November 29, 2014 | 1428 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by graham_wellington

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just a thin lightly colored balm on me. It had zero staying power and just made me feel like my lips were even smaller than without it. In my experience this is not a good product at all...threw mine away :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by lck2011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this lipstick few ago, l has a 2off qpons for maybelline lip product!!! so total paid 0.97c, I dont mind try a new product a this price, anyways my fav is the peach one, they are really creamy and make my lips really soft, so far I bought 3, I love all of them, just give me the perfect touch color, cuze I dont really like wear real lipstick, o very strong colors :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by 00ness

I was in need of some lip balm and came across Baby Lips in a magazine with good reviews. I decided to give it a try and purchased 2. The blue clear one and orange cherry one. It has the perfect texture and makes my lips feel smooth and rejuvinated! The cherry one does come out tinted on your lips, which I do like but makes me wonder if the purple one would leave your lips purple?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Jill87

I love this Lip Balm! I have in Quenched. It is clear and smells good. It feels great going on because its really smooth. It has great moisturizing qualities, and I can tell the difference in just two days. My lips are much smoother and just feel better. This is a definite plus since the dryer season is quickly approaching, I needed to find a great product, and I did. I think I am going to try the Cherry next. My friend has that one and its just a subtle hint of color which is what I would prefer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Suzy9797

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

mine doesnt look like the ones in the picture, but i'm guessing it has to be the same thing. i really wanted to love it because it was cheap and cute and maybelline. after much deliberation, i bought the pink punch color expecting it to be a little more sheer than it actually was. and perhaps not as... pink. very '80s. depending on what makeup i am wearing, it looks ok, but i am pretty pale so wearing it alone just washes me out. i dont really notice the moisture it supposedly produces. it even claimed to make your lips healthier after 2 weeks of use (or something to that effect, anyway). i find that really hard to believe because it doesnt feel that moist on.
overall, i would try the other ones, but will never need to purchase the pink again because i dont plan on running out.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by phindle

I bought one of these because everyone had one and it was pretty big on tumblr too. I live in New Zealand and we don't have the tinted ones so I bought the smoothing cherry lip balm. It smells nice and it does it's job moisturising my lips BUT after I leave it on a little bit, the taste/smell of it changes into this horrid smell of UGH. It disgusts me so I definitively will not be purchasing again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by feetjustgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really happy to see an affordable tinted lip balm. I'm pretty low maintenance, but I have very pale (and dry, and often chapped) lips and now that I'm working in an office full-time, I am looking for something to help me look a little more pulled together but that doesn't require investing lots of time/money (since I have neither).

I wanted to get the Grape color, but balked due to just how pale my lips are. Instead, I got Pink Punch, mistakenly thinking it might be a MLBB color. No. As other reviewers have noted, it's a Barbie doll pink. To my eye, it seems almost frosty. I am not opposed to the color per se, as I occasionally enjoy a bright, bold, fun lip, but in that case I would prefer a more pigmented lipstick. Either way, the color doesn't do anything for me. For reference, I have NW15 skin, dark brown eyes, and medium reddish brown hair.

I still use the lip balm, and it feels nice enough, although it doesn't seem particularly moisturizing. I said I'd buy again, thinking I would in a different color, but I'm really not sure.

Final thought--I think the packaging is really cute and have had no problems with the top coming off in my cavernous, disaster zone of a bag.

*EDIT* I did buy this product again in Grape and I'm so glad I did! The Pink Punch color was so bright and unnatural and the fruit punch scent so overwhelming that I was truly freaked out by the prospect of dark purple lips and catching a whiff of grape cough syrup all day (I HATE artificial grape flavor/smell), but my curiosity and the $3 price tag won out. I'm pleased to report that the grape pez smell isn't too strong (I only notice it when I look for it) and that this is a MLBB shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2011 9:25:00 AM More reviews by NaturalGirl1116

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I saw the baby lips lip balm display and it immediately got my eye. I liked the bright fun colors and 80s feel. I decided to give them a try so I purchased peach kiss. First off the scent is very peachy and sweet which I liked. It applied very smooth and felt great on my lips. I also love the soft shimmer of color it gave. My only problem with this balm is that it bleed pretty bad after it wore of my lips. I had sparkles all around my mouth!! I think I will repurchase this in the future but sick to the CLEAR!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by fwilmore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Quenched, Pink Punch, Peach Kiss and Grapevine. I have different opinions on all of them. First off, I LOVE Pink Punch. I have a hard time pulling off barbie pink lippies because they make me look like a clown, but this is the perfect balance of balm to lipstick for me. This gives me those Nicki Minaj pink lips without looking crazy. I bought a back up tube of this.
Quenched has pretty good slip, but is not the best lip balm out there. I like seeing the tube in my purse and it helps rehydrate my lips over lipstick that has dried out. I wouldn't buy it again only because I have a million lip balms already that can do the job.
Peach Kiss was useless so I brought it back. It has NO pigment. It felt kind of grainy, hardly any slip at all.
Grapevine really isn't pigmented enough for me. I don't see any purple tone in it. It's more like a sheer berry color for me. I might use it over my darker lipsticks that are too dry. I wouldn't purchase this one again.

So, YMMV depending on which one you get, but how can you deny the cuteness of the tube?!? It makes me smile when I see it and feel all girly.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Fancee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like mine. I have it in Grape Vine and it's such a nice hint of color. It's not overly scented or flavored which is fine with me. I've had Dr. Pepper lip balm in the past and that stuff is way too scented and flavored for something that I apply as often as I do. I'm not averse to scents or flavors but the Dr. Pepper balm was just too much after a while. This lip balm is, so far, perfect for adding a hint of color and moisture without being overpowering on the scent, flavor or color. I'll be getting other colors to try and, for sure, will repurchase the Grape one.