Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 10/5/2003 12:03:00 AM

This mascara made my lashes seem to uncurl... i have straight asian lashes, and even when I curled my lashes before applying the mascara, it straightened them out again. If you are looking for a mascara that lengthens and separates, buy this... but if you want to hold curl try flextencils, it's much better!

on 9/30/2003 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Move over drugstore mascaras, I've found my HG mascara! With all the money I've spent on drugstore mascaras and never been quite thrilled about any of them, it only made sense to move onto higher-end brands. This costs me $21.00 @the Lancome counter in Carson's. I bought it in black and am just thrilled to have finally given into this lemming. Honestly, the price IMO is so worth it, especially if you're a gal who takes pride in how her eye m/u looks. LOL. Will update ASAP if any negative pts. pop up. So far, no clumps, nice seperated lashes, and best length I've ever gotten from a mascara. 2 thumbs up!

on 9/29/2003 8:20:00 PM

I like this mascara a lot. I have long lashes already, but decided to try this out after Amplicils. I wasn't so so fond of Amplicils compared to this. I like Dior Show and this one---Lancome Definicils. After 3 coats, your eyes have been dramatized to the max!

on 9/27/2003 6:28:00 PM

I love love love this mascara. It's my holy grail and nothing else that I've tried has come close to matching this one. I have sparse, short, and downward pointing eyelashes, but this mascara makes my look like I have Twiggy lashes.

on 9/23/2003 11:02:00 PM

Doesn't get any better... love this mascara and always have..makes your lashes beautiful, full and long. Also washes off great too.

on 9/23/2003 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't find this product to do much for my long skinny lashes. I always need a lash comb after this brand due to tiny clumps.

on 9/16/2003 10:04:00 AM

I received this as part of a bonus gift, and was very excited because I've heard a lot about it (of course, I've also heard a lot about Maybelline Great Lash, and THAT turned out to be a whole lot of nothing). This product, however, did not disappoint; in fact, it is probably the best mascara I have ever used. It goes on smoothly, and gives just the right anmount of definition to my lashes. If I want even thicker lashes, I apply more -- without a clumpy or flaky buildup. Since mascara seems to be a rather long lasting product, I think I'll be able to live with the price.

on 9/16/2003 12:24:00 AM

I agree about the brush being short and spiky (and hard)- seemed to poke my lash line a lot during application (and making it itchy). I found this to be average; there are cheaper mascaras that do a better job. The formula is too wet for me - it takes ages to dry and applies a bit too gloopy and slightly clumpy for me. My lashes will look nice only after using a lash comb, which can take a bit of time to do. Lengthening and thickening effect are okay for my straight Asian lashes (thick but slightly short), and staying power is pretty good (however, this does smudge slightly at the end of the day). Overall, this mascara does its job at defining the lashes, but note that this is not a mascara that you can put on in a hurry. Heh, this is definitely better than Maybelline's Great Lash (but then again, anything is better than that!).

on 9/15/2003 3:33:00 AM

bought it on a whim b/c i'd heard such great things about it.

good: waterproof truely is. stayed put through a massive crying jag and an oregon downpour. no smudging at all, even in my greasy sweaty work as a waitress.

bad: goes on clumpy. actual brush end of the wand is really short and spikey, which i don't really like. the black is more grey blue than i usually like in a black mascara. the price is outrageous ($21 USA). average lengthening/volume on my average lashes and only lengthens if i curl them first. horrible definition due to clumping.

overall: i'll finish the tube out of spite, but never again. back to l'oreal lash out waterproof.

on 9/11/2003 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love this mascara!! Received as a GWP. Makes my lashes so long, w/o smudging or flaking. The price, though is $21, and the fact that you have to discard mascara every three months b/c of germs makes this a little too expensive. I won't purchase.