September 3, 2014 | 1006 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

This mascara is awesome. It will make your lashes look fake! I get asked all the time if I have falsies on when I wear this..the only downfall is getting it off at night! I have to use TWO cotton balls on each eye with coconut oil, AND a makeup wipe!!

Be gentle when taking this product off!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Do8666

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It doesn't make me look like I have false lashes on, but it certainly adds length! I find it to be pretty similar to Maybelline's illegal length fiber extensions - minus the flaking. However, if you curl your lashes first, before using either mascara, you can clearly see that "They're real" gives you much better results. It's kind of pricey, but in my opinion it's worth it because it actually lasts longer than most mascara's - the tube holds a lot of product. This is currently my HG mascara, and also, the first and only mascara I am happy with wearing without layering another mascara over it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Remykat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I'd been on the hunt for a good mascara for a while. Every brand I've had failed this summer and just slid right off halfway through the workday. I bought this because the SA said it would not flake or run, but I could still wash it off ( water resistant). I've gotten great results with it, but the clincher was this week. Stressful 11-hour work days, 99 degrees (in October, I know), and had to put our beloved pet to sleep. I cried and sweat buckets, and They're Real did NOT budge. Very grateful I have one less thing to worry about.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

By far the best non-waterproof mascara on the market. My HG is Maybelline the Falsies Flared. It gives beautiful volume and curl to my stick straight lashes. I bought They're Real after hearing so many glowing reviews and I am pretty thrilled with it. I love the coy name. The spiky plastic wand took some getting used to, but the little ball on the end really gets all your lashes coated. I have never had a mascara that could get the outermost lashes super defined for that super sultry look, where your lashes kind of mirror a cat eye. They're Real definitely does that. The brush has amazing separating power and the formula is extremely rich and dark. Once it dries, this mascara does not impart a crunchy feeling; the lashes are still flexible. I took one lippie off because this mascara does not hold the curl that I work really hard to achieve. I like to use it in conjunction with my HG for a long, voluminous, dramatic effect. The price is a little high compared to the $6 I pay for the Falsies but it is worth it. Lovely product!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by sophiaharris

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The Benefit They're Real mascara is everything that one looks for in a mascara. It separates each and every lash whilst adding volume and length. The color is very black and the consistency is great,not too clumpy,thick or oily. This mascara is EXTREMELY waterproof and does not flake,smudge or melt at all. Definitely one of the best mascaras I have ever used,I get asked all the time if I am wearing falsies when I use it. Although it is expensive it is so worth the money.I would buy it again in a heartbeat!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Lubss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best mascara I ever used. Too bad is so expensive here in Brazil. I always have to look for it when I travel.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by twocents

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this mascara. My lashes are pretty long to begin with, but sometimes mascara actually makes them look shorter - I know that doesn't make sense, but it happens. I like how it doesn't clump and stays put all day (and my skin is oily with a capital O!).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I give this mascara a solid 3 lippies. It's not the worst or best out there. It casually floats along in the sea of a million mediocre mascaras that are out on the market. A mascara that doesn't allow mulitple coats and demands attention and patience is not a mascara for me. The brush claims to be a hot innovative concept with thin tiny plastic spikes all around and a tiny spiked ball on the tip. Hmmm, I'm pretty savy with makeup and even I found this brush to be foolish. For one, the barrel of the brush rakes my lashes and pulls them making them itchy and uncomfortable, almost like a torture device. The ball basically just pushes my lashes to the window then to the wall.......leaving gaps in the fringe. The formula is wet wet wet! Impossible to layer for more volume due to the formula being extremely wet. This mascara is a 2 coat max and anything more will cause great tragedy making lashes all clump together on each side resembling a vulcan salute. But, with two quick coats, I was able to achieve soft natural dark lashes that stayed pretty all day. Another problem though is this mascara tends to smudge on my lower lashes when my face is oily. For the price, I would skip this ho-hum mascara.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by cheriebeary73

I have been researching tons and buying several kinds of mascara trying to find that HG one. So for in drugstore brands, to me L'oreal takes the prize for best. But, I still wanted a nicer quality one, and narrowed down to Benefit or Buxom. Went to Ulta, and since they no longer sell Buxom (Sephora exclusive now), I bought this one. Got the deal with 2 that is same price for one! Let me tell you, I LOVE this mascara. This mascara made my lashes look better then ever. I only put on one coat. I was a bit worried when it was time to wash my face and take off for night. I had zero problems taking off this mascara. I even got my eye makeup remover all ready, and didn't really need it! Mine came off with my L'oreal youth code cleanser. I am wondering if it's because I coated my lashes with Lancome Cils Booster XL before applying the mascara? One thing to mention too, is this mascara passed the onion test.(lol) I was cutting onions, and I am super sensitive to them and my eyes were burning and tearing bad, I had to keep blotting my eye with tissue to point I thought I was going to see racoon eyes, but there was nothing! This mascara is definatley a keeper for my makeup collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by HaulOfFame

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This has been my HG mascara for a while now. While the price leans more towards the middle/high point, I do seem to get a solid two months out of this before it begins to dry out. This mascara gives me both fantastic length and volume, and it's a super rich black. I adore the brush as it lets me get all of the smaller lashes in the inner corners of my eyes. I don't get flakes, it doesn't smudge (oily eyelids here) and it is easy to remove. I find that I get fantastic results with just one coat as well. I keep trying other mascaras but always come back to this one.