April 23, 2014 | 1967 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Kaneve

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first review. I keep seeing the raves for this but I just had to add my dissenting opinion. I don't know what in the world to do with this brush. I have had it for quite a while, and when I first bought it I thought it was so amazingly soft and wonderful. But even though the bristles are soft in themselves, they are so short and compact, and with the completely flat top, end up feeling stiff and hard. Then buffing with this makes me red. And forget if I'm having even the hint of a dry day, then I get flakies everywhere (never, ever with ANY other brush). I have tried and tried to use this somehow but it's irritating to my skin. And it doesn't make anything look exceptionally good either. I did see one sample at target the other day that was super splayed out and fluffy (probably from being touched like crazy) and I couldn't help but think "how can I get mine like that..."
Edit: I found out an actual good use for this is with very liquidy foundation. MUFE F&B with a moistened brush does a good job. Anything at all creamy, thick, or a powder just will not work for me at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by opticvirgo77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my FAVE of all time applies liquid to powder well. I own quite a few, it is definitely a staple product to have. Whenever I see it in target "rarely" I make sure to snatch it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by EricaMarie822

This is a perfect brush for liquid foundation! I actually have 2 of them. It blends my foundation perfectly! You can find this at target for I believe $14.99.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Adi96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Heck yeah! This brush applies everything well! BUY THIS BRUSH!!! You will love it and for not even a third of a Mac or sephora brush! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by maybelle

I actually have two of these...I'm paranoid about being without one. Although I use other brushes for applying my liquid foundation, this brush is the best one, most perfect for it's smaller size, and for the denseness of the bristles. I also like the funny ergonomic handle...I'm less likely to drop this on the floor than other, smooth-handled brushes. My liquid foundation applies like a dream, and though I have flaky skin, buffing the foundation in gently does not cause me problems. I use skunk brushes and other stippling/buffing brushes, but this one is the one I keep coming back to.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by ilovemarilyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This brush is great for applying foundation. I put some foundation on the back of my hand, stipple and blend. It gives a flawless finish with no streaks. This brush doesn't shed. I wash this brush at night and it's ready to use in the morning. (I gently spread out the bristles so air can get in and dry them faster since it's so dense. Good to go in the am!) It's a pretty brush with it's curvy hand and shimmery black color! For $15 you can't beat it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 2:48:00 AM More reviews by islandbgrl

LOVE THIS BRUSH! i bought it so i could apply my new MAC foundation because the stippling brush&&flat foundation brush didn't seem to apply it nicely, so i figured I'd try a flat top brush. While wondering target i stumbled upon this... and what luck! Of course at the target i went to there are no prices. So i went up to the cashier completely on faith. Price is a bit scary, but i figured if i didn't like it i could return it. BUT I DIDN'T HAVE TO BECAUSE THIS BRUSH IS AMAZING! it gives you a nice airbrush finish. it works the best if you apply foundation to face, just place it on your face and then blend with this brush. AMAZING PERFECT FLAWLESS FACE! for a brush this great i would pay the price :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Special1K1

This brush gives a great flawless finish to liquid foundation and is THE BEST brush for cream blushes! LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by missxlkt

nice for contouring (: i use this brush on the daily, its awesome !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by missiexyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I absolutely love, love, love this brush. It works so well with MAC studio fix pressed powder and gives me great coverage to the point where I don't even need to use a concealer brush to cover up redness under my nose or my acne scars. Putting on foundation is such a breeze with this brush. The bristles are so soft and thick and does not irritate my skin at all. I cannot say enough about how much I love this brush. I am so happy I bought it and will definitely stock up.