Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

3.4

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is one of the best mascaras I have ever used! My first use was horrible, I couldn't get the hang of it! After several tries, I grew to love the curved wand, bushy brush, and thick formula. I have sparse lashes, but after three coats of this mascara, my lashes look as thick as could be, I already have three backups and will look foward to repurchasing more in the future!

on 1/29/2011 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this Maybelline Falsies! Overall, this product is AMAZING! The color, price, bottle, texture, and performance just blow me away!

The price is great, pretty average for a drugstore product. Not too cheap and not too expensive.

The packaging quality is just like other drugstore mascaras, except this one comes in a flashy purple shade.

The brush is great, not too supple, but not rock-hard either.
It gives me such long and thick lashes! People ask me every single day if i'm wearing fake lashes!

I love this product, I just think it gets low ratings from other people is because they don't know how to use it. How I use it: I turn the curved side opposite from my lashes, so that the convex side is touching the lashes, then i use a few coats.
This is an amazing product and I hope you guys use my tip!

on 1/29/2011 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This mascara is good if you don't want a dramatic look. It works good, not great. I'd purchase this again just to use as a natural lash enhancer. I'm going to say it is not a need to have item but if you do get it you'll get your money's worth.

on 1/29/2011 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This made my eyelashes clumpy and flaked off after a few hours wear. It was a big disappointment. Years ago Maybelline made a mascara called Illegal Lengths, which was amazing (not the new Illegal Lengths). I have not purchased another Maybelline mascara since this was discontinued until the Falsies. I will not be purchasing another.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse

I like this mascara but I think that it wouldn't work for everyone. People with naturally long lashes will most probably have clumping. I use a very light hand and wipe of excess mascara. I recommend not getting to close to the base of your lashes I would repurchase.

on 1/28/2011 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love this mascara! This works great if you know how to use it. Like other reviewers stated if you let it dry out a bit and use it in the shape of a "c" then you will find it to do everything it says. It doesn't flake or smudge and lasts all day on me. I will definitely repurchase. This and CG lash blast are my HG mascaras! They also work great when used together.

on 1/27/2011 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It does make your eyelashes look false, and not in a good way. It clumps a lot. And the brush is bad.

on 1/27/2011 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have short lashes. Im Asian. The waterproof formula works better. This and CG Lashblast waterproof is all i will keep going back to. Nothing else. This works Wonders. They trick is to let the 1st coat dry for like a couple seconds and keep adding more layers. I love this no doubt about it.

on 1/26/2011 11:12:00 PM

I love this mascara.. makes my eyelashes appear long and thick and does sort of give off that falsy look:) I would prefer putting this mascara on rather than actual falsies anyday.

on 1/26/2011 11:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

There are a lot of mixed reviews on this product and I have both pros and cons about it. I will first mention that the product does in fact get better with age, which is weird and not something that I was too impressed with. The formula is very wet when you first get it, so you really have to be careful when applying it because even blinking too soon can get black dots on your face. It was also a bit clumpy at first. I could ever only apply one coat. More than that would just look too messy. After about a week or two the product dries a bit and I found it easier to apply. It separated my lashes more and lengthened them more as well. I did like this product for a while but I think you can find something better out there. This product works differently for everyone and it was definitely not the worst mascara I've tried. I probably would re-purchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials