Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I was shocked to find that this cleanser actually cleanses my sensitive but oily skin without causing a reaction or drying it out. Removes makeup fairly well. I use this every night now to cleanse my face. The downside is it is expensive but you do get a lot and actually you don't need a lot to cleanse thoroughly so it lasts quite a while. I've been using the same bottle since October and it's about 2/3 done.

on 1/9/2009 2:49:00 AM

I got this product for christmas, Ive been using it since and it works great. Lots of products give me irritation, since my skin is very sensitive. But this product is very gentle on the skin and keep pimples gone. Leaves me leaving pure, just like it says. I really like this product and look forward to buying it again.

on 1/9/2009 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I was a bit hesitant to purchase it because of the price but skincare is becoming more important as I am reaching my thirties and I'm willing to spend a little more. It has not been a 'miracle' product but it's pretty good compared to other products I've used. My face is naturally dry but using this has really decreased the dryness. Other cleansers I've used in the past such as Cetaphil usually left my face feeling even more dry. The first few days of usage, I couldn't stop touching my face because it felt so nice and soft. It does not remove heavy eye makeup which I was not expecting anyways but it does a decent job of removing other makeup. Others have stated that it's not foamy enough but according to the direction, you should use this with water. I squeeze a very small amount onto my palm and dilute it with a bit of water before applying. A little goes a long way so it ought to last me a long time. It smells great and leaves my face feeling very squeaky clean. It's been about 4 weeks, I haven't experienced any negative reactions. I would probably repurchase this..assuming that the results continue to be positive.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I had picked up the smaller size at sephora about 6months ago and really liked it, so i went back and got the 16oz, it does a great job cleaning my skin, its not irritating nor greasy and it doesnt leave a residue on my face. My only gripe is the price.

on 1/8/2009 12:01:00 AM

i broke out the next day after using it.

on 1/6/2009 11:12:00 AM

I have been using this for about 3 weeks with the HIAJ. I am rather lucky with it comes to cleaners. This one was just ok for me. I didnt break out or cause me any issues. Im not all that found of the smell but I will keep using this. one thing that I did notice was the redness around my nose is less that before. I could not tell you if it is because of this wash of if it is from the HIAJ.

Update:
After using this I cant seem to find something better. This really is doing a great job of keeping my pores cleaned. I did add the sephora brand toner and they work great together.

on 1/5/2009 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This is an okay cleanser. It cleansed my skin without stripping the natural oils, stinging, irritating, breaking or drying out my skin. It doesnt foam all that much and I wouldnt use it to remove makeup. But its okay for days/times that I wasnt wearing mu. Overall I think there are cleansers that do "more" that I would prefer over this one.

on 1/5/2009 3:48:00 PM

sadly, this stuff just doesn't work for me. after reading all the rave reviews for it, i was so excited to try, and i really wanted it to work, but, alas, it just doesn't. it made me breakout horribly. not only did it break me out, but it dried my skin out terribly. even though i exfoliate regularly, i was covered in flakes the entire time i used this. i also can't stand the soapy, dish soap smell this stuff has. the only reason it gets a two instead of a one is because it does seem to remove makeup pretty well and you can use it all over your eyes without burning them. honestly, i wouldn't even recommend you try this, given the price. its just nothing special.

on 1/4/2009 7:44:00 PM

Unfortunately, I have not had much luck with Philosophy products in general. In regard to Purity Made Simple specifically, I could barely get past the horrible medicinal smell, but I thought I would give it a chance since it has received so many favorable reviews. However, the end result was consitent with my other experiences with this brand, as my relationship with this product ended in disappointment. Within a few days, my skin developed an orange-peel texture (on my cheeks, at least) and then started peeling in several areas. Apparently, there is an ingredient in Philosophy products that my skin just can't tolerate (am I the only one that develops contact dermatitis EVERY time I use a Philosophy product?) Oh well!

on 1/4/2009 10:22:00 AM

This is OKAY for me. Doesn't do anything particularly great, and yeah, I'd buy it again. Only because it does clean your skin without the hefty price.