December 21, 2014 | 1216 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by kiyyum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG! I have very oily skin and this has been the only foundation that lasts all day and doesn't break me out. When I was on Accutane and had no oil on my skin I could wear this foundation for 20 hours without ever needing a touchup. Now that my skin is back to being very oily I just need to blot every 5-6 hours -- which is a lot less than most foundations I've tried. I apply it with a wet Beauty Blender and it makes my face look flawless.

I'm on my 6th bottle of this stuff and will continue to repurchase until they stop making it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by cmitakis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings about this one. When I initially bought it, I wanted something that was going to a) last 10 hour work days; and b) cover, cover, cover my active cystic acne. It's perfect for that. Fortunately for me nowadays, my breakouts now are quite mild, and I am no where near as oily as I used to be. As such, this foundation is now way too thick for me. I still use it in the winter (the color is bordering on too light for me otherwise), but more sparingly and in the T-zone only (where I tend to get oilier and where most of the post-acne scarring and redness is). The trick is to keep blending before it "sets". It's great for what it does (last all day and cover), just keep in mind this isn't going to be your "natural finish" foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by starfish07

I got this product from Macy's and I was advised to go for Sand shade after using it for 3 times at first i thought maybe I'm not used to it just yet, so i tried it again well, it is so drying i mean it is so dry that you can hardly brush it on your face i used my MAC Stippling brush and this foundation just makes my pores so visible and it tends to be so cakey that it''s like you're shouting to the whole wide world that you have a foundation on.. I'm speaking from my experience i mean its case to case basis but i don't recommend it if you have a very dry skin.. i returned the bottle yesterday, plus the bottle is so inconvenient to use they should have at least make a pump for it..

I'll give it two lippies for the staying effect and for that you don't have to worry if you have to wear dark shirt because there is no possibility that it would transfer because its VERY DRY..

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by sweetie02

This is a good foundation that stays on all day. With a good stippling brush, it doesn't get cakey and has a good coverage. But I can't find a good match for my skintone. I have light asian skin, and the MUA recommended the same color that she was wearing - and she was a slightly tanned, but more close to pale caucasian.
So if you can find a good color match for you, go for this foundation, but if you have light asian skin like me, the color is going to be slightly off.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by jasond51

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this foundation has stayed on my overworked, overstressed face for years without sliding off. 12 hour shifts as a nurse tested the "stay on" power of this makeup and it pasted the test.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by jhodi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product was my first real foray into liquid foundations. I needed something to cover up my red, angry, eczema plagued skin. This covers everything!

I can't use this everyday because it's too heavy and when I keep it on too long I get these little bumps. However, when I use this my face becomes such a clean canvas that everything I add on top just pops!

Although summer is the time my face goes nuts and I feel the need to hide, I prefer to use this in winter because of how heavy it is. Also, I feel like I need the extra colour in winter when I look washed-out and grey.

Another great thing is that it lasts me a long time and I have to replace it about every two years.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by seiran

Skin Type: Sensitive, Yellow Undertone, Medium skin tone, Oily T-zone, breaks out a few times a month.

Pros: Covers well (didn't feel the need for a concealer)
Cons: color did not match skin tone, too heavy and cakey, caused me to break out a bit more than usual, also it does come off on my shirts and what not even though it says non-transferable. Is only as good as a regular drugstore brand liquid foundation like Revlon or Loreal.

Final Verdict: I would not spend three times the money on a product that does not even work as well as my previous regular drugstore brand foundation. I used to buy drugstore brand foundation when I was a student but now that I have more spending money, I was willing to pay for a foundation that cost 3X more but was also noticably better. Double wear is very thick and that is why it is great at covering scars and acne, however it also clogged my pores and caused me to break out.

Suggestion: Try Haba Liquid Foundation, the colors they have are a perfect match for asian skin. I have a really hard to match skin tone so I always have to find foundations with a huge color range or buy foundations from japan and korea. Haba Liquid Foundation is the best foundation I have tried so far (and trust me I have spent a lot of money trying to find the perfect foundation).

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Bunnybear9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have fair, neutral leaning towards slightly cool skin, and I could not get a good color match in this fdtn. Shell and Ecru looked okay in my bathroom lighting, but as soon as I walked outside they looked too pink or too orangey on me. The coverage is great and it felt light on my skin (I applied sheerly with a kabuki brush). It lasted all day with or without a primer- no ruboff, no meltdown in my oily t-zone. It did get a little dewey halfway through the day but nothing a little powder can't take care of. Great fdtn if you can get a good color match. Strangely enough I got a much better match in DW Light (intensity 1.0) even though there are fewer shades available.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by adorekittens

Didn't really work for me.. felt heavy... Revlon color stay is way better... longer lasting than this and doesn't feel as heavy

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2009 2:36:00 PM More reviews by apirro

Great foundation! I have this in "Wheat" for my olive complexion and I love! Heavy though - I feel like I cant wear this everyday for fear of breaking out, but I wear on special occasions when I know the camera is coming out! Lasts ALL day.