September 22, 2014 | 1282 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(2028 reviews)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by pepperminttimes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this soo bad seeing as how it has a pump. I love the way it makes my skin look, the only problem is that they dont make my color. I was expecting the Revlon Photo ready foundations to have the same colour scheme as the Revlon Colourstay because that would make sense, so I picked up Ivory and it was a lot darker than my actual skin :(

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2010 4:20:00 AM More reviews by becca425

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely loved this product when I started using it. The coverage was great, and it made my skin appear flawless.

After using it for more than a month, I started to really notice my acne flaring up, so I stopped using the product-- my acne went back down.

This product breaks me out! :( I think it may have something to do with the shimmer...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by bih80

I used the Smashbox HD for a long while but when I discovered this I quickly replaced Smashbox with this, this product is so amazing, I use it with a flat stippling brush and it gives me a perfect airbrush finish. I also love the slight shimmer it has. I live in florida and with this I can skip adding shimmer to my cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by ThickerSister

This product is amazing. it goes on smooth and it looks great. i will say im not that big on the shimmer but it looks great for the summer. It is a bit expensive for a drug store item. it was like $14 + tax but i will def. buy it again because it is just as great as some of the high end foundations i tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

Such a wonderful foundation. I'm so happy I finally purchased this awhile back- I love it just as much as my Revlon CS (which has been my HG for nearly 2 years) ........Photoready has a a very different texture then Colorstay- PR is very runny and doesn't dry as fast as CS, its a little easier to blend and the coverage is medium to full. I prefer appyling this with my fingers, some days a foundation brush or damp sponge- all methods work super well. The thing that kept me away from trying this was all the shimmer,glitter and sparkle talk. Upon glancing into the bottle, I can detect a slight sheen- but once appyling it to my face I don't see any unflattering shimmer (even in direct sunlight!).....in MAC foundations I go from NC20-25, I also have a slight yellow undertone, I chose Vanilla- Shell seemed to pink, and Nude wasn't available. Vanilla is a smidge light, however since I'm an avid foundation mixer (I love mixing this with my Revlon CS, or MAC Studio Fix Fluid) I can make it work. I can't comment on the lasting power of this alone because I set it with a powder, and it lasts a very long time- although my makeup lasts awhile due to using a primer. All in all, I love this and use it each time I do my makeup- it has not broken me out, the pump is so much easier then pouring and there is no Edward Cullen shimmer :D (sorry, I had to throw that in LOL) .....A great foundation, that I will re-purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Elizabby

OMG, where have you been all my life? I liked Revlon ColorStay but I *love* Photoready! Admittedly, part of this may be the packaging - I find the pump pack very easy to use and dispenses exactly the right amount. I dot it on my face and use a brush to distribute it for even coverage, which is very easy! I find it easier to use and slightly thinner in consistency compared with CS.

I used my regular moisturizer underneath, and it sits beautifully. The finish is slightly dewy, not totally matte, which is better for me as I'm getting close to 40 now. There is a little bit of "glow" which I like - but it isn't an obvious glitter or even shimmer. I set it with my normal loose powder (Maybelline currently, I'm a drug-store girl in case you didn't notice...) It lasted beautifully through the day - I particularly noticed that it didn't transfer onto the fluffy collar of my jacket even when I was turning my head as I was driving. I have combination skin, but no oiliness was evident even after several hours. Feels really nice on - light, but still has good coverage. By the end of the day I needed to repowder, but that's normal for me.

Just one comment about the colours. I'm a NW20, ColorStay Buff, so I got Vanilla (received from a *lovely* MUA swapper to whom I am forever indebted!) and when it first came out of the pump, under my bathroom lights I thought it was white! It was *so* pale I had serious doubts. However, this seems to be part of the light-reflective properties of the stuff - once on and in normal lighting it looked fine and Vanilla *is* the right colour. Not too pink - I have a lot of redness in my cheeks so I like a bit of neutralizing in my foundation. But not *so* yellow-based that there was an obvious mismatch - in fact, perfect! So either I need to get new bathroom lights, or maybe when it is in a liquid "blob" the colour just isn't quite the same - anyway, once on it looks really nice! Oil free, fragrance free, contains sunscreen - what else is there to wish for??

Cons: it did settle a bit into the large pores on my nose - but most foundations do this, so it isn't specifically a problem of the PhotoReady.

That's all I can think of! If the powder is as good, I'm going to go out and buy that too - and that's out of character for me, I hardly ever pay full retail! ;) Would definitely buy again - even at retail prices!!

Addit: I think I might also buy 003 Shell and mix them, as just a touch darker might be better for me now it is the end of summer. I still think Vanilla will be fine for me in winter. I'm probably a NW15-20 rather than a straight NW20.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by mobo10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave into the hype and purchased this foundation. I've used many many many Revlon products in the past and I'm usually pleased with the results. However, this foundation is a big let down! I found the texture alright but the amount of glitter in it is INSANE! Its not practical for day wear, more like if you were going to a big rager party at night or something where glitter and stripper shoes were the dress code! Although its a drugstore product and considered 'cheap' compared to department store brands, I would say skip this and save your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2010 11:15:00 AM More reviews by AmandaHope17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not impressed at all. Based on the advertising copy, I expected serious, lasting coverage. Which is exactly the opposite of what I got.
The texture is very thin, even for a liquid foundation. I would call it watery. Coverage is poor -- I had to layer it on to cover up some redness on my cheeks.
Worst of all, it vanishes by mid-day and I look like I am not even wearing any foundation. (Not a good look for me, btw.)
To add insult to injury, it's too expensive for a drugstore foundation. ($11+ at Target.) I am thinking of returning it, as a matter of fact.
Don't waste your money on this. For shame, Revlon!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Cindyrella23

Hi,

I've been wanting to try this product for awhile but was relectant to buy it since it was from a drugstore. I'm an NC25 in MAC and bought Natural Beige. People say its quite expensive since its a drugstore product which is quite true but cheaper than MAC foundations.

I'm asian and i have pale skin esp during winter my skin gets paler. I am quite impress that it has a pump whereas MAC, u have to purchase their pump. It actually feels quite light on my skin. It doesn't make my skin feel oily or too try. I actually put on some translucent powder from shiseido to cover the T-zone but since i work and use this for almost 6 - 10 hours. I would say that it still stays on. You might need a primer if u need to achieve the flawless effect.

Overall i am quite impress with this product & have been using it for a month and so far i have no breakouts but i do get a bit of breakouts from MAC foundations. =) Defitnely repurchase this again if i do run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 3:08:00 AM More reviews by KeshiaXO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In my opinion, I love using Photoready. The only thing that bugs me is that for a drugstore foundation, it's $37 here in Australia. Other than that I've been using this for two weeks and I think it's great. I don't use too much of it, and it lasts me all day. No need to re-apply or re-powder. I would definitely buy again. :)