September 21, 2014 | 2118 users online

Mascara - Clarins - Double Fix

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2005 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Lila2004

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

All the mascaras I love do one thing I hate - they smudge. I have oily lids. An angel recommended Clarins' Fix Mascara to me and I can now wear ANY mascara with NO smudging. It's a whole new world. I don't find that this changes the look of the mascara I use at all.
One lippie off for the obvious : if Clarins can make this wonderful stuff, why can't they make a truly smudgeproof mascara?

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2004 5:20:00 AM More reviews by 1Stephanotis

When I choose mascaras my prerequisite is that it will not smudge until bedtime. I wanted to try Clarins Fix as a safeguard against smudging during the day. This did nothing for my eyelashes and did not prevent smudging.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2004 2:30:00 AM More reviews by calico

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A friend working for Shu Uemura highly recommended this to me. I am using Beaute de Kose's mascara right now, which gives me long and glossy lashes. Problem is, it isn't waterproof and get smudges after a few hours. This product from Clarins really fix that. A few coats makes my mascara stay put with no smudging. It is also colorless, unlike other eyelash primers that comes in an awful white that you need to disguise with coats and coats of mascara. Another plus point is that I can double it up as an eyebrow primer as well. Quite worth it, a product that works. will buy again. UPDATE April 2004: This really works. Was on a trip to freezing cold Poland and despite the snow and rain, my mascara stayed put - no smudges or runs. A MUST-BUY.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2004 4:47:00 PM More reviews by clembert

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was a little skeptical about this at first, but my favorite mascara kept smudging on me, so I decided to give it a try. I love it! It totally seals in the color of my mascara and even adds thickness to my lashes. This is so great for people who love a particular mascara that does not come in a waterproof formula--like me (I use this with Lancome Flextencils). But in order for this to work, you must apply over and under your lashes. Then your mascara will last all day. Make sure you have a good eye makeup remover also--this stuff can be difficult to take off.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2003 2:33:00 PM More reviews by laurlaur814

Great product. I even swam in the pool for quite a long time with this over my mascara--my mascara did not run or smudge AT ALL! It definitely does the trick without the flakes and gross waxiness of regular waterproof mascaras.
UPDATE: Sometimes at night, when my contacts get dry and I can't take them out at the time, I tend to squeeze my eyes closed a lot. Even with this on, my mascara smudged a bit below my right eye. Don't know why it is always my right eye. Anyway, I still love this product, but I reduced the lippies from 5 to 4.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2003 2:21:00 PM More reviews by laurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Did not like this. It really makes mascara waterproof. I didn't like the way my eyelashes looked after applying it. My regular mascara made great job separating my lashes and when I applyed this on my lashes they always became so clumpy and unnatural. It gives such a cheap look. I gave two lippies because I can at least use it as an eyebrow gel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2003 12:39:00 PM More reviews by ikky

I find this product outstanding! It's made of plant wax, and while applied over my regular mascara, it really smudge- and flake-proofs it. It has no color, and doesn't leave lashes feeling stiff. While I always have racoon eyes when wearing mascara, I now have full confidence not to worry about my mascara when I have this on. The packaging is a slick squeezable tube with a fiery red cap. I have to agree that it's so easy to spot among the items in my traincase. Totally recommend. I don't find this hard to remove at all. I like bearly-there mascara, and the one I use is Shu's Mascara Basic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2003 7:33:00 PM More reviews by wombat

if i cannot find a non-smudge mascara, i'll continue to buy this.

a bit expensive for a clear mascara (i think $34 AUD), but it does excellent job at waterproofing.

i think it still will smudges very minorly (u need to look close close to see that) but much better than b4.

BUT NOTE, the SA often doesn't remember to tell u this, to have full effect, u apply it "over" and "under" ur lashes (so every lash is wrapped with it, if u get what i mean, most ppl just use it like a normal mascara and brush it from below ur upper lashes, that won't do!)

however, i have to take 1 lippie off since it's so difficult to remove, (i mean after applying it above another black mascara). i need to use baby oil, or Almay makeup remover, or lancome bifacil a few times to get rid of it completely.

loreal and other drug-store brands makeup remover WILL NOT remove this thing.

the texture is nice though, not too runny for a clear mascara.

but beware that it may make ur lashes a bit stiff... (guess it's the waterproof formula)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2002 4:11:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because my Prescriptives False Eyelashes Mascara was smudging on me. This product definitely stopped the smudging. In fact, I was so pleased with it, that I ran out and bought a tube for a girlfriend who has smudging problems with ALL mascaras - even the waterproof kind.

Still, to be honest, I hate having to spend an additional $16 just because my mascara doesn't do what I want it to (resist smudging). However, if I one day find a mascara I love SO MUCH that I'll put up with a little bit of smudging, I'll definitely invest in this product again.

UPDATE: This doesn't make enough of a difference to be worth the money.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2002 2:52:00 AM More reviews by astral_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

after seeing its advertising in magazines, what could I do but to succumb and buy the mascara. The insert said that it could be used alone or to waterproof and smudgeproof any mascara. On both counts it fails. Using it alone proved sticky and left my eyelashes dull. Over mascara after a few hours smudges. Disappointing.