October 31, 2014 | 1676 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 5:16:00 AM More reviews by i8alltheBacon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This really does work!!...I've been using this on my brows and lashes for a few months now...my brows/lashes have never looked better. I had sorta bald parts in my brows and the hair has filled in....I'm also constantly having to trim my brows with scissors now because they grow so fast. My lashes have always been long, but they would always crease and bend in different directions. I had to pluck them out sometimes because they wouldn't go into place even when I used a curler...not anymore.*******What I do is apply the oil on my brows and lashes with a lip brush (apply it to my lids like an eye liner and kinda coat my lashes too) about a half hour/hour before bed to make sure it soaks in before getting wiped off on the pillow while I sleep. I'm using a store brand castor oil from a drug store.When the bottle is done I'll go and get a really good organic cold pressed one from a health food store because I assume it's probably better, more pure.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Michla_1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love castor oil!!! I use it for a variety of things and recommend it for the following:

Eyebrows/Lashes - it will definitely help you keep both in tip top shape! I do notice growth as well with my eyebrows - not so sure about the lashes.

Face- When your skin is in need of some serious moisturizing tlc - this is a good product to use. I use aha products and sometimes I really need to balance out my parched skin and I simply apply a dime sized amount to my face in the evening and wake up to hyrdated, dewey skin.

Bruises - helps to heal bruises more quickly.

Soreness - You can place castor oil on your sore area, cover with plastic and then heat and it significantly reduces pain, inflamation. By the following day your soress will be just about gone.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

I got a medium ish sized bottle from a pharmacy in Bedford for 3.27 :-)

I let a trickle of this gloop onto my cleaned mascara wand (max factor one) the brush it through my lashes, en do the same on the other eye. Sometimes I'll whizz the wand over my brows as well.
I've noticed since doing this nightly with the odd hour in a morning, my lashes are much much longer than usual! I've had no issues with dry or falling out lashes!

Well another great use is to remove waterproof mascara! I had to buy some waterproof max factor for the first time ever due to constant rainy damp weather her in Manchester uk! I soaked a cotton wool pad with castor oil, rubbed another cotton wool pad ton this to distribute it between two pads, and gently rubbed at my lashes, which took the lot off no problem!

Awesome product!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by GlamorBelle

★★★ I love using this product everywhere, brows, skin, and hair!

Brows: I used it a few weeks and I noticed that they appeared thicker. Not sure if they thickened or not. I would imagine you would have to apply this every day.

Skin: For use when I get out of the shower for my eczema. It's a little sticky but if you do other things like brush your teeth, do your hair etc before you put on your clothes it will absorb into your skin. I would recommend using it when you skin is damp for easier application.

Hair: Only a very small amount for adding to deep conditioners etc because washing it out can be difficult and time consuming if you use too much.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by rock89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Ive been using castor oil (and some good old petroleum jelly) on my eyelashes and eyebrows religiously every night before bed, for about a week now.. and my my have i noticed a difference :D!

I started to use it after hearing so many good reviews about Castor oil for hair growth, whether it be for the stuff growing from ur scalp, or ur face, AND due to the fact that after removing some horrible eyelash extensions that absolutely RUINED by natural lashes, i thought id give this stuff ago.

The results....
I'm quite pleasantly surprised. I wasn't expecting too much from it but i can definitely notice a difference, and its only been a week!

Length wise I don't see much of a difference but i can clearly see a difference in the fullness in BOTH my eye brows and eyelashes. The places where i usually filled in on my eyebrows, no longer need to be filled in (mind u they only needed a little filling in), and the bald spots along my lash line caused by myself plucking out the stupid eyelash extensions are now being filled by new eyelashes. It seems like there are also more eyelashes growing in the lash line making them fuller (although still short since they are baby eyelashes).

i am absolutely in love with this stuff and would totally recommend it! its dirt cheap too! you have nothing to lose. jus make sure u dont use in on other places on your face!!! :)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by kushqueen

i went through a "oil-cleansing method" phase a few months ago, and i've dabbled in a couple of different oils but i've had the best results with argan oil for my face. As for hair, castor oil is incredible. I mix a drop or two in my palm and mix with my shampoo, it seals the cuticle and adds some shine. Ive also read a lot of benefits of castor oil regarding hair growth. Im not sure if this is proven or not, but it seemed to work for my brows. I started growing my brows out completely to reshape them about 4 months ago, and i think putting castor oil on them everynight has definitely contributed to the amount of growth ive gotten. Its so cheap, and so easy to find, i recommend you give it a shot. The consistency of castor oil is super thick so that is why i didnt like really "cleansing" with it. If it didnt help grow my eyebrows, it definitely conditioned them.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by dyancuevas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I primarily started using castor oil as part of my OCM regimen. I massaged a sunflower oil-castor oil mix on my face every night (including eye area) to remove makeup and impurities.I did this with NO THOUGHT WHATSOEVER about its effects on my eyelashes. Now, 3 weeks later, I've started to notice how my lashes (thick but short) were longer. Before, using my Shu Uemura curler (supposedly pinch-free!) actually hurt bec. my lashes were too short to grab. Now I can curl my lashes without resorting to awkward angles just to grab every lash! They're not "eyebrow-grazing long" yet, but I'm 100% sure they're longer because some actually stick out more than the others! I'm assuming the shorter ones are new lashes since I've shed quite a lot of lashes since I started OCM. I love castor oil!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2012 3:55:00 AM More reviews by TaniaThomas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Castor oil is known for centuries which helps in think hair. Thought would try it out on my brow first. Tried it a few times. Initially I didnt feel anything but after a using a few times I noticed that the area around my brow was getting dry and flaky. Horrifying actually I personally wont recommend anyone especially if you have sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 6:33:00 AM More reviews by SavannahAbare

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This castor oil really helped me grow my lashes fast. Its a great natural eyelash growth product!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2012 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Florantine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

this is a good general moisturizer but I don't think it's good to be used on the face, especially if your skin is sensitive to pore clogging stuff. It's really thick and hard to spread. It causes clogged pores for me. I find it work better when combined with other softer more spreadable oils to moisturize dry body skin. I wouldn't use this on my own face.