BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

1941 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 4/7/2013 6:25:00 PM

I'm Korean & naturally have really short eyelashes and I'm always willing to spend a little extra for mascara, but this was a huge disappointment. It coats & barely curls but there's no length or volume. Before this I tried Sephora's Full Action Extreme Effect Mascara and I will be going back to it.

on 4/7/2013 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like this mascara! I don't know if I have a "HG" mascara yet. I like that I can comb through my lashes to separate and it's buildable. I think its a pretty good formula, not too wet. I absolutely hate getting mascara in my eyes. I also love that it stays on all day. Seriously lasts for at least 12 hours. Only good things to say on this one.

Pros:
The BRUSH!
very black
doesn't flake or smudge
adds length, volume and curl
works almost like waterproof

Cons:
Price

on 4/7/2013 12:24:00 PM

Got this as a free birthday gift at Sephora....to me, this is as nasty as it comes....made my lashes spiky, hard, didn't lengthen that much, or thicken, and played hell trying to get it off, even with oil cleanser! Prefer Buxom and Tarte Lights camera lashes a lot more!

on 4/6/2013 11:30:00 PM

Love love this mascara. It gives my lashes great length and volume without clumping. I'm not sure if it's the formulation of the mascara, the brush or a combo of both, but it's just pure awesome. I've tried to go back to drugstore mascaras but haven't had much luck, so until then, I'm sticking with this baby.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

After soo much hype I decided to give this mascara a try,I didn't exactly expect this mascara to work miracles but it really did disappoint! The formula is extremely claggy and drying on lashes and made my already naturally curly lashes pin straight! Although the spoolie applicator really did impress me as it actually did manage to coat every single lash! All in all lovely packaging but just rubbish formula!!

PROS:
-awesome brush, the end helps you get right to the root and all the corner lashes
-very black
-makes lashes (mine, anyway) HUGE..long, voluminous, thick
-coats layer on top of each other very nicely

CONS:
-it smudges right under my eyebrow where my lashes hit my brow bone
-I don't believe they have a waterproof formula...this formula is very hard to get off when I want to remove it, however, it smudges off my upper lashes during the day
-doesn't hold a curl particularly great, however, it isn't so heavy that it droops the lashes down. I'd say it's average at holding a curl.

Overall I really like this mascara! I've already repurchased. The price is quite high but nothing outrageous compared to others at Sephora.

on 4/4/2013 12:56:00 PM

I got the mini version of this as a sephora birthday gift.

the brush is very nice. I love the rounded tip that I can use for my outer and inner corners.

however, this clumps my lashes. it IS very wet, which I usually don't have a problem with, but it coats my lashes to a point where it's just too heavy. Once it dries, my lashes become so hard, I imagine I could rake leaves with them.

staying power is good. the overall look and finish is not.

TIP: if you have a mascara that you feel is too wet, dust setting powder on your lashes prior to application. It will help the wetness while applying :)

on 4/4/2013 9:37:00 AM

At first I liked this mascara, and then on days when I wanted longer/thicker eyelashes I noticed it would become horribly clumpy and look awful. I retried again, and again, and again. Still nothing. This mascara is great if you want a so so everyday lash look, but far too expensive to be clumping up the way it did! Would not repurchase.

on 4/4/2013 6:50:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I received a sample of this from Sephora on my birthday and it's been my favorite mascara so far (given that I haven't tried a lot). I love how this seperates my lashes instead of clumping them up like the Lancome ones do, but I find that it doesn't hold up my curl very well. I haven't found one that does though, I have naturally poker straight lashes :( Will repurchase unless I come across a better one.

on 4/4/2013 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I am personally a mascara junkie. Anything new that comes out, I want to try. I use a different one on the top than the bottom because I've only used two that don't really smudge (depends on the day). I personally have very long lashes and probably average thickness and a natural curl, so I'm looking for more help with thickness.

I got this as a recommendation from a worker at Sephora as I was asking for something less clumpy and separates my lashes apart more, and this really didn't do that for me. I feel like it's not very clumpy, but just enough that it's bothersome. I'll get a decent sized one on each eye sometimes. It helps my natural curl a lot, people will ask me what eyelash curler I use and I have to tell them I don't, lol. If I want multiple layers, I have to do it while it's still wet or my lashes will clump together and even then they don't really separate.

I do have to give kudos a lot to the brush itself, which I really love and wonder if I would love this mascara if it had a different formula. I love how much it can coat my lashes with one swipe, which I'm a one-swiper type of gal, I really don't like to hassle with more. I am a HUGE fan of the end with all the little spikes that can get into the corners and I REALLLY wish some other mascaras would do the same (namely the CoverGirl LashBlast Fusion- the only one that doesn't smudge on my lower lashes, GRR)

I am kind of confused because I feel like this is a waterproof one, but it's not, because it's so hard to get off my lashes and if I accidentally brush on my eyelid or something, I can't smudge it or get it off or anything. That being, there is a lasting power on my oily lids/lashes.

I would purchase again, but definitely not in my first choice category. I don't think I ever will again, but it's not like I'd be horrified to again.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products