September 2, 2014 | 1711 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Brendab11

This product let me down, lots. I brought it at a Macy's counter and the lady helping me tried it on my face, it was good until i went to school and left it on throughout the whole day, it was gone by the middle of the day and i felt as if i had to reapply throughout the day even with my smashbox primer, i didnt like it at all & there aren't many color variations

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried it in 4.0, I am a Mac nc40. It gave me a light to medium coverage. I was on my second tube, but tried double wear and felt in love because it gave me more coverage. But overall a good foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by dessiilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product provides light to medium coverage, does not cake at all on my skin, and stays on pretty much all day.
However, it has a horrible shade range (I'm intensity 1 and it is way too pink on me), and it just looks greasy on me right away no matter what I do :( so for that I give it a 4, but its still very nice. If they had better shade choices I would repurchase

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I have had wonderful luck w/ Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation (see my review) which as far as coverage for my mild redness on my cheeks/nose/chin areas is a step up from Revlon Colorstay (see my review). However, I got tired of having to use a color corrector and then the foundation. I test drove this foundation and the regular Double Wear (see review).

To me, this product is a very expensive dupe to the Rimmell = won't purchase.

I have slight redness (rosacea) on my cheeks/nose/chin along w/ 3 melasma spots. W/ this product, just like the Rimmell, I have to use color corrector on those spots + undereye concealer

This gave me about about 8-10 hours w/out setting w/ Urban Decay All Nighter and about 14 hours w/ the UD (same lasting times as the Rimmell).

For reference, I'm MAC = NC 15; EM = Fairly Light; Rimmell = Ivory; Revlon Colorstay = Buff; Jane Iredale = Bisque; Avon Smooth Pressed Minerals = T04 (hopefully all this extra info will be helpful to someone) and the 01 was a great match for me.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by ariella1726

I've been using this foundation every day for the last 9 months and am almost finishing my first tube. So even though it cost me $77 AUD, it really is worth the money. This is considering I use about a pea sized amount for my entire face and I apply with my fingers, as I think that using a brush makes it too thick and cakey (and wastes product)

Intensity 2.0 is also a perfect match for my skin. I think I'm an NC25

I've had a problem with previous foundations where halfway through the day, my foundation would break down and appear patchy even with the use of finishing powder, especially on my upper lip, cheeks and around my nose. On days where I would be at out all day and knew that I was going out at night as well, I would resort to bringing face wash and re-applying everything at uni.

Thankfully I haven't had this problem at all with the double wear light - it appears fresh after an entire uni day (I apply it at about 7:30 in the morning and I'd often get home after 7). Although the lasting power is probably enhanced by the finishing powder that i use and love (Ben nye luxury powder in buff) On hotter days, or days where I've run around, I would blot or reapply Ben Nye, and that would make my foundation appear perfect again.

The best part is that it appears very natural (unless you really cake it on). It dries quickly after application, but you can add on another layer on top of dark circles for example, without it looking thick. I dab it onto my acne scars or red spots and it covers it up nicely (not completely, but I don't mind showing some light dots as I feel that's more natural)

I've already repurchased my second tube for when the first one runs out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by mayla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

In my search for the perfect foundation (12 years and countless brands) this is definitely the best thus far. I wear it almost daily and a tube lasts me about a year so cost is really irrelevant. I have very schizophrenic skin that can be anywhere between dry and flaky and super oily. No matter what I do or how dry my skin is, I will have a shiny t-zone within 2 hours of washing my face but this foundation ensures that my skin looks even, feels comfortable and that my makeup stays put all day, with minimal blotting. It looks like I'm not wearing any makeup as coverage is light but effective at evening my skin tone. Of course, I still need concealer for major blemishes though. It does dry quite quickly upon application so if you want heavy coverage, apply thickly initially as opposed to layering. The colour (1.0) is perfect for me so I guess I'm lucky that the limited shade range isn't a problem. Overall, I don't think I'll ever find a better foundation - my search is over :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by xxBeautyObsessedxx

I absolutely adore this foundation. It gives me natural coverage with a lovely satin finish. I find that a little goes a long way and it lasts throughout the day without need for touch ups. My only problem is the colour. Intensity 1.0 is too dark for me and I can only use it when I'm tanned or I have to mix a white foundation with it to get my perfect shade. Apart from that I would re-purchase and it's worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

I purchased this foundation for my wedding a couple of years ago and I was immediately impressed at the coverage and the long-wearing nature of Estee Lauder Double Wear Light. It offers a dewy finish, but not so overt that it comes off shiny in photos when set with powder and a spritz of water. Although it worked great for photos, I would not repurchase this foundation for day-to-day use. The color the SA set me up with, intensity #2, ran a tad too yellow, in my opinion, but more than anything it felt too heavy for regular use.

In my observation, silicones, such as Dimethicone, are responsible for some of the foundations that wear the longest and are most resistant to oil and water. Unfortunately, they don't always breathe all that well. In short, silicone-heavy formulas don't feel all that natural or healthy. As such, I would reserve Estee Lauder Double Wear Light for special occasions, especially those where re-touching one's makeup is out of the question. When I need a long-wearing foundation for daytime or casual use, I feel the equally-effective, lighter-on-the-skin alternative is Revlon's ColorStay Foundation. Of course, it doesn't hurt that the price and the color choices are better too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've heard that the Double Wear is really good at coverage but masks you up, so I thought I'd give DW Light a try. This idea lasted pretty much until I looked at my face in the mirror after getting it painted on at the counter - maybe she put it on really thick, but it looked like a ton of makeup and masky and you could very clearly see 5-6 pores in my nose like little holes in the foundation. When I disapproved the salesperson told me that I just have to exfoliate and moisturise "a lot" to wear this foundation.
I politely declined to purchase. My roommate even commented on how terrible it looked when I got home and went to wash the whole load off. My search for a good foundation continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Misirlou1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't hate this foundation, but it just isn't ideal for my skin type. It didn't irritate my skin, which made me happy.But I found the finish a bit too matte, which was great for my oily skin...but not so for my large pores. This foundation really accentuated them, which wasn't very attractive :( Maybe I just put on too much, maybe it was the combination with the powder... I don't know.... It just didn't look pretty on my face... And it also didn't control my oil, because after a few hours my face looked all shiny again.

I bought tis in the lightest shade, which was still a tiny bit too dark for my NC20 skin, and it had a slight hint of pink in it (so not a super match for my yellow based skin tone)

But... I won't throw it away yet, because I do love the fact that (although it is hard to remove) it didn't clog my pores or irritated my skin, which is a big plus. Just have to experiment a little bit more with a primer, other way of apllicitations etc... But not right now, because I have my rosacea (almost/sort of) under control , so i just love to use a minimum of make-up and skincare products: rozex cream, sunscreen, mascara, Jane Iredale purepressed base and blush. I don't like the idea of putting to much products on my face, so if I don't need to hide/camouflage a lot of spots I go for a natural look :)