September 20, 2014 | 1484 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2008 5:11:00 AM More reviews by tazaal

I got a sample of this from Sephora. The SA swore it was the best. The only time I break out is right before my period, and even then, its just a few small white head zits. I used this cleanser and this broke me out IMMEDIATLY!! i woke up the next morning with TWO large deep painful pimples along with large whitehead zits on my nose and cheeks. GROSS! As soon as i stopped using this, the zits cleared in 2-3 days. HORRIBLE. thank god I got a sample first!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2008 11:42:00 AM More reviews by anonsuebee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love purity but I stopped using it cause it's slightly pricey for for a face wash. it makes my face feel clean but not stripped the way soap would. one of my favorite face washes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 6:57:00 PM More reviews by LittleBear23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good cleanser. Doesn't over-dry my skin. Rinses clean. Doesn't sting my eyes. I like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2008 3:36:00 PM More reviews by denamurray

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the one facial product I will buy again and again, regardless of cost.It's worth the price because it lasts so long anyway. I have normal to dry in the winter skin. It is the only cleanser I've found that completey removes all of my makeup, but does not strip my skin bone dry. It also has a refreshing light herbal scent that I love. I cannot and will not be without Purity!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2008 2:38:00 PM More reviews by JEC89123

I have used this for over a year. Prior to this I used Philosophy On a Clear Day. This is so much better. I have cystic acne prone skin and this is the most amazing cleanser. I wouldn't know what to do with out it. It is my HG cleanser for life! The bottles are big and last a very long time so I think the price is good for this reason. I also like that it rinses clean off my skin and removes my eye makeup as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2008 11:05:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far so good. I have oily skin but sensitive skin as well. If I use my cleanser for oily skin alot, it dries me out, and if i dont use it I break out. I wanted to introduce a mild cleanser at night, I was using Mario Badescu enzyme cleanser which I love but I wanted to try something new, so I'm using Purity Made Simple. Have not broke out yet, and Purity smells like the Borghese products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 4:03:00 PM More reviews by miyoshi637

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the jumbo size on QVC and I'm super glad I did. It's a lot cheaper this way compared to buying several smaller bottles. I love the way it makes my skin tingle when I use it at night. Sort of reminds me of the feeling you get when you use noxema. It takes off all my makeup beautifully, doesn't make my skin feel tight or dry too! Plus when i wear super pigmented eye shadows it even takes it off. I usually have a super hard time with eye MU removers. This is going to be a staple in my everyday routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 5:02:00 PM More reviews by dizzied

My mom and my aunts are all about philosophy, so it wasn't long before a sample bottle of this heavenly cleanser fell into my hands. I wear lots of eye makeup, and like the label claims, it melts it right off! This is not a foamy cleanser. This is not a super duper fancy cleanser. It almost feels like a thick oil in consistency, without actually being an oil (if that makes any sense). It has an herbally, lavender scent that I do not find offensive. This product does its job without drying or irritating my skin. When I tone after, I have no residue left over and my skin feels clean, not tight.

I feel that it is suitable for any skin type, as it is a gentle cleanser without harsh foaming agents or acids to dry and irritate skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 11:13:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of those "Are we all talking about the same product here??" products. Did NOT take off my makeup (and I wear very light makeup) and it broke me out. I didn't like the feel or the smell of it either. Just total yuck! I don't get it. I'm so glad it works for so many but this was a disaster for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2008 6:07:00 AM More reviews by kc55

I really wanted to like this product. I heard so many good things about it but it made my face break out horribly. I had been using the Clinique 3 step system but it seemed harsh for my skin so I wanted something easier and gentler. I tried this for a week hoping things would get better but it just got worse. My skin on my jawline and near my nose just broke out like crazy and I know it's not that time of the month. It's not even just one or two pimples, it's like at least 10. I want to cry. Even clinique did not do that to me. =(

So, maybe this is good for those with dry skin or those whose pores tend not to be so congested. Back to the drawing board I go.