December 20, 2014 | 1422 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2009 6:10:00 PM More reviews by tropical_dreams15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about two weeks. I was looking for a tinted chapstick and I've heard a lot of good things about Nivea so I decided to give it a try. Firstly, it's too pigmented (raspberry colored). I don't use this when I'm out because I don't feel comfortable in such a heavy lip. Secondly, it isn't a very good moisturizer. My lips feel good after I put it on but less than 30 mins later my lips feel dry again. I will not be purchasing this product again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 12:02:00 AM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the Labello-style packaging; as a German exchange student many years ago I stocked up on those Labello bullet sticks more for the cool, Euro-mod shape than the actual product.

However. The actual product is "meh." Fake, cough-syrupy cherry scent and waxy, dry feel. I have very dry lips and no way is this alone going to provide moisture-- it is even less moisturizing than standard Chap-Stick. The tint is sort of stuck between two worlds for me, not nearly as pigmented or even-textured as an actual red lipstick, but too tinted to pass as a "natural flush," particularly given its Crayola-red color. I would rather just wear red lipstick and have my lips look defined and striking, not messy and filmy.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by YumItsAStickyBun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've long been looking for the lipcolor that will make it look like I've just finished a cherry popsicle. A slightly flushed red color that isn't overwhelming. I've heard good things about Nivea's lip balms in general and felt compelled to try this out when I saw it.

I'm quite fond of the texture, it's slightly waxy without much stickiness or grease, it makes my lips soft and I actually quite like the taste and smell. The color however, is a bit much, it's definitely very pigmented. I'm pale with a neutral skintone (not quite pink and not quite yellow but more peachy-ish if that makes any sense) and my lips are without much color. I have to lightly dab this lip balm on so that it doesn't look garish. Swiping it crosses over into clown territory whereas dabbing leaves me with a pleasant flushed rosy color.

It also doubles a bit as a nice enough blush of sorts. I forgot my real blush one day and decided in a jiffy to just swipe some color from this and dab it onto my cheeks. It had a very nice natural flushed look that wasn't too much and I'm actually thinking of looking for an actual blush that will give me the same color (a few ingredients in this product usually make me break out so I'd prefer to avoid any chance or I'd probably stick with it).

Ultimately, I'm undecided about this product. It's nice enough and cheap enough and I have no real complaints but at the same time I'm thinking about veering more into lip stain territory (especially since I usually have to run over this lip balm with another for SPF protection - as far as I'm aware this one offers none) since it lasts longer as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

The product is fine for a lip balm but the color is horrible on me. This is qay too cool toned to work on my warm, light complexion. It just looks fuschia. Yuck. Can't wear it out in public that's for sure.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 6:23:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

wow, this is red, bright shocking red - and stains your lips like you just ate a cherry ice pop. it is not close to being a natural color, it is shocking, and i will not ever wear this, even for a few bucks i feel ripped off, just an awful color which is too bad cuz it is so smooth and soothing going on, i love the formula, but the clown lips are horrid.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 12:31:00 AM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've got a disease, and the only cure is more lipbalm. I am a lip balm acquirer, for sure. Nivea's Kiss of Flavor in Cherry is one of my latest conquests. It moisturizes well and leaves my lips with a warm reddish tint. The scent is a little cloying, definitely artificial, but it doesn't last that long. I'd only repurchase in the event that I don't find a Strawberry lipbalm first. I LOVE Labello's Strawberry lipbalm, and I've been hankering for Nivea to release it in the states.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by ImGaskarthsLilMamaxD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this!!!!! it makes my lips slightly red, just pigmented enough to show them off and it looks gorgeous. it keeps them moisturized for a pretty long time and smells AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! the texture feels nice :). ill keep buying it for sure :).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by thelaurenator

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this lipbalm! The tint is extremely subtle on me, you can barely tell it's there... but I like it that way! It smells just like cherry chapstick, which I love. Finally, the moisturization benefits are major. At the end of the day, my lips were extremely soft but not waxy or greasy at all.

I'm impressed with Nivea glosses and balms. This balm especially has a great 'barely-there' texture.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color is a little bright for me, but it just looks like i was eating a cherry popsicle. It's not that moisturizing, and reminds me more of a lipstick that is hard than soft and applies smoothly. I love the flavored Nivea balms but cherry is just ok.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Sparki

This is great stuff. Glossy lip emollient with cherry-candy flavor and fragrance leaves lips satiny, rosy and glowing. Reminiscent of the Tinkerbell Fun Flavor Cherry Lip Pomade I wore as a teen. I rate this a solid 5 lipsticks