November 23, 2014 | 1135 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - BADgal Lash

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2008 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Lauren950

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is so good, I honestly do not understand anyone who can complain about it! I have very thin short lashes and it really works well to give volume and a dramatic look. I would buy this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2008 12:10:00 AM More reviews by elfe99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe that anyone would complain about this mascara; it's kinda perfect: volumizes, lengthens, no clumps, no flakes, and doesn't smear or rub off (a perenial problem for me). That said, I do wan't my lashes to look natural. So if you want something that looks like fals eyelashes, there maybe better choices.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2008 2:17:00 AM More reviews by PoliSci

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was happy with what this mascara promised: thickening and lengthening. I had no clumping or smudging. I would wear this all day and have no smudges at the end of the day. I liked that my eyelashes still looked fairly natural and not the "caked on" look. I find the price of this mascara a little expensive so I am going to try Clinique high impact and see if does the same thing. If not, I will be coming back to this mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2008 12:16:00 PM More reviews by tborukhova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow am I disappointed. I was at Sephora looking for a new soulmate mascara and I was totally set on getting Fiberwig (the magazines were raving about it), but the Makeup Expert Authority on staff said that apparently BadGal had received the #1 best mascara review/award from Allure and Sephora. I thought to myself, "hmm, this could certainly give the product an edge." I remember reading that Fiberwig gives you HUGE eyelashes (like, tranny huge), so I thought I'd play it safer and get the BadGal. Holy mediocrity. This mascara sucks. It has no redeeming qualities. It isn't completely horrible like some 1996 Cover Girl product, but it just doesn't work too well at all. No massive volume, no massive length, no color. Clumping and smudging haven't been completely painful, big issues, and sometimes I do get the desired look I want, but that's a rare occasion. Mostly, this product is sub-par and not worth the money. PS a friend of mine bought Fiberwig and told me it is absolutely horrible also. I think it might be a good mascara for women with thick black lashes (better for ethnic types maybe?). I'm a pretty pale blonde/redhead so I need something serious that will grab my lashes and make them NOT look miniscule. Shame on Sephora for pimping such a crappy product--both BadGal and Fiberwig, that is.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2008 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Kaysd99

This is one of the worst mascara's I have evert used. It doesn't do anything at all for my lashes! After an hour, it looks like I don't have any mascara on at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by missjasminnn

i love this mascara! it lengthens and adds volume to my eyelashes! it actually looks like i'm wearing faux lashes since my lashes are pretty small. the only cons about this mascara is that it smudges under my eyes and it sort of clumps that why i gave it a 4. but overall its great and i already bought my backup lol. but i am interested in trying diorshow...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2008 11:56:00 PM More reviews by aqualeah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I completely agree with Bee123.

Bee123 wrote:

"Personally I love this mascara and don't understand why so many people seem to hate it! It gives great volume with zero clumps. Plus I like how it's buildable so you can create a very subtle, natural look or go for something more dramatic. The best technique for using this mascara (and any other mascara for that matter) is to stroke it on in a "zig-zag" motion from roots to tips!"

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Glitched

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried to use other mascara's but keeping coming back to this one....I have long eyelashes as it is, so it makes them long, defined without looking too gloopy or cakey..the brush is a total plus & rare to find in other companies....love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by bee123

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2008 3:15:00 AM More reviews by KelseyCashman

I love benefit products as they're all packaged so cutely. So when it was time to purchase a new mascara, naturally I chose to go for Benefit's Bad Gal Lash.
The big brush attracted me at first as it looked unique and I figured as the brush was huge, it would cover every lash with volume. It's not a horrible mascara...but definitely not good. It's fine at first, it does add a little volume but no length. The reason I'm giving this mascara such a low rating is due to all the SMUDGING. About an hour after application, if you look in the mirror, you'll have dark black smudges under your eyes. It looked like I had applied a thick uneven line of eyeliner below my lower lash line. It was horrible. I tried to fix it by applying concealer over it (whenever I was out and couldn't redo my make up) cos it was really expensive and I didn't want to waste it but eventually I just got fed up and binned it.
I'd never purchase this again. ever.