Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Didn't cut it for me. I heard all the raves and have seen this mascara look beautiful on others but sadly, it doesn't do anything at all for me. When I tried it on in the store, it looked so nice. My ex bf even commented on my lashes. However, after I brought a new tube of my own, it didn't look so great. It clumped and looked like any other drugstore brand mascara. Maybe I got a bad tube, but I swore off Lancome mascaras.

on 10/29/2003 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love this mascara, b/c it defines my lashes so nicely! It lengthens, darkens, and thickens too. When comparing this to Flextencils, there's a huge difference; this one is a lot better IMO, b/c it makes my lashes more noticeable. I've never actually brought myself to pay $20 for this, since I satisfy my Definicils craving with sample/GWP tubes. I guess it is worth it though.

on 10/11/2003 11:32:00 AM

After not using Lancomb mascaras since the late 80's(!), I was sooooo happy with my GWP of this mascara. Satiny, lush black lashes. So pretty. Washes off easily. This may be new HG mascara. Have not tried waterproof yet, which is a MUST in the summer.

on 10/22/2003 3:21:00 PM

Ugh! I'm going to stop buying this product. I looove the first 10 applications I get from this, but after that the mascara starts to clump & dry out (I don't pump the brush either!)..It really gives the length I like, but for $22 I'm going to find something that lasts.

on 10/15/2003 6:25:00 PM

This is a nice mascara that stays put. My wimpy lashes prefer Amplicils but this is a good mascara when I want a more natural look.

on 10/14/2003 5:31:00 PM

I resisted buying this mascara for years, mainly because I refused to believe that something so expensive would be worth it. I have pretty pathetic eyelashes, they are long and thin and have a tendency to look longer and thinner when I wear mascara. They are so long, that when I curl and apply mascara, the outer corners droop and tangle into the bottom lashes- highly annoying. Definicils is my HG mascara. Not only does it lenghthen and define, but it somehow manages to make my super thin sparse lashes look lush and defined. It is aptly named, it does not thicken as much as it defines. One coat gives me perfectly seperated, long, curled lashes. The black shade is the right shade of black, the brush is fabulous, the package is cute, the price is a killer (30$ CAD). This mascara gives me the lashes that I've always wanted, perfectly curled, lush and great looking. I don't worry about my lashes looking sparse or mascara flaking off during the day, this stays on, does it's job and is easy to remove. I love this stuff.

on 10/7/2003 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

i tried this many years ago as a GWP and was skeptical since i'm, allergic to almost everything... i had used Maybelline Great Lash for a long time and developed an allergic reaction to it... i was even allergic to Almay Mascara but was able to wear this wonderful product and have been loyal ever since. i replace it every three months so it's part of my regular budget it's so natural looking, goes on evenly and makes my long lashes look elegantly enhanced ...love it.

on 10/6/2003 4:42:00 PM

I love this mascara. The brush is great, I find it very easy to apply, it stays on all day and makes my lashes look thicker and longer. However, saying that - I would really like to find a cheaper mascara that I like as much. As much as I like this mascara, it is just way too expensive for a product that needs to be replaced every month.

on 10/5/2003 12:03:00 AM

This mascara made my lashes seem to uncurl... i have straight asian lashes, and even when I curled my lashes before applying the mascara, it straightened them out again. If you are looking for a mascara that lengthens and separates, buy this... but if you want to hold curl try flextencils, it's much better!

on 9/30/2003 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Move over drugstore mascaras, I've found my HG mascara! With all the money I've spent on drugstore mascaras and never been quite thrilled about any of them, it only made sense to move onto higher-end brands. This costs me $21.00 @the Lancome counter in Carson's. I bought it in black and am just thrilled to have finally given into this lemming. Honestly, the price IMO is so worth it, especially if you're a gal who takes pride in how her eye m/u looks. LOL. Will update ASAP if any negative pts. pop up. So far, no clumps, nice seperated lashes, and best length I've ever gotten from a mascara. 2 thumbs up!