January 30, 2015 | 1454 users online

Mascara - Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So after Diorshow Blackout I tried this one. I heard so many good things about both blackout and iconic (As well as from the Sephora rep) that I figured I might as well try it. I wanted volume and length and was highly disappointed in both areas. Also, it was pretty hard to get off. I had to do a lot of rubbing and even still the next morning I would be getting some off. Overall if I had to pick between spending $28 bucks on this or $12 on L'Oreal stuff I would pick the L'Oreal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara. It's HG right now for me. Now, I've always been a little skeptical about some beauty claims. For no scientific or educated reason, I just don't believe mascaras, for example, are all that different. Some are thicker, some are more liquidy, but I never really believed that one could lengthen more than the other, or one could curl (I feel the same about Pantene Pro-V shampoos, which I love, but I don't think there's a difference between Volume or Smooth. I never experience any difference in creamy Pantene products) RATHER I think mascara wands make the difference.

I have pretty much ideal eyelashes - they are very long, are curled nicely naturally and I've got a whole bunch of them. So I feel like I'm testing in the best conditions... but this mascara is awesome. That being said, I love and am entirely partial to rubber, spikey brushes. If you don't like this, don't even bother. Walk on by. This formula is pretty thick to me, and it adds length like crazy. Almost to a fault - if I'm not careful when applying it, I look like Snuffleupagus. Can't say I notice a lot of curling action but that doesn't mean it didn't curl them...it just wasn't significant enough to notice. Your results may vary.

I think the packaging is cool. I also really like it in Chestnut, the brown. I don't think any drugstore makeup lines available in Canada have brown mascara. Not even Covergirl, which I know they have in America. Almay used to but they seem to have gotten rid of it. Not black-brown or brownish-black. Brown. So I am sort of forced to go high end as almost all higher end brands have brown mascara. This is one is a great choice as it had my main criteria of a rubber, spikey brush. If that's your criteria for choosing a high end mascara that lengthens and possibly curls, then grab a shiney, silver tube of this! ...as long as you can afford it, because it's pretty expensive.

It's kind of hard to remove though. Takes a little more work to get rid of it all. This might be a good thing for you, who knows.

It hurts a bit to get so attached to such an expensive product that you go through quickly, but my eyelashes with this on make it worth it. I like it way more than the original Diorshow.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Jules11743

I HATE this mascara sooo much! I purchased this about a month and a half ago and I HATE it. I have short asian lashes and I am always looking for mascara's that lengthen and give volume. This mascara lengthened, a little bit...

Why I dislike this:
1) So hard to remove! Even with lancome's bi facil eye makeup remover!
2) The brush has rubber bristles, similiar to covergirls lash blast or something. I HATE IT! I actually switched out the brush and put in the original DiorShow instead. It works a heck of a lot better!
3) It's pretty expensive at $27.

My Verdict: complete disappointment and does not deliver! Really hard to wash off! I DON'T recommend purchasing it (unless you are layering it with another mascara!)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by emgurl

Hmmm, this mascara makes my lashes probably the longest out of any mascara, but does not volumize or thicken. I love how long they look, but my lashes still look too thin. I like how I can apply multiple coats and it doesn't clump. Not as dark as I would like though. Guess I am just really picky. It does look great with a volumizing mascara, such as lash blast or hypnose drama.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by satinmannequin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It looks sooo great on lashes! They look almost natural although you have used mascara. Really wonderful mascara.
The only thing that caused me some difficulties was that I couldn't remove it so easy. May be I have a bad make-up remover. May be. Although there have never been problems with other mascaras.
I would buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by xoxokris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this!! The brush seperates my lashes perfectly without clumping and my lashes stay curled ALL day. Great curling power also. Suprisingly, it lengthened and volumized my lashes so well it looked like i was wearing falsies. This mascara can look natural if you put a small amount but it can also look very dramatic with more layers. It goes on so smoothly and easily! Definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by kyl101

Loving this mascara. I don't even need to use an eyelash curler to curl my lashes. I received so many compliments whenever I used this mascara. But it is a little too pricey for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

=) this stuff does it all for me! I thought I would hate the hard plastic comb/brush but it does a great job of applying the mascara evenly and combing out any clumps. It doesn't clump, run, flake, smear or crumble off onto my cheeks like a million other mascaras I've tried. Doesn't irritate my eyes or pull out my lashes removing it. I use Aveeno Makeup Removing CLeanser to get the non-waterproof formula off.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by lildr3amcatch3r

My favorite mascara so far! It curls my lashes without a lash curler, which is great because I'm deathly afraid of using my lash curler(it's so awkward and I always pull out lashes). It seperates my lashes beautifully and doesn't clump. After several hours, it doesn't flake or smudge. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2010 4:49:00 AM More reviews by noirowoze

i looove the wand because it does such a good job seperating my lashes. the only reason I'm giving it 4 stars is because it doesn't curl like it says it does. it makes my already straight Asian lashes straight again even after I curl them. BUT this doesn't smudge!!! I used to use the blackout waterproof mascara and that smudged like crazy! so did my ysl everlong waterproof mascara. I took a nap with the iconic on, and when I woke up I had no raccoon eyes. my lashes didn't stick together or anything. I love this mascara. maybe if it dries out a little more, it'll hold the curls better? hopefully because then this would be my HG even though this is kinda already my HG haha. will repurchase.