April 17, 2014 | 1785 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by eefie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara is a great one! The tube is a bit cheap looking (bright pink) and the bulgy shape suggests it contains more than it actually does. But the mascara itself is great: it lengthens my lashes, it gives great volume, and almost no clumps (which is a miracle, considering all mascara's I've tried). I have blond hair and very light lashes, so I do like the dramatic look. And with this mascara, you really can get a glamorous effect by applying a few layers (not too many, because than it does get clumpy). The brush is a bit curved, which is strange to use in the beginning, but gets better with a bit of practice. All in all a great mascara for a reasonable price (16 in The Netherlands, which is around $21).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2010 9:50:00 AM More reviews by LauraJean396

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mascaras are something that are so personal to everyone. What works for me surely may not work for you and vice versa. That being said! This is my favorite mascara that I have ever used.

I have went thru 3 tubes of this! The first tube was so great that I did not hesitate to get another one. The second tube was a little too watery at first but after a week it thickened up and turned into my dream mascara.

I don't ever buy into the hype of crazy claims like a mascara making your lashes look like they are ACTUAL false lashes but I have been asked a few times while wearing this if I was wearing false lashes! And to me that speaks volumes.

Don't go on negative reviews on this mascara alone. Try it out! What works for one person will not work for everyone!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by curlyfryxo

I was hesitating to get this, but I'm surprised. I actually like this product more than the CoverGirl Lashblast, which i never really liked. It made me lashes really long and big (well, they already were, but it made it even more!) It's a nice product, i usually only apply on upper lashes.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by LameAssCatLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pure CRAP!

The only thing I like about this is the purple tube. The brush does nothing but clump your lashes together. The formula actually has small hairs in it! What is that about?! Unless a tiny dog is living in my tube, I highly doubt it is just a bad batch.

I will NOT buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by carolmelapple

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this mascara. So far it's my favorite, I loveeee how it makes my lashes so long. It's not really plumping; I need a few coats to get volume, but the length is great.

It doesn't hold a curl, but I really like how it actually does give my lashes a false effect.

I think this mascara is best used only for upper lashes and with 2-3 coats applied liberally. The spoon shaped brush is great for applying it, and the sides are great for combing through the lashes after packing on the product.

I already recommended this to my bestie. I love it! And I love that it's in a purple and turquoise bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by nikkithecastle1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It seems that the falsies really is a love/hate product. Personally, it's my HG mascara. It doesn't flake at all, but that might be more because I'm not in the habit of picking. In any case, I love that with one coat, this mascara applies evenly and makes my lashes look naturally long and full. With one or two more coats, the look is much more dramatic and does not turn into a clumpy mess! This mascara is very versatile. Will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by CrimeKisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate the wand. I don't mind the curved applicator, but it bends, too. I don't get it. And the mascara does flake, but if I can refrain from picking my mascara off (never), it's not too bad. Even so, it does make my lashes look really long and thick, almost like natural looking false lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by foxieq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why, maybe I got a bad tube, but this was a horrible mascara for me. I was debating between this on the Colossal -- I love Voluminous, Full n Soft, Lash Blast, so I decided to try out one of Maybelline's newer mascaras.

For me, this was quite hard to apply! The formula was somewhat clumpy and didn't reach a lot of lashes in a swipe. A lot of the formula got on my lids as well. It reminded me of MegaLash by Wet 'n Wild, meaning not good at all.

The only good thing is that it seems relatively buildable, albeit you'll have a lot of separating to do.

EDIT: This mascara is just horrible for me. All these lashes look so amazing in the pics! But mine get clumpy and uneven, lashes stuck together. In addition, the washable formula smudges so much! Yes, I do think I have naturally teary eyes, but no other non-WP mascara has given me this much trouble -- or raccoon eyes. Easily one of the worst i've ever used.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by TheShe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is so weird.
First and above all else, it's the messiest mascara I've ever used. The "spoon-shaped" brush is RIDICULOUS - all it does it gather gobs of wet mascara on the concave side of the "spoon", which you then have to wipe off on the side of the tube (or on a kleenex, which means you'll be throwing away 50% of what's in the tube).
The whole brush just collects WAY too much product and not enough of it is wiped off, so you have to thoroughly wipe the whole thing down before you can finally use the wand. Fun! Sigh. For me, even when I'm being careful and taking my time in the morning, this means mascara on my hands, the outside of the tube, mascara everywhere. The opening of the tube I have is absolutely caked with mascara runoff. Not cute.

The thing is: once you get past the terrible packaging and the inconvenient mess: this is actually a good mascara. Really dark black, not too clumpy (if you spend the time carefully wiping off all the excess, like I said), and on me it really does lengthen. Nothing miraculous, but it's good!
It just sucks that the rest of the concept is so horrible that realistically I'll never re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by obviously

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an okey mascara. It didn't do anything spectacular with my lashes, it was just fine. I didn't like the brush at first, but I got used to it. Really doesn't remember anything more about it - but maybe that's just another proof that it is nothing special.