April 24, 2014 | 971 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by dramsicle

This was a bit too heavy for my oily skin. I am a NC 25 and the color that was picked out for me by the MUA was darker than my skin tone. It looked orange after a while as well, so I had to return the bottle. The texture and coverage were decent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 9:04:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am NC20 and have this in Ecru. I have tried a lot of different foundations in my day, and am really liking this.
I like the coverage, and the color for me.

The price is a little high, but not high as some, I know. Nonetheless, is the most I've ever spent on foundation.

I wish this had a pump for the top...maybe there is one that would fit that I do not know about.

There isn't much of a smell to this product.

It gives you a nice, dewy, yet covered finish. I put a little finishing powder on my t-zone and I'm good to go.

This does set pretty quickly - so be sure to work it in, fast! I use the ELF Powder brush (the flat one - see my review for that as well!), and have to swirl things around pretty quickly to get an even base.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by keeneye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Estee Lauder foundation is a godsend. It blends evenly, covers blemishes, and doesn't look caked-on like many over-the-counter products. I used to use double matte, but haven't been able to find it anywhere. After switching to double wear, I'm just as satisfied with the coverage. A bit spendy, but worth every penny. I buy mine on eBay to save money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by BellaCat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have Rosacea and broken capillaries. I have tried about 30 foundations in the last 20 years, and never got enough coverage, or if I did, it was too cakey and would come off on my clothes etc.

I went to the Estee Lauder counter and the woman applied the color "Fresco" to my cheeks, my skin looked flawless!!!!

I use LG Spackle Primer first. Then foundation. Then I go back and tap more on my cheeks where I need heavier coverage.

It stays all day and does not look like I am wearing a mask.

I LOVE it!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Yddib

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG foundation. I was getting my makeup done for my sister's wedding 3 years ago and the MA used Dessert Beige on my fair skin (summer). She laughed when I told her that both myself and my sister use Maximum Cover. She told us our skin didn't need all that coverage. I thought she was just being nice but when she put it on I could see what she meant. I haven't looked back since. It's not as dry as maximum cover. I have bought it in Linen for the winter when I'm fairer.

Love this! Can't ever see myself changing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by eilidhdawn05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my current foundation - Estee Lauder Double Wear in the shade Shell -
After paying 25.50 for it I had high expectations.
The foundaton is brilliant. It makes my skin flawless and it just glides into my skin.
Good buy for people with oily skin and any blemishes to cover up!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by babieedoll

Alrighty this will be somewhat short.
For reference I'm like a NC25-30 and at the store I couldn't really tell which color from EL DW would match me best. (the lighting sucks) so I was matched with Twany but when I got home it was just a bit too dark and a weird pink tone was left on my skin. Also I know I probably shouldn't have gotten this because I don't like full coverage I prefer a sheer one that is build-able. Anyhow even though it doesn't match my skin I find that for ME it leaves me feeling like I have a mask on, hence it's full coverage I guess....and my pores are small but not completely invisible and I noticed this it brought out my pores....yuck. Overall I would not buy this again even if I got it to match my skin completely. Now I have to go back to the store and return this damn product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by reveriebliss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Amazing! I just switched from MUFE HD to this product and I didn't anticipate such a difference considering they are both full coverage foundations. The coverage is incredible, I have fairly uneven tones in my face and it conceals to the point where several people have commented (I've tried many different foundations without any comments). It stays all day and setting with powder isn't even necessary.

The only negative is that if you really don't like feeling like you're wearing makeup this product is not for you. As other users have mentioned, it does take a lot of blending and it tends to feel heavy (especially in comparison to MUFE HD).

Overall great product. Definitely buying again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It is the best foundation I have tried so far. Long-wearing, perfect coverage (usually I don't need concealer after that), flattering colour (I use Porcelain), doesn't oxidize, doesn't turn my face oily, lasts for ages. However, I have recently switched to natural and organic skincare so I took one lippie off for the chemical ingredients in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by rasb019

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i thought that revlon colorstay was my hg until when wearing it i would notice red spots peaking through. so i went to a estee counter and they gave me a 10 day suppy and i love it. it stays on all day and didnt cause any break outs.