BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have a serious love-hate relationship with this mascara. I still kick myself for spending $22 on a mascara that I hardly reach for, but I try my best to work with it. Sometimes it adds just the right amount of volume and length, and other times I feel like my lashes look clumpy. The worse part is taking it off. I swear I use an eye makeup remover and then makeup remover wipes to get the mascara off, and sometimes even after I wash my face with my cleanser that is know for removing makeup very well, I still have remnants of the mascara around my eyes. I'm starting to get more into Benefit Cosmetics, as it is quickly turning into one of my favorite high-end brands, but I can't get with this mascara. It costs too much to sometimes be nice and other times be unflattering. This was my first time trying a pricey mascara, but because of the inconsistencies, I'll be sticking to my favorite drugstore brands.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Great lengthening however not very voluminous. Good staying power, did not flake. Love the brush with the rounded end, great for defining the lashes. Very black but not as black as others I've used. Looked better when I used my Dior lash primer but really looking for that one HG mascara that volumizes and lengthens, this is not it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't like this for the simple fact that it smudged and didn't add appreciable volume. I prefer Lancome Hypnose drama and Loreal Voluminous original.

Loved this- after I figured out you have to use another mascara as a "primer." I use a run-of-the-mill Cover Girl mascara first, then when it dries, I apply this to my lash ends. Wow....the difference is remarkable. Adds lots of length and doesn't give me raccoon eyes.

Can i just say that i LOVE this mascara! I bought the miniature one for $10 and i love it! My lashes are already pretty long and kinda thick, but this gives my lashes that BAM POW factor! My lashes look fantastic! I can honestly say this is the best mascara i have ever had!

I am so glad I got a free sample of this from Sephora, I would hate to have spent one cent on this! I have tried both of the Benefit mascaras, & I honestly can't understand the hype about them. The wand on this comes off as gimmicky. In fact, I always blot the end of my mascara wands on a paper towel, to prevent the little globs of product at the end of the wand from ending up in teh wrong spot on my face. Blotting this wand is pointless! I still end up with clumps & stray dots on my face. To be fair, this mascara isn't the worst (Maybelline Illegal lengths w/fibers is!), but it is below average. I am wearing this sample for around the house, because free mascara, but I can't ever see myself buying this. I did have slightly better results applying this on day two, with no help from the directions. Wiggling this from the base is asking for clumping, because the spikes at the end point straight out sideways. I had to lightly apply this from root to tip, avoiding the spikes, then go vertical & use the spikes up & down to get any length. I would actually hold the wand straight up & down, not pointy end at the lash, if you want to get decent results with those spikes.

I have no idea why some people are saying this mascara dries hard--far from it. My FAVORITE thing about this beauty is that it looks fresh all day! I never seen that from a mascara, ten hours after, it looks like I just applied. The curl doesn't fall, my lashes don't flake or look crusty. It does a pretty nice job. It gives your lashes a flared, natural effect, not too dramatic, unless you have amazing lashes, but very flirty. I would buy this over for the simple fact that it looks fresh all day. Also, I have no problems with clumping, the standard two coats should be fine, more than that, you're bound to run into problems with any mascara. Try it for yourself!

Pros:
*Makes your lashes very long
*Very black
*Lasts very long

Cons:
*Clumps easily
*Hard to get off
*Makes your lashes super hard once it dries.

Overall I think it's good if you can put it on slowly and really don't want to put on falsies. I'll buy the sample size again once I run out for special occasions but I don't think it would work very well every day because of how easily it clumps if you aren't careful.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Let me start off by saying i own a few products by Benefit, and i can honestly say they are one of my absolute favorite high end brands. That being said, i was very disappointed in this mascara. When this first came out, i was kinda taken back by the brush. it looked actually painful! I also am a big fan of drugstore mascaras since you need to constantly replace them. But a few months back, i saw a mascara routine by a girl on youtube with the same kind of eyelashes as me (extremely long, average thickness) except hers were a little more curly. Mine are stick-straight(thanks, mom). I watched her apply the mascara, and her lashes looked fantastic! Very much like falsies(: So, i was convinced that i needed this mascara. Except for me being the average then-15 year old girl, with no job, i cant shell out the twenty-something bucks for a mascara so i decided to wait for my complementary birthday gift from being a Sephora Beauty Insider. I got mine last week. I took it straight home, and tried it out. First curling my lashes like normal, and then when i applied the mascara, it immediately clumped. SO BADLY. It was literally like i had 5 very thick lashes, and since the formula is so wet, the curl COMPLETELY fell out. i tried to use the end to 'lift' my lashes again, but they just clumped even more. SUPER disappointed, and i am just glad i got this for free. I wanted to like the mascara so badly. This was given to my mother. Sorry Benefit :( :( :(

hated how clumpy it was. I have really long thick eye lashes and like to use a mascara so they stand out. I absolutely hate this. I like the cover girl 24hr in the blue tube or lancome mascara, or the classic hot pink tube. This mascara was like I'd imagination a dollar store mascara to be.

Popular Mascaras