July 28, 2014 | 1672 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by knightranch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Dang! I so wanted to love this and only purchased after scrutinizing the MUA reviews. I selected the shade Fresco which was a pretty good match - I'm fair-med and cool. It does have tons of coverage and a matte finish, but by days end looked masklike and heavy on me even though I had applied with a light hand. I used a foundation brush to apply and would have experimented with other application methods, but it caused a breakout (I keep hoping my temperamental skin will become more tolerable), so I am returning it. It did not work for me, but it's a fave of many MUAers, so give it a try and see if it works for you! I'm giving it a 3 for matte coverage and staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by jennixo

I have only been using this foundatoin for a week now and i love it!! It has the perfect coverage and works great on my combination skin.
The colour i picked online when i ordered it off the website- it matches my skin okay.. but i think a slightly lighter shade would of been much better.
I use it for my going out makeup as its quite thick in my opinion for every day use. But if my skin is having a bad day i do mix a bit in with my tinted moistruiser. Overall i love this product - its quite expensive however, but if it works the price doesn't really matter!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by damiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is horrible, unless you have super oily skin I suggest you stay away from this product. It's very drying and it gives the skin a chalky, cakey appearence. The coverage was okay, but the color range was horrible. I don't think it's worth the money, I would actually say drug store foundations do a better job than what this product does.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Lelly9696

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this foundation for a long time and it never disappoints. It matches my skin tone perfectly and lasts the whole day. Only problem is that when it's in the summer it feels really heavy and looks a bit cakey but other than that it's a perfect liquid foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 7:44:00 AM More reviews by perfumenut

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First - I wish this had a pump (I just prefer pumps - so much easier than trying to "pour" the right amount). But, I do LOVE this foundation...my skin appears even and it's full coverage but doesn't feel heavy (provided you don't over apply). Covers my freckles.

My advice though is to make sure your face is well moisturized and then apply a small amount and spread QUICKLY. If your face is dry and patchy or if you take too long to spread, it will look horrible.

My ultimate foundation test is to see how much transfers to my cell phone - LOL - and with EL's DW - nada! Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by looweehse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have spent years searching for my HG foundation, and I think this is as close as I'll ever come.
I use the sahde 1C1 Shell, for reference I am NW10/15 in MAC. The colour match is perfect in summer, but about a shade too dark in winter, so I lighten it with a tiny amount of Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation in 105, a pink toned white.

It is medium coverage, not full. It won't cover very obvious acne or pigmented scars, you will need a concealer for that, but it certaintly covers most skin discolouration. It looks virtually undetectable on the skin when applied correctly. As it dries very quickly using a regular foundation brush (like the MAC 190) won't blend it well enough before it sets, so it'll look mask-like. I prefer to stipple or buff it in with my Illamasqua highlighter brush (similar to the MAC 109), or my MAC 187 and it looks flawless. It is best to apply light layers at first and build up, until you know how much exactly you'll need.

It sets matte, and so is best for oily skin or people who prefer matte finish. Without powder it will stay matte on my very oily skin for a few hours, but I always powder anyway.
I have very sensitive acne-prone skin, and this hasn't caused me any breakouts.

The only downside to this product in my opinion, is the bottle lacks a pump. So I have to scoop a little out on a cotton bud and put on the back of my hand. This means it is more difficult to travel with, it's more fiddily to apply, I end up wasting some product each time and it's difficult to regulate how much product you use each time.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by dramsicle

This was a bit too heavy for my oily skin. I am a NC 25 and the color that was picked out for me by the MUA was darker than my skin tone. It looked orange after a while as well, so I had to return the bottle. The texture and coverage were decent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 9:04:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am NC20 and have this in Ecru. I have tried a lot of different foundations in my day, and am really liking this.
I like the coverage, and the color for me.

The price is a little high, but not high as some, I know. Nonetheless, is the most I've ever spent on foundation.

I wish this had a pump for the top...maybe there is one that would fit that I do not know about.

There isn't much of a smell to this product.

It gives you a nice, dewy, yet covered finish. I put a little finishing powder on my t-zone and I'm good to go.

This does set pretty quickly - so be sure to work it in, fast! I use the ELF Powder brush (the flat one - see my review for that as well!), and have to swirl things around pretty quickly to get an even base.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by keeneye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Estee Lauder foundation is a godsend. It blends evenly, covers blemishes, and doesn't look caked-on like many over-the-counter products. I used to use double matte, but haven't been able to find it anywhere. After switching to double wear, I'm just as satisfied with the coverage. A bit spendy, but worth every penny. I buy mine on eBay to save money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by BellaCat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have Rosacea and broken capillaries. I have tried about 30 foundations in the last 20 years, and never got enough coverage, or if I did, it was too cakey and would come off on my clothes etc.

I went to the Estee Lauder counter and the woman applied the color "Fresco" to my cheeks, my skin looked flawless!!!!

I use LG Spackle Primer first. Then foundation. Then I go back and tap more on my cheeks where I need heavier coverage.

It stays all day and does not look like I am wearing a mask.

I LOVE it!!!!!