Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

As far as my face goes it didn't do anything mind blowing. My acne didn't improve. I gave the Purity a month. It's successful as far as cleaning my face, and as I've learned from other Philosophy girls it works well to clean hairbrushes, hair(removes product build up), make up brushes. I won't be buying the giant 32 oz. size since I have a 2 oz. and it seems to really last long for all it's other uses since it didn't work out for my face. As long as I find it on eBay reasonably priced, I'll definitely buy the 2 oz. size again!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

It's a little too harsh for me right now as my skin is very dry, but when I was more combo it worked great! I like how it removed all of my makeup

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I got this as a sample from Sephora and I truly regret it. It has made my face break out the three separate times I tried it. Breakouts being rare for me, for some reason I couldn't believe it was the cleanser. I have pretty normal skin, not too dry or oily. Watch out!

I received a sample of this product when purchasing another Philosophy item. I'd been using harsh acne cleansers, but after I went on antibiotics to get rid of my acne, I didn't really need them much anymore. I started using this cleanser, and I really like it. I actually like the smell, and it gets all my make-up off in one pass. I only use it at night, and I follow with Philosophy's On a Clear Day retinol lotion to help clear up my acne scars. I might not buy more because it seems expensive for a facial cleanser, but once I'm out of school and not on a restrictive budget, I will probably come back to this.

I can't say I love this cleanser. It's ok for it removes my make up decently and doesn't sting my eyes. The smell and bottle design could be better for given price. Meh... Not impressed despite the hype. I'm going back to my Shiseido Gentle Foaming Cleanser.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

UPDATE: Decided to give this another shot, now that I've gotten my acne somewhat under control. I started using it again two weeks ago, and I haven't broken out from it this time, which is a huge relief.

My mom has tons of Purity bottles, so when I ran out of my Biore scrub, I had to rely on this for a while. It cleaned my makeup really well, but that's the only reason I gave it even 2 lippies. With regular use, I developed big, painful, inflamed zits, and I'm still recovering from the scarring. Once I stopped using it, my face started to clear up so that's how I know for sure this was the culprit. Horrible.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like the way my skin feels after washing my face. I have oily skin and it feels clean, yet not stripped after using this. I have also not had near as many breakouts since I started using this over a year ago. I buy it from QVC because you can get a 32oz with a pump (which all sizes should come with) for only $36. At Sephora, the 24oz will cost you $40! I have recommended this to many friends and family members (w/a wide variety of skin types) and everyone loves it.

oh this is my HG cleanser for sure. This cleanser makes my skin feel SQUEAKY clean but does NOT dry me out AT ALL and has not given me a pimple since I have started using it. My skin texture feels better, my skin tone is brighter and my pores. But the best part about it is that it takes off every single trace of makeup including mascara.

I think honestly though if you want a cleanser to be supercleanser and do the job of an exfoliant, cleanser, toner, moisturizer, and acne treatment then you're expecting too much. This is a great product to cleanse your skin, remove make up and leave your skin in very good condition to moisturize. If you have a lot of acne this isn't going to cure anything, you need acne medication. If you have a lot of clogged pores and skin buildup, this is not going to get rid of it. It is going to keep your skin clean and minimize it but you def do need an exfoliant or maybe glycolic acid/salycilic acid mask.

Take this for what it's worth: A wonderful daily cleanser. I would say with this you're going to need a good exfoliant to use every few days and if you have acne I would suggest a salycilic acid mask. That is what I use anyway.

Never using another cleanser again.

I dont think i like this - it came in a Kit from sephora so i figured i'd try it - Nothing special - did clean my skin, but i still had my usual cheek redness. Switched back to dove Beauty bar after 2 weeks of using Purity and my redness is gone... Not a bad cleanser, but nothing I would ever purchase again - given its price tag...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really do not have anything new to add that hasn't been said in other reviews. This is my HG cleanser. I buy the big daddy size with the pump top. It cleanses thoroughly but gently and leaves my face soft, not dry. I stray, but I always come back to purity!!