September 20, 2014 | 1508 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by krissy10

I liked it a lot as a makeup remover, however to keep from breaking out I still had to use a toner because it doesn't do much to eliminate oil. It is nice for the winter time when my skin is a little dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2008 3:31:00 AM More reviews by mehrunissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Original review (11/8/2008): I have nothing but love for this product. I had to get used to the non-foaming aspect of it, because I've always used highly foamy washes before, but now I love that part of it too. Who needs the foam when the cleanser is doing its job so thoroughly?!? And yes, I know there is a foaming Purity out now, but I like the creaminess of the original. It feels really luxurious and gentle on my skin, but manages to strip off all of the makeup and grime that you suffer in the city. I don't need a makeup remover anymore! Before Purity, I'd always see makeup residue on my toner cotton ball, but that's no longer the case, and the toner gets to do its actual job. My skin looks and feels really good.

Update (5/12/2011): Stopped using it when I moved to an area with hard water. Purity wasn't removing all of the makeup like it had with softer water, and my whole face broke out. I had half a bottle left, made me really sad, because I had loved the cleanser a lot before I moved.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 1:24:00 AM More reviews by lesliexyang

Winner! This stuff removed my Revlon Colorstay! yeapee and it cleaned out my pores. It didn't even take a lot of it to remove all of my makeup either. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2008 1:18:00 AM More reviews by snwsnw

Ok, is it just me, or does this cleanser smell like dog shampoo?? I tried it yesterday, and I do not like this product at all. My face still felt as if it didn't wash it. I followed the directions, massaged my face for 60 seconds and rinsed. I followed this with my Clinique #4 toner to see if it really removed all of the makeup on my face...it did not. I love the packaging, but the product is not great. I will be sticking with my Clinique 3 step routine. I might use this as a brush cleaner, but I'm still weary about the dog shampoo smell.
***Update*** Ok, so I have to admit, this cleanser is ok...My normal Clinique cleanser and toner is a little bit too drying in the winter months on my combo skin, so I have recently reached for Purity made simple only because I don't want to waste the money I spent on it. My face feels pretty clean, and refreshed. This with my Clinique moisturizing gel works nicely. The price is steep, so when I'm out, I don't think I will re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 6:47:00 PM More reviews by silverylotus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser, I have been using this for the past two years. I would try a different cleanser here and there, but I just keep going back to Philosophy. I have super oily skin, but somehow a lot of other cleanser dries me up (especially the foamy ones). This is the only cleanser that I feel like I can clean with over and over again that won't dry out my face and leave a clean feeling. I love using this with my Clarisonic brush.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gave this product a good try, but wish I hadn't! Not only is this expensive, but the consistency is so runny I had to use so much to get a good enough lather going. It also gave me red bumps and a couple huge pimples on my face where I have never seen red bumps before. My skin right now looks so horrible which is very upsetting since it took me forever to get my skin clear before using this. I'm going back to my Clinique cleansers.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2008 3:54:00 PM More reviews by pretty_in_pink_24

I love this cleanser- I have very sensitive, acne prone skin and it doesn't aggravate either condition. Most cleansers leave my face feeling too dry, but this doesn't. It completely removes all my makeup, even heavy eye makeup! Make sure you follow the directions and massage it for at least 30 seconds, it helps to cleanse your skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by sd0tbunny

I REALLY wanted to like this product, my best friend and my mother both use it and have no problems with it whatsoever. I, on the other hand, broke out in red pimples all along my jawline and it only got worse the more I tried to use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by cairn_chick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was looking forward to trying this product because of all the positive ratings. It made my skin very itchy on the first use and smells like bug spray. YUK! It's going back to the store tomorrow.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Adriana_C

I wanted so much to like this product. It smells great to me (very relaxing, like an herbal tea scent) and had a good list of natural ingredients. It took off all my makeup well too. However, it was just far too drying for my skin. My face has become flaky and has a rougher texture after using it for awhile. My skin is prone to dryness, so possibly it would work for other skin types better.