October 25, 2014 | 1073 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 9:55:00 AM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser does nothing for me, I"m disappointed because the Sales Lady was saying this and that, the ONLY THING i liked is the grapefruit smell. But other than that, my face felt dirty even after using this to wash. It does nothing to my skin, overrated efficiency I assume, and the sad thing is, I've used it for a few weeks and WTF the sebum and the blemishes are coming back !!! (there are none before I use this cleanser) I mean, I HATE THIS cleanser so much. IMO, this DOESN"T EVEN DESERVE A LIPPIE.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2008 9:54:00 AM More reviews by MsLeanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cleanser is just OK. Nothing special here. It does a good job of removing my makeup, and I do not have to use a seperate eyemakeup remover, so I liked that aspect. It just doesn't leave my oily skin feeling as clean as I like. Plus, it doesn't help with my blemishes. I think my cheaper Olay cleanser and Cetaphil works better at a fraction of the price, plus it's easier to purchase. Overall, very disappointing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Emkat8

Got this in a swap, thank goodness. I'd be mad if I actually paid for this with my hard earned money. I really can't think of many nice things to say about this product. I sort of liked the smell. Thats it. Everything else about it was gross. It gave me LOTS of pimples, my face still felt dirty after washing, and I feel like I have to use quite a bit just to get some cleansing power going on. I really tried this for a quite a few weeks too to be fair, but no it still works horribly for me :( Too bad. But really, I think it is too overpriced anyway. Maybe I'm just frugal, but I honestly believe you can find just as good of a drugstore cleanser as you can high end. Pass on this one ladies, trust me. I picked up a bar of cetaphil cleanser at Wal-mart for $3 and it has done a 100 times better for my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2008 12:22:00 PM More reviews by tatornish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for about 3 weeks now. I use it at night time and in the morning use dermalogica daily microfoliant ( which is awesome) in the morning. I was scared to use this because it has oil in it and i am prone to getting breakouts. But since using it , my skin has transformed. I use to use proactive, but i swear i started to age from that and it wasn;t helping my breakouts anymore anyway. Purity, combined with dermalogicas daily micrfolaint and gentle cream exfoilant has transfomred my skin. I look like i'm 16 again! ( i'm 24) At fisrt i didn't like it because i applied it to very wet face and very wet hands and it foamed more ( which i didnt like because more foam=more dry) BUT than i started to wet my face a litte and put about a dime sized drop on DRY hands and rub it into my face. It takes every thing off and cleans so well and DOES NOT dry my skin out. Give it about 2 weeks and you will love it.
Edit: After about two years this started to dry my skin out. Probably because of the sulfates. I just ordered bare minerals purifying facial cleanser (not sulfates or parabans) so hopefully that will work!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2008 9:49:00 AM More reviews by toffeebanoffee

I love this cleanser! It is the only thing that removes my Double Wear foundation. I have very acne prone skin and this does not break me out, I also have dry skin and this cleanser does not dry it out further. The only negative is that I find I have to use quite a bit so it's costly to keep buying, but I wouldn't use anything else.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by krissy10

I liked it a lot as a makeup remover, however to keep from breaking out I still had to use a toner because it doesn't do much to eliminate oil. It is nice for the winter time when my skin is a little dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2008 3:31:00 AM More reviews by mehrunissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Original review (11/8/2008): I have nothing but love for this product. I had to get used to the non-foaming aspect of it, because I've always used highly foamy washes before, but now I love that part of it too. Who needs the foam when the cleanser is doing its job so thoroughly?!? And yes, I know there is a foaming Purity out now, but I like the creaminess of the original. It feels really luxurious and gentle on my skin, but manages to strip off all of the makeup and grime that you suffer in the city. I don't need a makeup remover anymore! Before Purity, I'd always see makeup residue on my toner cotton ball, but that's no longer the case, and the toner gets to do its actual job. My skin looks and feels really good.

Update (5/12/2011): Stopped using it when I moved to an area with hard water. Purity wasn't removing all of the makeup like it had with softer water, and my whole face broke out. I had half a bottle left, made me really sad, because I had loved the cleanser a lot before I moved.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 1:24:00 AM More reviews by lesliexyang

Winner! This stuff removed my Revlon Colorstay! yeapee and it cleaned out my pores. It didn't even take a lot of it to remove all of my makeup either. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2008 1:18:00 AM More reviews by snwsnw

Ok, is it just me, or does this cleanser smell like dog shampoo?? I tried it yesterday, and I do not like this product at all. My face still felt as if it didn't wash it. I followed the directions, massaged my face for 60 seconds and rinsed. I followed this with my Clinique #4 toner to see if it really removed all of the makeup on my face...it did not. I love the packaging, but the product is not great. I will be sticking with my Clinique 3 step routine. I might use this as a brush cleaner, but I'm still weary about the dog shampoo smell.
***Update*** Ok, so I have to admit, this cleanser is ok...My normal Clinique cleanser and toner is a little bit too drying in the winter months on my combo skin, so I have recently reached for Purity made simple only because I don't want to waste the money I spent on it. My face feels pretty clean, and refreshed. This with my Clinique moisturizing gel works nicely. The price is steep, so when I'm out, I don't think I will re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 6:47:00 PM More reviews by silverylotus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser, I have been using this for the past two years. I would try a different cleanser here and there, but I just keep going back to Philosophy. I have super oily skin, but somehow a lot of other cleanser dries me up (especially the foamy ones). This is the only cleanser that I feel like I can clean with over and over again that won't dry out my face and leave a clean feeling. I love using this with my Clarisonic brush.