April 20, 2014 | 1649 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by jadejiang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful neutral colours. I never need anything else on a day-to-day basis. The pigmentation is great and it lasts long (if base is used). My favourite has to be the colour 'sin'. It's gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 2:54:00 AM More reviews by StarCielle

The Naked Palette is awesome! I just started working at ULTA about a month ago as a prestige makeup artist. This product is super popular that we keep it in the register. As a makeup artist at Ulta I had to try this out for myself. So I bought one and it came with a little cute travel size potion eye primer (original) and a eye shadow brush. My co-worker that bought it a while back said her's came with the 24/7 eyeliner. As for me it would've been more convenient for me to have the eye liner instead since I use different brushes to apply my eyeshadows. One regular eyeshadow brush won't do the work for me at least. However, for some it might be convenient to have the brush. Anyways, enough about the brush. The eyeshadows are well pigmented and have the best neutral/smokey/day/night look to it. I've done so many different looks with this palette that I love using it as a makeover for my clients. I love how I can take this anywhere with me and do pretty much any look I want in neutral colors. The only dislike factor about the naked palette is that it does not have much matte colors. However, I will still give this a five since I love it so much! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by grespinosa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I could ill afford this product, but as my local Sephora didn't have it in stock to swatch, I was finally able to place an online order for this months later and when I received it, began putting it to use. Although I loved the primer potion, the colors didn't retain their brightness on me (I have used seven of the colors so far) and they're not especially intense or particularly flattering on my skintone. It's possible that one of the colors I haven't used yet might work out for me better, but unfortunately this turned out NOT to be a "must-have" for me so I'll have to see if I have the option to return it. My many Wet-n-Wild palettes work much better for me!

13 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by pisces31919

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, I cant belive that I actually have this after 6 months of waiting! I saw this when it was first released and skipped it like an idiot because I thought it was like every other palette out there. This palette is for any and everyone! Perfect for everyday, a night out, traveling. With this palette, you get 12 full size, super pigmented shadows for $48 and easily saving yourself well over $100. A little goes such a long way. Ladies, please don't pass this up if you're able to get your hands on it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by haidehh

This is my everyday shadow. its handy and have all the basic colors. good for travelling too because it covers the needs. Very easy to work with and no fallouts. I like this

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 4:17:00 AM More reviews by charlee22

Took me ages to get my hands on this as I live in Australia.
Although it is a bit pricey I am overall happy and impressed with the product. Lovely pigmented and quality shades in a great package.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by kahillrn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Here I am, jumping on the Naked Palette bandwagon. I can't help it, I'm just as excited as most of the reviews your going to read. I love the packaging style (not totally thrilled by the "velvet", I have a dog) but none the less, cute. The colors are beautiful. I love all of them, but brown is my favorite color. I could go on about each one, but I can't imagine I could write anything that's not already been covered.

I have the new palette, with the brush. It's fine, not the usual crappy brush you get with most palette's. But not necessarily one I would have to purchase on its own. I do think with both the quality and the number of shadow's you receive, the purchase price is not that steep. $48 for 12 shadows, might seem like a lot of money, but you will never find that kind of quality for <$4. Remember your also getting a small primer potion and a brush (or eyeliner), that makes them less than $4 each. They blend beautifully, they are soft and velvety. I couldn't stop rubbing it between my fingers. They are just as well made as any of my MAC shadows. The matte colors are more velvety than MAC matte.

I've found my HG crease color, buck. It's a mid-tone brown, but works just perfect with my NC20 skin. I have blue/grey eyes and auburn hair. The first time I got to use it, of course, I had to be in a rush. *sigh* I applied naked to my entire lid, half-baked to the center, buck to the crease and hustle to the outer corner. I finished with virgin to the brow bone and inner tear duct. Blended well and off I went, in a matter of 3 minutes I had a finished look with little trouble. I have the double ended eyeliner, zero & whiskey I RIS already. I applied zero to the top lash line and whiskey to the lower water line. Easy-peasy. I also think they should have left the eyeliner instead of replacing it with the brush.

I hope to have more time in the near future to play with different looks. Of course, youtube has many video's to watch and kandijohnson has a beautiful one if you like smokey/dark/sexy eyes.

The most important thing, I forgot to say........I actually put a little buck under my lower lash line (I NEVER put shadow under my lash line) and it looked amazing. Thank you Urban Decay for expanding my eyeshadow universe. Of all the palette's I've had over the years, this is my HG (at least for today :))

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by wakeupjuliette

First off, I'll be honest: I think this product is a bit overrated and many people have raved about it too much on YouTube and a million of other beauty blogs, so I wouldn't even bother to make one on my own site. However, I do think that it is worth all the attention it's getting, due to the following reasons:
1.) The sizes of the eye shadows in this palette are the same of the individual shadows being sold by UD (I think it's about 0.05oz?)
2.) The shadows themselves are highly pigmented. Granted that they are on the shimmery side (a signature trademark of UD) and that some of the colors are redundant if you've bought their previous palettes, I still think it's not much of an issue because these colors are those that are used over and over again (like Gunmetal! <3)
3.) IT DOES NOT HAVE "MIDNIGHT COWBOY RIDES AGAIN." HELLO THAT'S A REASON TO CELEBRATE IN ITSELF.
4.) The colors of the shadows are very versatile and can be used by anyone in any occasion.

It's one of those palettes I would really recommend if you have extra cash to spare and you're planning to buy your first palette. Also, judging from my experience, I don't think there's a perfect dupe for it, and this is coming from someone who's tried both Asian and Western cosmetics.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by princesslola13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is ok,nothing special.I hardly use it.The colors are similar and unexciting. Also lots of dupes that perform better.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by kcj1314

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Don't believe the hype. I have several high-end neutral sets and this ranks among the worst. The color payoff is so so and the fall out is terrible. lorac and too faced are far superior. I am mad at myself for feeding into the frenzy!