October 1, 2014 | 2031 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Miri143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is a miracle worker.

I have a combination of dry, oily skin that is prone to acne. On my forehead I have thousands of these small pimples that from a distance you can't see unless I am talking to you. I tried the St. Ives apricot scrub for acne and it didn't do much for me either besides making my face soft. I asked my parents to buy me this product and in 3 days my forehead was clear and I didn't see any pimples while using this product.

So here a the pros:
Good smell
Leaves face baby soft
Gets rid of acne for weeks
Helps you wake up a little bit

Here are the cons:
Hard to wash off

Some may say I'm exaggerating but the thing is I'm so ecstatic that I found my miracle worker. For the people saying it left their skin dry it's because after any scrub you use, you must apply a moisturizer because the scrub removes any oil on your face causing your skin to be dry. So after this product apply your favorite moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by cindientes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product sooo dries out my face. It smells amazing though and leaves my face feeling amazingly soft. I've repurchased this a couple of times, but I'm thinking of trying new products.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by shylerlover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

this product got recommended to me by my best friend (who is a teenage girl who had PERFECT skin). so i assumed it was what made her skin perfect and it would work for me. HA! i was wrong.
anyways, i really really really loved the smell! :D i thought it was a good scrub, but it really dried out my skin and didn't help with my acne at all. :(
I've been using it for about 3 months in the shower, and when i combined it with some other things, it started working great!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by lisakoto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an OK scrub, it's got a wonderful scent and has the sandy quality that I like in a scrub and has soap beads as a bonus boost of scent and a way to rub away the oil. However it doesn't clean as well as other scrubs that I've used, I prefer the Neutragena acne stress control, which delivers as promised.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by catprism

I've heard so many excellent things about this product so I thought I would give it a go. I don't usually use scrubs so when I tried this I was really pleased, it made my skin smooth and clean and my makeup looked flawless once I had applied it. I used it again the next day and now my face feels like carpet. It's tight, bumpy, red, irritated, itchy and it feels sunburnt. I've seen that many people have had the same effect. However in saying this, I did use it two days in a row and I didn't rub it into a foam before applying to my face; perhaps this wouldn't have happened if I had followed those steps. I'm not pleased with what has happened though, it's miserably uncomfortable and it looks hideous. It feels like it will take a while to heal and be back to normal. I'm surprised the bottle doesn't have a big WARNING sign on the back of it, instead it just says that it might cause dryness or irritation and it doesn't tell you how to avoid that. I won't be using this product again which is a shame because I loved the result it first gave me. Anyone that has had a negative result from this product; don't apply anything to your face until it heals, it may cause further irritation.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by hebenn01

Thought it was great the first few times I used it...but then my skin got all flaky and felt like it was sunburnt!!! It is way too strong to use twice a day (per label instructions). I feel like I've aged my skin several years by using this for only 3 days. :( Grapefruit smell is very strong. I might throw it in the shower and use it as a body wash...but even for that I would only use it every few days. I actually have oily skin and I am completely dried out. Flakes everywhere. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by istyleit

Ok, ive used this for about 3 yrs now. It can dry u out a lil., but i dont use lotion & shld. However about 2.5 months ago (while i had clear skin) i decided im 35 & shld be using more age appropiate natural skincare....and off i went. What a freakin mistake. I tried emience, sircuit skin, & juice beauty....and the last 2 werent horrible but did not keep my face fr breaking out. 3 days ago i decided w all these wounds (literally) on my forehead i had enough & came back to this scrub...3 days later im so much better off. My skin is finally healing. Ppl can say whatever they want....if u check these ingred u will found some great stuff in this product. Would i buy it again? Let me put it to u this way....if i found out it was being dicontinued id buy 20. I have to add that I am on Retin A and I use this wash once a day and I still have no issues with it drying my skin. Im wondering if some of the bad reviews are from over zealous users? I can NOT use this twice a day but once is perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Olom

So I bought this scrub since Grapefruit Cleanser was out of stock, which is what I usually use on my face and body. At first, everything was fine - if anything, it worked slightly better since it exfoliated my face at the same time. And then, something awful happened: One of those tiny beads got into my eye!!! I could barely open my eye to rinse it out, it was so red and teary, and my eyelid even started to swell! I literally spent like two hours trying to get the damn thing out. The little beads are actually a whitish/clear colour so you can't really see where it is in your eye, you can just feel it! Needless to say, will not buy again. Perhaps the beads should be able to degrade?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by lucybeee

This stuff is great for people prone to acne & build up throughout the day. The scrub is great for getting rid of any dry skin etc, and it is so refreshing, I use it in the morning and it really wakes me up! It's gentle enough to use every day too which is great! I also use the Oil free gel wash, and I usually use this at night, just because 1. I don't want to use the scrub TOO much.... and 2. because it removes eye make up really well. I can look down and see all my make up running off my face as I'm washing it, which never usually happens, and it ends up on my cotton wool afterwards! The refreshing cent just MAKES me want to use it, it really is brilliant stuff! My flatmate is using the Oil free moisturiser to go with it too, so I'm thinking of trying that next, she says it has really helped to clear up her skin!

Overall an amazing skincare range, which I have to say, the only reason I was initially intrigued was because of the packaging and the scent... but it's really turned out great!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do not have an acne problem, but I do get the occasional pimples on my face. This scrub keeps pimples from emerging, my skin has never looked better! I use this scrub about 3-4 times per week and sometimes daily during PMS when my skin is more likely to break out. I love the pleasant grapefruit fragrance as it is not overpowering. Lovely product all around!