Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

LOVE THIS CLEANSER!!! It is great for my oily/acne prone skin!!! Plus you get SO much for the price!!!

LOOOVE ♥ LOOOVE ♥ LOOOVE ♥ this face wash. i've strayed a couple times and i've always come running back. I had pretty much given up on finding something to clear my pizza face. i ran out of my DDF cleanser n decided to try something new. I figured instead of always trying to fight the pimples w/ medicated washes, why not try the opposite n use something gentle and simple. That's where purity came into play. and OMG. it totally cleared my face. I've been looking for something as miraculous as this for the last 8 years! i've been breaking out since i was 13 and my parents have tried everything on me. they felt bad and wanted to help. when i saw my parents again they were SURPRISED! we ALL had given up hope finding something to help my skin. I now give this as a gift to anyone and everyone that needs a little help with their skin and they dont think twice about using it because they saw what it did for me! don't be afraid to try it! buy it from sephora. if u hate it, they'll take it back... but u owe it to urself to try it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have oily skin but this sort of dries it out.. I don't know. It's okay, just not worth the hype.

I first got a sample of Purity and I'm all for one-step cleansers to save me time. The sample worked out great, so I ordered a 16 oz. bottle. I used it for over a month and noticed that I was getting some pimples on my forehead and cheeks, and my skin seemed drier than usual - felt a bit dehydrated. I went back to my MK Timewise 3-in-1 Cleanser and my face healed up and got soft again. Although I like the idea and the herbally smell of Purity, I don't think it's a good cleanser for my face. I use it to clean my makeup brushes now.

I bought this product after reading the reviews on sephora and i regret it. i've never had any issues with acne. only had minor acne but now i'm breaking out in places i never have before. it's bee nabout a month and a half and i'm still breaking out. it definitely does a good job with moisturizing and it doesn't dry my skin out. it leaves it looks very fresh but i keep breaking out. i'll give it another 3 weeks. if i'm still breaking out by then, then it's definitely the product.

I received a deluxe size sample of the Philosphy purity from Sephora. I had heard good things about the cleanser and was excited to try it.

Things I like about it:
foams well
nice scent
leaves skin clean, but does not dry

My face does not have more breakouts, but it also didn't do anything to really improve the quality or texture of my skin. I still have congested pores, large pores, etc. So, I decided to give this 3 lippies. I found it to be an average cleanser.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this for maybe two years and I really like it. It takes all my makeup off, and I have never broken out from using it! Great on those lazy days since it's multi-step to me...takes makeup off, cleanses, skin feels soft afterwards...a staple. Sometimes I do feel like I need to follow up with a gentle cleanser though to get that really clean feeling, and depending on my m/u I may need to repeat the process twice. But in general, it does a really good job gettiny my everyday m/u off. I alternate between equate facial wipes since Purity can be a little expensive...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I'm kind of neutral about this cleanser. I used it for awhile, but it seems to slightly dry out my skin over time. It is a wonderful brush cleaner though,... and it smells kind of like Ricola cough drops. I *may* repurchase, I just have to not use it every single day.

as someone who has bad acne i've used everything. i was put on acutane and that helped but i still break out. i used proactive for years but i just feel like exfoliating that much everytime i wash my face probably was too much and it was very drying. i love love love this stuff. it smells natural and great and is so gentle but really cleans. love it.

I wish I had read the reviews in here before I rushed to sephora to pay 20 bucks for this. I heard all the hype about this stuff. t's not bad though. The price is not high to me. In fact, I believe it's even cheaper (per ounce) than some drugstore cleanser, and I only need a tiny bit every time of use, so the bottle should last a while. I really like how it cleanses off the last trace of my makeup, no makeup remover or toner needed. The smell may be strong to some but I like it, very energizing.
So why the long face? It's seem to be too harsh for my weird used-to-be-combination-but-now-turn-to-flakey skin. Those with more oily skin may like it but not me, it dry out my skin too much. I now only use it to remove my makeup, the job that it is best for. Using it after swiping my face with some jojoba oil make it ok for my skin. But after i'm done with my bottle, I won't repurchase.