Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

3.4

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse

I like this mascara but I think that it wouldn't work for everyone. People with naturally long lashes will most probably have clumping. I use a very light hand and wipe of excess mascara. I recommend not getting to close to the base of your lashes I would repurchase.

on 1/28/2011 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love this mascara! This works great if you know how to use it. Like other reviewers stated if you let it dry out a bit and use it in the shape of a "c" then you will find it to do everything it says. It doesn't flake or smudge and lasts all day on me. I will definitely repurchase. This and CG lash blast are my HG mascaras! They also work great when used together.

on 1/27/2011 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It does make your eyelashes look false, and not in a good way. It clumps a lot. And the brush is bad.

on 1/27/2011 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have short lashes. Im Asian. The waterproof formula works better. This and CG Lashblast waterproof is all i will keep going back to. Nothing else. This works Wonders. They trick is to let the 1st coat dry for like a couple seconds and keep adding more layers. I love this no doubt about it.

on 1/26/2011 11:12:00 PM

I love this mascara.. makes my eyelashes appear long and thick and does sort of give off that falsy look:) I would prefer putting this mascara on rather than actual falsies anyday.

on 1/26/2011 11:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

There are a lot of mixed reviews on this product and I have both pros and cons about it. I will first mention that the product does in fact get better with age, which is weird and not something that I was too impressed with. The formula is very wet when you first get it, so you really have to be careful when applying it because even blinking too soon can get black dots on your face. It was also a bit clumpy at first. I could ever only apply one coat. More than that would just look too messy. After about a week or two the product dries a bit and I found it easier to apply. It separated my lashes more and lengthened them more as well. I did like this product for a while but I think you can find something better out there. This product works differently for everyone and it was definitely not the worst mascara I've tried. I probably would re-purchase.

on 1/26/2011 9:48:00 PM

I really like the falsies mascara, but the waterproof formula is x01010192901 times better than the non waterproof one! I have long eyelashes to begin with, and this mascara definately made them longer and darker, and i really liked the way they looked. It was worth the 7 or 8 dollars i paid for it, considering it's better than most of the expensive mascara's ive owned. Love!

on 1/25/2011 10:13:00 PM

I wanted to like this mascara but there is defnitely something wrong with the brush. It isn't strong enough to hold its shape or something...not sure how to describe it...it looks ragged...and it picks up too much product and i end up with mascara on my face every time. It doesnt seem to do much for volume. Some clumpy. I will go back to Covergirl Lashblash or maybelline Great lash. Won't buy this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have tried a couple MAC mascaras and TooFaces Lash Gasm and I much preffered this mascara to them. It was affordable and the packaging is a cute Purple and Blue. I also prerp by curling my lashes which helps ease the application of the product. It is slighly clumpy but I'm yet to find a product that isn't clumpy even at thity dollars.
I suggest you try it, the results are fairy dramatic and it has a great curved brush.

on 1/24/2011 7:27:00 PM

After reading mixed reviews on this mascara, I decided to try it for myself and ended up being very disappointed. When I first pulled out the wand, I immediately noticed the brush was not really a comb, but very hairy and soft. I couldn't actually see separate bristles. It looked kind of like a little caterpillar.The wand itself was also sightly flexible which made application even more difficult. The curved design was not the best idea for a brush that has no resistance. Also, there seemed to always be fuzz stuck to the brush and I've never had a problem with that before. The product itself was just as bad as the packaging. It was very dry and clumpy and, as my boyfriend told me, left lots of little black specks under my eyes. I bought the waterproof so that shouldn't have happened. The only other thing that struck me about The Falsies was the lid. The lid is curved so the brush cannot be set down in a hurry or between applications. I didn't realize this until I poked my eye with the brush and tried to set it down only to see it fall and make a mess on my counter. I can't think of anything good to say about this mascara; it fails in all areas.

Video Reviews & Tutorials