November 27, 2014 | 1490 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think I am going to be the only one in the world to say this judging from the reviews but this was not exfoliating enough for me! I know people are going to think I'm crazy because people either love it or think it's too rough. But I have been using an exfoliating glove for years and years and my skin is used to deep, daily exfoliation. My skin just loves to be exfoliated and thanks me for it. But these remind me exactly of the gloves that I normally use, they are nothing special. Some gloves are gentler than others but the ones I've used have the exact same texture as this cloth, I thought it was going to give me a true deep exfoliation based on the reviews here. The only plus I see is that it is good for people that have a hard time reaching their back but I am pretty flexible and have no problem reaching my own back so this doesn't matter to me. I actually discovered another exfoliating cloth called Italy Cloth made in Korea (don't ask me why it's called Italy cloth when it's made in Korea! No clue.). I bought them on ebay and they were very cheap. They have 3 levels of exfoliation coded by different colors which is nice since you can customize it for your skin needs. The Salux are not rough enough for me, which I know will sound strange to most people. But I did give one to my husband because he has issues with some back breakouts in spots he can't reach and he has only been using this once a week and his skin is baby soft and smooth to the point where it's making me jealous! LOL. He hasn't commented on the cloth being too rough but he only uses it once a week so for him, I guess it might be too much for every day. So everybody's skin is different, obviously. If anybody has tough skin like mine, hope you will find this review helpful.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by djd381

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cloth is abrasive, but in a good way. My skin has never been so smooth! It took a few uses to get use to, but it is very effective at sloughing off dead skin cells. I also like that it dries quickly. A regular cotton washcloth can harbor bacteria if not replaced after each shower, but I drape this on my shower caddy and it air dries in just a few minutes. It also needs less soap than a regular washcloth and can replace any "scrubby" face wash.

The cloth has helped reduced the amount of ingrown hairs on my legs, which is why I wanted to try it. It is also great for the feet in between pumicing.

It did cause a slight back break out after about a week due to overzealous use. It cleared up quickly though.

Since this sloughs SO WELL, this would be disaster for a spray tanner. However, this would be great to use pre-spray!

For $4.50 on eBay, you can't beat it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This thing is amazing for preventing ingrown hairs and getting rid of dry skin. It's also really helped with the little flesh-coloured bumps I get with KP (though it tends to make the red ones worse). I'm currently using it in conjunction with a salicylic acid-based cleanser for my body acne too, which seems to be going pretty well!
I order my cloths online for 4 each including P&P which isn't too costly considering how well they work. They're certainly more effective than anything I've found in Boots and make exfoliating that much easier.
Thanks for the recommendation, makeupalley!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by addicted2mu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for 12 years and I cannot live without it. It exfoliates very well. I buy it for $2.99 at a local korean grocery store. Great price for a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by devotdsatellite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has completely changed the way I shower for the better. My skin is smoother and I can't shower without it. I bring it on vacation and trips home to see my family. It is really great for buffing out dry spots. I use a mild aveeno cleanser with it and it works great. It also helps my husband be less stinky after his workouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Diadore

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This exfoliates my skin so well and works way better than any other loofah I have used. I have oily bumpy skin that can handle scrubbing and my sister has sensitive oily skin and both of us can use this towel without a problem. I have never had a problem with it chafing my skin or causing any redness or irritation. It makes my skin so soft and it has helped my chicken skin and made most of the bumps on my back disappear.
I bought this offline and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! The first time I used it, I thought it was a little rough compared to using a loofah, but after the first time, I definitely preferred this. You can easily exfoliate your whole body; it was always so hard to clean my back with anything else I tried. Also, it lasts for a long time before fraying. Actually, I don't think the one I had frayed, I just decided to go ahead and buy a new one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by sarahcoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

These are AH-MAZING. Exfoliates until your skin is baby soft, lathers soaps and body wash like crazy. Perfect for reaching every nook and cranny. Great for regular exfoliation and a MUST before self-tanning. At $5 you can't go wrong.
Updated: using this on rough spots like elbows and knees, then putting on some Bag Balm...SOFTNESS!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by tripleL

Just like everyone else said, this product is indeed cheap, dries fast, lathers well, and exfoliates great. The first time I used it, it kinda hurt and I didn't rub too hard but the second time I got kinda used to it. I had a callous on the back of my ankle from years of shoe rubbing and it's actually become softer after scrubbing with this and applying AmLactin after showering.

My bf used this cloth also and said "my skin feels strange... like a woman's" aka it feels softer than normal!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by insanity89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

AWESOME!!!!!!! I bought this a few weeks ago based on the reviews. works really well. showers arent the same without this. Just dont use on sunburned areas. i learned that the hard way