April 20, 2014 | 1306 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by keeneye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Estee Lauder foundation is a godsend. It blends evenly, covers blemishes, and doesn't look caked-on like many over-the-counter products. I used to use double matte, but haven't been able to find it anywhere. After switching to double wear, I'm just as satisfied with the coverage. A bit spendy, but worth every penny. I buy mine on eBay to save money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by BellaCat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have Rosacea and broken capillaries. I have tried about 30 foundations in the last 20 years, and never got enough coverage, or if I did, it was too cakey and would come off on my clothes etc.

I went to the Estee Lauder counter and the woman applied the color "Fresco" to my cheeks, my skin looked flawless!!!!

I use LG Spackle Primer first. Then foundation. Then I go back and tap more on my cheeks where I need heavier coverage.

It stays all day and does not look like I am wearing a mask.

I LOVE it!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Yddib

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG foundation. I was getting my makeup done for my sister's wedding 3 years ago and the MA used Dessert Beige on my fair skin (summer). She laughed when I told her that both myself and my sister use Maximum Cover. She told us our skin didn't need all that coverage. I thought she was just being nice but when she put it on I could see what she meant. I haven't looked back since. It's not as dry as maximum cover. I have bought it in Linen for the winter when I'm fairer.

Love this! Can't ever see myself changing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by eilidhdawn05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my current foundation - Estee Lauder Double Wear in the shade Shell -
After paying 25.50 for it I had high expectations.
The foundaton is brilliant. It makes my skin flawless and it just glides into my skin.
Good buy for people with oily skin and any blemishes to cover up!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by babieedoll

Alrighty this will be somewhat short.
For reference I'm like a NC25-30 and at the store I couldn't really tell which color from EL DW would match me best. (the lighting sucks) so I was matched with Twany but when I got home it was just a bit too dark and a weird pink tone was left on my skin. Also I know I probably shouldn't have gotten this because I don't like full coverage I prefer a sheer one that is build-able. Anyhow even though it doesn't match my skin I find that for ME it leaves me feeling like I have a mask on, hence it's full coverage I guess....and my pores are small but not completely invisible and I noticed this it brought out my pores....yuck. Overall I would not buy this again even if I got it to match my skin completely. Now I have to go back to the store and return this damn product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by reveriebliss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Amazing! I just switched from MUFE HD to this product and I didn't anticipate such a difference considering they are both full coverage foundations. The coverage is incredible, I have fairly uneven tones in my face and it conceals to the point where several people have commented (I've tried many different foundations without any comments). It stays all day and setting with powder isn't even necessary.

The only negative is that if you really don't like feeling like you're wearing makeup this product is not for you. As other users have mentioned, it does take a lot of blending and it tends to feel heavy (especially in comparison to MUFE HD).

Overall great product. Definitely buying again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It is the best foundation I have tried so far. Long-wearing, perfect coverage (usually I don't need concealer after that), flattering colour (I use Porcelain), doesn't oxidize, doesn't turn my face oily, lasts for ages. However, I have recently switched to natural and organic skincare so I took one lippie off for the chemical ingredients in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by rasb019

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i thought that revlon colorstay was my hg until when wearing it i would notice red spots peaking through. so i went to a estee counter and they gave me a 10 day suppy and i love it. it stays on all day and didnt cause any break outs.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by xoxHannaHxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have strayed from this product a couple of times since i discovered it about two years ago thinking the grass would be greener (my short lived affair was with the new YSL Teint Resist, DW's new "competitor") ... oh how i repented!!

Coverage:
Initially the foundation is a thick liquid and is medium - more full coverage but the product is versatile so the coverage CAN be adjusted ie - mixing with your moisturiser to create a more light or sheer effect. I have clear skin which doesnt need coverage but i still use this because the finish is so flawless so its suitable for younger skins aswell. Its especially good for women with Rosacea.

Application:
You only need to use a tiny tiny amount but the one thing i will say is this, you need to work quite quickly with application. It does what it claims and stays on ALL day on my combination-oily skin, ive even been swimming in it! and for this reason, when you apply it it sticks to your skin a little and isnt the easiest to work with, this is why i took 1 lippie off.

To use i pour a little onto the back of my hand and use Estee Lauder's foundation brush to apply it with. I find investing in a good foundation brush is worth the money for the finish they give and they last forever.
Tip:
If you use a highlighter like Touch Eclat, click the pen a few times also onto the back of your hand and mix it a little with the double wear to create a great under eye concealer that wont budge or look too white (especially on photos!)

Packaging:
Sophisticated. It comes in a frosted glass container with a gold screw top lip, only thing is I wish it came with a pump instead - oh well! I dont believe in knocking the product because of its packaging too much.

Value for money:
The 30ml of foundation together with how little you need to use, is definately good value for money at about 25.

UPDATE: Find this foundation great for staying power, but it really makes my skin look.. dull and drab. I have yet to find a foundation that stays on like this one, so I have to apply a thin layer of Dior Airflash foundation on top to try and add some kind of dimension.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2010 9:22:00 AM More reviews by scondon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As the salesgirl said, this foundation lasted really well - the coverage was good but it was a bit too matte for me I found. I tried 4 different colours in it but couldnt find any that look vaguely natural on me... I always felt caked in really obvious make up. Definately couldn't recommend this as I think their colours are awful.