BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 1/20/2004 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Works beautifully on me as a highlighter on the cheeks. I find that a little goes a long way.

on 1/12/2004 9:02:00 AM

I have to agree with those people who say this product is a bit too visible on the skin. I'm very pale and when I wear High Beam on my cheeks it's too glittery for my taste. It doesn't make me look healthy so much as it does shiny. I was hoping something that would warm up my skin tone a bit and this doesn't. That said, it is a nice product for adding a bit of sparkle to the browbones, and might look nice under a blush. The packaging is a bit strange- it looks nice but I think it'd be more practical in a tube.

on 1/6/2004 12:59:00 PM

THis is so nice on. Looks great w/ my Dandelion as my blush. I just put a couple of dots on my upper cheek bone right under the outside corner of my eye and pat it down. Then a tad on the brow bone, and a tad right in the "v" of my upper lip-that does more to define my lips than lip liner does. Don't over do it though, or you'll look like you're sweating a bit. A "not so healthy" glow if you will. ;-) I haven't tried a TON of highlighters, so I don't have much to compare it to, but I do like this alot better than any other that I HAVE tried, and I like enough to stop looking at others, so.....give it a whirl! Placement is the key!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this just as much as Benefit Dandelion. It looks really glam when you're going out for the evening and have smokey eye make-up and glossy lips and it also makes you look naturally radiant when wearing little or no make-up. I love applying it down the middle of my nose, along the nostril line, on my cheeks, chin, forhead, and temples. A little goes a very long way, so it's not terribly expensive for what you're getting.

on 1/3/2004 10:52:00 PM

A mediocre highligher especially for asian skin tones. This would probably work very well for women with very pale skin tones. The particles seemed a little too visible especially during day light. The creamy texture was also a little disturbing for acne prone skin. A far superior highligher would be Chanel's pearl effects.

on 1/3/2004 11:10:00 AM

High Beam is like nothing I had ever tried before. It is a highlighting cream for your cheeks(forehead anywhere you want a glow). It is a pinkish irridesent color. It is soooo pretty. It gives you a dewy glow when the light hits you. The applicator is like a nail polish brush, and its so easy to apply. It is pretty decently priced for something from a department store, and lasts a long time. The best way to describe is it gives you that glow that you see in the magazines! I use it almost everyday and could not live without it, I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!

on 12/15/2003 12:17:00 PM

I like this, and I use it, but I prefer Px Magic Potion and even Revlon Skinlights if I'm honest. I find I can see the glitter particles on my skin so instead of a subtle sexy healthy gleam I've got **GLITTER** all over my face - and I'm too old for that! At the moment High Beam sits lonely on my shelf waiting for me to find a workable way to use it.

on 12/14/2003 12:28:00 AM

I really like this product. I have deep set eyes, and when I put this on the outsides of my eyes, they look bigger and brighter! I'm kind of a dunce with liquid makeup, but this one was very easy for me to use. I will definitely buy it again. :)

on 12/10/2003 6:26:00 PM

I love this. I swab it across my cheekbones and nose, being a boy i really don't over do it, and end up with just a nice subtle shine.
On a night out i can slap it on with a shovel to get a bit more attention, but as it is no one realy notices i'm wearing anything, they think i've just got nice bright healthy skin. Which is nice. Lasts a while too.

on 12/8/2003 2:17:00 PM

I bought this like 2 years ago
and it's been kinda sitting in a drawer for a while. It's an ok product if i dont use a lot of it.
minimal amounts. also i use it once in a blue moon or it may cause break outs. i wouldnt buy this again simply because to me it's not worth the price.

Video Reviews & Tutorials