August 20, 2014 | 1818 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2008 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Teralynn

I would never have expected a pressed powder to be so finely milled and silky. The lightest color is a perfect match for my ultra-fair skin, which is rare. This powder gives an ultra matte, pretty finish. I actually stopped wearing foundation for awhile after finding this product and used only this and concealer and loved the result so much I gave up liquid foundations all together. Unfortunately, while this does provide great coverage for a powder, I have too many post-acne red marks to cover up and you can plainly see my concealer if I wear only this powder over it (I blend, I do !). What I loved most about this product however was that unlike every other foundation and powder I have tried it does NOT sink into the giant pores around my nose and apples of my cheeks and make them stand out even more. My pores are completely invisible with this product on, so I now use it as a sort of primer. I pat it on my nose and cheeks before applying my purestay powder foundation and viola! no more pores! This had also never caused my skin to break out. I will repurchase this product as long as they make it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2008 9:29:00 PM More reviews by badazzbarbi

I dont really like this, i bought it today for the first time and omg it goes on soooooooooooo cakey, i will have to apply it again tomorrow and see again but for right now this stuff sucks, i like the dream matte mouse better

UPDATE: This stuff freakin sucks!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was skeptical, but I read the good reviews here, and as usual, I got curious and wanted to try this out JUST so I could offer a good review (or bad...depending on how it truly was.) I will warn you, for fairer-skin, these colors run a bit dark...it's usually not too bad, but if you've very fair skin, watch your choice.

Okay, I must agree with the majority, the packaging needs work...back-to-the-drawing-board type work. It's not attractive by any means, it's bulky, and flimsy. I do like the mirror attachment, but I wish it would maybe swing out & then turn up so I don't have to make a mess when I'm applying the powder & turning it over to see myself in the mirror. The puff that it comes with is, of course, useless. I threw it in a drawer that I keep all my crappy applicators in (for a rainy day, I suppose.) and I replaced it with 'Essential Tools' makeup puffs. I haven't used this with a brush yet, that might be better. It stays closed up in my makeup carry-along , but it's sometimes difficult to pop open in a moment's notice. Enough about the disappointing packaging...

The product itself is a dream. It goes on and blends smoothly...albeit, there doesn't appear to be a whole lot in the compact...but you can't tell with the bulky disc. It makes your skin feel airy and soft. It's not cakey or too powdery at all...very blendable. I can't rave enough. The coverage is great too! It's got a medium coverage at best, but that's all I'd expect from a powder. I just ask that Maybelline revise their packaging plan, re-release this with a good, useful powder puff (why not start a trend?) And I'd be willing to pay more than $7 easy for this powder. It's wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2008 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Gimferrer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE: I have bought since Chanel Pressed Powder Universelle #Peche 50 and I must say that the colours of Maybelline are much much better and more forgiving as for the quality Chanel is good BUT maybelline is just better, when I use it the Powder doesn't fly everywhere like Chanel... I wish they change the Package though. is the only Powder I hit pan twice !

..................................................................

Or I buy the most expensive High End or the cheapest... There is nothing that feels better than buying a cheap MU that works and feels lovely on the skin

I bought shade 02 (Ivory Rose) is nice Neutral undertone with a hint of Pink indertone , the next one was a bit too yellow /orangy mask on me.The reason I bought this is b/c I wanted a Pressed Powder that would matify the shine I have left on my face after applying a Sunscreen. So I only use it for that not for full coverage. I love it ! although like most reviewers the package is truly a nightmare, the sponge is rubbish but I use a MAC #187 brush to apply that I only need to use it once a day and stays put all day long.
----------------------------------
Skin Tone: MAC NC25NW25N6. (Fair Olive Neutral)
Skin Type; Baumann DRPW

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

First the good points...it's extremely finely milled and very smooth. You only need to dip your powder brush into the powder and it'll pick up the product. No need for swirling the brush in it. The look is very natural and no cakiness or blocthiness. The price is very reasonable as well and the packaging is good too. The colour Sand was a good match for my skintone NC25ish, M40 in PowderFX, Clair in Chanel, to name a few. The reason I wouldn't purchase this again and ended up returning it is because it completely and utterly broke me out with little flesh coloured bumps ALL OVER MY FACE. My face looks like a pizza face now. It's horrid!! Very disappointed. I'm giving it 3 lippies because it may suit many others (as per the reviews here) who have more tolerant skin. Too bad mine is ultra super senstive and acne prone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2008 1:03:00 PM More reviews by bumbles26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this powder, I generally hate matte powders as they're usually quite drying - which is bad news for my skin as its already prone to drying...however, this is unlike other pressed powders - it looks so natural - not at all chalky or mask-like and it does not feel dry at all! It's got a velvety texture and you can tell its finely milled...I don't use the sponge that comes with it, I use a powder brush or a kabuki and lightly dust on top of my tinted moisturiser and I love the result, natural and flawless. It also has good coverage for a powder...love it! Will definitely buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2008 12:37:00 AM More reviews by p4percut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First, I have combination/oily skin. My skin was so oily that I've had to blot multiple times per day.

I've tried a few powders and a few liquid foundations but they've all made me break out. Then I saw this powder and the "finely milled" part convinced me to buy it. It's wonderful, I don't have to blot my face as often and I love the swivel mirror! My skin also improved.

The puff is thin and doesn't do much and turns ugly after awhile, so now I just use my own foam applicators.

I also moisten the applicator to apply the powder, which seems to work better for me.

Edit: Maybelline's products tend to run darker than they seem. Get a lighter shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2008 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Al_Pacino

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i just tried this. it was the perfect time for me to try this famous product when my local rite aid offered this as a BOGOF. so i got 2 of the 'sand' color. the compact isn't as huge as i thought it was, and yeah, the swivel mirror/sponge compartment on the bottom is weird. :( but i just tried it over my EL double wear(which is my liquid fdtn hg) to get rid of some shiny spots. works great! perfect color match too. great mattefier and doesn't look cakey or chalky. i don't use powders very often(i just started using compacts) and i think the 2 compacts will last me forever. by the way, i have oily and blemish free skin. i'm using this as a mattefier and not for coverage.
*UPDATE* have been using this for a week now, and my skin is absolutely gorgeous looking. paired with my estee lauder double wear my skin looks flawless.i wear the liquid fdtn and dust with NYC loose powder. then i touch up with this during the rest of the day. i think it's reached hg status! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2008 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Electrogirl

A lovely pressed powder for those of us suffering from oily skin. I prefer loose powder for finishing my makeup in the morning, but that's not exactly practical for touching up afternoon oilies, so I decided to try some Dream Matte. Blot first, then powder any areas that need some mattifying action (usually my nose and chin). Dream Matte doesn't make me look cakey, doesn't turn orange on my skin, and the lasting power is respectable for a pressed-powder touchup. The only real annoyance here is the chunky compact.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 7:20:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

After trying and hating the Dream Matte Mousse foundation I basically ran screaming from the rest of that Dream Matte line...until I saw the raves here for this pressed powder. It was on sale for half off at my grocery store so I grabbed it. I chose Fair 0, the lightest shade. I'm pinky and cool toned so the powder looked a bit yellow to me as opposed to the next shade up that looked pinker but I opted for Fair 0 anyway. Well when I used this I was pretty suprised. I applied a little liquid foundation and concealor under my eyes and used this to set my make up, the powder its self is so soft and finely milled. All I had to do was touch my big kabuki brush to the surface and I came away with more than enough powder for most of my face. It doesnt go on yellowy at all, it just set my make up really nicely. Its sheer and softening, sort of like good lighting...that just make your face look perfect. Granted I wear a GREAT foundation so that has a bit to do with it but I really reccomend this powder if you have a pretty good or HG foundation that needs a setting powder.I dont find the compact that bad or annoying, I never use the puff it comes with or the mirror for that matter so for me its been just fine. Pricewise its not as cheap and NYC Translucent but its still inexpensive and I prefer this to the NYC powder! I like this lots, may become a staple.