Nivea A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

3.8

Octyldodecanol, Microcrystalline Wax, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Castor Seed Oil, Cetyl Palmitate, Myristyl Myristate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, C20 40 Alkyl Stearate, Glycerin, Carnauba Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Grape Seed Oil, Beeswax, Butyl Methoxydibenzoykmethane, Water, Fragrance, Neohesperidin Dihydrochalcone, Red 7 Lake, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 30 Lake

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

The main reason why I would not buy this again is because it takes the life out of my lips. I have plump lips and I swear to god that while i wore this, you can say they lost "weight". Not only that but they look flaky and beat up half the time. Add a dry, cold New England winter and my lips were practically massacred when I tried this almost a year ago. The color is indeed beautiful but if you apply more than two coats, welcome to clown territory. Which was the case when I had to reapply this every 5 minutes because it just dried my lips. One time I went to school looking like I wore red lipstick.Let's just say it did not receive rave reviews. Even with another lipbalm on top this was awful. The cherry taste didn't help either. I think I might give this one more try in the future, but for now, it is what it is. I did not give this a lower rating because of the price and the color. Again, the color is gorgeous if applied SPARINGLY.

on 12/8/2009 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Huh... im surprised by the negative reviews for this product. I love it and I am a picky high end lippie snob! This is so much better then Fresh's rose tint sugar balm. There is actually no color to that one. The color of this one is exactly that of a cherry stain. So pretty. One swipe is sheer, two swipes is perfect for me for daytime. Looks so pretty without trying to hard. It has a cherry scent that I like but could see how someone could find fake smelling. The price is cheap in a good way. There are better lip balms out there for moisture but this is great for color and it feels good too. I would def buy again.

on 11/19/2009 3:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is my Holy Grail lip color for every day. The color is a bit bright but it suits my personal style, it's the perfect gloss level, it has staying power.

My only complaint? No sunscreen. I love the Nivea/Labello balms with sunscreen too, but I'd love to have tint and protection in one tube. Can you hear me, Beiersdorf?

Even minus SPF, I buy tubes of this by the handful and wear it every day.

on 11/15/2009 5:48:00 PM

I wanted to see what all the hype was about so I decided to give it a try. The color is way too bright on me so I always need to mix it with another lip color. Otherwise I'd look like a clown. I can deal with the color but it does not moisturize my lips at all. In fact, it makes the skin on my lips peel and makes it even worse than when I did not apply anything. I have never been so disappointed with a lip care product.

on 11/12/2009 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this lip balm a lot. I usually use this for moisture and the hint of color on my tan/olive skin. I also use this under my Laura Mercier Stick Gloss for a bit of more color with the color Nude Lips. Ultimately I put this on about 30 minutes before I put on any lipstick or gloss to pre moisturize,except for my long wear lip glosses. My hg balm!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I've been using this for about two weeks. I was looking for a tinted chapstick and I've heard a lot of good things about Nivea so I decided to give it a try. Firstly, it's too pigmented (raspberry colored). I don't use this when I'm out because I don't feel comfortable in such a heavy lip. Secondly, it isn't a very good moisturizer. My lips feel good after I put it on but less than 30 mins later my lips feel dry again. I will not be purchasing this product again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the Labello-style packaging; as a German exchange student many years ago I stocked up on those Labello bullet sticks more for the cool, Euro-mod shape than the actual product.

However. The actual product is "meh." Fake, cough-syrupy cherry scent and waxy, dry feel. I have very dry lips and no way is this alone going to provide moisture-- it is even less moisturizing than standard Chap-Stick. The tint is sort of stuck between two worlds for me, not nearly as pigmented or even-textured as an actual red lipstick, but too tinted to pass as a "natural flush," particularly given its Crayola-red color. I would rather just wear red lipstick and have my lips look defined and striking, not messy and filmy.

I've long been looking for the lipcolor that will make it look like I've just finished a cherry popsicle. A slightly flushed red color that isn't overwhelming. I've heard good things about Nivea's lip balms in general and felt compelled to try this out when I saw it.

I'm quite fond of the texture, it's slightly waxy without much stickiness or grease, it makes my lips soft and I actually quite like the taste and smell. The color however, is a bit much, it's definitely very pigmented. I'm pale with a neutral skintone (not quite pink and not quite yellow but more peachy-ish if that makes any sense) and my lips are without much color. I have to lightly dab this lip balm on so that it doesn't look garish. Swiping it crosses over into clown territory whereas dabbing leaves me with a pleasant flushed rosy color.

It also doubles a bit as a nice enough blush of sorts. I forgot my real blush one day and decided in a jiffy to just swipe some color from this and dab it onto my cheeks. It had a very nice natural flushed look that wasn't too much and I'm actually thinking of looking for an actual blush that will give me the same color (a few ingredients in this product usually make me break out so I'd prefer to avoid any chance or I'd probably stick with it).

Ultimately, I'm undecided about this product. It's nice enough and cheap enough and I have no real complaints but at the same time I'm thinking about veering more into lip stain territory (especially since I usually have to run over this lip balm with another for SPF protection - as far as I'm aware this one offers none) since it lasts longer as well.

on 10/14/2009 6:38:00 PM

The product is fine for a lip balm but the color is horrible on me. This is qay too cool toned to work on my warm, light complexion. It just looks fuschia. Yuck. Can't wear it out in public that's for sure.

on 10/14/2009 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

wow, this is red, bright shocking red - and stains your lips like you just ate a cherry ice pop. it is not close to being a natural color, it is shocking, and i will not ever wear this, even for a few bucks i feel ripped off, just an awful color which is too bad cuz it is so smooth and soothing going on, i love the formula, but the clown lips are horrid.

Popular Lip Treatments