August 1, 2014 | 1375 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Mascara Exceptionnel

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Minnii

I really really like this mascara, one of the best mascaras I've ever used! It thickens my lashes, separates them nicely and adds volume (I curl my lashes with an eyelashcurler before applying mascara). Doesn't flake or smudge. You have the twirl the brush when applying if you want a good result. Even my friends noticed that my lashes looked more full.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2009 6:10:00 AM More reviews by eyes4you

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara. It's totally smudgeproof and it gives lots of volume, wow.
I have short, invisible lashes and this does the trick.
Looks beautiful!

For good results, you have to turn the brush when applying. Keep doing that and you will end up having gorgeous lashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by candacej

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I too am a little surprised at all the negative feedback on this mascara. I've been searching for my HG mascara for what seems like FOREVER and usually try almost everything that comes on the market (god, when I think of the $$ spent ...). Anyways, my HG search comes and goes in spurts, so I hadn't bought a new mascara in about a year (I'd been using my almost-HG mascara, which is Lancome Hypnose WP).

When I saw Chanel had a new mascara, I couldn't resist. I brought it home and immediately washed off all my eye makeup to try it out (talk about excited). The brush is kinda weird, but the mascara applied really nicely. It volumized and didn't wilt my lashes. I wore it all day (even on my bottom lashes) with no smudging or flaking. It doesn't lengthen all that well, but I was able to add a couple coats with no clumping. Once I get the hang of twirling the brush while applying, maybe I'll get an even better curl (although I have no complaints with how it applies right now).

While this is still not HG material (will that ever materialize? SIGH!), this is a pretty darn good mascara and will definitely take Hypnose's place while I search out my HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Winthrop44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The bad reviews of this mascara amaze me. For me it is without a doubt the best mascara I have ever used. I usually stick to Lancome mascaras but have tried many by Dior, Shu, Clinique, BB, MAC, Chanel, Prescriptives, etc. This beats them all hands down. I have the most wimpy lashes imaginable -- thin, short and sparse, and this mascara makes them nothing short of wow! It volumizes, lengthens and separates like no other for me. I have no flaking or irritation whatsoever and it comes off easier than my Lancome mascaras using Lancome Bi-Facil. My experience is so different than that of some other reviewers that I almost have to wonder if they've had production problems with this product and some may have gotten bad tubes? The price is high but worth it to me. I will buy this again and again and hope it will never be discontinued.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2008 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It flakes and irritates your eyes within several hours after application. It does not lengthen or thicken. The brush is pretty unique but I don't see any difference from this brush vs. other mascara brushes. Price is way too high for a crappy mascara. My suggestion: do not buy this.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2008 12:57:00 AM More reviews by SLK4CATS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lashes looked ok - nothing outstanding.
And REALLY flaked on me. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by hannah_seeber

i think this could be my HG mascara if only it was a bit cheaper. when used with eyelash curlers(No7) it lengthens, volumises and curls my stumpy short lashes. the packaging is very sleek and the brush is really unique. it also doesnt smudge but it can be quite hard to remove. my only gripe is that it costs 20

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Skylovette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like most I got this as a sample and have been using it for the past 3 months+. I have non existent lashes and my left side lashes always point down even after a heated curler. This manages to even out my lashes in terms of curling/length and fatness. It lasts all day for me too with minimal smudging.I'm impressed with the method of application its like having 2 mascaras in one. Normal application for everyday lashes, and then the sweeping application for dramatic, yes-she-has-them lashes. But like most of the reviewers its quite a pinch on the pocket, but alas, cheaper than getting semi permanent fakies!
if you are considering a purchase, do so (Or drop hints for it to be a present) its worth it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by yshah0621

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this as part of the Allure beauty experts program. Hated it at first, the tube I got was really runny for some reason. Then, I looked online and saw that unlike normal mascaras, you are supposed to actually twirl the wand in your lashes. Tried it , and with some practice it works like a dream! Its quite expensive yes, so not something I can afford to use daily, but definitely worth it for special occasions. great lengthening, volumizing, and most importantly lash seperation!
Give this mascara a chance!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2008 8:13:00 AM More reviews by sh3lby70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the BEST mascara I have used! I love the wand as it combs through my lashes easily leaving no clumps and just makes them look full and lush! I like the way it sits on my lower lashes - no spider legs. Not too sure on the lengthening aspects as I have quite long lashes and my main issue in the past has been with volume. Good bye to my Dior mascara!! When you have friends giving you compliments, you know it is good!