April 21, 2014 | 1336 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by bebemonte

This is my new favorite foundation!
I used to think that Laura Mercier Oil free foundation was the best (great coverage, matte, long-lasting) but I think this is even better! Zapped the oil slicks and did not accentuate the flaky dry spots -- GENIUS!
The only makeup ever I didn't have to apply powder on top of -- covers beautifully and stays on for hours.
Sand was a perfect match for my NC25 skin.
Highly recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by paigeturner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

oh. i wanted to love this product so much; i scoured the pages and pages of these reviews and finally convinced myself that i needed a 14th foundation to add to my collection.
big mistake, huge.

first off, the colour match is a little too pink for me but that i can deal with (kinda). the bottle looks quite old fashioned, but classy (ill give them that) and DOES NOT COME WITH A PUMP. so irritating and unhygenic; particularly annoying as the consistency of the foundation is more runny that colourstay, for example, so it swooshes out!
admittedly, it looks great when i put it on intially; good coverage and a fairly matte finish, but after a couple of hours, it had settled "on top" of my skin, if you know what i mean. it looked terrible and cakey and patchy and REPULSIVE.
ive never had a foundation look so bad; i wore it to an eight hour shift and was so embarrased when i looked in the mirror on my break; i looked a mess!

i wanted to love this, but couldn't. will definately not repurchase, especially at around 26; im so peeved im now stuck with a useless bottle of expensive foundation (im so jealous of you americans and wonderful returns policy!)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by knightranch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Dang! I so wanted to love this and only purchased after scrutinizing the MUA reviews. I selected the shade Fresco which was a pretty good match - I'm fair-med and cool. It does have tons of coverage and a matte finish, but by days end looked masklike and heavy on me even though I had applied with a light hand. I used a foundation brush to apply and would have experimented with other application methods, but it caused a breakout (I keep hoping my temperamental skin will become more tolerable), so I am returning it. It did not work for me, but it's a fave of many MUAers, so give it a try and see if it works for you! I'm giving it a 3 for matte coverage and staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by jennixo

I have only been using this foundatoin for a week now and i love it!! It has the perfect coverage and works great on my combination skin.
The colour i picked online when i ordered it off the website- it matches my skin okay.. but i think a slightly lighter shade would of been much better.
I use it for my going out makeup as its quite thick in my opinion for every day use. But if my skin is having a bad day i do mix a bit in with my tinted moistruiser. Overall i love this product - its quite expensive however, but if it works the price doesn't really matter!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by damiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is horrible, unless you have super oily skin I suggest you stay away from this product. It's very drying and it gives the skin a chalky, cakey appearence. The coverage was okay, but the color range was horrible. I don't think it's worth the money, I would actually say drug store foundations do a better job than what this product does.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Lelly9696

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this foundation for a long time and it never disappoints. It matches my skin tone perfectly and lasts the whole day. Only problem is that when it's in the summer it feels really heavy and looks a bit cakey but other than that it's a perfect liquid foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 7:44:00 AM More reviews by perfumenut

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First - I wish this had a pump (I just prefer pumps - so much easier than trying to "pour" the right amount). But, I do LOVE this foundation...my skin appears even and it's full coverage but doesn't feel heavy (provided you don't over apply). Covers my freckles.

My advice though is to make sure your face is well moisturized and then apply a small amount and spread QUICKLY. If your face is dry and patchy or if you take too long to spread, it will look horrible.

My ultimate foundation test is to see how much transfers to my cell phone - LOL - and with EL's DW - nada! Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by looweehse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have spent years searching for my HG foundation, and I think this is as close as I'll ever come.
I use the sahde 1C1 Shell, for reference I am NW10/15 in MAC. The colour match is perfect in summer, but about a shade too dark in winter, so I lighten it with a tiny amount of Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation in 105, a pink toned white.

It is medium coverage, not full. It won't cover very obvious acne or pigmented scars, you will need a concealer for that, but it certaintly covers most skin discolouration. It looks virtually undetectable on the skin when applied correctly. As it dries very quickly using a regular foundation brush (like the MAC 190) won't blend it well enough before it sets, so it'll look mask-like. I prefer to stipple or buff it in with my Illamasqua highlighter brush (similar to the MAC 109), or my MAC 187 and it looks flawless. It is best to apply light layers at first and build up, until you know how much exactly you'll need.

It sets matte, and so is best for oily skin or people who prefer matte finish. Without powder it will stay matte on my very oily skin for a few hours, but I always powder anyway.
I have very sensitive acne-prone skin, and this hasn't caused me any breakouts.

The only downside to this product in my opinion, is the bottle lacks a pump. So I have to scoop a little out on a cotton bud and put on the back of my hand. This means it is more difficult to travel with, it's more fiddily to apply, I end up wasting some product each time and it's difficult to regulate how much product you use each time.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by dramsicle

This was a bit too heavy for my oily skin. I am a NC 25 and the color that was picked out for me by the MUA was darker than my skin tone. It looked orange after a while as well, so I had to return the bottle. The texture and coverage were decent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 9:04:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am NC20 and have this in Ecru. I have tried a lot of different foundations in my day, and am really liking this.
I like the coverage, and the color for me.

The price is a little high, but not high as some, I know. Nonetheless, is the most I've ever spent on foundation.

I wish this had a pump for the top...maybe there is one that would fit that I do not know about.

There isn't much of a smell to this product.

It gives you a nice, dewy, yet covered finish. I put a little finishing powder on my t-zone and I'm good to go.

This does set pretty quickly - so be sure to work it in, fast! I use the ELF Powder brush (the flat one - see my review for that as well!), and have to swirl things around pretty quickly to get an even base.