MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

4.4

Isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polytheylene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, lecithin, caprylyl glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, ceramide 2, hexylene glycol, barium sulfate, BHT, phenoxyethanol [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 42090), carmine (Cl 75470), chromium hydroxide green (Cl 77289), chromium oxide greens (Cl 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), manganese violet (Cl 77742), ultramarines (Cl 77007), yellow 5 lake (Cl 19140)]

on 4/19/2009 11:59:00 PM

I wanted to purchase Stila's smudgepot, but it's 20$. So I thought about getting MAC's gel liner since it's a bit cheaper. My aunt has the Fluidline in Blacktrack and I wanted to try it out before I bought it. Well, I'm glad that I did. I was really excited to try it out but within a few hours it smudged. I applied liquid eyeliner (what I usually use) on one eye and the fluidline on the other. By the end of the day (of just sitting around in my house) some of the eyeliner smudged down to the bottom of my eye (i only applied it to the top) whereas the liquid liner didn't smear, but looked as if it was about to flake. I was so disappointed.

I thought maybe I had applied too much, so I tried it again today. It still smudged within a few hours. I wouldn't repurchase and wouldn't recommend.

on 4/19/2009 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm a fan of the bold cat-eye look, so I've been searching for a long-lasting, super-black liquid eyeliner. MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack is my current favourite - it definitely has staying power, and when used with the right brush, you can get a great cat-eye flick.

It takes some practice to get the hang of, but I think that's a given with liquid eyeliners. I find that it's smudge-free and a nice, bold black. Will be re-purchasing.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love it. It applies so easily and lasts the whole day. The breaking point is the price of this product but I think it's worth the money.
Anyway - I'll definitely buy this again! :)

on 4/19/2009 12:43:00 PM

i didnt know how to use eyeliner until i bought this
HG eyeliner for me

on 4/19/2009 12:53:00 AM

i love this eyeliner except the lady who sold it to me gave me the wrong brush! it's way to thick! i like eyeliner thin, & she gave me the mac 209 which i think is pretty think for me, i think she should've gave me an angled brush or a 210, or 208 i forgot which one it was?
ooookay, well it's weird cause i didn't put any at the bottom, and at the end of the day it goes to my undereye....but other then that it stays on all day!

on 4/17/2009 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

this is a good fluid eyeliner, but the major problem is that it drys out way tooooooo fast. i had it for like two weeks and already the texture is getting really hard. no longer smooth :( don't waste your money.
i will not but again!!!

on 4/17/2009 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It's so sad to see so many bad reviews for this product but it has not drastically effected the overall rating :) This is my HG eyeliner times a millllllion! Lets start with the price, 15. Well it pays for itself. I used to use my drugstore maybelline waterliner and other product for 5 years around $7 every two months; sometimes every month. I use this everyday and I'm still haven't finish this product. It has been since June '08 that my sister-in-law introduce this to me. And thank her! Ten months of use! I used it on my waterline also since March. So that's alot of use. Its easy to apply with my 266 but any angled brush will do to achieve the cateye. I wanted to make an even cateye between both eyes but had trouble which is why she recommended it to me and gave me her spares :) It gives a precise line. I mean I haven't had a problem with it drying up. But I've made a habit to have it slightly close while applying. You have to make sure you screw it correctly when placing it storage as well. The thick glass can only keep so much air out unless you do it properly. But if yours has dried up, use Mac Fix+ and that definitely solves problems with cream products that have dried up (i.e. paint pots also). My cousin's fluidline dried up with a crack right through, one squirt! And it's just like new. It's staying power is good up until you're right at the end of the product which is where I am at. But 9 months of good, definitely tops it.

on 4/17/2009 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I am on my third jar of Blacktrack. I started wearing this product the moment MAC introduced the line. It may take a little practice if you are not used to applying liner using a brush, but once you master it... it's all good! The color is JET black which I love. Once applied the liner will dry and stay there until you take it off. It applies smoothly and quickly. It's wonderful. I used to only line the upper lids as a rookie, but now I also line my lower lids. I like to apply this product with my MAC brush 266. Though it can be a little pricey, the little glass jar will last very long time. Also sometime you can luck up and find it at the CCO for around $11.00. But just beware ladies... If the top is left off for an extended period of time.... It may crack and dry out. Keep the lid on tight !

on 4/17/2009 5:18:00 PM

this stuff stays on no matter what! Rich in color, creamy, tiny pot goes a long way. Takes time to master applying it on with a brush.

on 4/17/2009 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like this e/l, it's heavy duty and won't budge- great for nights out, more formal occasions. I would wear it more often but I don't wear black every day. I also don't think it's the blackest liner out there at all.The other thing is that this product dries up big time. I don't know why but my other fluidlines don't dry up like this. Maybe I didn't shut the lid tight enough at one point or I've had it too long. It could probably be remedied by adding water or mineral oil or something (Haven't tried either), I just wish it was as "gel" like as it used to be, or like my others!