August 22, 2014 | 1618 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2010 12:06:00 PM More reviews by shahada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is almost HG for me - would be if it didn't settle into fine lines by midafternoon. It works so so well with my large pores - doesn't sink into pores, masks them. Great coverage - this is the only thing that bugs me ... To cover up my red cheeks, I end up putting too much on that it looks cakey. That's my only gripe - I wish I could get more coverage for the redness on my cheeks. Blends so well with my skin. I apply with my stippling (187), section by section as the fdnt dries so quickly. I don't like the bottle w/o a pump because it can get messy - I use a qtip dipped in the fdnt and place it on my hand to put my brush in the fdnt to apply. Gives an airbrushed smooth finish :) I set with NARS pressed powder, Studio Fix Powder, or MUFE HD powder. Beautiful and a definitely a buy again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by noname101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is really a great foundation. It stays all day as it is supposed to. It doesn't look streaky or flat.

it also works well mixed with moisturizer or sunscreen or even high beam to make a nice, long lasting, glowier foundation.

Get it when there is a GWP! Then its a super sweet deal

EDIT- I don't reach for it so much even though its great. I guess i have been wanting more of a dewy look and this one is quite matte. Still totally recommend.

I guess I would love it even more if the match was PERFECT, its very good but not PERFECT.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by cuddleblossom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently started using this foundation and am very happy with it. It's a great everyday foundation for me. Some have mentioned difficulty blending - I avoid this by pulling my brush trough a little bit of moisturizer before taking any foundation - works perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by glitterandgold

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i part love / part hate this foundation!
LOVE PART: after years and years of trying to find a long lasting one that works, a friend recommended i try this and i'm amazed at its staying power - it looks as good at the end of the day as it does when you first put it on, it never comes off on anything & doesn't fade or go patchy, i've never needed to use a powder with it.
it's a high coverage foundation, but i don't think it looks "fake". it IS thick, so i don't think it'd be suitable for every day use for people with sensitive skin.
what i really love about it is that it would cover any flaws - i have very dark circles under my eyes and when i'm using this foundation i don't even need a concealer, they can't be seen - which is incredible!
the shade range is great, they have one which is my exact skintone.
this foundation really WILL last forever - you need the tiniest amount to cover your face - so for this reason i don't think it's badly priced - it's not cheap, but for the quality & the length of time it will last, i think it's worth it.
you do have to be careful when you apply it because it dries almost instantly, so you have to work on one section of your face at a time.

HATE PART: for me personally, it brings me out in a rash when i use it, which i've never experienced from a foundation before. it used to be when i used it for 3 days in a row, but now happens if i use it once, so for that reason i can't use it other than for VERY special occasions. i've googled it & asked at the EL counters and apparently it's rare/unheard of - so unfortunately it must just be too drying for my skin (no matter how much i moisturise it :( ) but everyone i know personally who uses it has never had a problem.
it would also be better if the packaging had a pump, because you really don't need much to cover your whole face and it would be more hygienic. but not really a biggie!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 6:27:00 AM More reviews by stepintothepink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had real trouble finding a good lasting foundation that didn't require me to keep topping up my powder. I've used MAC in the past and wanted to try something new, and definitely wanted something with SPF.

My mum has been using this for years, and let me try hers in Pebble. It was too dark but I still wore it for the day out shopping and was really impressed, so bought my own in Fresco.

The foundation is really easy to blend, especially around the hairline and you only need a tiny bit which it good when buying expensive foundations! It lasts all day, although I still need to use blotting tissues but that's my skin type more than the foundation.

I'll definitely be sticking with this for a long time to come! What's more, Estee Lauder seem to always have free gifts with multiple purchases, so I managed to get myself some great day cream and a gorgeous coral lipstick to boot!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by punkrockzoie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't actually buy this foundation. I went to the EL counter, my first time EVER trying out department store makeup (I'm usually a cheapo, only going for drugstore products, but lately I've realized the importance of quality.)
For reference, I'm Hispanic/Indian and I was matched with Tawny, which I think was a perfect match. I got a sample which lasted me exactly a week, and here's what I thought of it:
PROS:
-really natural looking!! i was so impressed that for once, a foundation made my skin look like skin instead of cakeyness. i've used Revlon Colorstay which looks extremely unnatural on my skin, so it was refreshing to try such a natural looking foundation
-it felt like i was wearing no makeup at all. again, i've never experienced this with cheap drugstore makeup. just this fact of the makeup feeling so light almost won me over. except...
CONS:
-I have extremely oily skin, and I blot every hour in the morning and every couple hours during the afternoon. I know it's called Double Wear, but it did not last...Three hours into wearing it, my imperfections started to peek through and it didn't look like I was wearing any foundation at all.
-The coverage was on the light side, and it couldn't completely cover my acne scars.

I'm not saying it's a bad product. I really wish it would've worked for me, but I guess it's not the best product for someone who blots often. I was reeeally considering buying it anyway, but I didn't want to spend $33 on a product that was only so-so. Guess I'll keep searching...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by LuvMakeup09

I bought this product because my friend wore it to attend our friend's wedding. It looks pretty on her and the coverage is great. I went to Boston Store to buy mine during Goodwill Sale. The coverage is good but it is thick. If using the stippling brush, very little foundation is needed. By half day, i can see my pores and little cracks of foundation showing on my face. It looks pretty in the mirror, but if you look closely or at magnifying mirror, you can see that the foundation is thick and cracks. I use loose powder on top of this and it makes my face looks cakey. I will not buy this product again. Also, i hate the packaging. It's a big mess if you shake up the bottle to mix the contents inside. Don't do that :-).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by iqaganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My sister bought me this liquid foundation as a christmas gift last christmas. We bought this over Seibu counter in Langham Place, Mongkok for errr... Sorry, I forgot already how much it is. The lady from Estee Lauder suggested the shade light-medium for me for my NC30 / NC35 skin color. She bought this together with the powder foundation and the freebie that we got from all our Estee Lauder purchases. It was my first time to buy something from Estee Lauder! In fact, I really know nothing about makeups until that day. My sister taught me how to apply liquid foundation and the proper step by step ways to put on your everyday make up. (Thanks sis! :) )

Anyway, I chose this because I need something that has a good coverage but stays for a very long time. And this was it. The coverage is good but the staying power? Hmmm.. So far, it's ok.. It doesn't hold that much for me but not that bad as well. So far it's ok and besides, this is Estee Lauder! With Estee Lauder, I could never go wrong! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by onefineday01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Ecru, and it's a bit dark for me, but would probably work in summer - which is the time that I would buy again. As far as staying power, this stuff has it! I've never seen foundation that would last this long - and it seems the longer it's on your skin the firmer it adheres! The color stays true on me all day, and I like that it has sunscreen, but my nose, chin, and jawline all get a bit sticky through the day with this - it's not oil controlling for me at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by princessxhx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

after reading rave reviews of this foundation i thought id give it a go, i like my foundation to last all day, i hate having to reapply it by lunch time. this foundation has staying power but can be hard to apply, its not very spreadable, it clings to dry areas and often caused me to break out, i would'nt recommend this foundation to any one with dry skin. it also could have done with a pump as you can waste alot trying to pour it out.