Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 2/22/2009 10:53:00 PM

i heard really good things about this product and how it realyl cleared up peoples skin but it didnt work at all for me. My skin had no change. It felt a little to gently for my skin .. didnt like it one bit

on 2/22/2009 8:24:00 PM

I wanted to give Purity a try because I keep hearing a lot of fantastic things about it. I used up the entire bottle (i like things in pumps better, so I transferred it to an empty Purpose bottle) but it really didnt seem to do any better than Purpose. Actually, when using toner after Purity, id still have some stuff left on my cotton ball, which is not the case with Purpose. I wouldnt buy again, Purpose does a better job for a fraction of the price.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This just did not work well for me. I was a little put-off by the scent (a very strong herbal), the consistency was runnier than the cleansers to which I'm accustomed, and it didn't do anything to clear or moisturize my skin.

on 2/21/2009 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

this is my HG!!! luckily for me, purity doesn't break me out or irritate my combo skin. it's a low suds cleanser that takes off oil and makeup and leaves my skin clean, smooth and glowing!!! in the winter, i like to follow up with when hope is not enough and its a perfect combo to fight my seasonal dry skin.

on 2/19/2009 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I wanted to like this product so much because it takes off makeup really well. But, it caused my face to breakout. It gave me cystic acne, especially on my chin. It was so frustrating & after trying different products to find out what was causing my breakouts it turned out to be the Purity cleanser. I switched to Purpose cleanser & my skin is now clear.

on 2/19/2009 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff has so many irritants in the ingredients, it's not even funny.

I broke out in tiny little red bumps all over my face (which is rare, I usually only have break outs on my cheeks). I was so appalled at what happened that I looked up the ingredients in this product in a make up review bible type book, and surprise, surprise, it is packed full of irritants and things that should NOT be getting in contact with your skin!

on 2/17/2009 8:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really can't say anything bad about this product. But- would I pay that much money for a facial cleanser again? No-

Unless it sprouts arms and washes my face for me.

There is nothing that this does, that my much less expensive and just as lovely DS cleanser can't do.

Its just no big deal- rather over hyped IMO. Save your money.

on 2/15/2009 10:21:00 PM

Been using this about three weeks.My face feels clean after washing. I was looking for something to remove my EDM gently without having to use a toner afterward to get off the last bits. I also am acne-prone and have found I'm not really breaking out more than normal. I have a coupe of cystic hormonal type zits, but it has nothing to do with the face wash. I also have found a reduction in blackheads (maybe because I'm using it in conjunction with other phil. products?) I bought this as part of the Jump Starters kit--so I have a smaller bottle. I also have bottles of the exfoliating face wash, hope in a jar and hope in a tube. So far, I really like all the products. You'll hear about it if this starts to suck.

on 2/11/2009 9:40:00 PM

It takes off waterproof make up easily and I like how it doesn't sud up. However, it's not anything exceptional. And the smell is odd.

on 2/11/2009 11:49:00 AM

I've used this product for a year now. Before I started using this one, I used the Clinique Mild soap for combination skin for years. And I noticed my cheeks were getting dry and reddish. So I went to sephora looking for a more gentle cleanser. This was recommended to me by the staff. I first bought a small bottle to try it out. It felt great. Skin doesn't feel tight or dry after the wash. But maybe i was too used to the soap so I always felt it doesn't clean as well. So I kept using the soap at night and Purity in the morning only. But after a while, I noticed that as I'm getting used to it, it feels just as clean so I completely stopped the soap. As long as you exfoliate your skin regularly, you won't have any blackheads problem at all. The big bottle lasted me 8 months and there's still enough for 2 more months. So it's definitely good value. I will probably buy it again unless I hear about something better.