Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

2.9

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2% Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyethylene, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Carrageenan (Chondrus Crispus) (Carrageenan), C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Disodium EDTA, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Polyquaternium 7, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Polysorbate 20, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Agar, Alumina, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Red 30 (CI 73360), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Violet 2, Fragrance

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got a free sample of this stuff with a purchase of a bottle of foundation. I have occasional breakouts. I used it just ONCE and it gave me horrible little bumps ALL over my face, it made my face feel like I had a fever or something. My face felt swollen, rough and just horrible....COMPLETE NIGHTMARE!!!

on 8/3/2012 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

When I first started using this, I didnt see much of a difference. Then I noticed my skin started getting very dry. No good!! I continued using this product because most of it was still not used. Then one day.. BAM! i noticed my skin was way clearer. I recommend this, but beware. This is drying.. but it works in the end

on 7/1/2012 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Horror story for me. I have always struggled with acne I'll admit my acne is not as servere compared to others but it is moderate and can get really bad sometimes I recently broke out horribly all over my face so I picked this up thinking it would clear and help fight my breakouts WRONG. The smell is nice but after I used it my face became INSANELY dry, now mind you I know acne cleansers can dry the face so I was expecting it but this took it to a whole other level not only did it dry my face it was burning,peeling,stinging it became a mess. I am actually still recovering my face has yet to feel like it use to. The worst part: even with all that stinging and burning my face did not clear up in fact I think this product caused more breakouts. Even when I applied moisturizer by face started burning horribly I was literally applying moisture to my face every few minutes that's how dry it got and this a day after I used it.
Bottom this is a REALLY strong product even with one lippy I would say it could do the job only if you have SERVERE acne if you have moderate acne and blemishes don't use this!! I think I am going to stick to my St.Ives apricot scrub for blemish control way more gentle and WAY more effective.

on 6/27/2012 4:36:00 PM

I've been loving this scrub for the past few weeks. I use it every morning in the shower and it's so refreshing. I've found that my face feels tight afterwards (not in a bad way) and that I do need to use moisturizer afterwards, but I always use a moisturizer anyways. The salicylic acid has seemed to reduce my oily-ness and my skin has been looking and feeling great.

on 6/20/2012 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This product made my skin dry and irritated on the first day I tryed it. I decided to keep using this product to see if I persist on it will have a better outcome. 1-2 weeks later it made my skin bumpy, dry, itchy, red, and rough. I wil defiantly not be repurchasing this product, as instructed on the label: Use twice a day, I use it as instructed and still find no improvement. Also, I find my self layering other moisturizers on top of it. I'm still not sure if I should be using this daily or not. But overall, I personally think this product is not for the sensitive skinned.

on 6/14/2012 12:22:00 AM

Basically anyone who's complaining about this product giving you dry skin doesnt use a facial moisturizer (oil-free). This wash won't leave your skin flaky, peeling or looking liek you've been sunburt and are now peeling. If you arent using a facial moisturizer then yes, any acne wash will dry your skin out!

on 6/12/2012 1:44:00 PM

I honestly love this scrub. I have been using it every morning (and only morning, I use something else at night), and I love it. It makes my skin so smooth. When I first started using it, I noticed some break outs, but I don't if it was because of this or something else. Within a week, they went away, and I have not had any since. The smell is hands down the best part. I am in love with smelling it. Make sure that you rub it in your hands BEFORE you put it on your face. This is necessary. I have sensitive skin, and this does not bother my face in the least bit. It can be a tad drying, but moisturizer fixes that right up. Overall, it is a wonderful a product that recommend highly to everybody!

on 6/9/2012 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product is HORRIBLE!!! It made my skin very icthy, dry and very red/sunburt looking. I heard really good things about this product but, it really didn't work for me. If you have sensitive/acne-prone skin like I have, do NOTTT buy this product.

on 6/7/2012 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I didn't really give this product a chance BUT this product dried out my skin but I noticed that it cleared my pores and my forehead acne but I saw on beautypedia.com that it was bad for your skin and I stopped using it.

on 6/5/2012 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This product is a miracle worker.

I have a combination of dry, oily skin that is prone to acne. On my forehead I have thousands of these small pimples that from a distance you can't see unless I am talking to you. I tried the St. Ives apricot scrub for acne and it didn't do much for me either besides making my face soft. I asked my parents to buy me this product and in 3 days my forehead was clear and I didn't see any pimples while using this product.

So here a the pros:
Good smell
Leaves face baby soft
Gets rid of acne for weeks
Helps you wake up a little bit

Here are the cons:
Hard to wash off

Some may say I'm exaggerating but the thing is I'm so ecstatic that I found my miracle worker. For the people saying it left their skin dry it's because after any scrub you use, you must apply a moisturizer because the scrub removes any oil on your face causing your skin to be dry. So after this product apply your favorite moisturizer.