April 20, 2014 | 1702 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

I am a huge fan of MUFE and currently use F&B foundation for awhile now with no problems. I was so excited to try this foundation but it was too heavy, left me very cakey and seemed to have broken me out on my chin. I used it for about 4 days and noticed it was making me looking very weird and dull as well as giving me a few pimples. I have stopped all use and returned it back to Sephora. Guess I will stick to my HG F&B

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is wonderful; I love that it's medium to full coverage & masks my flaws but it is not heavy, thick or cakey whatsoever. I also love that it's not matte. Even though I can be oily, I don't like the completely matte finishes of most medium/full coverage foundations. And the best news, even though I'm acne prone, this hasn't caused any new breakouts!

I also like to packaging, I do prefer my foundations w/a pump since it's more hygenic, the product lasts longer b/c it's not exposed to air & bacteria, & I find I waste less product (just 2 pumps covers my entire face). I will definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by anastasianiaou18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

great!!
satisfying range of colours.
medium coverage, very easily and smoothly buildable.
covers well enough redness and dark circles
not cackey at all, even in sunlight it looks very skin-like.
((the finish i cant describe it, smth between silky and semi-mat..))
photographs great!!no white-cast whatsoever.
holds on for at least 5 hours (depending on weather etc), but even after that it won't crease or show up bad on pores or fine lines..
subtle smell.
very easy-to-use packaging, but pricy for the amount given..

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by lsuchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I had been wanting this foundation for a long time, because I've heard so many people rave about it. I wouldn't purchase it again, but not because it's terrible, i just have so many foundations and i love trying new ones. Plus, it costs a pretty penny. The shade is spot on for me, which can sometimes be hard because I'm quite pale, but not porcelain and most foundations oxidize on my skin. The cap keeps coming off my bottle but since it's a pump it doesn't spill everywhere. I have oily, yet flaky skin that most foundations cake on very easily. I apply this with a damp beauty blender and i add a dollop of moisturizer to sheer it down so it won't cake. I think it looks flawless and lasts all night. My oily skin doesn't show through which is a surprise. It isn't my holy grail, but i certainly do not hate it! Maybe it looks better if you use the whole kit. If someone bought it for me i would use it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Abbyb717

I have been meaning to review this for the longest time. So I bought this about a year ago, and had high expectations - I am the kind of person that always reads and checks reviews in depth before purchasing a cosmetic item. I hate that feeling of buying something (especially when it's on the expensive side) and not liking it. So I researched, weighed the pros and cons, and decided that MUFE's HD foundation was worth the splurge. A year or so later, with an almost empty bottle, I am still not sure what to think about this foundation. I have a love hate relationship with it. On one hand, I really enjoy the finish and the medium coverage (even though it may not fully cover some breakouts I may have, I don't really mind using concealer). It handles photos beautifully, which is what I expect with an HD foundation, so that is always a plus. But I honestly the biggest problem I have with this foundation is I cannot find my shade!! I never read anybody having a problem with the shades. I was perplexed when picking one out. It's always the same problem with foundation for me - either too yellow or too pink. But I was able to find the shade that was the closest to my skin tone. Unfortunately even that shade wasn't close enough for me, it screamed "tomato face!" when I applied it. I don't know what it is, maybe it's just my sick obsession with making sure my foundation looks completely flawless, so I nit pick and find flaws that aren't there. I don't know. For me though, when a shade just isn't right, that's a deal breaker. I was thinking of returning it and getting the next lightest shade, but that one is way too yellow for me! Some people suggested getting two of closest shades that match your skin tone, and mix them together to get the perfect shade. I was thinking about doing that..but I don't really want to pay like 80 dollars for two foundations when I can get ONE that is a whole lot cheaper and that is the right shade for me. I will suck it up and use the rest of my bottle, but I probably won't repurchase. Such a shame! I really enjoy everything else about this foundation but the shades.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was way too hyped when I bought this and so disappointed when I tried it. It melted-literally in the cold-after only 2 hours on. Yes I have oily skin, but this was ridiculous. Not to mention I needed so much concealer because the coverage was so sheer! It glides on like a dream, but it also melts off the same way: like it was all a dream and I never had anything on in the first place. Returned it next day, not worth that huge pricetag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best foundations I have used in a good while! Provides pretty good coverage, blends very well and it matches my skintone perfectly. It covers up all my acne scars and smoothes out my skin instantly. In the summer, I use this as an eye concealer to pull off an au naturalle look. You have to be careful with this foundation because it will look cakey if you apply too much and can suffocate your pores which is why I minimally use it. A dime size is good enough when you use it with primer.The main con I have with it is that the pump is irritating and can get clogged overtime. It is worth the money though.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2013 6:58:00 AM More reviews by IloveShuUemura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely hated this. Firstly, it is definitely not long lasting. Probably due to my combination skin, it only lasted for an hour and after an hour, all I see is patches on my cheeks(my cheeks area is normally not oily at all) and my nose and forehead is freaking oily. Even when I set with setting powder, when I just gently touch my face, the foundation comes off. The only thing I like is the coverage(medium to high, buildable) but it's useless when it only last for an hour on my face. Will never purchase it again. Actually I'm quite disappointed with the products of MUFE. I bought a primer that does NOTHING AT ALL to my face and many other useless product. So yea, I will not buy anything from MUFE anymore. Plus it's lousy quality with expensive price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

MUFE HD doesn't sound like a foundation I would typically look into--after reading my reviews it becomes clear to one that I love the heavy, matte stuff that really covers. The main reason why this product has always interested me, though, is the wide range of colours it comes in. I finally decided to get a sample a few weeks ago, and I'm surprised at how much I like this formula.

My samples are labelled 117 and 118. I swear that I had picked up the 120 instead of the 117, and judging from real-life and online swatches I'm sure that I could never get away with 117 (even with the later mentioned oxidation). The 120/117 I had asked for was to check the undertone, and although 118 is supposed to be beige, I thought that the depth might match me. In any case, I'll have to bring my little jar of 120/117 to Sephora to match it.

I'm quite yellow/olive, and as expected, the undertone of the 120/117 (I guess I'll call it the "yellow-toned sample" for the rest of the review) matched me better, but even then, it looked slightly pink on me. The depth looked right, though, as the foundation had oxidized. On the other hand, the 118 ended up being too dark, and not nearly warm enough.

Even with my oily skin, this did a nice job of drying down on my face. But I still felt the need to set it with powder.

What blew me away was how natural the foundation looked. I was always worried that the pearl in the formula would make me look sparkly or greasy, but it simply made me look like I had smooth, healthily glowing skin. Usually I feel like my skin looks gross until I have all my acne and my scars covered up and my face completely mattified, but with MUFE HD, even with its "mere" light to medium coverage, and even with my scars still visible, I felt confident. (Though it may also be that my skin was behaving at the time.) It actually made me sad when I set my makeup and I saw how flat I looked after!

About three hours after I had finished putting on my face, my face had started to show shine again. Nevertheless, HD never made me look like a greaseball the way Mat Velvet+(!), which often gets recommended over the HD for oily skin, did (well...except my nose). Most of the time I looked dewy. I don't think I would use this in hot weather, however; I feel like it would melt right off.

Glass bottles tend to feel more luxurious, but the portability of plastic makes me happy. Also, I'm glad that this bottle has a pump.

Overall, I'd be happy to add this product to my collection, as it would be my foundation of choice for good skin days in cool weather. MUFE HD has taught me that the world of dewy and natural finish foundations isn't so bad after all!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Babysammm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this for about a year, I didn't realize until after I stopped using it that it was the one causing my break out, especially on my jaw line. It doesn't stay on for very long, about 3-4 hours depending on your activities and weather. Won't buy again, it's expensive and not worth for the price! I like the packaging though.