July 30, 2014 | 2005 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by mzthisnthat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. I have this in Gobi (Dillards, Sephora didn't have it) and it is a perfect match, tones down the pink tones in my skin and actually matches my skin tone. I use this over Korres primer and it stays all day and really does give you glowing skin. On my fair skin Gobi and NARS Vanilla concealer work wonders. Hello, NARS, how 'bout a pump for this foundation?! Edit 12/20/2009: Still loving this foundation, especially when dotted on and buffed in with my ED flat-top kabuki, flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Bartley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Long review : click continue for comments on the brightening effect!!!

I bought this in the shade Mont Blanc...it is perhaps half or one shade too dark for my nw15/n1 skin, but it is such a beautiful warm pink shade that as long as I blend it well through the jawline it works and makes my skin such a pretty shade.

Okay, this is the most expensive make-up item i've ever bought, but it's my opinion that without a good foundation, the rest of your make-up is a waste. So I splurged on this.

This. Is. Beautiful. On first application the texture is smooth, light, blends like a dream - mine arrived in the post a few minutes before I put my make-up on for the day, so I quickly applied it using my fingers (which I never do for foundation) but it applied beautifully, seamlessly. For me, the glow is definitely there, in a non-shimmery, non-glittery way. I was tilting my head back and forth in the mirror to try and se where the shimmer particles sat, but couldn't find them. My skin looked radient. And, unlike some foundations i've tried, this actually set on it's own and became transfer proof quickly after i stopped blending.This lasted for four hours *without powder* before it began to rub slightly from my nose (where i get slightly oily), but I am sure with powder it would last longer, as it was my oil and not the foundation itself that wore it away. It came off easily with my Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser.

THE BRIGHTENING EFFECT : I noticed this after *the first use*. It sounds crazy - liquid foundation normally breaks me out - but this! The next morning after changing nothing in my skincare routine, my skin did seem brighter, lighter. It makes sense because the product has so much slip to it that it could easily have a serum inside.

This is beautiful, and my HG after trying tens of foundation. Thank you Nars!!!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by mistymountainhop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Having combination skin,i find it ridiculously HARD to find a foundation that's right for me, either it's too dewy which leaves my t-zone with a shiny surface or just too dry where my nose gets especially flaky . With nars, i found the price to be rather expensive and i didn't see any subtle "glow" which the product claims to give. The one thing i did like however is, the colour tone. it wasn't too dark neither too light, but generally speaking it dried out my skin which i wasn't a fan of.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2009 3:37:00 AM More reviews by shaleelo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is an awesome foundation, been using this for about a month now, and so far its been incredible! covers like a miracle, its sooo thin too!!

the effect, with what ever brush i use it with is flawless! i am not going to change my foundation ever again!

oh, there is actually a safety cap on this, like the one in matte, its just really tight and stuck to the lid

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by muddysheep

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Finally - my HG foundation. I can't describe how happy I am to have discovered this. I have that translucent skin that seems to make most foundations (including NARS balanced and oilfree) look fake and heavy. I've tried just about every foundation on the market, but always end up reverting to my standby of just concealer and powder which, on my 36 year old skin and in the English winter, just wasn't cutting it any more. So I can give no better recommendation than to say that I have worn this day and evening, every day since I bought it a few weeks ago. It gives enough coverage to even out my complexion, but is sheer enough not to look opaque and mask like. Best of all though is that it really does give a the 'glow', as advertised: I look a bit younger, or at least as though I've had a holiday and/or a good night's sleep.

I am raving about this product but it deserves it!

Colour match is excellent though unexpected - I'm NW20/25, but Santa Fe ('medium with peach undertone') turned out to blend perfectly with my skin - I'd expected to need a lighter shade than that having used Deauville in the past. Incidentally I bought this after a consultation at the NARS counter in Selfridges, Manchester UK which was I highly recommend - the SA's there really take their job incredibly seriously; I don't think I would even have tried this shade left to my own devices.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by wate

I tried NARS sheer glow foundation in my local NS and got sample to test more at home. I'll say that I don't like this product based on my skin type. My skin is normal-to-dry and has visible pore from my teeager break-out. When SA put it on my face in store, my friend told me that she saw my dry skin immediately looked dewy and my blemish spots became less visiable. But its stay power was not good one me. When I got home (about 3-4 hours later), the foundation was already off. My skin looked dry, and pore was really obvious. I think that I need some foundation more creamy, which can stay longer for dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2009 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Wanc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The texture is quite nice, not to thick...it makes the look very natural, just need a little dab and it covers the pores quite well. Complimented with a nice hint of blush will complete the natural and soft look

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Mewwy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

To be honest, this foundation isn't the most moisturizing foundation I can find. It is quite superior in terms of giving enough coverage while giving enough moisture. But for those who aims to have light coverage anyway, I don't see this foundation as moisturizing - it can sometimes even emphasize my pores even though they aren't super large. My two cents is that this foundations requires a good moisturizing regimen or a good primer beforehand in order to make it smooth. So for this price, I'd rather have something else that makes my skin look smooth with or without primer. Also, the color do tend to be more yellow (I tried Deauville, which was supposed to have a bit of yellow and pink tones.) I'm returning this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2009 5:51:00 AM More reviews by SlvrGrndM99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh how I wish this came with a pump... my only negative, really. It is $42, which is a bit much, but I got mine during the Sephora Friends & Family, so at $33.60, it wasn't THAT bad.

I got the shade Deauville which is described as light with neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones. This would describe my color to a "T" and it's a very good match. I'm already thinking about what color to get once more of my summer tan wears off... probably Gobi and mix, as long as it's not too yellow.

For reference: I wear MAC's MSF Liquid in NC25 (which runs light). MUFE HD in a combo of 1 pump 117 and 1-2 pumps 118. (I only need about 2-2 1/2 pumps, but I have to mix for the right color.) Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick in Sand.

I've only applied this two ways, but both were beautiful. The first with a MAC 190 and blended out a bit with a damp Beauty Blender, and the second with a 187 and a damp Beauty Blender.

I have oily skin, but this doesn't make me any more oily than "normal".

FYI: MAC foundation pumps DO NOT fit on this bottle, but I had an older style of Smashbox PhotoFinish Foundation primer (the glass bottle) and the pump fits on, though it doesn't screw all the way down, as the foundation bottle's neck is longer. It works fine and I use about 1-2 pumps.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by shuhony

I have been on strike in terms of liquid foundation use, as I always found them to be too cakey/mask-like/heavy/impossible to find the right shade... etc. I tried a sample of this product after seeing a review online, and must say I was VERY impressed! I was matched to the shade "Fuji" (I am MAC NC 20-25) and although it's a bit too yellow at times, I think it might be as close as I can get to perfection. It feels very sheer and light yet gives quite decent coverage; I no longer feel the need for concealer on my dark circles and acne scars. The name is quite misleading though, as I actually find it a semi-matte finish. It is a bit pricey and the packaging does need a pump, but other than that, I would say this is pretty much my perfect foundation!