September 1, 2014 | 2089 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by babyfishnat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wished this lasted longer on my face, i know this is meant for drier skin types but, i liked the finish however it didn't last at all on my oilier skin, barely 2 hours and its gone. i will try sheer matte next. the packaging, as usual a pain.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2009 8:21:00 PM More reviews by rockethamster

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I really like this foundation! I'm a light to medium complexion with golden undertones and Ceylon matches really well (its a tad light but as we're getting into winter now it should match exactly quite soon). This honestly feels weightless on my face, I was amazed at how it disappeared into the skin. I like the finish - a satin but more on the matte side despite the name. It is medium coverage, so I do still need concealer around the nose and eyes.

Cons:
The most major con IMO is that this photographs white in pictures. It looks amazing in real life but take my advice and wear something else if you're planning on taking lots of photos.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 5:25:00 PM More reviews by katy24

HG!!!!!!!!!!! I have never had a foundation that makes my skin appear flawless until now! I picked this up in "Fiji"(very yellow-beige),was afraid it was too much yellow in tone but when it is buffed in with my Mac109 it's absolutely perfect.My skin ,especially at this time of year, has a lot of red undertone&this shade deletes it completely.The amount needed to cover the entire face is about the size of my fingertip-coverage is medium to heavy so this should appeal to anyone who likes Colorstay& Studio Fix.You can get very heavy coverage with this if you need it.Sheer Glow is not "sheer" at all but has a lovely satin finish.I like to set it lightly with powder but it isn't necessary for everyone.Try this on one side of the face,check -out how great it looks before finishing the other side.this is what a great foundation is supposed to be!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 3:39:00 AM More reviews by katloummm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absoultely love this product.

I purchased it because the foundation I was using at the time *MAC SFF* (my old HG) was ALWAYS the wrong shade for me. I tried NC/NW/15/20/25, no matter what we tried it always looked too dark, orangey, or too pinky. Rubbish.

So, standing in Harvey Nichols, I look over at the NARS counter and something's calling me over. I approach cautiously to find that it is the new Sheer Glow foundation....ooo00ooo00ooos...

The SA applies NARS primer with SPF, then smothers my face in sheer glow, its so light and airy almost like I'm not wearing foundation at all. she applies more in my problem areas, undereye, around the nose, and chin, it's perfect. She didn't even have to use concealer!! She puts on a bit of blusher and my face looks flawless. It looks matte but at the same time has a glow to it, I dont really know how to describe it. The shade is just right, I am Mont Blanc.

The only problem I have with this product is the bottle. The foundation itself is quite runny, so getting it out can sometimes be a bit of a hassle, cause I always manage to pour out too much. I contacted NARS asking about pumps, but they only have them for the counters and not for selling. *sad* If anyone has a solution to this please mail me!! :)

*edit* I got a mail from a very lovely user saying there's going to be a NARS pump in 2010!!! WOO!!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by rebeccaspark

great foundation! blends really well and matches my skin tone perfectly (i am a medium 1 punjab)! but I do have to touch up twice a day with the Nars powder foundation. I also haven't seen any of the skincare benefits it supposedly has, but other than that it's the best foundation i've used. i am very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by minni4bebe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had been using MAC satinfinish for awhile but started feeling that I needed more coverage. So I stumbled upon the reviews for this and decided to try it. I am sooo happy I did! I am an NC40 in MAC and Barcelona was the perfect match! I feel it's even better than the MAC shade bc it has a bit less yellow in it. It blends well and gives a natural finish. My skin looks healthy and smooth. I don't look matte or shimmery. Just perfect. At first, I felt it settled into lines but I then realized I applied to much. I just use my Sephora #55 airbrush brush and stipple it on then buff with the MAC 180. The foundation applies smoothly. The price is higher than what I am used to but I will gladly shell it out for this. My only gripe, no pump!

Edit: I found a pump yay! I asked at sephora if they had an extra and they did!! Go ahead and ask, you never know!

Edit again: Color selection isn't that great. I'm NC40 and as I tan, Barcelona is too light and the next color is to orange.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Dolce222

FINALLY the perfect color match...I have a very hard time finding foundation that matches my face and neck. With MAC the NC20 is too yellow and NW20 is too orange. Actually, most brands like chanel, ysl makes my face orange. When I went to Nars to buy blush, the SA recommended their sheer glow foundation since she said NARs is known to have a wide range of colors that match Asian skin tone. Mont Blanc matches my skin perfectly! The only downside is that since it's "sheer" foundation it makes my skin look a bit oily(instead of dewy) so I have to reapply powder often. Maybe I should try the matte one next time (I have combination skin). Other than that I'm very happy with this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2009 9:40:00 AM More reviews by tweety1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am super excited about this product !! love love love this It is worth every penny it make your skin look glowy and gorgeous, it last all day, and look amazing
I have tried many foundation and this is my HG, you got to try it to believe it, have a look at sardun1 on you tube she look fantasic with this on , I am sold for sure :~)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by sunkissedgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this foundation!!!! This is exactly what I've been looking for in a foundation all these years. It's easy to blend, covers beautifully, not cakey, long lasting, and natural looking!!! It makes my skin look so smooth. Some have mentioned that it cakes up on dry spots...but I completely disagree. The glow is not shimmery like other "luminous/glow" foundations. The Nars Artist explained that the glowy part comes from the ingredient Tumeric. I will never touch another foundation again. It doesn't break me out. As far as the packaging goes, I think the bottle is really nice and I don't mind that it doesn't come with a pump. I don't understand why everyone's complaining, just open the bottle and pour some out...not rocket science. Anyways... I use the shade Barcelona which is a pretty good match for me (NC40). *edit* I stopped tanning so I'm now NC35 and Barcelona still looks great with my skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by baivanua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is truly excellent foundation. I have it in Punjab which is a pretty good match for my skin tone.

I don't really wear foundation much and am not a fan due to years of ballet concerts and pancake makeup. However every now and again I like the coverage of foundation.

I was given a sample of Nars sheerglow at Mecca and was very impressed, excellent coverage, the light acne scars on my cheek were covered, didn't do a bad job with undereye circles either. However the finish is what made me buy it, It looked like no other foundation I had tried (to be fair I haven't tried many). It was very natural, with a bit of a glow but still quite matte, which I found impresive. Lasting power was good on my oily skin. Given my oily skin I was actually really suprised by how well it worked. If this had looked anything like foundation I would not have gone out and bought it. It doesn't, it looks like perfect skin.

It does tend to sink into my pores so I am experimenting with primers at the moment, nars primer seems to help.

All in all, on days when I want that perfect, porcelain look I use this. Can't recommend this enough.