October 22, 2014 | 1040 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Troysy

I found this mascara to be like glue. When you finally dab off all the excess stringy stuff from the wand, it does give a good lengthened and volumised look. Could not use on bottom lashes unless I wanted the Ozzy Osbourne look.

Why is it so sticky? For this price Chanel's Inimitable is a far, far better buy. Also no information on the product to say if it contains fibres. I hate fibre mascaras.

Not that hard to get off, compared to say Kanebo 38 degree. Just let eye makeup remover sit on for a while.

A very genuine black black.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by sweetpea1008

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It works okay, but it's no better than a drugstore mascara. My biggest complaint is that with these types of brushes, it hurts to apply! It scratches my inner eyelid and I don't like that feeling. Applying makeup shouldn't hurt or irritate your eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

Mascara is one of those beauty products that people either love or hate..just like fragrance. So, it's really hard to judge if you'll like it based on reviews. However, I'm going to throw my 2 cents into the bucket anyways.
PROS: This makes my eyelashes very long and dark. I can use this on upper/lower lashes and there is no smudging.
CONS: It can be a bear to remove. I use Vaseline (I don't buy into the hype of the evils of Vaseline, it works for me..use what works for you.) It's expensive, I hate spending $23 on a mascara..even if it is awesome.
The wand is unique, it has a little ball on the end that works really well at getting those smaller eyelashes coated and working additional mascara on the outer edge of your lashes. Also, the formula is kind of wet...this means that it easily coats your lashes, but it can clump if you aren't careful. It also didn't hold my curl...which is the kiss of death for a mascara for me.
In the end I'd recommend getting the trial size and giving it a go before you commit to a full tube. Ulta sometimes carries them, so you can try it before you buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by katherinepierce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have very long, thick, curled lashes so I maybe I'm not the best person to review this product since any mascara will do the trick for me. However I liked this one much more than my previous mascaras. I think it gives a good separation and above all it makes my lashes more thick. Other mascaras made my lashes longer but I still happy with They're Real.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Received this in one of my Topboxes... I've heard a lot about it so was excited to try it. Unfortunately it's just way too clumpy & also really hard to remove. Just not worth the trouble for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product, but unfortunately it began to irritate my eyes so bad I bought eye drops and threw it away. As for the product itself, aside from that I think its a great mascara. The formula is a tiny bit wet but not too bad. The brush is long, so it takes a careful hand to not get product on the lids. It really does give the impression of magnified, natural-looking lashes. As natural as mascara can look. It doesn't curl that much, so if you give your lashes a curl and apply it's fantastic. The look isn't too dramatic for daytime either. However, I don't have any known allergies, and no other product has made my eyes burn the way this one did. I haven't heard that complaint from many other people so its worth a shot. Without that factor, I'd still be buying it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by sequoiarose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I heard great reviews about this product so I decided to try it. I had only tried one other mascara from Benefit before and I wasn't impressed, but this one seemed to have potentially. I bought the sample size, $26 is too much for something I might not like. Anyways, the first time I used it it clumped up my lashes so much. I didnt get any length, volume, or curl. Maybe its just because I have small lashes, but it just made them look even smaller and made it seem like I had fewer. That night when i was washing off my makeup it wouldnt come off! They really should put a water proof label on it or something! I personally hate water proof mascara. I decided to keep trying it, hoping it would get easier to apply and it would go on better. it never did. Maybe it's just because i have short lashes and hate water proof mascara, but I did not like it at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by rasburyberet

I am on my 2nd tube of this mascara... I love it! I have ok lashes, and this mascara takes them to a whole new level..I get compliments ever time I use it....wish it came in other colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by veesunshine

I got a sample of this mascara from those pay 10$ a month companies to get 5 samples. I really like this mascara!! But honestly, it is quite pricey.
PROS: stays curled all day! amazing staying power. lengthens my thin, straight, Asian lashes.
CONS: quite hard to take off (mentioned multiple times in previous reviews), quite expensive, can get clumpy (if you put too many coats)
If I had the dough to afford this mascara, I totally would buy it again!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by mkdunn83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Urgh. I can't believe I spent my hard earned cash on this mascara. Totally disappointed in this product. The formula is way too wet and "gel like" and leaves my lashes looking like a clumpy, spidery mess. It was extremely difficult to remove, even with an oil-based eye makeup remover. I won't be buying this product again.