Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

3.4

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

This is okay and it's a fun idea. Of course, anyone expecting a real "false lash" effect from a mascara is gonna be let down.. but most of you probably know that. :P I wouldn't recommend using this on its own. The few times I have used it, I applied it as a final coat on top of a different sort of mascara (I used three coats of The Colossal Volum'Express and then one coat of The Falsies). It does sort of elongate lashes, but not dramatically. The reason I never wear this? Taking it off is SUCH a PAIN. I use eye makeup remover wipes and I almost need a full wipe for each eye with this mascara on. It smears into a big inky black mess that I practically have to scrub off. I also notice every time I use this that it makes a few of my lashes fall out... which is not not not good. It might not do that to everyone, but I don't use it because of the removal and what it does to my real lashes.

I bought this after having a bad experience with loreal voluminous (too clumpy) I had been hearing some mixed reviews but decided to risk it. I'm very glad I did. I was disappointed when I opened it and it had a sightly curved, large flexible applicator, thinking it would be difficult to manuever. I was wrong it was easy to work with, it seperates my lashes and I haven't had any clumping. I know some people felt the formula was too wet at first but I found it to be great the first time I used it. My lashes are very blonde and the formula was very dark which I appreciated. I will probaby be buying again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I think it is a pretty good mascara. My eyelashes are naturally quite long, so to be honest any decent mascara should work. I think it is a good mascara, it makes my lashes more longer and darker, but I feel that it doesn't make them thicker which is what I want. I'm only 15 and I bought this mascara from boots for 8.19. I don't usually spend this much on make up so I won't buy this again and I'll probably stick to a cheaper mascara because any mascara does the job for my eyelashes.

My overall rating for the original falsies mascara is 2 lippies out of 5. The curved brush was quite awkward to use and I wasn't a fan of how much product stuck to the brush when I took it out of the mascara tube. The price was pretty good though because I bought it on sale at a grocery store, but nevertheless I will NOT be purchasing this product ever again. It clumped my short lashes like crazy and did not give that "false lash" effect. Very very disappointed.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

What this mascara did for me was volumeize and that was it. It did not lengthen or curl which was what I needed the most from mascaras. I also didn't really like the brush because it made application very messy. While this is a usable mascara, I won't be picking it up again next time I need a new mascara.

Love the original - hated the waterproof.
I tried the regular mascara and loved the results! Then I ventured into the waterproof version and was horrified by the the meltdown an hour later. Note to self - never try a new mascara the day of a holiday party. I spent half the night trying to get the mascara smudges from underneath my eyes. I could not believe how much is was melting! I cannot even imagine how bad this product is if your eyelashes actually got wet. Do they seriously not test these on real people before releasing for purchase?

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I didn't realize how truly wonderful this mascara was until I started using a different one. I tend to go overboard with mascara, but no matter how much of Falsies I apply, it doesn't clump up. This mascara thickens, lengthens, and separates all in one. Definitely my HG mascara!

I thought that this product was going to be spectacular consitering most mascaras make my lashes look fake. This sadly was not the case. I ended up with a few thick lashes no matter how much I tried to separate them or how little I applied. To top it off it flake right off. And the brush...well i don't even know what was going on there.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

No mascara has ever made my eyelashes stick up like this. This really does make your eyelashes look fake and they look beautiful. only bad part is that the mascara starts to goop up after a few uses, good thing its cheap though.update: I tried this without the waterproof and for some reason it doesn't make my lashes as long and stiff. so I'm not like anymore.

ummm... what's everyone's dealio??? this mascara is cheap and effective. I had NO PROBLEM with it at all. it's subtle and clean with one coat and can be built if you like a grungier/clumpier/fake look. I seriously don't understand how it got so complicated for the reviewers below... this product is pretty freaking good, especially for the price. It's not easy to be exact with, so I save my better mascaras for more important days and use this every day. it's a good product. I have 2 (falsies and th dramatic one both in the blackest colors possible) and I will keep buying it.

Popular Mascaras