Pros and Cons of this magical primer -

Pros:
- It feels like rubbing silk on your skin.
- It masks my pores.
- It is water resistant and ensures my makeup lasts all day.
- It controls the shine in my T Zone (and I have a horrendously oily T Zone)
- You only little a little bit when applying, so a bottle lasts a long time.
- Foundation applies silky smooth over the top.
- It's fragrance free - this is a big pro for me!

Cons:
- The price. That is literally the only con I can think of! A bottle of this in Australia will set you back $78.

After using it for a while I began to think that it didn't really make that much of a difference - until one day I forgot to use it under my foundation.
Big mistake! I went shiny, my makeup faded within hours and my pores were having a field day.
So this product is a must for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After months of trying various primers to just have them break me out, or my makeup disappearing half way through the day, I stumbled across Hourglass. The price really made me hesitate in buying this product, and I still can't get over how they can justify charging what they do for this product. I paid $21cdn for 0.33oz which is just crazy.

I had high hopes for this product, and it delivered beautifully. The texture is satiny smooth and application is super easy. Glides on the skin like silk and leaves a super matte finish. Foundation application was effortless and lasted all day. I have super oily skin, so I did have to blot once during the day, which is a miracle for me as I usually have to blot several times a day and use powder to stay matte looking. The big thing for me is that this primer hasn't caused a single breakout. All primers in the past have left me with a few zits which promptly ended my use of that product. I've been using Hourglass for 2 weeks now, not a single zit has appeared. Its great to find a product that is free of parabens, phthalate and synthetic fragrances that can usually cause a breakout or irritation. This is defiantly a HG product for me, and has peaked my interest in trying some of their other products.

on 11/29/2013 11:19:00 PM

I have normal and clear skin--drier in the winter and shinier around the T-zone in the summer but not majorly. I was going to Hawaii in mid-November and thought the primer would keep my make up fresh and matte. I’d tried Smashbox primer a couple of times before my trip but being that it was already cold here in Toronto, it didn’t make a difference in my make up (light sheen on the nose after a few hours). My steps are usually toner, serum, moisturizer, concealer and loose powder or powder foundation.

In Hawaii, the Smashbox didn’t help at all. My face was shiny all over from the heat and humidity. My make up pretty much melted within a couple of hours. I bought this primer with high hopes. I’d switched to Shiseido Pureness Mattifying Moisturizer at the start of the trip. I followed this by my usual sunscreen, primer and then Armani powder foundation. My face was definitely less shiny than when used Smashbox but the forehead still had slight sheen and so was my nose. I was only able to use it on my last 2 days.

When I got back last week the weather here has been around the freezing mark. My skin is now normal to dry. I switched back to my Cle de Peau moisturizer. I tried the primer under just loose powder, Armani powder foundation, Armani Luminous Silk Foundation and even Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation and I found that my nose was still getting shiny about 3 hours after application. When I applied liquid foundation, I'd powder after. I was hoping my make up would stay on fresh but it slid off and pooled on the sides of my nose when I combined the primer with the Hourglass foundation. So if it didn't work so well for my type of skin, I don’t know how it’d work for someone with oily skin. I also got a couple of pimples on my chin and light bumps on my forehead. Not impressed!

on 11/18/2013 11:46:00 PM

Surprisingly and sadly, this primer did nothing for me. I have combination skin with mild acne breakouts around my chin. Aside from any scabs/flakiness on or around any spots, my skin is smooth. When I used this primer, it did not mattify or smooth out the skin around my acne. I got oily and extremely shiny within 2-3 hours (don't live in hot or humid climate) and my makeup slid around and faded patchily - my foundation actually lasted better if I DIDN'T wear any primer at all! I thought that the primer would have also smoothed out the roughness from scabs and made foundation application a bit smoother but that didn't happen for me either.

I bought the mineral veil primer as part of the mini duo which includes the mineral veil and no.28 serum primers and I have to say I'm shocked at how little product there is! I don't if I got a dud product, reshelved returned product, or if there really is just that little product but I've used mine 5 times (each time only using 1 pump) and the bottle is half empty already! The pump doesn't dispense a lot of product at once either (my a full pump of my boscia eye cream dispenses at least double the amount). All in all, a sad dud for me.

on 11/13/2013 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Excellent primer. Did not cause acne, did not dry out my skin and has an amazing silky texture that is light and blends beautifully into the skin. Overall I like the product. It is a bit mattifying which can be a no for some annd the cost ia higher but the product lasts like 4-6 months! :)

on 11/5/2013 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is awesome! I love the fact that you can purchase the smaller less expensive bottle and it will last you a while. This primer beats out all primers! If you have oily skin like I do, this is the primer for you!

I apply this to a clean, toned and moisturized face.. I usually allow my moisturizer to seep into my skin/dry before applying primer... This glides on so smoothly and u don't need a lot of it at all. Just one pump will do. It actually made my pores shrink and kept oils under control! Love this stuff and will be purchasing more!!!

Popular Primer/ Correctors