January 29, 2015 | 1961 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by kmennie

"Spidery" was the word that kept coming to mind with this stuff.

Thick, clump-prone, not impressed with the brush. I felt rather 1970s -- big thick unseparated lashes. Could not reach lashes at corners with brush provided.

Overall impression: cheap, in many ways. This was thrown out after a week or two.

The tube I bought had some manufacturing defects -- several bristles on the brush were twice as long as the rest of them, and there was a poor join on the wand and it looked like it was about to split into two pieces. Great. Perhaps I can e-mail them a picture and ask for a replacement? Maybelline.ca --> no "Contact us" on-line! In 2010! Commented on their Facebook page. Maybelline response: nothing. This was my first Maybelline purchase since early adolescence, and also my last. Yuk.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by CarolineXOXOX

PROS: The curved applicator curls your lashes, makes your lashes really dark, doesnt clump
CONS: the packaging is really light and cheap, it does not give any length or volume
I didnt dislike this mascara, but it is not one of the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by ericaXo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best mascara I have ever used. I dont even need to curl my lashes before I use this mascara because the curved brush does it for me. My lashes have never been this long. I just wish it was a little more volumizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by babyy_yn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

this right now is my favourite mascara! I love the more dramatic look it gives me, and if I apply it very carefully, it can look pretty natural. The #1 reason i LOVE this is because it actually curls my lashes! i don't know how but using this without curling my lashes at all gives me the same look as if i curled them. The only thing is it was a bit too liquidy at first, so now the bottle dried up a little and it works a lot better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

This mascara was ok, though did not make my lashes any longer then they already are. I like the curved wand and the colour of the package. I would buy again if on sale, but I'm gonna just stick with maybeline great lash mascara for now.
UPDATE! AFTER ABOUT A WEEK OF USING THIS IT SUDDENLY BECAME AMAZING!!!! LOVE IT

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by nguyenali

I like the curved brush because I'm able to reach the small corners and the small plastic bristles help reduce a mascara mess from having long lashes but I can't really spread out the mascara and have to stroke the brush across a few times for even coverage. The regular mascara flakes and rubs off easily but the waterproof stays on well throughout the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by diamond97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I regret buying this. It is the worst mascara I have ever tried. Apart from the color, which is very very black, this is a disaster. I've tried this mascara multiple times with different applications. The wand picks up waaay too much product and the bristles fail to separate lashes, so extreme clumping and smudging was inevitable. I've tried wiping off the product by scraping the wand against the edge of the container, but that was very messy. I've also tried to wipe off nearly all of the product from the wand with a tissue, but even so the application was uneven, not to mention how much product is wasted that way. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but I really can't see how this could work.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by xxkatielovesmacxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had heard great reviews on this mascara from my friends. So i decided it would be good to try. I hate it soooooooo much. It made my eyelashes clump so badly it made it look like i had one huge eyelash. I think it might have been the bristle brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by hailey708

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought I should get this product bcuz all the reviews say that its so good.
So the first time I wore it, my lashes were noticably longer, which i really liked. But after my first time wearing it, my lashes would always clump together and the product would flake everywhere, all over my cheeks and on my lid. I would NOT recomend this mascara to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by XxOmgItsDaraxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara is great for those who are looking for dramatic lashes. Its very dark and gives awesome length and volume. I wouldn't say it gives you a look of wearing ''falsies'' but its close. The brush does help lift your lashes because of how its curved and the flexible wand. A lot of people complain that its clumpy and I don't get any clumps but I see why some people do. The brush holds onto a lot of mascara. I usually just apply how it is but I scraped to see how much mascara the brush holds onto and its a lot. Luckily I never have an issue with clumping. It doesn't flake on me either. I would definitely repurchase and reccomend to people who want dramatic lashes.