November 22, 2014 | 2065 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by AlyssaJD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I never owned a foundation brush before this so i cant compare with any MAC brushes or anything. But this brush is very compact, so yes you get a heavier coverage when you use it to apply liquid foundation. The bristles are soft. Nothing really amazing but they are of good quaility. The handle is nice, looks cool too, and the brush does not shed. I find it difficult to clean for some reason but other than that, i use it everyday and i get the great coverage i need with limited streaks and stray hairs (from the brush :)) Good buy for 15$. and yes i got it at target.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by CocoChaneljeanelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i really like this brush it's so dense that it just gives you an airbrush look. it's the only brush i own from sonia kashuk. it kinda reminds me of my sigma f80 kabuki (i think thats what it's called) it buffs out any harsh lines from your foundation. i dont use it very much cause i have lots of brushes that i use but it is good and i would definitely recommend it

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by moosie4154

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really really like this brush. I wear cream and liquid foundation and it really ramps up the coverage. The finish is almost flawless. My makeup routine goes much quicker. I'm cheap so spending $15 is kind of a lot but it was totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by sandra72779

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am in love with this brush. I own 6 of them. I use it to put on my foundation, and another for put powder. I can use it apply blush. I love love this brush. They do not shed, I wash my vigorously because my foundation is will get in there. They aren't expensive for such a high quality brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I love this brush for liquid and powder foundation! I love that the bristles are short and very dense - so you can really get an airbrushed look with minimal effort. I've been preferring this lately over my MAC brushes, I'm so sick of my MAC 131 and 187 shedding all over my face. Don't have to worry about that with this brush. Also, it's very sturdy. I think it will last me a long time. I may even purchase a 2nd one. Only thing I don't like is, it's a bit of a pain to clean. It takes a little extra effort (or a heavier duty soap) to get the bristles completely clean.. but you can expect that with many synthetic brushes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by lmaha87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Been using this brush for half a year and so far haven't had any complaints about it. The only drawback I guess is that since I use this for applying foundation and buffing I wish it was bigger to make applying foundation more time efficent. Other than that though there's a lot to love about this brush.

It hasn't shed on me and I've washed this repeatedly. It's soft on the skin. It's a decent price for a useful, quality brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by chan024

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing brush! I originally wanted the Platinum Airbrush Foundation Brush from Sephora, but I'm glad I got this one instead. It does an amazing job of buffing in the foundation. I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by violinheaven

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hands down to Sonia Kashuk! You can really tell that she put a lot of time and effort into designing this brush. It fits comfortably in your hand so buffing in foundation is like a spa treatment!

The bristles are synthetic so it doesn't soak up a lot of product. It's small enough to get into every part of your face. You can even use it for cream blush (which I have yet to try).

The packaging is very sturdy. I still use the plastic case for travel because it keeps the brush in perfect condition.

Overall, just a great product! It totally changed the way I put on my liquid foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Kaneve

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first review. I keep seeing the raves for this but I just had to add my dissenting opinion. I don't know what in the world to do with this brush. I have had it for quite a while, and when I first bought it I thought it was so amazingly soft and wonderful. But even though the bristles are soft in themselves, they are so short and compact, and with the completely flat top, end up feeling stiff and hard. Then buffing with this makes me red. And forget if I'm having even the hint of a dry day, then I get flakies everywhere (never, ever with ANY other brush). I have tried and tried to use this somehow but it's irritating to my skin. And it doesn't make anything look exceptionally good either. I did see one sample at target the other day that was super splayed out and fluffy (probably from being touched like crazy) and I couldn't help but think "how can I get mine like that..."
Edit: I found out an actual good use for this is with very liquidy foundation. MUFE F&B with a moistened brush does a good job. Anything at all creamy, thick, or a powder just will not work for me at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by opticvirgo77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my FAVE of all time applies liquid to powder well. I own quite a few, it is definitely a staple product to have. Whenever I see it in target "rarely" I make sure to snatch it up.