Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

3.4

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

on 1/24/2011 7:27:00 PM

After reading mixed reviews on this mascara, I decided to try it for myself and ended up being very disappointed. When I first pulled out the wand, I immediately noticed the brush was not really a comb, but very hairy and soft. I couldn't actually see separate bristles. It looked kind of like a little caterpillar.The wand itself was also sightly flexible which made application even more difficult. The curved design was not the best idea for a brush that has no resistance. Also, there seemed to always be fuzz stuck to the brush and I've never had a problem with that before. The product itself was just as bad as the packaging. It was very dry and clumpy and, as my boyfriend told me, left lots of little black specks under my eyes. I bought the waterproof so that shouldn't have happened. The only other thing that struck me about The Falsies was the lid. The lid is curved so the brush cannot be set down in a hurry or between applications. I didn't realize this until I poked my eye with the brush and tried to set it down only to see it fall and make a mess on my counter. I can't think of anything good to say about this mascara; it fails in all areas.

on 1/24/2011 2:10:00 PM

It's the best mascara ever! The curved brush helps a lot and I don't need an eyelash curler any more. will definatelly buy again!

on 1/24/2011 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is my fave mascara thus far. It def. does the job of adding drama to your lashes, making them look full and long. One coat already does the job esp. for a daytime look, but I always add more coats for more effect. Price is typical for a mascara.. and packaging is not too bad. Only downside is that if you apply multiple coats and rub your lashes later in the day, look out for some fallout on your cheeks.. not good. Otherwise, great product for thick lashes that do look like falsies.

Edit: Another downer is that it smudges! Since I continued using this in the summer, I've seen some nasty smudging and so I stopped using it.

on 1/24/2011 12:50:00 AM

It does it's purpose of being a mascara. I don't really think it does what it advertises as making you look like you have false eyelashes on, but with that said it isn't a bad product. But it's nothing that makes me go "Wow this amazing" if this was a higher end product I wouldn't buy it again because of the price but as a drug store product I would.

on 1/24/2011 12:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE MASCARAS I LOVE IT:) I USE THE 2 DIFFERENT ONES I USE THE FALSIES BLACK DRAMA AND THE FALSIES BLACKEST BLACK AND I GET THE FULL EFFECT ON MY EYELASHES!!! I HAVE REALLY REALLY LONG EYELASHES SUPER LONG AND THICK AND THIS MASCARA MAKES THEM LOOK PERFECT AND IM LOVING THE BLACKEST BLACK IT MAKES ME EYELASHES HAVE A GREAT COLOR TO THEM!!! I WILL BE BUYING THIS MASCARA OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!! DEFINITELY A MUST HAVE!! I REALLY DONOT HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE CLUMPS BUT EVERY SO OFTEN A CLUMP DOES SOME AND ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LIGHTLY TOUCH YOUR EYELASH AND IT COMES RIGHT OFF WILL BE TAKING A PICTURE WITH THIS ON:)

I have to say at first I was like what is all the rave about in youtube. so I went and bought it and I love it.. it makes your lashes look longer and thicker. girls make sure if you get it to apply to coats after eachother that way it doesnt look clumpy. over all I like this better than lashblast now.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really didn't like this mascara i did nothing for my lashes unfortunatly

on 1/23/2011 3:22:00 PM

I really LOVE this mascara! It keeps a curl soooo nicely! I have really straight and thin lashes, but this mascara makes my lashes look awesome! It can be a little clumpy but it isnt that much of a problem. I will repurchase this again and again!!!

on 1/22/2011 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is an OK mascara. I have thinner, sparse lashes, and this mascara didn't do too much for volume. The length was alright, but it was very clumpy by the time I got anywhere near any volume. It was also very light for black. It turned out brownish instead of black.

on 1/22/2011 3:07:00 PM

This mascara does what I've been hoping previous mascaras would do. I'm so impressed by the results. It thickens and lengthens my lashes and imparts drama from root to tip. It's a bit much for an every day mascara but that's perfectly fine. It's very wet so it can clump if one isn't careful with application but if that happens, it's easily fixable with a lash comb. This far surpasses DiorShow, every MAC mascara and all other high-end mascaras I've ever tried. Of course, I tend to think that when it comes to mascara, the high-end brands can't match up to Cover Girl and Maybelline. Maybelline is now my go-to mascara brand--between The Falsies and Colossal, I don't see myself trying anything else. Cover Girl's Lash Blast was my go-to but I won't be buying that again as long as The Falsies and Colossal are still sold.

So for me, Colossal during the day (I like a fairly dramatic lash all the time) and The Falsies at night. These two mascaras are as close to HG as you can get.