April 20, 2014 | 1353 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by arenee202

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

THE BEST all day complete coverage makeup that looks and feels all natural all day. *Must be paired with the concealer to look good. If you want long lasting coverage that doesnt eventually set into lines and cause that thick look then this is the only one I have yet to find..the perk is not only does it last and look natural but it gives that supple youthfulness to your skin. I use the concealer under eyes around crease and over "frown lines" so less visable. I have freckles and this covers if I want it to. My cousin uses it to have coverage for her acne on her cheeks..her past foundation the max coverage double wear looked cackie over her blemishes. I have uploaded a pick where I am wearing the Double Wear light and the bonze goddess bronzer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by alijay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best thing about this is the hygenic tube.
The color range is limiting. I had shade 2.0- it was an ok match.
The smell is horrific- it's so pungent, I was surprised at how few others mentioned it.
After i got past it, it dissipated- but the foundation made my face itch ultimately.
Not for me. And the smell- grrr. Glad it was a sample- won't be purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love everything about this makeup. Let's start with the raves: the medium is the most perfect match for my skin (NC30). A little goes a long way and it blends like a dream with my fingers. No primer is needed. It lasts all freaking day long. It doesn't cake, it doesn't settle into my fine lines, it doesn't float, it doesn't oxidize and best of all, it covers everything while still looking natural. This looks just as great when I get home from work as it did when I put it on 10-11 hours earlier. This is by far the closest I've found to a 'my skin but better' product. Absolutely no break outs. The packaging is terrific, I can get every last drop out by cutting the tube. Price is reasonable.Now, for the rants. *sounds crickets*

I wish I had found this sooner. It would have saved me a lot of money.

UPDATE: I still love this but I think they reformulated w/o the SPF 10, just FYI.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this foundation. This is my HG in summer or when I want good coverage. I'm lucky that I found one to match my skin tone very well as the shade selection is very poor.

I use Bourjois 10hr sleep effect for now because I don't need the coverage this provides and after having my bottle of this for a year, it started to itch on my cheeks at the end of the day. (Probably expired but the tube has lasted me along time with everyday use). It is way too expensive but worth it. Regular Double Wear is much too heavy for me to wear. This is much lighter.

I will say I don't like the scent of it but it's not too bad. And you have to work with it very fast as it sets quickly. It also doesn't oxidize, I use less concealer due to the coverage this provides on pimples and it doesn't break me out or make me oily faster.

However, you have to cleanse really well to get this stuff off at the end of the day. But at least it's not as heavy as MAC's Studio Fix Fluid. Another con is that the bottle sometimes squirts out too much product so I have to fiddle with it to get it to suck it back into the tube and the tube can get messy.

I wrote that I'd repurchase but it's more like a maybe as I'm sure there are foundations out there just like this but for a better price. We shall see :o)

(edited to add: I went back to this from the Bourjois foundation because of the transferring problem of 10hr sleep effect and I was breaking out badly and needed more coverage. This hardly transfers and does a good job of controlling the oil on my face. And I love the coverage!)

If my review helped you, click yes below!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by KatieLesterUK

This is my go too foundation, I usually wear this or Mac Studio Fix Fluid!
Pros:
•Stays on all day
•Thick, so good coverage
•Buildable
•Doesnt make me break out
Cons:
•Heavy on the skin
•Expensive
•Coverage wears off through out the day
•Drys out skin
•You have to work fast with it, or it looks uneven

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Cazzy21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am on my third tube of this and I LOVE IT!!! its the best foundation I have tried yet and I don't plan on changing it. It is quite expensive, at £27.50 however it lasts for months....even if you use it every day. I tend to save up beauty points from the store I buy it from and so I always buy with my points. Its only flaw really is if you don't moisturise before, it can look a bit uneven (I have dry patches on my cheeks) but other than that. perfect!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by lavelle365

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Just finishing off a big sample pot of this thanks to the lovely sales team at the EL counter at House of Fraser. I have ordered the full size tube. This is an old-tech, super long wearing, matt finish foundatin. It's not subtle (even when applied thinly, it still gives a 'made up' look) but it gives good coverage, smooths pores a bit, and copes with the hideously oily t-zone very well indeed. The compromise with this is driven by the fact that I have very combination skin with horrendously oily t-zone and very dry undereye/cheek area. So, I have to bias any foundation to the oily skin products. Alas, it's super drying in the undereye/cheek area, but I'll tolerate this for the freedom of putting makeup on at 8am and not having to blot, powder, or touch up in any way at all until after 4pm. It's not an HG product (for that, I'd like the mattifying performance but with 'like skin but better' invisibility - this product probably doesn't exist). Meantime, it's a pragmatic choice for when you want super long lasting coverage without having to check for oil breakthrough or worry about doing touchups for many, many hours. The squeezy tube is light, portable and suitable for travel too. Performance per £ is good, justifying the uplift on price from the Revlon Colourstay market. EDIT: this foundation performs poorly once blotted and re-touched with a powder foundation later in the day. Settled a bit into pores and skin started to look older and tired by 8pm. Switched to the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish, which did outform this EL foundation in winter, we'll see how the BB goes in summer. I'll hang onto the EK meantime, but it's definitely giving my skin an older look than other products.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Sagerae

I'm on my 3rd tube now. Feels light but do not really control oil. Still using this as I've not found any that is better. However intending to switch to shiseido sun protection liquid protection as it has better SPF protection.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by featherbriefcase

I love this product! I used to use the regular DL but it felt too thick and was hard to take off. Also, I'm a man who wears base to even out my skin tone so it is very important that it not show. I loved the coverage of the regular DL but it was too mask like and in photos you could totally tell that I was wearing cover up! It would also get flaky in spots where my acne meds dried up my skin even though I moisturized and primed and prepped my skin.

One of my best GF's, well two of them use DL Light and I asked for her advise, because as she says, "I've been doing this since I was 13", and so I gave it a shot. I used to wear DLL in shade 4 and it blended beautifully into my skin. Its winter and I'm lighter and not riding my bike a lot so I've lightened considerably. So I have to mix the 3 and 4, I use half and half and it matches perfectly.

I find that if you apply it quickly by dotting it on face or making lines with a foundation brush (I like EL's better than MACs or any other) and then start spreading it with a brush it looks much better - the less fuss the better. I used to take a long time blending but I found that if I spread it out and smooth it out as quickly as I can it looks so much better, probably because it dries fast. I then go over it with a Japanesque stippling brush and blend, not in circles but in sweeping motions over the contours of my face and especially and round the hairline and jawline blending down the neck.

Next, I use the EL DL Full coverage and put a tiny dot on the back of my hand and mix with equal small dots of DL 3 and DL 4. I blend it all into the Japanesque Pointed Foundation brush and go over the spots that are darker or red from acne. Lastly, I go back over my face with the Japanesque stippling brush and it blends foundation and concealer perfectly.

I then set with EL DL mineral powder in shade three with a brush by blotting it onto the skin, not rubbing it in. I then use bare minerals faux tan on the forehead, bridge of nose, across apples of check and blend back, the temples chin and then blend the rest of whats on the brush around the perimeter of my face.

LASTLY, I set the foundation and powder with Kat Von D setting spray, or Urban Decay All Night Setting Spray. While its still damp I use another stippling brush (its advertised as a highlight brush, but it works like a large stippler) by SOHO (available at Wal-Greens) and blend it all in with gentle stippling and blending around the hairline and jawline.

This process gives me a flawless finish in any light!

You can add blush, I dont because i'm a guy. But I use a little brown shadow, a liquid liner lightly, curl my lashes, and use clear mascara on my brows. Lastly I use Burts Bees tinted chap stick in Hibiscus to give my lips a beautiful natural looking healthy tint and TADAH! Beautiful!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by hiba1

i really really love this foundation and i would love to repurchase again,it matched my skin tone perfectly and it does stays on face all day and it's just as better as when you first apply it, but unfortunately it broke me out and until now i'm constantly trying to convene myself that it's not the cause of the breakouts but it is !
and it has controlled my oily skin,i'm telling you this foundation is really amazing unless you have an acne prone skin then 95% you'll get break outs.