August 1, 2014 | 1394 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by iqaganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My sister bought me this liquid foundation as a christmas gift last christmas. We bought this over Seibu counter in Langham Place, Mongkok for errr... Sorry, I forgot already how much it is. The lady from Estee Lauder suggested the shade light-medium for me for my NC30 / NC35 skin color. She bought this together with the powder foundation and the freebie that we got from all our Estee Lauder purchases. It was my first time to buy something from Estee Lauder! In fact, I really know nothing about makeups until that day. My sister taught me how to apply liquid foundation and the proper step by step ways to put on your everyday make up. (Thanks sis! :) )

Anyway, I chose this because I need something that has a good coverage but stays for a very long time. And this was it. The coverage is good but the staying power? Hmmm.. So far, it's ok.. It doesn't hold that much for me but not that bad as well. So far it's ok and besides, this is Estee Lauder! With Estee Lauder, I could never go wrong! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by onefineday01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Ecru, and it's a bit dark for me, but would probably work in summer - which is the time that I would buy again. As far as staying power, this stuff has it! I've never seen foundation that would last this long - and it seems the longer it's on your skin the firmer it adheres! The color stays true on me all day, and I like that it has sunscreen, but my nose, chin, and jawline all get a bit sticky through the day with this - it's not oil controlling for me at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by princessxhx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

after reading rave reviews of this foundation i thought id give it a go, i like my foundation to last all day, i hate having to reapply it by lunch time. this foundation has staying power but can be hard to apply, its not very spreadable, it clings to dry areas and often caused me to break out, i would'nt recommend this foundation to any one with dry skin. it also could have done with a pump as you can waste alot trying to pour it out.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by sakinaskincare

I liked the shade when I tried it on, and already been lemming on this product for months.. when I finally bought it, I used it couple of times.. and I regretted it...
too hard to spread the foundation with whatever you use, because it dries too fast.. it looks so unnatural, and I felt like it was clogging my pores too much.. it wasnt a light felt foundation.. so I regret buying this.. I gave this to my mom.. and the price is just unreasonable compared to the quality of the product plus the packaging... I mean, come on... without a pump? anyways, dont buy this, this is way over-hyped..

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by marlina10

When the woman at the Estee Lauder counter first put this on me, I loved how well the shade matched my skin. And, I loved that it would stay put for a long time during the day. HOWEVER, the minute I saw a picture of me taken while wearing this makeup I immediately stopped using it. It is not a photo-friendly make up. Even the woman at the Estee Lauder counter said this when I brought it back. It made my face look ghostly white, and it's not that the shade was too light. It was a good shade for me, she said the SPF chemicals in it reflect when you take a picture and causes the ghost face. With engagement pictures coming up, I'm not wearing a foundation that looks horrible in pictures!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Olgtat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

The bottle is too heavy, The texture is too thick, i could wear it just at night time, but i used it years ago, when i didnt have any troubles with my skin, so i didnt have to use anything during the day on my skin, so i just used this at night just to seem more make upable )))) And i used it as anti cerne for my eyes, when i had violet color there.
But it was favorite foundation for my friend.
I would probably buy it again..for night time..but i dont like its texture.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2010 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Rice27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i'm half and half on this one. i love the coverage and the first few hours of wear, my face looks great. as the day goes on, it starts to crack and look cakey...very fake. of course, with the type of foundation this is and the long wear, you'll have that. even with a light application with my foundation brush....i had the same cracking, dry, fake look. i do however recommend this for covering up scars, acne, etc etc. i'm your classic cystic acne gal with major scarring to boot and this does a WONDERFUL job with coverage. i'm not sure if primer and powder change the effect of this foundation as i use smashbox photofinish and MUFE HD powder (i'm not really a fan of these products either but haven't found anything better yet). also let me add that i tend to have drier skin on my cheeks, chin and jawline being that i'm always treating it because of acne. this may be the reason my skin just doesn't react well to the foundation and i find that in my oily spots, the foundation rubs off or melts.

*update!! I have to add one more lippie because, at this point, i haven't found anything else better that's worked for my skin condition and looks as natural as it can be with my awful skin. this foundation with a foundation brush, smashbox photofinish primer, MUFE hd powder, and MUFE mist and fix are getting me through the day and out the door with LESS oil and good coverage (minus concealer!) for my acne. i do believe that the mist and fix is making the foundation look more natural and less cakey and fake.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by kristinaa1985

this one did not work out for me, it dried out my skin, and made me feel like i had on a mask after applying it, and i really didnt use much, it did not work out for me, i will not buy it again..still looking for the right foundation for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by ilexica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

To date, Doublewear is probably the best foundation I've tried. (It's the one I rebuy, anyway). It doesn't transfer, the coverage is good and buildable, and it doesn't oxidise through the day.

However, I do find you have to be a bit cunning with the application. For a 'standard' application, apply with a foundation brush. However, I don't personally like doing this - it's very hard to judge the right amount, and since this stuff dries very, very quickly you can end up with a cakey, over made-up mess if you're not careful. Another method (which I prefer) is to buff it in with a skunk brush or kabuki. Again though because it dries so fast you have to be super quick.

However what really made me like this foundation was the discovery that it works great mixed with moisturiser. For daily wear I now moisturise my (very dry) skin, leave it to sink in, then mix 1:1 DW and simple oil-free moisturiser on the back of my hands. Apply with my fingers, and buff in with a kabuki. The finish is still pretty flawless but it's more buildable, doesn't dry as quickly, and it's more forgiving in that it's much harder to end up with a mask-like effect. Applied like this is lasts all day for me, and I regularly work 14 hour days where it's really tested! (I touch up the powder in the afternoon, but it doesn't come off on my phone or clothes, doesn't oxidise, and doesn't wear off).

One thing I'm not delighted about is the colour choice. I'm pretty damn fair - NW10, if it existed - and although I use 'shell', it's not a perfect match. It's a bit too pink and too dark. If they increased the range of shades this would be perfect, but alas, it is not to be!

I've taken off one lippy for the packaging. The lack of a pump is a real PITA because the head of the bottle is huge and you end up dolloping loads everywhere and wasting lots (given how easy it is to overdose on this stuff anyway, EL should really wake up to how rubbish the packaging is). I bought a foundation pump from MAC which I like a lot better since it dispenses a useable amount of foundation rather than covering my hand. Given the godawful bottle I think the price is bloody steep, but unless I find anything better I will be sticking with DW!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by BRS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I thought this product was fantastic! Except unfortunately, whether it was the foundation itself or the colour that was chosen for me, I found it very pink on my yellow-undertone skin.
It's lasting power is great! It actually lived up to it's claim and lasted longer than six hours of application! The colour stayed well on my skin - though the finish did not. I still had to touch up continuously through the day because I was so shiny. It also did not help my oily skin at all.
The application is easy as the foundation glides on to my skin easily and sets quickly. And it didnt even transfer onto anything my face touched (like my mobile phone)!
The packaging is a little difficult because there is no pump that fits the product and is easy to pour too much out! So be careful.
If you do not have shine issues, this product is brilliant! It's expensive, but for a product that works, I would buy it again!