Revlon PhotoReady Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

2057 reviews

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 1.1%, Zinc Oxide 2.0%) Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Alumina, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glycerin, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Trisiloxane, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tribehenin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Cycloheptasiloxane, Silica, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol /- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 5/21/2010 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this with all the hype going around about having a foundation that is photo ready, dewy and all around great for drugstore. In all honesty, I hate this foundation. I have normal to dry skin there putting this foundation on only accentuated all the dry patches on my face. Even after using it with a heavy moisturizer or primer underneath, it still did no good for me. On top of that, as much as it may give that dewy look, in the bright sunlight I can see the shimmers on my face. EVERYONE CAN SEE IT. I look like a disco ball walking around. It bugs me so much. And for being "photoready" it does not photo well in ALL circumstances. You would think when you hear that its name is photoready that you can whip out a camera and start shooting away. Not true whatsoever. The SPF is great but leaves that ghastly white cast on the face and the shimmers don't help at all. All in all, I like the packaging, I like the idea of having a photoready foundation. Other than that, to me, this product is a complete fail.

on 5/20/2010 12:17:00 PM

my new holy grail of foundation

pump is amazing
makes me look flawless
lasts all day
gives a glow, but doesn't make me look oily

AMAZINGG

on 5/20/2010 9:13:00 AM

The best thing about this foundation is the sanitary pump bottle. Other than that, this looked horrible on me. It went on too sheer and disappeared after an hour to leave little white shimmer particles all over my face, almost like sunscreen residue. Did not cover anything, could not get a color match. Made me look tired and old.

on 5/19/2010 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I used this when I went out partying one night not expecting much... and when the pictures came back, my skin looked absolutely FLAWLESS and AIRBRUSHED. I usually don't say this about foundations or anything, but I could not believe that was me! I looked glowy and radiant for once instead of oily or dull.

That's why I think this foundation is better suited for evening/night/photo type situations, where the little shimmers and sparkles work to your advantage. Not to mention I'm likin' the pump. :) SPF 20's a good plus, too. I would recommend this for people with normal --> oily skin, but IMO setting with powder is a necessity if you're oily. (That probably goes for all foundations for oily people)

I can totally understand why this foundation didn't work for some people, but let me just say that it rocked the heck out of my face (even during the day) and I don't think I can buy another foundation that makes me so "photogenic" for a -relatively- cheap price!

LOVE the pump :) that's what made me try this in the first place. That and all the hype about this foundation. I just stippled it on with a flat-topped brush and WOW. I'm a meduim tannish asian, so rich ginger worked for me. And the finish!! Kind of a satin, dewy finish. I couldn't really see any of the hated sparkles, so that was fine with me. Lasted throughout the day with Almay setting powder. But it ended up breaking me out, so back to my Maybelline Superstay :( Would've loved it if it hadn't broken me out, but would recommend to a friend with less sensitive skin :)

on 5/19/2010 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

I purchased this out of curiousity. My sister loved it so I gave it a shot. I'm nc40 and both medium beige and golden beige were too light. The next color was to dark. I tried applying golden beige and it accentuated the dry spots on my face. I didn't like the application. The pump was nice and the shimmery finish was good but overall, not a good product for me : /

on 5/19/2010 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin so I personally want a matte finish on my face. With Revlon Photoready, it seemingly adds a layer of subtle glitter onto my already oily patches making me seem like i'm sweating a storm. I have several acne scars and dry patches, and I found out that this foundation tends to emphasize those dry areas. I really do not like this foundation for my own personal skin type because I have very oily skin, which magnifies the glitter it seems, and I have dry patches, which it seems to accentuate. My main complaint overall is the glitter. Who adds glitter onto foundation...who does that?!

on 5/18/2010 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I wanted to wait to write a review of this until I had used it for some time. I've been wearing Revlon PhotoReady a lot. I absolutely *love* it. I'm Asian, around NC35-40 and I wear 008 Golden Beige.

I have extremely dry skin and I was afraid that this was going to accentuate my dry patches, like other liquid foundations had. I've been using this with L'Oreal's Studio Secrets primer and the combo is *amazing*. I set it with MAC MSFN and it seriously stays on forever.

I don't notice glitter as much as some other reviewers have mentioned, but it is a little shimmery. I don't mind the shimmer because I have been wanting a foundation that gives me a dewey finish and this does.

I wore this for my graduation pictures and other important even pictures and I haven't noticed any white cast in it. Hands down, best foundation I've tried yet!

The only downside is the price but I usually wait for BOGOF sales to stock up, so it turns out to be about $6 per bottle, which is pretty awesome. Try it out! =)

on 5/18/2010 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This foundation did two contradictory things at once: 1. Shimmer that could blind you in total darkness and 2. Also making my skin look duller than it ever has before.

I don't know how that happened, but let's just say it was bad. The shimmer/glitter is bright and obvious, but anything but illuminating. It just made my skin look poorly-textured and as I mentioned before, very dull!
Maybe it's just because I have such fair skin and their lightest shade is always a shade too dark for me anyway. It could work well for medium and dark skintones but I say beware if you're pale!

on 5/18/2010 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I thought this foundation was terrible! It's got gold shimmer in it that just looks terrible! The Color Stay is much better than this one. Go for that one!