July 24, 2014 | 2160 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(2019 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 3:08:00 AM More reviews by KeshiaXO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In my opinion, I love using Photoready. The only thing that bugs me is that for a drugstore foundation, it's $37 here in Australia. Other than that I've been using this for two weeks and I think it's great. I don't use too much of it, and it lasts me all day. No need to re-apply or re-powder. I would definitely buy again. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by chinkyeyez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation was fine but the only problem is i picked the wrong shade, it was a shade too dark. I bought it in Mocha which is the last shade on the spectrum, i assumed it would match because as a Black women the last shade in the drugstore foundations usually matches me, i guess i should have went with Cappuccino.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Danyw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product. I have pretty oily skin with a few blemishes here and there. I bought it at Walgreens for $13.00. I put it on in the morning after my daily moisturizer, it looked good for around 2 hours. By mid day I was so oily, I think I had to use powder 4-5 times throughout the day just so that people couldn't see their reflections in my face!!.

I'm not sure but I think the shimmer/sparkles have something to do with making you look even shinier. I decided to go back to Walgreens to get the finishing / matte powder that goes with this foundation. That was a disapointment too. When I put it on it just made me look muddy with sparkles. Needless to say, I returned both and got the Mineral mousse makeup instead and I LOVE it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Not good. One lippie because I have no choice.
To be sure I had perfect color match, I got 2 as bogo 1/2 off and still returned both. Wierd, it has no highlight effect but there is glitter so heavy, it makes the skin actually look rough, cement-like. Tried it after scrubs in case the problem was with my skin, with different primers and moisturizers, just as an undereye highlight. Nope. Could not make this thing work.

I swore by Revlon's original colorstay (sans softflex) for years, now that this can no longer be found, Revlon and I are finally parting after a very very long relationship.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by SpecialRed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Overall: I am actually on the fence about this product. The color actually matched me pretty well. After the product dries it has a pretty nice finish to it, I didn't see any sparkles on my face but I did on my fingers. One of the things I didn't like was that the product is not full coverage like it claims. It is more like a tinted moisturizer. Also if you don't but on a moisturizer before the product, it will cake up horribly!
Price: In my opinion it is expensive for a drugstore foundation, and not worth the price.
Packaging: One of the things I was most excited for was the pump! It is great! But the lid to the bottle is what bothers me. It doesn't really stay on.
I will not buy this product again, mostly because it doesn't have full coverage like it says, it can get very oily, and it is expensive for a drugstore foundation.
EDIT: I didn't want to give up on this and tried something new. I applied this with my fingers and then applied stay matte powder by clinique, and it looks really good! So I think I'm going to keep this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by xmiszlilyunyun

I have oily skin, and this is not matte finish. This foundation looks good on me during winter, but definately not for summer. The glitter doesn't really bother me cause you can't really see it. Its pretty good, medium coverage and doesn't feel heavy plus there's spf !

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by babyintense

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS!! It can get patchy but nothing a good moisturizer can't fix. Have it in 006 Medium beige and i'm a NC40 for reference... Haven't tried NARS Sheer Glow but I LOVE this foundation gives me a great finish, not matte (i dont like matte)
I'd say give it a shot!
This is what MAC Mineralize Satinfinish SHOULD be!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by mshotpink

Pros: this product is very bendable and sheer which I like because I don't like to feel like I'm wearing make-up so this does a good job at that. It gives off a nice sheen but you must set this or it will get oily.I think the coverage is light/medium but it can be build able.The color I got was very close to my natural color so it went on fine. I think the price is pretty good compared to any other foundations such as MAC, DIOR etc. Also best of is the pump it gives off as much or as little as you need. I just use half a pump on my face so this product would last me a long time.

Cons: The glitter I know some people also have this issue I don't mind the glitter indoors, but if you go in the sunlight BOOM instant glitter. If you don't like any glitter of any kind stay away from this product. I wouldn't recommend this for oily skin people I think it gives your skin a nice sheen but it might get to oily for people with oily skin.

Overall: I like this product it goes on smooth and sheer. The packaging and pump are nice and the price is not bad. If you're looking for a full coverage foundation I don't think this is it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by mellliiisssuh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i bought this in vanilla first but then returned it because it was a little too pale. i got the shade darker, shell and it fits my skintone perfectly for the moment. the pump is great, it has lots of control. i really like the coverage so i dont have to use a lot of concealer afterwards. it blends really easily so i like to grab this if i dont have as much time. i just blend it with my fingers. its not matte, so it gives a subtle glow. and it does look great in any kind of light. going outside is always a test for foundation and it still matched me perfectly outside. but, one time i was in my car and there was very direct sunlight on my face i looked in my mirror and i was glittering. like how edward looked in the first movie. but that was when the sun was directly in my face. other than that i love this foundation i just prob. wouldn't reccomend it if you plan on being outside all day on a very sunny day

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by mukinsvivi

Pretty good foundation . I have found HALF a plump enough to cover my entire face, if spread out evenly. This foundation DOES cake if you apply it too slow/too much. I found the glitters to be over the top ! I have dry-combo skin.First off, many people have said the glitters were to promote a dewy finish . . . however; I found them bringing out my dry patches . . . . and making me look patchy. Also, when you're outside you sparkle . . . and it makes it obvious that you're wearing foundation. I'm a NW15 in Mac, and I found Ivory to be a perfect match . The staying power is great, but it tends to turn flaky throughout the day. Overall, if you can get pass the glitter and you have OILY skin . . . you should give this foundation a try! And it's usually on BOGO 50% off deal !