Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08

4.5

mica, talc, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, zea mays (corn) starch, dimethicone, dipentaerythrityl hexahtdroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, isopropyl isostearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, sorbitan stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, butylene glycol, silica dimethyl silylate, aqua (water), nylon-12, polyacrylamide, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid, c13-14 isoparaffin, xanthan gum, laureth-7. [ /-: silica, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77491 CI 77499 CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77007 (ultramarines) CI 19140 (yellow 5), CI 77742 (manganese violet) CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens)].

on 8/4/2010 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love this highlighter. This is the only thing I use now, it's very subtle, gives me a natural looking glow, not fake and glittery like alot of highlighters. It is expensive, but lasts forever and is much better than anything else I have tried, so yeah, it's worth it.

on 8/3/2010 9:58:00 AM

This is a great highlighter for day and night. I wear it to work and it gives the subtlest shimmer, and then I pack it on for a night out (cupids bow, cheekbones, eyebrow, inner tear duct area). I've given it a 2 for packaging because all my other dior cases have shattered. This hasn't yet, but I highly doubt it'll stand up against the trend. They have got to fix that!

on 8/1/2010 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I wish this product worked for me as well as it has worked for others. I have to be very light handed otherwise it makes me look very ashy. I also don't find it to be very blendable. I think the reason that it doesn't work for me is mostly because of my skintone and my undertones. Too much work to make this work for me so i don't use it very often.

on 7/25/2010 7:19:00 AM

I love this, but mine shattered into a zillion pieces after only owning it a short time. Argh. I am not rough with my stuff either.....Very frustrating.

on 7/19/2010 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! I have the rose diamond shimmer powder as well and they are both awesome! I like the fact that you can use them as a blush, bronzer, or highlighter. I am very fair (mac nc15) and I can wear this as a bronzer, but I can also use a mac 188 brush and get just the two lightest shades and use it as a highlighter on my cheekbones. This product is not too glittery or over the top. The shimmer in it is very refined and high quality, which I love:) I would definitely recommend this.

on 7/18/2010 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is definitely a lovely highlighter, but I don't know that it's worth its price. This is fairly subtle, but I can definitely see individual flecks in certain lighting. This is not very pigmented, which is good for people who are afraid to overdo things, but I find myself having to swatch more than once for a good payoff. I do love the different colors in the one compact and I use the different stripes for different areas of my face.

on 7/18/2010 3:08:00 PM

This is my favorite highlighter thus far. I do need to say that I still see little shimmery particles on my cheeks when applied, not as finely milled as I had read about (but much better than MSF's - blows By Candlelight and Nars Albatross out of the water). I wish they would come out with a very very finely milled highlighter that would provide a true halo effect without ANY type of glitter(no matter how small)..I have to say this is VERY CLOSE.

The price is the real downfall for this product..$44 at Sephora..hmm. IMHO..this shouldn't be priced more than $30-$32. It's quite beautiful and will put it to good use..but $44 is simply outrageous.

There would be no reason to repurchase this unless I shattered it because "a little goes a long way". If you had to buy ANY highlighter out of all that have been made thus far..I would recommend you invest in this one.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I am in love with this highlight! I have macs MSF in shimpagne which is my HG!!! It is the most amazing highlight! So I wasn't sure if I should get this because I didn't know if they were similar. Shimpagne is a bit more chunky, Dior is more finely milled so it a lot better to use during the day. It gives you the most beautiful glow I love this so so so much! This is one of the most expensive highlights I have ever bought but It is well worth it! Pick this one up ladies you won't be disappointed!

on 7/16/2010 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is by far the most expensive make-up product I have purchased, but I am so glad I did! This is my second powder highlighter and I LOVE IT!!!!!!! It just gives you such a beautiful but natural glow and the packaging is like none other. I like that I can get adjust the level of sheen by swirling my brush in all or just a few of the color strips. I tend to use the darker strips on the top of my cheekbones and leave the lighter colors for a brow highlight or the inner corner of my eyes. If I am in rush I just swipe my brush across the palette and I am good to go. This is by far my best purchase this year and plan on using it for as long as it is around, which I hope is for a very long time! By the way, my skin tone falls between tan and dark and I have combo/acne prone skin.

on 7/9/2010 8:19:00 AM

I got this as a gift from my aunt and wow i love this.
When I first got it, I didn't really know much about highlighters so I was like..ok I don't need this. So I didn't even use it for so long! But this summer, I actually got really interested in highlighters so I gave this a try.
and wowwwwww I love it.
I would actually repurchase this too! which is pretty crazy for me. I still want to try out Nars' Albatross but this is probably better.
You just get a really great sheen and I 've been using this instead of bllush which I really like.