Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.6

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

on 12/8/2011 1:44:00 AM

Revised Review:

I'm in love. I first bought this product in "peppermint" which is the clear colour. No, the product does not moisturize for 8 hours, nor does it makes your lips softer in 4 weeks. However, I'm still addicted. Peppermint I purchased for $3.83 (CAN) at Walmart. Today I picked up "Pink Punch," "Peach Kiss" and, "Cherry Me." I'm medium skin tone and I like the "Pink Punch" the best. The pink is very sheer and just lightly colours your lips, perfect for a natural lip - which is good for me because I do big eyes all the time - so natural lip is needed! The "Cherry me" is not bad, I really like it. It does not come on red, which was a bit of a let down. The peach kiss does not even show on my lips. Looks just like the clear "Peppermint." I bought all three colours today at Loblaws for $4.99 (CAN) each. I know it's more expensive, but I have not seen the colour options anywhere!

Overall, I recommend it for the sheer fact that it has SPF 20 in it - that you need all the time! My lips are dark and it's from the sun. So please use SPF on your lips so they don't get dark like mine!

-----

Old Review:

I was in Sephora today, looking for a lip treatment because my lips are peeling. I've been using glycolic acid on them, trying to get rid of darkness, but that's a whole other story.

Long story short, I looked at two products there that are lip treatment, both without SPF for over $40 CAN.

Then I went to walmart and saw this product for $2.83 CAN, no tint and SPF 20.

I love it. It smells like peppermint, moisturizes (not for 8 hours through, that's a huge lie) and has SPF, which is what I need.

Overall, it is incredible for the price, comparable with the $40 lip treatments.

on 12/7/2011 2:18:00 PM

I tried this in the Peach. It felt nice but there was no color to it whatsoever. It didn't last an hour, let alone the 8 hours the packaging promised. It could be addicting as you need to reapply it constantly--maybe that's the point so you'll buy more. In any event, I would not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

It looks professional. I love this junkie. It;s a must have. Jennifer Lopez wore it as being the strict-judge on American Idol

on 12/5/2011 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I had recently bought one these lip balms. I chose Pink Punch because well, I'm a teenage girl and we girls get easily drawn to anything pink. I thought the packaging was like every other packaging. It does remind me of nivea balms. I had put it on and when I had, the smell was pretty but not as pretty as other lip balms I've tried. I also like how it's tinted with a sheer pigment of hot pink In which you could apply more than once to ACTUALLY make it hot pink. Having tan skin, I can't really work the hot pink look, but this is a beautiful sheer color. I also can't help but to touch my lips after applying it because it's soo smooth and it makes my lips look plump but with out the glossy look which I love. I like the matte look on lips. Anyways, this was worth spending my money on. I would buy it again but maybe not as much as my go to balm, blistex.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in Grape Vine. Was a little apprehensive to try the balm was stark purple, but going on it produces a glossy sorry of sheen dark pinkish color to my lips. It's great in that it moisturizes and gives color that doesn't need a mirror to be applicated. There are cons to this, however, are that it won't really help MUCH if you put it on lips that have a to of dry sin on top of them. It will just sit there, you'll have to exfoliate your lips as it doesn't penetrate very well. Another con is that you will need to reapplicate it, it won't stay on forever, but because you don't need a mirror to put it on, as it will leave mere traces of color on skin (not lips), and is easily wiped off it's no biggie.

UPDATE: What can I say, I just love updating. So I had originally given this 4 lippies but upon reconsideration (as well as redigging this out from the bottom of the chasm also known as my lip balm bag), I did notice that this moisturizes for only about two hours then it is completely NECESSARY to reapply. This is so tiresome! I would recommend Palmer's coco butter swivel stick!

on 12/3/2011 9:48:00 PM

So far I love this! I have mine in Peppermint which has no tint to it for 2 dollars at Walmart. I thought the packaging was cute so that is what mainly drew me to it that and the spf 20. Its lightweight and non greasy and the smell isn't over powering. It doesn't beat my lizard lips one but overall I like it. It is decent I would buy it again.

on 12/3/2011 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Bought this product (anti-oxidant berry) with high hopes as I've heard many rave reviews but this lip balm did absolutely nothing for me lips at all. I have to reapply every 30-45mins and when I had dry and chapped lips, it did absolutely nothing with religious application.

on 12/2/2011 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a bzz agent and I got one of each of these lip balms for free to try them out. I like all the different colors they have. I especially like the red one. Even after the lip balm is gone your lips are still a little red it doesnt go away completely. I also like the peach color a lot. I would probably buy it in the future.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the purple/Grape version because I was curious and because I'm always looking for a good SPF lip color that isn't going to be $$$. I have very sensitive skin and will break out in a rash or otherwise if I merely look at some products.

What can I say, trying new beauty products is my only foray in to daredevil behavior. (just kidding)

So I didn't know what to expect from this. So far I've been using it sporadically and have had no issues. No overdrying or itciness of my lips that sometimes accompanies a new product within hours of first use.

The color is so barely there it hardly registers. As this is the only one I tried, I can't speak for the other ones but if they're all the same as far as color saturation, go for whatever your favorite color/flavor is for the amount it shows up.

I bought this at Harmon Discount and it was only $2 and change. It wasn't a huge investment and its another SPF lip product to add to the arsenal.

I'd love it if there was a bit more color to it. But as an alternative to a Chapstick/Blistex with spf, I'd buy it again. Just not as a lipstick/gloss.

on 12/1/2011 3:52:00 PM

I think it looks nice and feels nice. However, I hate the weird makeup-y taste it leaves. Yuck!

Popular Lip Treatments