August 27, 2014 | 1599 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Metronomic

It's great for good color payoff but my eye shadow goes patchy whith this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by mandycool01

Udpp was terrible on me so I tried this primer. Much better for me. I have relatively oily eyelids. Only a little dab is needed on each eye. I spread it on w my finger, let it dry a few seconds, then apply eyeshadow. My fave primer yet. Thus product is not meant to be a base for colors like mac paint pots. Its simply a primer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by groovinchic

This applied fine and initially felt good on my lids but my eyeshadow creased worse than if I hadn't worn a primer. This just wasn't for me. I prefer the original UDPP and even the newer UDPP over TFSI.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by beevanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer or anything or undermine other people's good reviews, but I absolutely hated this primer. I don't understand what the hype is about. First off, it came in a tube... I would have liked it if it came with a doe foot applicator, but it's whatever. The thing that really irritated me is the fact that it's so friggin oily. It seems like I always find the ingredients separating from the oil (that is also one of the ingredients they use). Since it comes in a tube, every time I squeeze it, the actual primer doesn't come out, rather only the oil does. It's so tedious to use this because I find that I always have to "massage" the tube first so that the products can get all mixed up together again before I can actually put it on my lid. The worst part is that it isn't exactly cheap so I feel like it's a complete waste of money. Not only that, but it's so tacky and the colour pay-off is almost close to nothing. I would rather use NYX's primer or Urban Decay's primer. I never should have strayed away from my UD primer to switch it with this one, it wasn't worth it at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Shelbyj1204

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's good stuff, I really like it. Too Faced has really gone above and beyond with making different types of primers. You only need a little bit and he results are lasting. Good buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by VioletxGein

This does do a great job at preventing my eyeshadow from creasing. I tend to wear very dark or very bright eye shadow colors. But it does nothing to make the color brighter. *shrugs* Ah well...but this does make my eyeshadow last while going to metal shows and selling merch at sweaty band venues. I just wish this was not so expensive! I only use this for days when I will be out all night with no mirror around.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

I love this product and personally I think it's better than the UD - Primer potion. I don't know why, but this stuff just really works! I have such small eyelids, so shadow creases really easily. Just not with this!

- Only bad thing about this product, is that is it soo expensive. I only use this on really special occasions. I don't think I'm gonna repurchase this, because of the price. The elf. primer is almost as good, but much cheaper so.. Idk.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Prior to trying Too Faced I was using UDPP (which was horrible for me). Too Faced works way better, but still isn't great for my oily lids.

There was a definite improvement in wearing time and the creasing got better, but still wasn't great.

You only need a tiny, tiny amount or else the product is going to have the opposite effect for you, so at least it lasts you for about 5 months. But make sure to shake the tube before using the primer - it actually separates in the tube because of the oil.

I have since Too Faced switched up to NARS, which works miracles for me. So if you have dry - normal lids, Too Faced is probably going to work for you. If you have oilier lids - I would go with NARS.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by grrrrrace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this eye primer. I was worried because I have oily lids, so I need to apply some sort of eye primer if I want my eye makeup to last all day, and I heard that this primer wasn't the best for oily skin types. However, I ended up really liking it because it worked well. This primer applies smoothly, and makes my eyeshadows relatively easy to blend, unlike UDPP, which was more like a glue-y consistency and made blending eyeshadows a bit difficult.

The only weird thing about it is that it I think it is oil based, so if you don't use the product for a while and then use it again, you'll get an oily discharge from the tube before the actual primer comes out, which is kind of gross. But with consistent use, this primer is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by katherinebertrand

I love this product! My eyeshadow never creases when I wear it and it really does make lower quality eyeshadows appear more pigmented! Soo good! Except I find mine sometimes seperates, as in oil comes out of the top instead of the product, so I am just hoping it doesn't dry up!