September 2, 2014 | 1521 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Erase paste

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by kittencaprix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dry/very dry skin and love Erase Paste, but I would never recommend it for someone who has any issues with oily skin, even slightly. The texture is extremely soft and creamy and it will disappear or smear if your skin is producing oil wherever it's placed. Even with very dry skin, I find I need to apply a light dusting of powder over it.

That said, nothing provides the same coverage under my eyes and around my mouth (where I have frequent redness; I avoid cortisone cream since repeated use destroys skin's collagen content & increases wrinkles). It blends cleanly & melts into my skin, providing coverage without drying out my skin at all, and for me it lasts all day (12+ hours).

The jar packaging is a HUGE problem I have. This is the ONLY product I buy in a jar since any antioxidants are detroyed as soon as air (ie oxygen) hits them and it's too easy to contaminate anything in a jar even with scrupulous attention. Still, I'm hooked on this concealer & will keep buying it. The jar lasts a long time all in all, as it doesn't take much to cover the spots I need to cover.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

I was pretty disappointed in this product, since I generally quite like BeneFit's stuff. The colour is pretty good for undereye circles due to its salmon colouring, but the paste leaves a lot to be desired. You do only need a tiny bit to cover the entire undereye area, but the spatula can't pick up that amount and wastes a lot of product, unless you put it back into the jar, which would be same as just using your figures. It's super thick, so it takes a lot of blending, and no matter how much I blend or how little I use, it's very noticeable that I have something under my eyes. After about half the day, my undereye area gets very cakey, and you can tell from pretty far away that there's something peeling there. Huge letdown, especially for the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by MK438800

Personally I love this product. I've always had natural dark circles under my eyes since I was a little kid. Although the product doesn't "erase" my dark circles it does an amazing job of brightening up my whole eye area and corrects most of the discoloration.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I generally have lost hope in finding a concealer for my undereyes as I have super bad dark undereyes circles and my undereyes are wrinkly, I'm only 27 but I have had that wrinkly bits since i was a child. I'm guessing the reason i have wrinkly undereyes is because the way my eyes are structured. Anyways, most concealers are too dry and would highlight all the wrinkly bits which would attract more unwanted attention to the ugly horrible dark circles I have, until i discovered this. I have heard people rave abt this. But I never got around to trying this until I got a kit from Benefit called Finding Mr.Bright. This came in a medium small tub. I was amazed when i first tried it, it was creamy and not at all dry and it blends beautifully and covered all my dark undereyes circles. I was amazed! It didnt highlight all the wrinkly bits I have and i fell in love. You only need a tiny bit and it covers so beautifully. I still have a lot from the small tube which came from the kit.Dusted with powder on top, this stayed on petty well throughout the day. Highly-highly recommended! Anyone with horrible dark circles and wrinkly undereye, should give this a try. Amazing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

This concealer didn't really give me the coverage I wanted as a concealer compared to my HG Hard Candy glamoflauge. If you don't need much coverage this would be a good one, but it just didn't work out for me and wasn't worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE, my new favorite concealer!
It is the only concealer that i have found that i think has completely covered my under eyes, I have really dark under eyes so the orange tint in this really helps....also i love the consistency and texture. The only reason that I wouldnt repurchase this is because of the price, it is a little expensive for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by ggalie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product came HIGHLY recommended to me so I was disappointed when it was a bust. I applied this to my under eyes just how the little pamphlet told me to but I always find that it creases and is visible a few hours after I apply it. It either disappears completely or becomes a streaky mess! But I feel committed because it's SO expensive... At least it is very gentle to my skin and is a nice creamy-feeling formula.

Overall I'm not impressed and wouldn't repurchase ):

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by JaanBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Full coverage (and I do mean full)
Smooth, creamy texture
Tiniest amount needed (your first try, you'll take too much on that little tool they provide, don't feel bad lol)

Cons:
May seem pricey but trust me, it will last

this is my exact routine and I can't imagine changing it: despite the woman at Sephora telling me to put it on OVER my foundation - I moisturized my face, put on my under eye primer, used my finger (you want it to melt a little on your finger, trust me) to dot the slightest amount of this on under eyes (do NOT brush - dot it on)...I then put my actual concealer on (Nars stick) and grabbed my stipling brush to apply lightest amount of foundation (it's too hot for a thick layer). This whole time, the "paste" and concealer were kind of sitting there (very obviously) but the stipling brush with a little foundation tied it all together so I didn't look like I had big white streaks under my eyes (I hate when I can SEE people's concealer). I think this stuff is great as a base to cover the initial darkness/skin discoloration and then you can gauge if you need more or another product (my circles can be dark so I personally use this and then my "concealer") As always, an excellent moisturizer is going to be key to avoid creasing/caking but I'm totally sold on this stuff :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't see the benefit (haha!) of having a concealar in a pot like this. It's very unhygenic, impossible to use the right dosage and probably a like a petri dish of germs. When using the spatula it's very hard to pick up only the tiny amount needed, so there is always a lot of waste. The product itself is highly pigmented, creamy and easy to blend.
I don't think it lasts a long time and the finish is also not that great.

For me it's a clear "Meh"

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by russsian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

In terms of makeup, my biggest problem was always finding a way to cover the dark circles - I've tried a huge number of products ranging from drugstore ones (l'oreal,maybelline,technic), to middle ones (laura mercier, oriflame and bobbi brown) and more expensive ones - dior and ysl.I am also really fair, so matching the colour was a great problem also.I've read about this concealer online and couln't find it where I live since there isn't a Benefit counter in my country.I finally managed to swap for it and can't be happier! The concealer is extremely creamy, has great coverage and is a pleasure to apply.It counteracts the blue tones from my circles extremely well and leaves my eye area looking almost flawless.The colour match is also great!
The only downside is that the packaging isn't that convenient since I have to scoop the product out, but that's ok.

The only 2 things I have to mention is that 1)Better to use a tiny brush than the scooper,get A TINY bit of product out and apply it (you won't need more than this no matter how dark the circles are)

2)Don't apply too much product since it can look cakey and ugly.

Other than that it's a wonderful product that is also priced reasonable.Would definitely purchase again!