LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

4.3

Cornstarch (Zea mays), Kaolin, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), *Linalool.

on 10/24/2006 8:50:00 PM

I've never been a fan of dusting powders as I really had no idea what the point of using them was. I decided to give Silky Underwear a try as I kept hearing so much about it and wanted to know what the hype was about. So I gave it a try and I LOVE IT!! Unlike others the packaging does not bother me at all though I can see how people can have accidents with it. It would be nice if it came with a powder puff but it does not so I spent less that a dollar buying one at Wal-mart. It smells divine without being overpowering. I hate scents that an entire room full of people are forced to endure so this one is perfect in the sense that really only you and anyone *very* close to you can smell and appreciate. I use Silky Underwear in my bra as I was getting some awful itchiness on my nipples (okay TMI but someone has to say it cuz it happens) and afer a few days use it was gone. That is saying a lot since I have been using over the counter medication that had been doing nothing. I love this product and would definitely buy again.

on 10/18/2006 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Whenever I'm feeling a little down, a gentle dusting of Silky Underwear never fails to raise my spirits. The scent is so comforting and perfect for warm summer days.

on 10/6/2006 2:43:00 PM

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this powder!
I heard a ton of people raving about it, and I thought to myself, "C'mon, it's just dusting powder!"
I had a bit of money to spend and opted to get myself some of this powder. I must admit, I'm very pleased that I did!
If you are a fan of Lush's Alkmaar soap, you'll definitely love the scent of this! Same thing :-). I also use it in conjunction with their Godiva shampoo and Flying Fox shower gel for a uniform scent. I get complimented all the time about it!
The scent lasts very long.
I like that the formula is talc-free. It also does one heck of a job with wetness absorbtion (I use it under my arms and on my feet), and it doesn't clump up like mad.

Nice powder. I am not sure about the scent, (not my favorite). What I like most is that it is talc free and has the moisturizing benefits. I do wish that the packaging was better mine leaks even when the sifter is closed. I am not sure if I will repurchase. I like Urban Decay body shimmers (also talc free) MUCH better. UPDATE: I will NOT repurchase this powder!!! the more I use it the more the scent gets on my nerves I hate the fragrance!!! I wish there products would have better fragrances. Until then I am staying away!!!

on 9/14/2006 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Lovely, silky smooth dusting powder from Lush. Has little bits of cocoa butter in which are good to smoosh into dry bits of the skin.

Pairs well with Godiva and I'm sure would with Flying Fox shower gel although I've yet to try this.

The smell lingers just enough and it keeps my skin soft and clean feeling.

I can't get enough of this power... so dreamy and soft... It has the lovliest warm jasmine smell, I only wish the smell lingered a little longer. It's nicest when used right after the «All that jaz» bath bomb (same smell). It makes me feel like I'm in the south of France snuggling into cozy sheets - don't ask why. My only issue is the horribly crappy container... buy your own poof and keep the tub flat - or else.

on 8/27/2006 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I cannot say enough about how much I love this powder. I've always used powder after a shower. And this is the best one I've ever tried. It is so silky soft and the smell is so delicious I can't get over myself when I put it on. Love it!

on 8/22/2006 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

So impractical and messy...and yet I love this! Leaves my skin feeling like silk. Gentle clean scent. The cocoa butter moisturizes well. Much more appealing than sticky lotions and creams. Perfect after a bath before bedtime.

on 8/13/2006 4:18:00 PM

Could you please tell me what are dusting powders for??? This one has a fantastic jasmine smell and nice consistency, but I can't figure out, why to use this daily. I really don't find it soooo moisturizing.

on 8/11/2006 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Although I'm not particularly fond of the smell of jasmine to perfume my body, I bought this anyway, swayed by its popularity and the abundance of excellent reviews. But I regret this purchase because Silky Underwear does smell truly like jasmine. I think I will stick to my favorite, Candy Fluff.

UPDATE: The more I try this, the more I like the scent. My only complaint now is that the little shea butter bits are hard to rub into the skin, and mostly just fall to the floor.

Top Rated LUSH Products