Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

4.7

I am so jealous that people have had good luck with this brush! I just returned mine today. I don't know why I didn't get the same airbrushed finish that everyone is raving about!?!? You have to wash this brush after every use, especially when using liquid foundation. You do not get the same finish after using the brush when it has dried up foundation on it. On a good note, the brush was very soft and didn't shed and the price wasn't that bad, I just wish it would have worked for me because I had high hopes!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this brush to put on my liquid foundation. It works great!

I use this brush with my pur minerals foundation and the result is as close to airbrushed as I've ever seen my skin:). Amazing quality and softness for the price and performance, go buy it before they realize how amazing it is for the price! Never sheds, EVER.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this super soft dense brush! I use this to apply cream blush, as it's great for stipling on the right amount and then to blend it out afterwards. I also like using this with mineral powder foundation if I want thicker coverage. It takes a long time to dry when I wash it, but that's due to it being so dense. Highly recommend.

Picked this up at Target quite a few months ago and love using it with my loose powder, or blush. It applies nicely and is good quality for the price. Very soft, nice handle, and great brush. Much better than many of the expensive Sephora "Premium Brand" ones I have bought. First great synthetic brush I have gotten.
I haven't had any problems with it shedding, and would definitely recommend it.

Best liquid foundation makeup brush ever!!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

This brush has started me on a love affair with the Sonia Kashuk brush line. A couple of years ago, I saw these brushes at Target and passed on them because I didn't like the look of the black handles. I also was uncertain about the quality since they were an inexpensive "drugstore" brand. Then a couple of months ago, I stumbled on to the glowing reviews for this brush and decided to give it a try.

All I can say is, "Wow!" and eat humble pie. I will never again equate brush quality with price.

This brush is so soft that even my hypersensitive skin doesn't react regardless of how much I blend and rub. And you can't beat the versatility--it can be used for creams and powders with equally outstanding results.

I can't believe the quality for the price. This could easily sell for triple or quadruple the $15 suggested retail price.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great brush. You can buff, smooth, and stipple with it. Well worth $15.

I absolutely LOVE this brush. I use MUFE F&B foundation, and after applying the foundation to my skin, I use this to smooth it out and blend any harsh lines. I also use it to apply my powder. It works fantastically. The bristles are thick and dense, but oh so soft. The handle is smooth and comfortable in the hand. I'd go as far as to say this is just as good as any MAC brush. I believe it's about $15, so you're definitely getting a lot of bang for your buck. I definitely recommend it!

I actually have the natural fiber version of this brush (released with the Brush Couture collection, possibly limited edition?), but since they are the same brush in every other aspect (besides the insanely cute print on the Brush Couture brush) I'm writing the review here. I thought I would disclose this info though since my experience might not be consistent as far as shedding, washing, and feel issues.
With that out of the way, this is the perfect brush for applying either liquid/cream or powder foundation. I use it with both my CG Aquasmooth and my PF mineral (pressed) powder. Sometimes with the Aquasmooth I use a smaller, stiffer brush to apply in the nooks and crannies (inner corners of eyes, around the nose) because the SK is a bit too big and fluffy to deposit foundation in smaller areas, but I use the SK to blend/buff it all in, which it is actually perfect for.
It gives such an airbrushed look and it is incredibly soft. It makes applying foundation, a not very fun task, feel more luxurious. I really hate touching my face and I find the finish when using my fingers is kind of splotchy, so I'm glad I picked up this brush. It shed a few hairs the first time I used it but I experience this with a lot of brushes, and it has not shed since. I've washed it a few times now and it still retains its shape, density, and softness. I'm going to buy a few back-ups because this brush is truly multi-purpose!
(Tip: I find that moistening the brush by spritzing it with water or a face mist further helps the blending process)

Popular Makeup Brushes