MAC #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

4.5

HAIRZ

Awesome brush! I'm glad I finally bit the bullet and shelled out the cash for it. My blushes look so much better on my skin when applied with this brush. :)

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

When I first wanted to buy a skunk brush, I was tempted to getting the Lancome highlighting brush (iirc the name). When I went to cehck out the counter, teh one they had, the one being used to make-overs, was ratty and falling apart. I figured that if they can't display a nice one and that's the way teh brushes end up, they couldn't be all that good.

So, I went over to MAC and bought the 187 brush and haven't looked back. This si the one most expensive item I own, make-up-wise that is. $50 CND was a bit steep, but it was worth it. Bluhes, harsh bronzers, skinfinishes, shimmer - you name it, is easy to apply and you'll never risk over doing it again!

Just swish the brush in the product and apply in a circular motion or like a regular blush brush. The haris are very nice and soft - almost too soft! It's a mixture of synthetic (the black hairs) and goat hairs (the white hairs, which are slightly longer). At first I wasn't sure about getting a brush with animal hairs and I still feel guilty when I think about that. But for those whom this doesn't apply to, buy this brush.

I also like to use it for Studio Fix as it gives a nice light application when I don't want to go heavy or a light application on places where you don't need so much coverage, like the cheeks.

It comes ina plastic slip, which is sufficient to hold the brush. I kept mine in there for a while until it got grungy looking then trashed it. After that I would invest in some sort of brush holder.

As for shedding, I foudn that ebfore washing it did shed. After washing barely ever. The reason I don't say neve, is because 2 months later, it has shed 2 1/2 hairs, which is normal.

I really love this brush! It was a birthday present along with my 3 Mineralized Skinfinishes, and it's so useful. It works great with the MS but also applies bronzers, blushes and other shimmery products perfectly, without applying too much. Shame it's a bit expensive cos it's a must have!

This is probably my most treasured make-up tool. It is incredibly soft so it buffs like a dream. I bought this brush to apply liquid foundation on the advice of a MAC SA. I thought she was joking when she said this is her favourite brush for applying foundation as I had expected her to produce the MAC foundation brush. She gave me a demo and as the result was really good I thought that 'okay, I'll give this a go.'. I reckoned that if I'm unable to reproduce the results she produced with this brush then at least it would be a handy brush for my make-up bag anyway. I don't use MAC foundation - I use Clinique Dewy SMooth and I have to say that I was literally stunned at how well this brush applies this make-up. As previous reviewers have said, little circular movements really buff the make-up into your skin and the result is FLAWLESS. My make-up also seems to last longer with this brush. I liked this brush so much and it also did such a good job of applying my Guerlain Meteorites, Bronzer and Blusher, that I decided to try the traditional foundation brush and keep this one for these other purposes. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!! What I should have done was buy another one of these but instead I wasted money on a foundation brush which I never use now except for applying cream blush sometimes.

This brush is very very versatile - it is expert at giving that professional 'natural' look. It is also extremely comfortable to use so I would highly recommend one for anyone's make-up bag as it works so well with so many products. The only criticism I have is that it sheds a bit when applying the liquid foundation and the dye really runs out when you wash it. It is quite pricey (27) but it is an investment in your grooming kit and doesn't come out that much more expensive than many other higher end make-up brushes which are only half as versatile and often less superior in quality. I'm not a great MAC fan - I find their make-up collection a bit over the top and quality wise only 'alright' and their foundations only 'so so' BUT their make-up brushes are fantastic!!!! I used to spend much more money on BB brushes and I think the MAC collection is superior as a tool and cheaper.

If I could start my make-up brush collection again I would have 4 of these: 1 for foundation, one for blush, one for bronzer, one for finishing powder (highlighter). I LOVE THE #187!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Wow is this brush soft. It is also incredibly versatile. I have used it to apply powder foundation, blushes and highlighters. You can just softly buff the color into your cheeks, very subtle but still noticable. This works with both pigmented blushes (as has been raved about already) but I am also using it with lighter colors. It won't completely replace my trusty 168, but it's nice to have options.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have no idea how I applied my blush without this brush before and seriously thought I did not look like a clown. This brush has made a huge difference for me and even though I winced at the price, it was definitely worth buying. The good news is that like all my othe MAC brushes, it will last forever!

Love, love, love this brush!!! I can't rave enough about it; it picks up the right amount of color and deposits it smoothly exactly where I need it and want it. Everyone needs this brush!!!

5 lippies for this baby! It rocks! I read reviews on this brush how everyone raved that it works unlike any other brush. Finally, I got it! It's true, it's unlike any other brush, it picks up just the right amount. I have only used for my much adorded skinfinishes, but will now use it for blushes too. It is pricey for a brush, but totally worth it. If you are thinking about getting it, well think no more and go get it! You'll love it!

Wow, this is by far one of my favorite brushes. I was hesitant to spend 42.00 (USD) on a brush, but I decided to give it a try. This is perfect to apply the heavily pigmented blushes in my collection. I have tried the CVS brand of the "skunk brush" and while it works, this MAC brush is far superior. IMO, you get what you pay for. Yes, it's expensive but it's worth it. It gives a flawless, even application when applying pigmented blushes. I use this to apply NARS Crazed, my Shu blushes and Cargo Panama. I would buy this again, if I happened to lose this brush, but I think it will last a long time.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Just recently bought this brush to go with 2 skinfinishes I bought (Stereo Rose & Porcelain Pink), and I must say that it is has lived up to all the raves I've been reading about. It gives the lightest touch to blushes and highlighters, picking up and depositing just the right amount. In fact, I originally bought it for the skinfinshes, but am now using for other blushes. The trick as my MA taught me, is to buff it in round circles on your cheek when using the skinfishes. Only drawback is the price, ouch! But I guess it's good investment.

Popular Makeup Brushes