Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 1/12/2009 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

One of my all time favorite cleansers! I'm not a fan of the lavender scent, but I love that it can take off my SPF moisturizer (crap, YOU try taking off Shiseido tinted moisturizer without some oil involved) and waterproof mascara (with the help of a cotton swab) without vigorous scrubbing. The trick is to NOT wet your face previous to application. Just squeeze some out in your hand, mix in a bit of warm water, work your hands together to get that great lather, and then apply directly to your face. I have to admit, I have )on occasion) double or triple washed my face with this cleanser to ensure I've gotten every last drop of makeup off my face, but that's because I don't like to use toners. The packaging of this product is very secure (flip cap), but it's ridiculous to have the same concept for a 24 oz bottle since that is a bitch to turn over and pour out (it should come with a pump).

on 1/12/2009 12:32:00 PM

I have combo skin and my nose tends to get very oily and I was worried that it wouldnt hold up in humid weather but wow! it has surprised me... well enough for me to want to buy it again when it runs out. it cleanses without making the skin feel tight as well as act as an astringent hence I need no toner. the price fits what you get- I've used this day and night and its still halfway through 6 months later. Love it!

on 1/11/2009 9:36:00 PM

I enjoyed the clean non-stripped feeling this product provided. It did melt off the MU with the exception of the waterproof mascara that I enjoy and I sort of expected that. But since I have been using this and a few other products from this line I have noticed no new breakouts, faster healing, and "calmer" skin - did not even have those "monthly" bumps - how very nice. I will continue with this line - much less expensive than Lancome and much better results.

on 1/11/2009 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Yep, it's really that good. One of the few products out there that I believe are worth the hype. Takes off my makeup like nothing else - rarely need a separate eye makeup remover with this. It's not particularly moisturizing, but not really drying either - it just dissolves the makeup and grime from the day. Just what I need my cleanser to do.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I was shocked to find that this cleanser actually cleanses my sensitive but oily skin without causing a reaction or drying it out. Removes makeup fairly well. I use this every night now to cleanse my face. The downside is it is expensive but you do get a lot and actually you don't need a lot to cleanse thoroughly so it lasts quite a while. I've been using the same bottle since October and it's about 2/3 done.

on 1/9/2009 2:49:00 AM

I got this product for christmas, Ive been using it since and it works great. Lots of products give me irritation, since my skin is very sensitive. But this product is very gentle on the skin and keep pimples gone. Leaves me leaving pure, just like it says. I really like this product and look forward to buying it again.

on 1/9/2009 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I was a bit hesitant to purchase it because of the price but skincare is becoming more important as I am reaching my thirties and I'm willing to spend a little more. It has not been a 'miracle' product but it's pretty good compared to other products I've used. My face is naturally dry but using this has really decreased the dryness. Other cleansers I've used in the past such as Cetaphil usually left my face feeling even more dry. The first few days of usage, I couldn't stop touching my face because it felt so nice and soft. It does not remove heavy eye makeup which I was not expecting anyways but it does a decent job of removing other makeup. Others have stated that it's not foamy enough but according to the direction, you should use this with water. I squeeze a very small amount onto my palm and dilute it with a bit of water before applying. A little goes a long way so it ought to last me a long time. It smells great and leaves my face feeling very squeaky clean. It's been about 4 weeks, I haven't experienced any negative reactions. I would probably repurchase this..assuming that the results continue to be positive.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I had picked up the smaller size at sephora about 6months ago and really liked it, so i went back and got the 16oz, it does a great job cleaning my skin, its not irritating nor greasy and it doesnt leave a residue on my face. My only gripe is the price.

on 1/8/2009 12:01:00 AM

i broke out the next day after using it.

on 1/6/2009 11:12:00 AM

I have been using this for about 3 weeks with the HIAJ. I am rather lucky with it comes to cleaners. This one was just ok for me. I didnt break out or cause me any issues. Im not all that found of the smell but I will keep using this. one thing that I did notice was the redness around my nose is less that before. I could not tell you if it is because of this wash of if it is from the HIAJ.

Update:
After using this I cant seem to find something better. This really is doing a great job of keeping my pores cleaned. I did add the sephora brand toner and they work great together.