April 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(1996 reviews)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Gizzyxx

I really liked how this made my skin look, it was a nice finish

Didnt notice any of the sparkles people are talking about though!!?

BUT - EVERYTIME i wore this foundation, I got at least 2 big UGLY WHITHEADS by the end of the day! After a week i was sick if it and I tried another foundation (MAC Select) and I had not a single whitehead so I put it down to Revlon

Its a shame cos if I had not broken out I would have continued using this.

The packaging is great (the pump) and you dont need a lot of product

I would suggest that if you have ance or skin which is prone to breaking out - if you can get a sample of this from somewhere or a friend try it first in case it breaks you out too

Never mind...the search for a good foundation continues :-(
I would not repurchase....no way hose!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by somala

i like this foundation. i have been using it from November 2009 and until now .i don't see a very bad point about it. i have dry skin and little blemish. and i dont try to cover everything on my face with foundation. even when i do have scar marks , i use concealer . it stays on, not very heavy, a little shimmery (i asked my friend under the sunlight, whether i look sparkly, she said no) . its good so far. my only regret is , none of the colors matches my skin exactly. so i use another one (L'Oreal HIP no. 800 NUDE) mix with it to match my skin. i wont use it when it will be very hot. but for fall/spring/winter, its a great choice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Jazzybear89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was really excited to try this stuff but it's not good. I was hoping for some coverage since it doesn't give you any. It's very sheer and it does have some sparkle to it. It never blends into my skin, it just sits on top very weirdly. The packaging is great though! I wish the colorstay had a pump like this one. I didn't like the sparkle like I thought I would. I makes my dark undereye circles look worse and doesn't cover anything at all. So I would not recommend this stuff. I like the Rimmel Lasting Finish and Maybelline Superstay 24 hr. much better. This stuff doesn't blend out at all! And it's one of the more expensive drugstore foundations. Not good. This would be good for someone who is extremely pale and can't find foundations that are light enough- the lighest is almost white!

Edit: So I found a redeeming quality to this stuff finally! Thank god as I would hate to have wasted so much money on a horrible foundation! I now mix it with my Rimmel Lasting Finish and it gives me my perfect shade and makes me like the consistency of both foundations much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by moonlightflower

UPDATE: I just exchanged the color I got (Vanilla 002) with a shade darker just because vanilla turned out to be super pale looking. I got Shell 003 and it matches my skin PERFECTLY. After using this everyday for a little over a week, I would say that this is my HG of foundations.

This foundation is such an improvement from the colorstay. Colorstay provided good coverage, but it was easy to get thick and cakey and the chemicals smell weird. Im excited about the pump they added to this one. The packaging feels nice and looks sleek.
Coverage is like inbetween matte and dewey. The fine glitter makes it really radiant if you have younger skin. One thing about it is that it comes out lighter than it looks in the bottle, so you have to be careful when trying to find your shade. plus SPF 20! yes!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2010 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Princessbel

I really wasn't sure about this foundation when I first heard about it. I don't really like revlon foundations but this one seems to be pretty good. I have comination skin and it really looks good all day, I find I can wear it from morning til night without looking like a 'grease ball' face ;) which is such a bonus for me!! It's not as heavy as a MAC foundation and I like it because it doesnt feel like I have a face full of make-up, it also looks pretty awesome in most lights. The only limitation with it is the colours! I find golden beige doesn't match my skin when it is tanned. I will buy it again because I do like it a lot but I am still searching for a foundation I can wear out with a nice tan =]

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ugh NO! Whoever compares this to the MUFE HD foundation doesn't know what they are talking about. Sorry. MUFE has actual coverage, looks like skin, and gives a nice dewly look. Been using it for over a year and wore it on my wedding day. Pictures (even up close portraits) looks flawless. Revlond PhotoReady has no actual coverage (still see my red zit!), sits on top of skin, gives you a silver cast because of all the micro-crystals and calls that a 'glow'. YUCK I don't think so!
And just a note - usually foundations with SPF do not photograph well beause it gives a white cast. That's why MUFE HD has no SPF. But Revlon PhotoReady does... 15SPF...I don't get that.. why would you make a foundation for pictures and then put SPF in it? Stupid.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Littlered89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

To start this off, I have fair skin, and to date this is the only foundation I have ever purchased that matched it completely. The first time I bought it, it was on a whim, but have purchased it twice since. I even recommended it to one of my friends who has the same very fair skin I do. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't have amazing staying power, so if you are planning on any intense hugging or facial rubbing, mix it with the Colorstay to help it stay. If its just for day to day or a night out even, it is awesome!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 9:19:00 AM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm using 04 Nude and it is a perfect match for my NW20 skin. I use moisturizer before applying and the foundation lasts all day 8-10 hours with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish as my setting powder in Light-Medium and I reapply powder if my nose gets a little shiny on humid days.

EDIT: From 5 lippies to 2. Breakout related to the use of this product. I'll wear it only for a few hours from now on but not all day. Horrible!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Taypel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation because it gives me really good coverage that naturally evens out my skin tone and stays put all day. Sometimes, I have to use a little bit of concealer where I have a blemish, but for the most part this really makes my skin look even and luminous. I don't really see this foundation as sparkly, but it does give me a "glow." I also think it's great because you can blend powder blush over it, without it getting streaky. I hated this the first time I used it and tried to spread it with my fingers, but since I've been putting it on with a makeup sponge, I've loved it. Will continue to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by merupi

When i first got it, i LOVED IT. and i mean ADORE ADORE ADORE. i thought,. hey the shimmers aren't thaat bad. i couldn't really see them in the bathroom mirror/inside buildings. it kept a lot of oil control!! unlike my other foundations (although i still got a little oil, but it's really OK because i'm naturally a greaseball). in photos, this really does make your skin look flawless. i am in love with the pump.

i've been using it for a month now and i'm actually fed up with the shimmery face. when i'm outside you can see full fledge sparkles on my face. i'm already battling with a shimmery blush or eyeshadow getting in different spots on my face!! the foundation adds to it :[
the foundation itself is the most natural and flawless foundation i have tried. it's just that it looks like i dipped my hands in glitter and started wiping my hand on my face. i would get this in a heart beat if revlon decides to make a matte version! and not colorstay because i hated that foundation.