August 1, 2014 | 1706 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(2023 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Elizabby

OMG, where have you been all my life? I liked Revlon ColorStay but I *love* Photoready! Admittedly, part of this may be the packaging - I find the pump pack very easy to use and dispenses exactly the right amount. I dot it on my face and use a brush to distribute it for even coverage, which is very easy! I find it easier to use and slightly thinner in consistency compared with CS.

I used my regular moisturizer underneath, and it sits beautifully. The finish is slightly dewy, not totally matte, which is better for me as I'm getting close to 40 now. There is a little bit of "glow" which I like - but it isn't an obvious glitter or even shimmer. I set it with my normal loose powder (Maybelline currently, I'm a drug-store girl in case you didn't notice...) It lasted beautifully through the day - I particularly noticed that it didn't transfer onto the fluffy collar of my jacket even when I was turning my head as I was driving. I have combination skin, but no oiliness was evident even after several hours. Feels really nice on - light, but still has good coverage. By the end of the day I needed to repowder, but that's normal for me.

Just one comment about the colours. I'm a NW20, ColorStay Buff, so I got Vanilla (received from a *lovely* MUA swapper to whom I am forever indebted!) and when it first came out of the pump, under my bathroom lights I thought it was white! It was *so* pale I had serious doubts. However, this seems to be part of the light-reflective properties of the stuff - once on and in normal lighting it looked fine and Vanilla *is* the right colour. Not too pink - I have a lot of redness in my cheeks so I like a bit of neutralizing in my foundation. But not *so* yellow-based that there was an obvious mismatch - in fact, perfect! So either I need to get new bathroom lights, or maybe when it is in a liquid "blob" the colour just isn't quite the same - anyway, once on it looks really nice! Oil free, fragrance free, contains sunscreen - what else is there to wish for??

Cons: it did settle a bit into the large pores on my nose - but most foundations do this, so it isn't specifically a problem of the PhotoReady.

That's all I can think of! If the powder is as good, I'm going to go out and buy that too - and that's out of character for me, I hardly ever pay full retail! ;) Would definitely buy again - even at retail prices!!

Addit: I think I might also buy 003 Shell and mix them, as just a touch darker might be better for me now it is the end of summer. I still think Vanilla will be fine for me in winter. I'm probably a NW15-20 rather than a straight NW20.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by mobo10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave into the hype and purchased this foundation. I've used many many many Revlon products in the past and I'm usually pleased with the results. However, this foundation is a big let down! I found the texture alright but the amount of glitter in it is INSANE! Its not practical for day wear, more like if you were going to a big rager party at night or something where glitter and stripper shoes were the dress code! Although its a drugstore product and considered 'cheap' compared to department store brands, I would say skip this and save your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2010 11:15:00 AM More reviews by AmandaHope17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not impressed at all. Based on the advertising copy, I expected serious, lasting coverage. Which is exactly the opposite of what I got.
The texture is very thin, even for a liquid foundation. I would call it watery. Coverage is poor -- I had to layer it on to cover up some redness on my cheeks.
Worst of all, it vanishes by mid-day and I look like I am not even wearing any foundation. (Not a good look for me, btw.)
To add insult to injury, it's too expensive for a drugstore foundation. ($11+ at Target.) I am thinking of returning it, as a matter of fact.
Don't waste your money on this. For shame, Revlon!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Cindyrella23

Hi,

I've been wanting to try this product for awhile but was relectant to buy it since it was from a drugstore. I'm an NC25 in MAC and bought Natural Beige. People say its quite expensive since its a drugstore product which is quite true but cheaper than MAC foundations.

I'm asian and i have pale skin esp during winter my skin gets paler. I am quite impress that it has a pump whereas MAC, u have to purchase their pump. It actually feels quite light on my skin. It doesn't make my skin feel oily or too try. I actually put on some translucent powder from shiseido to cover the T-zone but since i work and use this for almost 6 - 10 hours. I would say that it still stays on. You might need a primer if u need to achieve the flawless effect.

Overall i am quite impress with this product & have been using it for a month and so far i have no breakouts but i do get a bit of breakouts from MAC foundations. =) Defitnely repurchase this again if i do run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 3:08:00 AM More reviews by KeshiaXO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In my opinion, I love using Photoready. The only thing that bugs me is that for a drugstore foundation, it's $37 here in Australia. Other than that I've been using this for two weeks and I think it's great. I don't use too much of it, and it lasts me all day. No need to re-apply or re-powder. I would definitely buy again. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by chinkyeyez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation was fine but the only problem is i picked the wrong shade, it was a shade too dark. I bought it in Mocha which is the last shade on the spectrum, i assumed it would match because as a Black women the last shade in the drugstore foundations usually matches me, i guess i should have went with Cappuccino.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Danyw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product. I have pretty oily skin with a few blemishes here and there. I bought it at Walgreens for $13.00. I put it on in the morning after my daily moisturizer, it looked good for around 2 hours. By mid day I was so oily, I think I had to use powder 4-5 times throughout the day just so that people couldn't see their reflections in my face!!.

I'm not sure but I think the shimmer/sparkles have something to do with making you look even shinier. I decided to go back to Walgreens to get the finishing / matte powder that goes with this foundation. That was a disapointment too. When I put it on it just made me look muddy with sparkles. Needless to say, I returned both and got the Mineral mousse makeup instead and I LOVE it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Not good. One lippie because I have no choice.
To be sure I had perfect color match, I got 2 as bogo 1/2 off and still returned both. Wierd, it has no highlight effect but there is glitter so heavy, it makes the skin actually look rough, cement-like. Tried it after scrubs in case the problem was with my skin, with different primers and moisturizers, just as an undereye highlight. Nope. Could not make this thing work.

I swore by Revlon's original colorstay (sans softflex) for years, now that this can no longer be found, Revlon and I are finally parting after a very very long relationship.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by SpecialRed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Overall: I am actually on the fence about this product. The color actually matched me pretty well. After the product dries it has a pretty nice finish to it, I didn't see any sparkles on my face but I did on my fingers. One of the things I didn't like was that the product is not full coverage like it claims. It is more like a tinted moisturizer. Also if you don't but on a moisturizer before the product, it will cake up horribly!
Price: In my opinion it is expensive for a drugstore foundation, and not worth the price.
Packaging: One of the things I was most excited for was the pump! It is great! But the lid to the bottle is what bothers me. It doesn't really stay on.
I will not buy this product again, mostly because it doesn't have full coverage like it says, it can get very oily, and it is expensive for a drugstore foundation.
EDIT: I didn't want to give up on this and tried something new. I applied this with my fingers and then applied stay matte powder by clinique, and it looks really good! So I think I'm going to keep this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by xmiszlilyunyun

I have oily skin, and this is not matte finish. This foundation looks good on me during winter, but definately not for summer. The glitter doesn't really bother me cause you can't really see it. Its pretty good, medium coverage and doesn't feel heavy plus there's spf !