April 20, 2014 | 1499 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by munkey

I hadn't bought any Maybeliine products for years, as was so disappointed with their Great Lash Mascara when we first got it here in the UK. However, I bought this on a whim, and am really glad I did.
    It is fantastic for setting your foundation and concealer - best for the T-zone, and all shine was gone, without looking cakey at all. I thought it would emphasize my pores, but actually make skin look smoother. Don't use too much - just one 'press' on the compact, and layer thinly if you want more coverage. My only gripe is with the powder puff - while it is super soft and applies product well, it looks nasty after only a few applications, and can get a bit caked in residue from your foundation. Problem solved if you buy new velour powder puffs cheaply separately. This is a great product for the cheap price, and performed much better than an Armani powder I had bought (and hated!). Will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by reasonle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

luckily i got this in a BOGOF sale... so i was able to get my hg fdn (maybelline pure) and this. this stuff is just not what i was looking for. personally, i like the dewy look, but becuase my face gets so oily i thought this might be ok. not so much. this was too opaque for me and it was just too powdery. also, even taking a fluffy powder brush makes this stuff come off everywhere and make a mess. the packaging is soooooo bad. the thing wont stay shut in my purse and it is just awkward to hold. i think i will be switiching back to the shine free powder.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by unseelie_fae

this is a pretty good powder. Does what it's supposed to; leaves a velvety matte finish. Careful not to overapply, though, or it may cake up.

The packaging sux though. why in the world have a big thick compact in 3 joined pieces??? You have to rotate the mirror out from the bottom, and then the cover only opens half way, so it's clumsy as crap to apply and wastes room in your purse. I would buy the powder again, but the compact....I'm going to have to think about it. Do I want to deal with this clunky a$$ compact again?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by aneffigy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

After reading all the great reviews on MUA, I decided to look for this on my weekly grocery trip. To my surprise, all Maybelline was half off, so I had to buy this. I have the Ivory (Light 2-3) shade; I'm a 2 in the Maybelline Pure Makeup, which I love and have been using for years. Most powder foundations make me extremely dry, but this does not. It goes on very smooth and not chalky at all. Haven't tried it yet as a full foundation, but I put on a little over my liquid Pure Makeup to mattify my oily T-zone and it works wonders. Will definitely be keeping this handy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

Okay, so i was going to switch to organic makeup. which i did. but, i gave all my other makeup products away for the face except for this one. i was really looking for a makeup that didn't have parabens in it, but this one does. this worked so well that i didn't care what they put in it! i loved the packaging! this is awesome and i would definitely recommend this. i love the powder and i would definitely buy it again. it is very soft and has a luxurious silky feel, while being lightweight. by far, this is one of my favorite non organic products ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by jazmina94

This is my first pressed powder.
    And I love it.
    I apply it with a brush and it goes on evenly and gives a matte look. Color is perfect for my skin. Will def. buy again :]

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2008 11:47:00 AM More reviews by imbettingonalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This looked nice and natural on me, but it did not really control my oil any better than normal powder. I use Wet N Wild's pressed powder now and it works way better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Goldie_Loks

Love the Dream Matte Mousse, but the pressed powder is just "ok". The very first time I tried to use it to blot some oil, it caked up and looked thick & blotchy. The Maybelline Shine Free powder gives a beautiful finish, and you can't even see it on your skin, even after repeated applications, but this stuff gets splotchy! It does work well as an initial setting over the Mousse foundation, and it does help me to stay matte longer, but I hate that I can't use it for touch-ups without being a cakey mess! Also, I HATE the stupid 2-part swivel compact! I'm hoping they will change to a traditional compact style. But do try the Dream Matte Mousse if you have combo or oily skin, it's the BEST!**UPDATE: I figured out this powder looks great when worn alone!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I generally don't like pressed powders and typically use a cream to powder foundation and nothing else. That hasn't been possible lately (discontinued my HG foundation). I was surprised I actually quite like this powder it's very soft, doesn't look chalky but still controls my oil and keeps me looking matte for a while (longer than most products) and the colour looks perfect on me (I was the lightest shade). At first I really thought the packaging was cute. Not so much anymore though, I don't like where the mirror is located it makes it difficult for me to use it while applying the powder and it gets all covered in powder left on the applicator. I would prefer the mirror be on the top of the product and the case open all the way with just the swivel base with applicator puff underneath. Ahh well, I guess you can't get everything you want. Anyway great product, controls oil, and NO BREAKOUTS will repurchase.
    EDIT: I strayed from this powder thinking I could find something better, none of the powders I tried were any better than this, although I found that clarins matte powder (sorry can't remember the exact name) was very very similar except for the price. So i learned my lesson, I am sticking with maybelline.
    Edit august 2010 - they have discontinued some of the colours. I am VERY pale, so pale that many companies do not make a foundation to match my skin. I tried this in the current lightest shade which is 4-5 Cream Light, I didn't not think it would work since I was 1-2 originally but it blends out very well, so I suggest you give it a try even if you think it might not work for you. Just make sure the store has a decent return policy. I am still sad that they discontinued my shade bit the difference between the 2 is really not that significant.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by smell_the_roses

Liked the look of this powder but it broke me out! I don't usually break out with powders but everytime I wore this, I'd get a few small pimples scattered around. But if you can tolerate, it looked nice. I was using it after sunscreen to even my skin up and also for touchups. A little swipe took away any shine without being cakey.