August 22, 2014 | 1950 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 4:21:00 AM More reviews by roguelicious

I love this palette. I use it every single day. There literally isn't a look you can't make out of this palette. It's got all the neutrals you could want, all the way from highlighters to eyeshadows to liner colors. It's perfect! I got mine when it came with a mini UPDD and the double ended Zero/Whiskey liner. PERFECT!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 4:17:00 AM More reviews by LeahM426

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this pallette! I was nervous that when I tried it, it wasn't going to live up to my high expectations, then...it exceeded them! This is my go to, everyday pallette. The colors are absolutely amazing and would look great on everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by luvlost03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The best palette ever! The quality of these shadows are amazing. Everyone must have this you wont regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by stellartois

Definitely lives up to the hype for me. UD shadows are exceptionally smooth, pigmented and easy to blend. I have the brush version and I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Loopachu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have to admit, I bought this because of the hype. And like many other people who are neutral fans, I already had dupes of most of the colors.

But I do find that I use the matte shades fairly frequently (naked and buck) and I really like virgin as a highlight. If you don't already have a big stash of neutrals this would be a really handy palette. I think the reason people are disappointed is it can't possibly live up to the massive hype it's caused for itself.

I have the version with the brush, and I think it's a good little brush for applying the shadow densely. I use something else for blending.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 5:14:00 AM More reviews by channingto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this palette! Yes it is extremely hyped up and on the pricy side, but for GOOD QUALITY Urban Decay eyeshadows, the price is a steal (versus if you were to buy shadows individually from UD). I don't particularly like Sidecar because of the chunky glitter, but if you are careful, you can get by on using it without major fallout, but I'm not much of a glitter girl anyway.. I can say that I"m in love with the rest of the coors.. I sold the brush it came with (second version had brush, rather than the double-ended eyeliner) because I didn't need it.. Great for everyday looks or smokey looks too. Love this palette.

8/21/2011
Still love it, and I use it even MORE now - everyday! Still haven't used sidecar much, but it's okay, I'm in love with everything else. I plan on buying a backup just in case and just to ease my worries, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE this palette more and more everyday. On lazy days, I can easily throw on a color all over the lids, put on mascara, and I'm done! I like doing that a lot with Smog - for a light bronzey eye. For super lazy days, I use Naked all over the lid. That color surprised me because I"m fairly tan, so I thought it wouldn't show up, but it's a more cool toned brown so it tones down my very warm skin a lot and shows up as almost a gray-brown (still very much brown). I also love using Gunmetal for smokey looks, the gray-blue is GORGEOUS. Most people use virgin all over the lid or sin, but having a more tan complexion, I think that's too frosty and light on me, but as highlights, they're great.I do wish there was a matte dark brown and matte black included, but I have tons of those, so it's okay - plus, using darkhorse, hustle, or creep in the crease work too. Overall, still digging this palette!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by jesskimo89

Overall, I am not impressed. After all of the hype it's received I was definitely expecting better. I really can't wear golds or blacks for some reason, so a lot of the colors are no bueno for me. It did however introduce me to Side Car and Naked, which I love! I pretty much use it everyday, but I could live without it. Don't kid yourself, just try it in store and buy the full-size colors! Plus, mine came with that cheap brush that I tried using, but... Yeah.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Veee07

I like this for the fact that it has all neutral colors. I use this almost every day and can play around and create different looks. The only downside to this is that it has no matte shades, which makes it hard to do a full look with this (unless you're into all sparkly eyes). All the shadows are smooth and pigmented and a little goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by samluvsmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i am probably going to get slated for saying this....but...im not sure i get all the hype,
i ordered my naked palette off the internet the other day and even added next day delivery as i couldnt wait and was so excited, it was delivered first thing yesterday morning and i was so giddy unwrapping it, straight away i had to have a play around with it and...
then it hit me that all the shadows apart from 2 are glittery and shimmery!! i was so gutted, shimmery and glittery is great for night time for me but during the day i like subtle makeup and shimmery and glittery is not subtle for me for daytime, so i am extremely disappointed, and as i live in the UK, i cant return it as our shops dont allow open and used cosmetics back,
on the plus side..they look so pretty and are so soft and pigmented and i am sure i can mix and match with my other palettes shadows but i am truly gutted that i wont get as much use out of it as i thought i would :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by RBains

Love it, this palette is great when traveling.