October 21, 2014 | 1005 users online

Palettes - Kat Von D - Ludwig Palette

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 10:22:00 PM More reviews by 245am

let me just say, this is a great palette for travel! i love using the "brown" side for everyday normal wear and the "green" side for more special days. the color payoff is great with a good e/s primer underneath and surprisingly good quality of e/s. i love that it has a mirror inside and it fits well inside my travel makeup bag with my other items. i used it the entire time i traveled to australia and new zealand and never got tired of using it.
the way the colors are set up makes it super foolproof and you can mix and match any way you want to. i think they did a good job on this palette, neutral but with a pop. i just purchase Beethoven and am waiting for it with my next sephora order and can't wait to try that one out!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2008 3:09:00 AM More reviews by leia143x

Won this on ebay...and let me just say this palette is a wonderful surprise! Great reveiws all around, and believe me- you get more bang for the buck. This palette is a steal. I agree the brushes in this palette aren't the greatest, but keep them...they work for liner. I'm buying the Beethoven palette before X-mas. That's how much I love the colors and texture of this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by asiyakei

This was a total impulse buy while I was in Sephora looking for a DIFFERENT palette of neutrals (Dior Iridescent Leather, actually), but it caught my eye, and after swatching all of the colours, I grabbed the second-last one on display and made for the checkout.

I LOVE that this has a large variety of neutrals. I'm (newly) addicted to them, and I think that this makes a good starter. So far I've tried the Orbi + Downtown + Baroque for a bronze-y smoky eye, and I love how well the shadows blend, as well as their pigmentation.

The packaging is beautiful, and it makes it more tempting to buy the Kat Von D brush set... I didn't really like the brushes that came with the palette, though I might use them for eyeliner... they seem fine enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Josephene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awesome colors! I absolutely love this palette. It's fun, it's neutral, yet it can be made dramatic. I love the packaging. What great quality! The little brushes are really great for smudging with the blacks and browns around the eyes and they wash up nicely. What great little tools! I also bought the Kat Von D brush kit, which it also great quality. I love the Dimebag eyeshadow. Great price for a great kit!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2008 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Ericab1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted a palette with good neutrals..this is it! The perfect colors for me, great for day..nicely pigmented with good staying power...i'll agree though the brushes are useless..but the packaging was great..overall great palette!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Thumbelina1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Omg, love this! So glad I was able to get it, it's been selling out pretty quickly. The shadows actually bring out/look nice with my brown eyes, and they blend well together. Seems like the brushes would work better for lining the eyes than all over application. A beautiful selection of colors, and great for travel--I already have two shades of black and brown, but with this they're already in the palette ready to go, no need for a bunch of different eyeshadow pots. Plus, I love neutrals and this has a few to choose from. I agree with the reviewer who said she was looking for a new look but wasn't sure what, and this is it! Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 3:06:00 PM More reviews by tragicglamour83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love, Love, LOVE the colors in the fabulous palette. Tequila is my perfect highlight/base color- the BEST neutral slightly shimmery light yellow. Thats the thing about the shimmer- not overly chunky/glittery- soft and shimmery in an adult way. The shadows are nicely pigmented with a great blendable texture. Very rocknroll yet luxurious at the same time. Also, I am a sucker for the cute packaging- as a huge fan of Kat Von D's style, I was really impressed with the design. It's really a quite reasonable price for the amount of product/variety of colors you get. My only complaint is the brushes that come with the palette- ABSOLUTELY USELESS, really more like cheap lip brushes. I tossed them when I realized how pointless the are. After all the detail put into packaging and great color selection, I find it strange that Sephora/Kat settled for the lamest brushes possible. Maybe they did it so you'd buy Kat's eye brush kit? So anyway, a lippie off for the crap brushes. Other than that I'd definetly recommend buying this. Can't wait to get the Beethoven kit as well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2008 11:29:00 AM More reviews by curlylocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I won't go and describe all the colors as other reviewers have done so beautifully. I felt like I wasn't getting a good eye shadow look anymore, needed a change of some kind but wasn't sure what. I looked high and low, and didn't want the excessive shimmers that are in so many e/s these days. So, I found this palette and after swiping it against some other shadows at Sephora, there was not contest. This one had to be mine. I am really thrilled with the amount of pigment in the colors and they go together so well. I wanted some impact without getting crazy colors. This is perfect. Great, wearable shades with a little zing (that doesn't mean 'more glitter'). Nice shimmers. I hope that we continue to see some of these under Kat's name. It seems they are a hit and I'm glad I got this LE palette! You will be too! Price is fantastic for what you get!!! EDIT: Would still buy this all over again. So happy with it. It is staying in my every day circulation. The tan colors can be a little too shimmery, but the greens (despite looking crazy to me), go on perfectly. Look great with my brown eyes and hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has beautifully designed packaging by Kat Von D herself and features her signature roses. The mirror is big enough to get thorough application and the shadows themselves are decently pigmented and have good staying power. I want the Beethoven palette next, but this gets my thumbs up. Great wearable shades that work even for my job.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2008 9:02:00 PM More reviews by ShuUemuraLove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Price: 34$ for eight shadows; about 4$ for each shadow. Very good deal if you think about it that way. The size of the palette is about qwertyuiop.

Brushes included: Useless and tiny, better off as lip brushes. I think that they could use the tip for smudging eyeliner however.

Colors: I think that this is the yay/nay factor of the palette. If you don't have many neutrals, you can buy it without feeling guilty. If you have many neutrals however, you'll feel that you wasted your money on pretty packaging.
The colors include:
Lucifer: Dark matte black
Orbi: Olivey green with gold shimmer
Dimebag: metallicy light mint green
Clay: the shade that doesn't show up as well, beige with gold shimmer
Tequila: another beige shade, darker than Clay, metallic
Downtown: Light shimmery copper
Baroque: Gold Brown with gold shimmer
Leather: dark chocolaty brown

None of the colors are Matte with the exception of Lucifer.

Quality: The eyeshadows are very creamy and pigmented, up to MAC and UD quality almost. MUCH better than the regular Sephora brand. Stayed on all day with UDPP as base.

Packaging: I bought this for the packaging alone, and maybe one or two eyeshadow shades. It is beautiful, having Kat Von D written in old English in the middle, and flowers in silver ink around her name.

Comments: I think Kat could have been a lil more creative with the colors, but did fantastic on everything else, especially on the packaging. If I lost this, I would repurchase.

No pictures, because my camera died.

Was this review helpful to you? Please click yes or no to help MUA sort our reviews better.

25 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No