Chloe Chloe (EDP)

4.2

on 11/16/2011 9:32:00 PM

I've been wanting this perfume for the longest time before finally getting it, and i love how it smells - a lil musky and vintage. Somehow it always smells familiar to me. This scent is probably my favorite for winter.

on 11/16/2011 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I cannot pin-point the exact reason why, but "new" Chloe makes me think of Quelques Fleurs. Chloe doesn't smell anything like Quelques Fleurs, but, to me, Chloe has a vintage, highly feminine feel that evokes a similar atmosphere. Chloe brings to mind Rosaline lace, vanity sets, and jet jewelry. Chloe is a rosy fragrance that smells like perfume. It makes no attempt to smell alive, or to replicate a garden, and that's what I love best about it. When I first tested Chloe several years ago, I was surprised (and delighted) that a fragrance so classic in feel, and in packaging, would be launched in department stores. In some circles, there is no insult worse for a perfume than being accused of smelling like "an old lady" (a cruel phrase if I've ever heard one), and when I sniffed Chloe, I immediately pictured masses of pinched faces and cries of, "This smells like my grandmother." (In this, I suppose I'm showing my age. Many younger fragrances-wearers associate Amazing Grace and dryer-sheet notes with their grandmothers.) My nose categorizes Chloe with time-honored perfumes that my classy Nanas might have worn (but didn't - one wore Royal Secret, the other wore Fabergé Tigress) like Emeraude, L'Aimant, or L'Air du Temps: unabashedly synthetic prima donnas, flaunting powder and sharp, lily of the valley-soaked rose. I adore Chloe because Chloe smells like perfume; not like laundry soap, shampoo, or deodorant. As Chloe warms on my skin it gets "rosier" but it's never a blatant rose-watery scent. It's very, very beautiful. My husband really likes Chloe, and that alone makes it special for me, because he has an aversion to many, many fragrances.

on 11/6/2011 7:35:00 AM

This is for the new one. Nothing like the classic. I like the scent, but it is gone in 2hours from my skin. There is something interesting about this that does catch my attention, tho. I could wear this to the office as it is not strong.

on 11/5/2011 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Chloe smells like roses and clean laundry. The roses are just a bit too strong for me. It makes me sneeze. I do like floral scents, but this one is overpowering. It's definitely a feminine scent. Not too young, not too old. I'd say it's best for a woman in her 20s-30s. My boyfriend wasn't a fan of it either. I wore it for 2 weeks straight, and every time I'd spray it in the morning, he'd cringe and tell me that he didn't like it. It's not a "stinky" scent, it just makes my nose runny and itchy.

on 11/2/2011 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

The fragrance is that of a green rose-very pure and simple! Although I am not generally a rose scent fan, I rather enjoy this, especially as a day fragrance when I do not wan anything more complicated. Good sillage and average lasting power. I don't think it is full bottle worthy, though.

on 10/18/2011 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm sorry, what? WHAT is so lovely about this perfume? On me it opens with a headache-enducing STENCH of concentrated Yes dishwasher detergent .. and that's about all that this perfume smells -- both top, heart and base note. It is truly terrible and gave me a headache for real. Would never buy a full bottle!

on 9/29/2011 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I don't understand the point of reviewing fragrances since it's so individualistic, but this scent somehow changed on me, and that's why I'm doing this. I first bought this perfume in July 2010 after having smelled it in magazines and LOVING it. I think I paid around $90 for the larger one (can't remember the oz.). In addition to the scent, the bottle was just gorgeous (though the paint on the metal has faded after a year). I wore it obsessively after I bought it and it always smelled great on me; so pretty, and the layers were incredible. Unfortunately, lately I've noticed that it smells like PICKLES a few minutes after I spray it on, once it settles in. The only way it doesn't smell like pickles is if I spray it on my clothes or hair only, NOT on my skin. I'm bummed because I loved it. But something must've just changed in my body chemistry. I still reccommend it because you never know how it will smell on you, but the effect may wear off after a while. *ETA* After a year of regular use, I still have half the bottle left.

on 9/14/2011 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This scent is very offensive for me, it is too strong and metallic. The metal part of the bottle has also turned ugly. Whenever I wear it, I'm afraid to disturb others because of the strong smell.

on 9/9/2011 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE lychee (love it so much, it's in my screen name!! ^_^) and was SO happy when I discovered this scent at Nordstrom. There's only one other perfume that I love more and that's Jo Malone.

I'm SUPER picky when it comes to scents but this one is PERFECT. Just two drops and it lasts all day and keeps me feeling so clean and sexy. The scent is not over powering (Unless you drown yourself in the stuff). It's very light, crisp, refreshing, and elegant.
Chloe is something I will wear for the rest of my life! It's perfect for the preteen starting to experiment with beauty products to my grandmother (may she rest in peace). It's appropriate for all ages! This is the new Chanel No. 5!

on 9/1/2011 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'd been searching for my go to fragrance for a while when I stumbled upon this at Sephora. I'd tried Daisy by Marc Jacobs and the flower tones were too strong. DKNY pink didn't last long enough. Viva la Juicy by Juicy Couture was too sweet and so was Princess by Vera Wang. After smelling about 20 on the shelves I noticed this one. Such a neat little bottle! The ribbon is adorable and gives it the simple elegant touch we've come to love from Chloe. What first hit me were the notes of lychee but I couldn't single out anything else. I've been wearing it everyday for a month and it took me a while to realize what the smell reminded me of. It reminds me of taking a walk in the park outside in the early hours of the morning. It's fresh and delicate, like catching a whiff of nearby flowers.

The scent is long lasting, especially if some of it gets on your clothes. It's definitely a bit strong at first but once the alcohol wears off it's the greatest of smell.

Will definitely be repurchasing again and again and again although at 60$ for 30ml it makes for an expensive fragrance.

Popular Fragrances