November 26, 2014 | 1597 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by AmberMarie016

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't live without this product! Living in Texas, I would have makeup sliding down my face by the time I walked to the mailbox lol. I've been on the same tube for a year and a half (don't judge me) and it's still going strong. *The tiniest amount goes a long way* Will always repurchase-if I ever run out of this dang thing :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Too Faced Shadow Insurance is one of the most popular eye primers out there, second only to Urban Decay's Primer Potion. Too Faced describes this primer as "Your full coverage insurance policy against all fading, creasing, and smudging. Our skin soothing formula evens out skin tone and smooths fine lines to create a perfect canvas for shadows. Color is intensified and locked down until you take it off." This eyeshadow primer is paraben free. I got a little 5g (.17 oz) tube of Shadow Insurance in the Too Faced Beauty Editor Darlings set, which I bought at Ulta for $19. The full size of this primer contains 11g (.35 oz) and retails for $20. Too Faced products can be purchased through the brand's website, Sephora, and Ulta. This company does not test on animals. Too Faced Shadow Insurance is made in the USA.
My sample of Too Faced Shadow Insurance comes in packaging nearly identical to the full size. A sky blue squeeze tube topped off with a cap that never wants to stay on. The front of the tube features the Too Faced logo and the product name. The back of the tube offers some miscellaneous information. This squeeze t5ube has a needle nose dispenser, which is very convenient as it prevents contamination and wasted product. I especially like the color of the tube. Too Faced Shadow Insurance's packaging is recyclable.
Too Faced Shadow Insurance is a flesh toned primer with a creamy consistency. Too Faced says you only need a "rain drop" sized amount for each eyelid, which is pretty abstract, but you do only need a little bit. This primer blends out with ease and sets quickly. I don't feel like Shadow Insurance makes application or blending any easier, and it barely intensifies color payoff, but this primer is excellent for preventing creasing and fading. I've never had a single eyeshadow crease on me when worn over Too Faced's primer, even in hot sweaty conditions. Truly impressive. I'd just like to note that this eye primer can separate a little if you don't use it often, so mash your tube a little before each use.
Too Faced Shadow Insurance is excellent for preventing creasing and fading. I can totally understand all the hype around this primer. Actually, I'll even feed into that hype and say that this is my current favorite eye primer. If you're looking for a primer that improves application and boosts the intensity of your colors, keep looking. But, if you just want a primer to keep your shadow in place no matter what, Shadow Insurance is worth the investment. I likely won't purchase a full size of Too Faced Shadow Insurance, I'm loaded with eye primer samples, but I do recommend it if it meets your needs. This is a great primer, well worth it's $20 price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is one of the only products i have actually finished, and a small tube used every day lasted me like two years. you only need a little, its not too oily or too dry, i just love it and i would recommend it, and yes i would buy it again and i plan to, after i use up all my other primers. also, no eye irritation!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by laurencordina

I've been using this product for years and I love it! Does its job and a little goes a LONG way! I will never switch to another eyeshadow primer!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

ok so I got this as a gift as I do with most primers. I don't really think its necessary for me. All I really need is a base to make my eyeshadow pop it pretty much just lasts on its own as I have dry skin. I think its one of those things that seems like you NEED to have it but I think its only necessary if you have oily lids otherwise you can just use a base which is much cheaper and works better I would spend the money to purchase it if I needed to as it works wonders for my best friend who has oily lids but it just isn't for me. Nothing bad to say about it other than mine had liquid that ran out as I opened it

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by drivesl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Too Faced Shadow Insurance is an upstart eyeshadow primer fast becoming as popular as the old stalwart, Urban Decay primer. I tried it first and it is a smoother, more liquid formula, but also gets watery and I personally needed to put more on to have enough and get it to dry. My eyeshadow still creased a bit. Urban Decay primer is a thicker formula, but requires less, dries quicker, keeps eyeshadow on longer... and is obviously better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by PFLovee

I absolutely LOVE this eye primer. I use it everyday, and trust me.. a little goes a long way. The tube may look on the smaller side, but it honestly lasts me up to 5 months if I don't go overboard with my applications. The price is a little high for my poor college-student budget (18$) but it is so worth it. I apply it in the morning and my eyeshadow is still exactly the same at nighttime when I'm ready to wash my face for bed. I have even gone swimming with this on and my eyeshadow only faded a tiny bit (without rubbing, of course). I can not live without this primer. I have finally found the HG for my oily eyelids. <3

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by nykkat

I got this primer in my Too Faced Sweet Indulgences Palette that they were selling at Sephora. The palette itself was a great deal, 52 dollars for 2 blushes, 2 bronzers, a highlighter, this primer, and 12 eyeshadows (i could be wrong about the number of eyeshadows, but that's not the point.)

This was my first experience with a primer, and I was disappointed. While squeezing the tiny tube onto my fingertips, a whole bunch of watery oils came out, then the primer, which had a watery finish. I felt as though I had to use more primer to get the job done, therefor running out of it easily.

To be honest, my makeup only stays on for a maximum of five hours after applying the primer, and my skin is by no means extra oily. I would definitely not recommend this product. I am giving it a three because I have surprisingly used eye primers that are worse.

I'd stick with the UD primer :p

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by fayray00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this primer. My eyeshadow lasts all day (and night in some cases). I've fallen asleep with make-up on after a drunk night and when I woke up the next day, my eye make-up is still there. Only reason I'm giving it 4 instead of 5 stars is because the watery-oily solution separates while in the tube and if I don't keep it standing cap side down, I get a bunch of oily crap coming out followed by the primer. Yuck. Even though this is my go-to primer for the moment, I think I prefer UDPP only because it does even out the redness in my eyelids better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by misfitroses

This product lasts me all day i have no issues with it. Its very creamy, the price wasnt very bad i paid $7.00 online. I really love it.