November 26, 2014 | 963 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10 [DISCONTINUED]

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by buttons723

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation is awesome for people with really oily skin and blemishes or redness that needs covered without being too heavy or mask-like. I love using this on days when the regular double wear is too heavy but I still want something that will cover and last all day. I use shade 2 for my NC 25 skin tone and it matches really well. This does not oxidize on me and it isn't too pink either. Just as an fyi, the new formulation does not have spf in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by nhwhazup

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this foundation. I've been on the search for a medium coverage but light weight foundation that holds up throughout the work day. I was hoping this was it. I have fair, combination skin. As I age I find that first of all, it is so important to get a good color match. With this foundation I can get fairly close so that wasn't my problem.

What really bugs me about this foundation is that it sucks the moisture from my skin and I end up with dry patches by the afternoon. I start out out with moisturizer and primer for a smooth canvas. The foundation initially looks great but appears to start drying out my face by midday and then patchy by the afternoon.

This foundation might work great for those that need heavy duty oil control, but it's way too drying for my skin.

Update: I tried this again this past summer and oh what a difference a season makes. Through the Spring and Summer this Double Wear Light has been pretty much perfect. It didn't settle into creases and stays on all day - even on my nose that tends to get shiny mid-day. If I do get a little shine, I can blot without losing the foundation off my nose. Also love that it's not too heavy and looks natural. It's heading into Fall now with cooler temps and drier air coming. I'm hoping that I can continue using this with just changing the moisturizer underneath.

Even though initially I only rated a 3, I changed to a 5 based on the performance this Spring and Summer. It's really perfect for me. And I've tried so many foundations looking for the perfect foundation and for warmer weather - this is the perfect one for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by valerie633

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best longlasting foundation. I have been dunked in the ocean and it was still intact. Also if you spend the night at someones house and wake up the makeup is still there. It doesn't transfer anywhere not the pillowcase or clothes. Especially if you have imperfect skin it is great at making it look even.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by CarsickMathNinja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation is *almost* HG for me. I wear this in the lightest shade, Intensity 1.0. For reference, I am about NC15. I apply just using my fingertips to get nice, even coverage. It does last all day with little to no touchups. I don't find that this foundation oxidizes at all, and it plays well with the variety of concealers and powders I like to use. My only issue is that I cannot use this as an everyday foundation, as it will break me out if I use it too much. I can use it for special occasions or if I know I will be having a long day, but more than once or twice a week is too much. It is unfortunate, because otherwise, this would probably be HG foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Brendab11

This product let me down, lots. I brought it at a Macy's counter and the lady helping me tried it on my face, it was good until i went to school and left it on throughout the whole day, it was gone by the middle of the day and i felt as if i had to reapply throughout the day even with my smashbox primer, i didnt like it at all & there aren't many color variations

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried it in 4.0, I am a Mac nc40. It gave me a light to medium coverage. I was on my second tube, but tried double wear and felt in love because it gave me more coverage. But overall a good foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by dessiilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product provides light to medium coverage, does not cake at all on my skin, and stays on pretty much all day.
However, it has a horrible shade range (I'm intensity 1 and it is way too pink on me), and it just looks greasy on me right away no matter what I do :( so for that I give it a 4, but its still very nice. If they had better shade choices I would repurchase

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I have had wonderful luck w/ Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation (see my review) which as far as coverage for my mild redness on my cheeks/nose/chin areas is a step up from Revlon Colorstay (see my review). However, I got tired of having to use a color corrector and then the foundation. I test drove this foundation and the regular Double Wear (see review).

To me, this product is a very expensive dupe to the Rimmell = won't purchase.

I have slight redness (rosacea) on my cheeks/nose/chin along w/ 3 melasma spots. W/ this product, just like the Rimmell, I have to use color corrector on those spots + undereye concealer

This gave me about about 8-10 hours w/out setting w/ Urban Decay All Nighter and about 14 hours w/ the UD (same lasting times as the Rimmell).

For reference, I'm MAC = NC 15; EM = Fairly Light; Rimmell = Ivory; Revlon Colorstay = Buff; Jane Iredale = Bisque; Avon Smooth Pressed Minerals = T04 (hopefully all this extra info will be helpful to someone) and the 01 was a great match for me.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by ariella1726

I've been using this foundation every day for the last 9 months and am almost finishing my first tube. So even though it cost me $77 AUD, it really is worth the money. This is considering I use about a pea sized amount for my entire face and I apply with my fingers, as I think that using a brush makes it too thick and cakey (and wastes product)

Intensity 2.0 is also a perfect match for my skin. I think I'm an NC25

I've had a problem with previous foundations where halfway through the day, my foundation would break down and appear patchy even with the use of finishing powder, especially on my upper lip, cheeks and around my nose. On days where I would be at out all day and knew that I was going out at night as well, I would resort to bringing face wash and re-applying everything at uni.

Thankfully I haven't had this problem at all with the double wear light - it appears fresh after an entire uni day (I apply it at about 7:30 in the morning and I'd often get home after 7). Although the lasting power is probably enhanced by the finishing powder that i use and love (Ben nye luxury powder in buff) On hotter days, or days where I've run around, I would blot or reapply Ben Nye, and that would make my foundation appear perfect again.

The best part is that it appears very natural (unless you really cake it on). It dries quickly after application, but you can add on another layer on top of dark circles for example, without it looking thick. I dab it onto my acne scars or red spots and it covers it up nicely (not completely, but I don't mind showing some light dots as I feel that's more natural)

I've already repurchased my second tube for when the first one runs out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by mayla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

In my search for the perfect foundation (12 years and countless brands) this is definitely the best thus far. I wear it almost daily and a tube lasts me about a year so cost is really irrelevant. I have very schizophrenic skin that can be anywhere between dry and flaky and super oily. No matter what I do or how dry my skin is, I will have a shiny t-zone within 2 hours of washing my face but this foundation ensures that my skin looks even, feels comfortable and that my makeup stays put all day, with minimal blotting. It looks like I'm not wearing any makeup as coverage is light but effective at evening my skin tone. Of course, I still need concealer for major blemishes though. It does dry quite quickly upon application so if you want heavy coverage, apply thickly initially as opposed to layering. The colour (1.0) is perfect for me so I guess I'm lucky that the limited shade range isn't a problem. Overall, I don't think I'll ever find a better foundation - my search is over :-)