April 16, 2014 | 1923 users online

Highlighters - Christian Dior - Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

This is a great highlighter for day and night. I wear it to work and it gives the subtlest shimmer, and then I pack it on for a night out (cupids bow, cheekbones, eyebrow, inner tear duct area). I've given it a 2 for packaging because all my other dior cases have shattered. This hasn't yet, but I highly doubt it'll stand up against the trend. They have got to fix that!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by zeje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish this product worked for me as well as it has worked for others. I have to be very light handed otherwise it makes me look very ashy. I also don't find it to be very blendable. I think the reason that it doesn't work for me is mostly because of my skintone and my undertones. Too much work to make this work for me so i don't use it very often.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2010 7:19:00 AM More reviews by greekmom2005

I love this, but mine shattered into a zillion pieces after only owning it a short time. Argh. I am not rough with my stuff either.....Very frustrating.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by meganmomoney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! I have the rose diamond shimmer powder as well and they are both awesome! I like the fact that you can use them as a blush, bronzer, or highlighter. I am very fair (mac nc15) and I can wear this as a bronzer, but I can also use a mac 188 brush and get just the two lightest shades and use it as a highlighter on my cheekbones. This product is not too glittery or over the top. The shimmer in it is very refined and high quality, which I love:) I would definitely recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by MiniHorsey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a lovely highlighter, but I don't know that it's worth its price. This is fairly subtle, but I can definitely see individual flecks in certain lighting. This is not very pigmented, which is good for people who are afraid to overdo things, but I find myself having to swatch more than once for a good payoff. I do love the different colors in the one compact and I use the different stripes for different areas of my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by ELPrecord

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite highlighter thus far. I do need to say that I still see little shimmery particles on my cheeks when applied, not as finely milled as I had read about (but much better than MSF's - blows By Candlelight and Nars Albatross out of the water). I wish they would come out with a very very finely milled highlighter that would provide a true halo effect without ANY type of glitter(no matter how small)..I have to say this is VERY CLOSE.

The price is the real downfall for this product..$44 at Sephora..hmm. IMHO..this shouldn't be priced more than $30-$32. It's quite beautiful and will put it to good use..but $44 is simply outrageous.

There would be no reason to repurchase this unless I shattered it because "a little goes a long way". If you had to buy ANY highlighter out of all that have been made thus far..I would recommend you invest in this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this highlight! I have macs MSF in shimpagne which is my HG!!! It is the most amazing highlight! So I wasn't sure if I should get this because I didn't know if they were similar. Shimpagne is a bit more chunky, Dior is more finely milled so it a lot better to use during the day. It gives you the most beautiful glow I love this so so so much! This is one of the most expensive highlights I have ever bought but It is well worth it! Pick this one up ladies you won't be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by obssd4s4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is by far the most expensive make-up product I have purchased, but I am so glad I did! This is my second powder highlighter and I LOVE IT!!!!!!! It just gives you such a beautiful but natural glow and the packaging is like none other. I like that I can get adjust the level of sheen by swirling my brush in all or just a few of the color strips. I tend to use the darker strips on the top of my cheekbones and leave the lighter colors for a brow highlight or the inner corner of my eyes. If I am in rush I just swipe my brush across the palette and I am good to go. This is by far my best purchase this year and plan on using it for as long as it is around, which I hope is for a very long time! By the way, my skin tone falls between tan and dark and I have combo/acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 8:19:00 AM More reviews by mxhx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a gift from my aunt and wow i love this.
When I first got it, I didn't really know much about highlighters so I was like..ok I don't need this. So I didn't even use it for so long! But this summer, I actually got really interested in highlighters so I gave this a try.
and wowwwwww I love it.
I would actually repurchase this too! which is pretty crazy for me. I still want to try out Nars' Albatross but this is probably better.
You just get a really great sheen and I 've been using this instead of bllush which I really like.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by daijy1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

WOW. I have so many highlighters, but have heard great things about this one from YouTube guru's and bloggers. I was reluctant on buying it because I couldn't justify the need for another highlighter after swatching it on my hand, and not noticing anything extraordinary about it. Finally, I gave in and purchased it.

I apply it from the tops of my cheeks to my temples in a "c" shape using the mac 188 stippling brush. The product applies like a DREAM. It truly puts my face together by giving it that healthy iridescence. The is SO different from my other highlighters (in the best way possible) - I would repurchase in a HEARTBEAT!

Also, I have found that this does not irritate my skin at all, something that is rare for me, as almost everything 'shimmer/glitter/highlight, etc.' seems to irritate my skin, leaving small bumps at the end of the night.

REFERENCE: NARS Sheerglow in Barcelona, Chanel Vitalumiere Powder Foundation in BA30