Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 11/3/2003 1:31:00 PM

I always get this as a gift with purchase, so I've never actually had to buy it. I heard it's really expensive though.
Overall, this is one of the best mascara I've ever tried. The application is smooth, doesn't clump and gives your lashes the curl, length and thickness you've always wanted. However, I did notice that after a couple of hours of wear, it does smudge and leaves a dark "smokey" shadow underneath your eyes.
I don't think I'll ever buy this product because of its outrageous price, especially since it's something you have to throw away after 3 months anyway.

on 11/3/2003 1:42:00 AM

I absolutely LOVE this product. This is one of the best mascaras I have tried. The brush is so amazing, it coats my lashes and makes them MILES LONG, thick, and luscious. Yet, the formula is pretty smooth and moist, so it doesn't crust and create spider lashes. Only downside is the price. I usually buy lowends so I can afford to throw them away in a while, but after this GWP, I'm buying the real thing on this.

on 10/31/2003 12:18:00 PM

I love this mascara! It goes on mostly non-clumpy, looks great, and doesn't flake or smear. I've noticed that when I take off my makeup there isn't a lot of mascara on the wash cloth. I think this means that I'm getting the look I want with less product. I started using a sample that was in a GWP, but am now using the full size version. Love it.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Didn't cut it for me. I heard all the raves and have seen this mascara look beautiful on others but sadly, it doesn't do anything at all for me. When I tried it on in the store, it looked so nice. My ex bf even commented on my lashes. However, after I brought a new tube of my own, it didn't look so great. It clumped and looked like any other drugstore brand mascara. Maybe I got a bad tube, but I swore off Lancome mascaras.

on 10/29/2003 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love this mascara, b/c it defines my lashes so nicely! It lengthens, darkens, and thickens too. When comparing this to Flextencils, there's a huge difference; this one is a lot better IMO, b/c it makes my lashes more noticeable. I've never actually brought myself to pay $20 for this, since I satisfy my Definicils craving with sample/GWP tubes. I guess it is worth it though.

on 10/11/2003 11:32:00 AM

After not using Lancomb mascaras since the late 80's(!), I was sooooo happy with my GWP of this mascara. Satiny, lush black lashes. So pretty. Washes off easily. This may be new HG mascara. Have not tried waterproof yet, which is a MUST in the summer.

on 10/22/2003 3:21:00 PM

Ugh! I'm going to stop buying this product. I looove the first 10 applications I get from this, but after that the mascara starts to clump & dry out (I don't pump the brush either!)..It really gives the length I like, but for $22 I'm going to find something that lasts.

on 10/15/2003 6:25:00 PM

This is a nice mascara that stays put. My wimpy lashes prefer Amplicils but this is a good mascara when I want a more natural look.

on 10/14/2003 5:31:00 PM

I resisted buying this mascara for years, mainly because I refused to believe that something so expensive would be worth it. I have pretty pathetic eyelashes, they are long and thin and have a tendency to look longer and thinner when I wear mascara. They are so long, that when I curl and apply mascara, the outer corners droop and tangle into the bottom lashes- highly annoying. Definicils is my HG mascara. Not only does it lenghthen and define, but it somehow manages to make my super thin sparse lashes look lush and defined. It is aptly named, it does not thicken as much as it defines. One coat gives me perfectly seperated, long, curled lashes. The black shade is the right shade of black, the brush is fabulous, the package is cute, the price is a killer (30$ CAD). This mascara gives me the lashes that I've always wanted, perfectly curled, lush and great looking. I don't worry about my lashes looking sparse or mascara flaking off during the day, this stays on, does it's job and is easy to remove. I love this stuff.

on 10/7/2003 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

i tried this many years ago as a GWP and was skeptical since i'm, allergic to almost everything... i had used Maybelline Great Lash for a long time and developed an allergic reaction to it... i was even allergic to Almay Mascara but was able to wear this wonderful product and have been loyal ever since. i replace it every three months so it's part of my regular budget it's so natural looking, goes on evenly and makes my long lashes look elegantly enhanced ...love it.