September 21, 2014 | 2040 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by carebear413

I came to give a review on this because I've been testing another gel liner and been making comparisons. Honestly this is one of the best fluidliners out there. It doesnt even compare with Stila smudgepot or Smashbox's gel liner.

this is great because
-it doesnt dry as fast as Stila
-when u apply it, it doesnt flake like Stila
-when u apply it, the color payoff is better than Smashbox's
-it stays on better than smashbox
and
-it is not as pricey as Stila's

I have my fluidline for about 2 yrs andddd im near the end of the pot and it has proven to me it that it has lived its time.
I barely used and opened the Stila smudgepot anddddd it's DRY and flakey. IT even HURTS to apply since the flakes get onto my eyes.

Hope this helps. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by threeghostsinalighthouse

Let me start out by saying that this is my top choice for eyeliner, ever. My friend recommended it to me when I was complaining about how I hated sharpening pencils and how they'd irritate my eyes. I tried some of hers and was amazed by how easily and gently it glided on. I went out and bought a container of it. I've used it just about everyday for a year, and I still have a little less than half of the container. Its well worth the price, I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by BRosa

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite gel eyeliners. I also use it on lids as a base. It stays on, doesn't smudge. I even use it on my waterline when I want color that stays put. It lasts for a long time. Be careful to close the jar real tight, it can get dry. This got to be one of MAC best products.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2009 7:06:00 PM More reviews by JessyxLin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great! Very easy to use and a little goes an extremely long way. It doesn't come with a brush, but you do not need to purchase a mac brush to get good results. I purchased a liner brush from walmart for about 4 dollars in one of the makeup isles. It also lasts a long time. I've had it for about 2 months and use it almost every day. I've barely made a dent!

Also, the staying power of this eyeliner is okay. I have oily eyelids so the corner of my eyes are constantly smudged and needs touching up within an hour. Perhaps if you didn't have greasy lids, this would be perfect for you!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by marvin1

this product wasn't creamy or dark enough for me. I found myself having to dip the brush into the jar quite often to get an opaque black line. Even then sometimes it just wouldn't show up as deep black. For me the HIP cream liner in black works a lot better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by soopinkk

I love this eyeliner so much. I've been using it since high school because a friend gave it to me for my birthday, and I've been using it ever since. It gives the perfect line and I get many compliments on my eyeliner all of the time. I also got so many of my friends to use this because it's easy to use. I used to use a pencil, but it hurts my eyes, just rubbing it back and forth. With Fluidline, it goes on smooth and stays for so long. I never have a problem with it smudging which is awesome! I recommend this to anyone looking for a really good eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by kim5061

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have found my HOLY GRAIL eyeliner. I honestly never want to use another eyeliner as long as I live. I was using L'Oreal HIP cream liner, and it is NOTHING compared to this! I've just tried it for the first time and I'm promptly getting rid of the HIP liner. Blacktrack is true black, it stays put, and best of all, is super creamy. Overall, it is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 7:50:00 AM More reviews by lightlessness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am just as in love with this product as everyone else. I have oily eyelids and this is the ONLY product I have found that stays in place all day and still looks amazing. It is really easy to apply and dries quickly. One thing I haven't seen other people really raving about is how very little it takes and how long a jar can last. I use a tiny amount every day and I do very intense eye most days so it really has the ability to go a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by definelove

This is not only my HG eyeliner, but my favourite makeup product of all time. The fluidline formula is creamy and glides on effortlessly. Prior to discovering this amazing eyeliner, I've always had trouble with smudging. I've tried many many types of pencil liners but they all just tend to smudge on me after a couple of hours. After I started using this, I never really started to have problems with smudging anymore. The only very small problem I have with this eyeliner is that the colour tends to fade away if I wear this for a longer time (around 10 hours+).. but I just like to carry some liquid liner around with me when I know I'm going to be out for the whole long day and reapply whenever necessary. I apply the fluidline with the 266 angled eyeliner brush, which is great because it follows the natural shape of your eye and creates a really nice line and wing. I cannot rave enough about this product. It was my first and favourite Mac product. I bought this about a year ago and I still have about 1/4 product left. The packaging is also very sleek (but so are all of Mac's product packagings). AMAZING PRODUCT!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 6:17:00 PM More reviews by mollymegan

I absolutely adore MAC fluidline. It applies really smoothly. I previously used MAC's liquidlast liner, but the fluidline lasts much longer, and stays on just as good! I line my eyes everyday, and i still have so much of this product left since december! It is quite pricey, but worth it as it lasts so long. I use the brush from the liquidlast liner to apply the fluidline, so i recommend any brush similar to this, or with a point (sorry, not an expert with the brushes! haha).

Would definately buy this product again and again..