August 2, 2014 | 993 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by nicolalucie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had really high hopes for this mascara and was sadly a little let down by the performance. The packaging is lovely but the price is a little steep. I like the brush- I find it separates the lashes nicely and the consistency of the formula isn't too wet. However, it didn't give any added volume that a drugstore brand mascara couldn't give me and it also didn't hold much of a curl, my lashes were drooping shortly after application. Nice mascara, but for the price I can find something similar (and cheaper) at the drugstore.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by cahall2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This one just didn't work for me. I have quite long lashes, but they are fine and blond, so I have to have mascara or my eyes just disappear. This mascara caused the worst spider lashes I have ever had. It didn't matter how many ways I tried applying it - thin coats, combing through thoroughly after, etc. etc. I shouldn't have to work this hard with a mascara that costs this much, when I have DS brands that apply like a dream for 1/3 the cost. Maybe this would work if you were going for a look with full-on, messy spidery lashes (like Courtney Love during the Hole days) but otherwise, no.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 7:49:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara; it lengthens, has good staying power, and doesn't flake or clump. However, for the price I was expecting something amazing that would look like false lashes and I just wasn't that impressed. I tend to like drugstore mascaras more than most of these high-end brands. Sorry BeneFit!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

For me, this is remarkable. It gives me LOOONG, defined, CURLED lashes that last and last. It doesn't look "natural" because it's such a pitch black, but it looks better than most false eyelashes I've ever attempted to torture myself with. For the most part, this is "the" black mascara I've been dreaming of my whole life. (I tend to prefer auburn mascara most of the time, because black is very bold with my eyes and hair). My only problem with it is that the brush is rather sharp and prickly. I have almond-shaped, heavy-lidded eyes, with stubby straight lashes, so perhaps it's not as rough on rounder eyes with naturally long lashes. I have to get really close to my lids to make any contact with my lashes, so I keep poking myself with the bristles. I tried using a different brush for application, but, I didn't get the same effect. Apparently the brush is a huge part of the "secret" of the performance of this mascara. This brush is fabulous for curl and definition, and it defines bottom lashes better than anything else I have seen. Two coats on top lashes and one coat on bottom create a "false" eyelashes look, mostly because of the outstanding curl. This holds defined curls like waterproof mascara! Thankfully, size-wise this brush isn't anything like its Bad sister's brush, (which is like 3/4 as long as my whole face and wider than my nose.) They're Real's brush is the length of an "average" eye. I love that I do not need primer with this, at all. Even though it's costlier than my usual mascara brands, it winds up being a bargain, because I don't have to buy primer anymore. I use Philosophy Purity cleanser to remove this mascara, and it dissolves and rinses off with ease.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by appletiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

The most expensive mascara I have ever owned in my entire life! And I LOVE IT. It makes me look as though I have falsies on arrrggghhhhh love love love so much love!

Not loving the price though :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Bryz30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Expensive as this mascara is, I can't live without it. I love it for its staying power, and the fact that with enough applications your lashes can look like falsies. I get the best effect using over another mascara (maybellines lash stilleto). I really hate the brush though, it can hurt to apply (but it works!) So far this is my favorite mascara in my quest to find a do it all product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely my HG. When it comes to mascara, I've tried most of everything and have never been totally happy. I was happiest with the Loreal Voluminous up until I tried Benefits They're Real. I was in love with the first application and after using it for the last 6 months, I'm just as happy as the first time I tried it out. It really does make my lashes look like I have applied fake lashes. The brush is excellent at getting those hard to reach lashes in the corners. Also, my eyes are super sensitive and water with most mascaras but this one they don't react to! It also lasts a long time - through all day, then partying at night, and those occasional nights you crash out with it still on, it looks just as good in the morning (even with a hangover)! I am never switching from this mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by ichbinanne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great mascara, but way too expensive. You can buy Maybelline's Falsies Flared for a better effect and cheaper price. I just prefer this one because I'm alergic to Falsies Flared

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2012 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Brithatsme43

It made my lashes so hard and almost crispy- and its very clumpy. I'd rather stick with my drugstore mascara :D

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2012 3:44:00 AM More reviews by elainegel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this from Boots in the Uk for 9 on a whim, then read on MakeUpAlley that it was hit and miss! I was so upset I'd spent cash on it but vowed to give it a good shot.

I like far brushes that give volume and oomph, rather than segregating each lash.

I love this product.

Pros:
Excellent brush
Mini tube
Lasts a while as 2 applications is all you need
Gets in the corners

Cons
Hard to remove - I wipe for about 2 mins with a wipe!
Can feel brittle on lashes
Can only apply 2 coats quickly before it dries.

Overall - an 8/10

I'll still look for a perfect mascara, but don't regret buying and if I hadn't found and alternative by run out time, i'll get it again.