Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 11/10/2003 9:51:00 PM

I just don't get the fuss over this overpriced dud of a mascara. Doesn't thicken, adds very little length, and even the black color isn't really very black, its more of a grey-black, so this mascara doesn't even add much color.

on 11/9/2003 11:12:00 AM

grrr i thought this wud be worth it based on the raves here but truthfully i think this is just like illegal lengths. its wet but doesnt give me any volume n only a bit of length. this is going back to the counter definitely it was a waste of money
sidenote: i have dark, reallyy short n sparse lashes so i need a really dramatic mascara this mascara is okay for ppl with nice lashes i gess

on 11/3/2003 1:31:00 PM

I always get this as a gift with purchase, so I've never actually had to buy it. I heard it's really expensive though.
Overall, this is one of the best mascara I've ever tried. The application is smooth, doesn't clump and gives your lashes the curl, length and thickness you've always wanted. However, I did notice that after a couple of hours of wear, it does smudge and leaves a dark "smokey" shadow underneath your eyes.
I don't think I'll ever buy this product because of its outrageous price, especially since it's something you have to throw away after 3 months anyway.

on 11/3/2003 1:42:00 AM

I absolutely LOVE this product. This is one of the best mascaras I have tried. The brush is so amazing, it coats my lashes and makes them MILES LONG, thick, and luscious. Yet, the formula is pretty smooth and moist, so it doesn't crust and create spider lashes. Only downside is the price. I usually buy lowends so I can afford to throw them away in a while, but after this GWP, I'm buying the real thing on this.

on 10/31/2003 12:18:00 PM

I love this mascara! It goes on mostly non-clumpy, looks great, and doesn't flake or smear. I've noticed that when I take off my makeup there isn't a lot of mascara on the wash cloth. I think this means that I'm getting the look I want with less product. I started using a sample that was in a GWP, but am now using the full size version. Love it.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Didn't cut it for me. I heard all the raves and have seen this mascara look beautiful on others but sadly, it doesn't do anything at all for me. When I tried it on in the store, it looked so nice. My ex bf even commented on my lashes. However, after I brought a new tube of my own, it didn't look so great. It clumped and looked like any other drugstore brand mascara. Maybe I got a bad tube, but I swore off Lancome mascaras.

on 10/29/2003 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love this mascara, b/c it defines my lashes so nicely! It lengthens, darkens, and thickens too. When comparing this to Flextencils, there's a huge difference; this one is a lot better IMO, b/c it makes my lashes more noticeable. I've never actually brought myself to pay $20 for this, since I satisfy my Definicils craving with sample/GWP tubes. I guess it is worth it though.

on 10/11/2003 11:32:00 AM

After not using Lancomb mascaras since the late 80's(!), I was sooooo happy with my GWP of this mascara. Satiny, lush black lashes. So pretty. Washes off easily. This may be new HG mascara. Have not tried waterproof yet, which is a MUST in the summer.

on 10/22/2003 3:21:00 PM

Ugh! I'm going to stop buying this product. I looove the first 10 applications I get from this, but after that the mascara starts to clump & dry out (I don't pump the brush either!)..It really gives the length I like, but for $22 I'm going to find something that lasts.

on 10/15/2003 6:25:00 PM

This is a nice mascara that stays put. My wimpy lashes prefer Amplicils but this is a good mascara when I want a more natural look.

Top Rated Lancome Products