October 31, 2014 | 1022 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by purpleshoes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product was nice, but I found it a bit oily and heavy feeling, no matter how I applied it. That would have been fine with some powder if the shade hadn't been wrong. I got 115, and it was way too dark and orange, but it was the lightest shade that I could find at any of my local stores. Some of the stores I went to only had 120 and up, and I couldn't find 110 anywhere. So, I don't know. I might have liked this more if it weren't so impossible to find the right color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product worked for me at first but I gradually started to dislike it as I kept using it. I use the shade 110. First I tried 115, but it was way too orange and dark on me.
I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin that gets random dry patches between my eyebrows and under my nose. Unfortunately. ANYWAYS! When I use this it seems to settle into those areas making them extremely obvious. I really like the idea of allowing my freckles show through my foundation because I love them and I don't want them to be covered, but I don't want my dry patches and blemishes to be highlighted in the process! I also noticed that it starts to get extremely slippery on certain days. It starts sliding around my face and it just feels like I spread olive oil all over my face! Ugh, on the hunt for a better one... as always.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by cocosea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation!! I wear 135 and it fits my natural skin tone PERFECTLY! It's very lightweight like it promises, but the coverage is very good! This foundation lasts all day for me, and blends on the skin so nicely (i prefer using a sponge with this product). The price is very affordable, but I do have to say I dislike glass bottles so much!! :) Definitely worth repurchasing, and convinced to me try out the other Fit products!! :) Hope this helps!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by TheMrsPacheco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For a foundation that's relatively cheap and sheer, this isn't bad. However, for those of us who have skin more on the oily side, this is probably not so good for you. I liked the color match to my skin.

Wish it came with a pump!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by kaaaching

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

pros----->
*excellent colour selection
*cheap
*light weight
*last for a good amount of time (5 hours)
*melts into skin

cons----->
*sticky finish
*transfers with oily skin
*smears on oily skin
*no pump

additional oppinions---->
*comparable to a tinted moisturizer (light to medium coverage)
*for all skin types
*has silicone
*dewy finish (no shimmer)
*liquidy consistancy

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by giasabine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have acne-prone combination skin with some fine wrinkles, dark rings under my eyes, and and brown spots.
Before I bought this foundation, I read the reviews and used the shade finder on the Maybelline website, since I really wasn't sure, if it would work for me - but then I thought, $7 is not a great loss. It recommended 110 for me - their lightest shade. I was really skeptical, because the light shades are almost indistinguishable online.
When I first applied it, it looked too light, but after a couple minutes it looked just right - indoors and outdoors. The coverage is kind of sheer, but not too sheer. It evened out my skin tone. The concealer matched very well on my under-eye area, but not when I used it on a small spot on my shoulder. Strangely enough, it turned orange?!?
I did not buy the powder to go with it, but used a good one from another line that has worked well for me so far. A few hours later, my forehead was pretty shiny and I needed to touch up. I am not convinced that their powder would have done a better job. The foundation and concealer did settle some in my fine lines under my eyes, but that may have been due to the moisturizer I used. A quick swipe with the pinky and it looked fine.
So all in all, it is not a bad foundation, but not a great foundation. The only thing that stumped me was their blush recommendation to go with 110 - Light Pink! Really?? I don't think so.
Would I buy it again? Maybe - since I am often hard to match. I marked no, since maybe is not an option. The color match is pretty good and it is cheap and this will work, when I don't have acne flare-ups. But as so many of us, I will keep looking for my Holy Grail.
My skin tone is very fair, with some beige and yellow/golden undertones. EDM 50/50 mix Sandy Fair/Fairly Light. Meow Inquisitive Siamese or Korat in PP. BE 50/50 mix Fair/Fairly Light was too dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by mcgrath_987

In general, given the price I was very pleased with this foundation. I found it easy to apply (used only my fingertips the first time) and it didn't cake or settle into lines like the other foundations I tried. It did not make my skin oily either.

Unfortunately I bought a shade darker by mistake (220 instead of 210), but it's still usable for my light yellowish skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by marinalovesmac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation when I had saw all the ads in the magazines, & it was only sale for only $4.50, I had to try it. The sleek packaging really made me want to buy it over the Revlon Colorstay. I picked the shade 120 (picked it perfectly!). I applied it with a cosmetic wedge. At first when I applied it, I was amazed at the coverage and how dewy & glowy it made my face look. But 2 hours later when I looked in the mirror, my face was splotchy and a lot of my foundation had come off. I had even set it with MSFN that morning. This foundation doesn't ever really set.
I tried for a week but I never got the results I wanted. Nice at first, good coverage, but doesn't last.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by albs

I thought I'd really like this but unfortunately that was not the case. I like the idea of a foundation that allows your skin to show through but honestly I may as well have been wearing nothing at all. It does make your skin look fresh and dewy at first but by noon (I apply my makeup at 7 AM) it's sliding all over the place and my face looks very shiny. I've tried it with a primer and I set it with powder but there is little/no improvement. Good concept, poor execution. And those commercials! Ugh.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by hotpinknike

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Color matching is good, but goes on DRY and cakey. Returned it.